• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Isn't this just how it goes?

I just had my best game ever on VND. 2500+ games over the past five or so years of ownership, and I just was able to start and complete Alien Abduction (the mode that there is basically no information on anywhere!), end my first ball with more than 150,000,000 (top score before this, 168 mil and change) and an extra ball ready to go. Second ball wasn't great, but I managed to start two modes so I was looking like I might get to the Wizard mode too. Ball three was horrible, but that's all right, I can put the extra ball to work!

Managed to restart multiball, and right when I do one of the spotlight bulbs from the playfield comes out of the spotlight and I can see it rolling around on the playfield. DANG IT! Play on, we'll fix it after this! Managed to hit a couple jackpots and the bulb rolls amazingly into the left outlane, looks like this will work fine...

...and then I manage to drain both balls at the same time. VND pops up the center post to give me the ball back if I do that, but the ball doesn't fire back into play - the bulb fell into the trough and blocked it... until the game did a ball search, found it in the trough and ended the ball. Two shots away from Wizard mode, about 10 miles away from setting a distance record, and with a 212,373,380 final score that really could have been so much more.

Stupid bulb.

#2 9 years ago

Well that sucks.

Those spots would fall out on me all the time. Eventually I put slow color changer LEDs in there, wrapped the bulb body in duct tape and wedged it into the socket. I don't think it has ever fallen out again, at least that I can remember.

Still, 212m is a very nice score. And I've never driven more than 65 miles in a game.

viperrwk

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, we took them out of the one that we had at the arcade I worked at for that exact reason. I got a UV LED and had it in there, and it hadn't fell out in ages, but you know, when you're doing great is the perfect time for it to fall out.

After I wrote this, I put one game on Metallica before heading to bed, and I managed to pop off a rubber ring. Doubly annoying, as my son took the keys out of Metallica to play with and I don't know where they went (he's four, and I found them in his room but didn't realize what they were, and I put them somewhere that is a mystery since then...)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vnd-best-game-ever-but and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.