(Topic ID: 261781)

Vitural vs real?

By Jjguy77

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjguy77:

Hey guys need some feedback in the virtual 4k pins are they worth it vs say a new Ghostbusters pin? If cost is the same $4500-$5000 what is the collective thinking on this? Are the vitural ones worth it or second place place to the real deal?

I use to want a virtual pin. And I think there are some advantages to them. One... You get more games on a cab than just 1 and also they are easier to move. And I wouldn't stress too much on maintenance. But, things can break, software can glitch out(after you update... happened to me more than once), and they are a great way to learn the rules of a real pin.

Now, with that being said. I find that I have more fun even on a cheap beater pin than a virtual pin. I enjoy playing my night moves more often than I play pinball arcade or the f3 pinball. There is kinetic satisfaction that only a real game can give you. While I have had fun getting to wizard modes and beating them in AFM, TOTAN, TOM, Cactus Canyon, I always prefer to play the real game over the virtual one. Heck I don't think I've ever destroyed mars on a real AFM pinball machine(came close a few times). But, real is always better...

And one minor point for the virtual. Games like Cactus Canyon are super rare in real life, but for virtual a great place to play them.

I started making my own virtual cab before I bought my first pinball machine. I know own 8 and my cab still sits unfinished. And I really have nodesire to finish it.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zwovr6:

They both have a place. I have both and at times nothing compares to a real pin experience, but to be fair some of the things zen studios is doing is pretty fun to play as well. I guess it all depends on what your expectations are when you are comparing the two.

I like the rewind option...
    That to me is fun. Wish they had a mode that would have more powerups able to activate on each table... Virtual is different. Embrace the video game aspect... But, still stay true to the table. That way I can get the best of both worlds.

The main thing I really do like though. Is that I can experience more games and rare games. But, also game modes and animations. I got and beat the wizard mode in junk yard... Good luck to find one of those games, and I probably would never have a game that good in person... Or I'd have to really grind, and grind away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vitural-vs-real?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.