(Topic ID: 51245)

Visitors from Frankfurt

By Herbertsmart

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Cool international experience the other day. My neighbor visits Germany every year, and he had 2 friends from Germany visiting him a few weeks ago. Somehow they start talking about how one of them just bought a pinball machine (Jurassic Park) and my neighbor tells him that I have a garage full of games. That grabs their interest and they swing by the house before I get home from work and my wife tells them to come back later after I'm home to get the games all on and running for them. So about 8:30pm or so they come back over as we are trying to get the boys down for bed. Its 4 guys my neighbor, his room mate, Lukas (new pin owner from Germany), and Felix (Lukas' buddy who also enjoys pinball). I welcomed everyone and flip most of the games on. My neighbor and his room mate only stay for a 1/2 hour or so because they have to work graveyard shift. Lukas and Felix hang out till almost midnight playing pinball, drinking beers, and chatting with me. We played several 3-man games on Earthshaker and Fishtales. Really fun stuff to host some foreigners who share my interest in these old games. We talked about the arcade/pinball hobby, beer, travel, work, kids, school, sports and other stuff. Both Lukas and Felix were very gracious for the beers and the good times. Sadly, Felix was flying back home to Frankfurt Germany early the next morning, but Lukas is staying for a few weeks longer and I let him know that he is welcome to come over to play whenever he wants. Unfortunately, we never got to meet up again, he was busy touring SoCal and the nights he was available to come over we were always gone. It was pretty cool meeting other people interested in these game from across the ocean. Good times.

#2 10 years ago

Cool story.

#3 10 years ago

Yeah, Germans are good people. I was stationed there for 8 years and loved it. Still keep in contact with a couple of people.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visitors-from-frankfurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.