(Topic ID: 222202)

Visitors from afar

By DennisDodel

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2677 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2676 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5573 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5572 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5571 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5568 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5564 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5563 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5559 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5557 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5555 (resized).JPG
    IMGP0605 (resized).JPG
    IMGP0634 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Last Thursday bingo genius and good friend Nick Baldridge, from Richmond, Virgina and IPDB head honcho and also a good friend Jay Stafford from Seattle flew into St. Louis on their way to Wayne Neyen's 100th birthday party in Mountain Home, Arkansas. My good friend Jon Mueller also joined us for the day.
    We all had a great time playing and talking pinball and I look forward to us meeting up again. Thanks for a good time guys.

#2 5 years ago

Nick, Jay and Jon shooting on the Carombolette table.

IMG_5491 (resized).JPGIMG_5491 (resized).JPG
    #3 5 years ago

Jay wins with a score of 350. Red ball counts double.

IMG_5492 (resized).JPGIMG_5492 (resized).JPGIMG_5493 (resized).JPGIMG_5493 (resized).JPG
    #4 5 years ago

Jay becomes addicted to the United Caravan bingo and racks up some impressive replays. Check out that smile on his face.

IMG_5498 (resized).JPGIMG_5498 (resized).JPGIMG_5499 (resized).JPGIMG_5499 (resized).JPG
    #5 5 years ago

Nick kicks ass on the Bally Lido.

IMG_5500 (resized).JPGIMG_5500 (resized).JPGIMG_5505 (resized).JPGIMG_5505 (resized).JPG
    #6 5 years ago

Jon trying to spell words on the Bally Crosswords.

IMG_5502 (resized).JPGIMG_5502 (resized).JPG
    #7 5 years ago

Jay playing the Super Bingo slot and Jon playing the rare Bally Golden Gate slot. Note the racy Dave Christensen art on the Golden Gate.

IMG_5509 (resized).JPGIMG_5509 (resized).JPG

#8 5 years ago

My wife Carol and Nick discussing "way over my head" computer stuff. They both work in the computer industry.

IMG_5510 (resized).JPGIMG_5510 (resized).JPG
    #16 5 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Oh, if only! So much wasted potential in that picture - had I hit the rollover and lit after 5th, I could have scored four in the yellow section for 50 and 3 in the red for an additional 8 (hey, every bit helps).
    But I was mostly going for the futurity hit because my green odds were uncharacteristically much higher than the rest! I managed the OK hit in my first two balls, the rest were gravy.

Jay, it was great to meet you and be able to play some games together! I've learned that you are not to be trifled with on the rolldown Lite-A-Line, the Carombolette, and the bagatelle... I bet you're pretty good at billiards, too!

Yeah. I think Jay hustled us!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

OMG that Golden Gate slot machine, now I want one of those!! I’m a big fan of Dave Christiansen. Too bad it looks like it’s about impossible to get, I didn’t find any for sale. There aren’t even any decent pictures that I can find on the internet. Any chance you could post a better close-up of yours?

I'll post better photos later.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow, a lot of interesting games in that collection--thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed seeing them.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Very interesting and fun. Hope there is a follow up topic post about the visit to Wayne's Bday party.

I'm pretty sure Nick or Jay will have some sort of write-up on the event.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your amazing collection !
    LTG : )

Glad you enjoyed seeing the games.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

OMG that Golden Gate slot machine, now I want one of those!! I’m a big fan of Dave Christiansen. Too bad it looks like it’s about impossible to get, I didn’t find any for sale. There aren’t even any decent pictures that I can find on the internet. Any chance you could post a better close-up of yours?

Here are some better photos of the slot. I also included photos of my Miss America Deluxe bingo that also has Mad Dog art.

IMG_5548 (resized).JPGIMG_5548 (resized).JPGIMG_5555 (resized).JPGIMG_5555 (resized).JPGIMG_5556 (resized).JPGIMG_5556 (resized).JPGIMG_5557 (resized).JPGIMG_5557 (resized).JPGIMG_5559 (resized).JPGIMG_5559 (resized).JPGIMG_5562 (resized).JPGIMG_5562 (resized).JPGIMG_5563 (resized).JPGIMG_5563 (resized).JPGIMG_5564 (resized).JPGIMG_5564 (resized).JPGIMG_5568 (resized).JPGIMG_5568 (resized).JPGIMG_5571 (resized).JPGIMG_5571 (resized).JPGIMG_5572 (resized).JPGIMG_5572 (resized).JPGIMG_5573 (resized).JPGIMG_5573 (resized).JPG
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Thanks for all those pics!!! As always, Dave C produces the nicest artwork ever.

Agreed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visitors-from-afar?tu=dennisdodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.