Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by jespo_19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Was interested what you guys have found out after having people over for pinball parties or open house.

For me, people who come over (novices or casual players) seems to gravitate towards Creature from the Black Lagoon. Not my fav game in my lineup, but I dunno, people just seem to be attracted to it. Maybe cause its a 2 flipper game, maybe the pleasing art, maybe familiriaty with the theme....who knows. Just something of interest.

Curious what game (EM, SS, DMD-SS) people tend to want to play in your collections out there.

#2 13 years ago

Most of mine tend towards the simpler machines like Phoenix, Torch, and Medusa. The boys like the Street Fighter II. I also get a lot of use out of the Dracula slot machine from the adults.

The TZ, CV, HH, etc are upstairs in a fourth bedroom. I still can't get the other soccer mom's to join me there .. dang it !!!!

#3 13 years ago

Ever since we got the Genie working, that's been the big one. The Sinbad and Cleopatra frustrate casual players because they're both ball-eaters

#4 13 years ago

At my house its Fish Tales. That one just sucks people in. Guess that's why they did so good on route.

#5 13 years ago

LOTR. Not sure if its the theme, the bling or the play but they all make a beeline straight for it and only go to the others if that one is occupied.

#6 13 years ago

people like my junkyard b/c its an easier game, or NGG for the humor.

#7 13 years ago

"LOTR. Not sure if its the theme, the bling or the play but they all make a beeline straight for it ..."

I'm guessing it's the theme. It's so popular and modern that people can easily identify with it.

#8 13 years ago

First , we begin with a classic SS , then switch to a DOT , then to an old EM to find this atmospher and special noise "clic-clic-clic..clic"

Recent machines are most appreciated, but i have only two ..

#9 13 years ago

It seems like my Family Guy gets alott of attention by our friends and family-it is a bit easier than some of my other machines.

#10 13 years ago

South Park and then TAXI, I know South Park is not the greatest but I like the show. When anyone comes over they always want to play it. Probably because it is so easy for novice players, and multiball is easy to achieve. Plus its 5 ball multiball.

Taxi just because of the nostalgia, alot of my friends/family remember playing or seeing that one when it first came out.

The least played is my JM, because they find it too fast or hard. And I think they are turned off by the theme alone, even though it's a great game. It's actually my favourite besides TAXI.

#11 13 years ago

LOTR first and than they go to HSII and stay there. Just easier to "get" I suppose.

#12 13 years ago

I recently went to a friends housewarming party. He had a Star Trek TNG and Getaway. Getaway almost always had a kid (10-12 year olds) playing it. Star Trek mostly got the kids that were waiting to play Getaway.

#13 13 years ago

"I recently went to a friends housewarming party. He had a Star Trek TNG and Getaway. Getaway almost always had a kid (10-12 year olds) playing it. Star Trek mostly got the kids that were waiting to play Getaway. "

Yeah, thats what makes it a keeper around here. I cant honestly say that I dont get a kick out of playing it though. Fun and simple. Seeing the ball go around and around does have a certain satisfaction...... Super Mario makes a very close second to The Getaway.

#14 13 years ago

"Star Trek mostly got the kids that were waiting to play Getaway ..."

STTNG is definitely a players pin. The shots are long and tough, and I can easily see why the casual player might overlook it. Plus, it's not really a theme that kids can relate to today.

#15 13 years ago

lord of the rings and family guy are the only two machines i have, but people tend to stay on the family guy more, i think due to longer ball times and maybe a bit easier to get rewards with the fart multiball and beer can modes and stewie pinball. lord of the rings requires a bit more knowledge of "what do i need to hit?"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visitors-fav-game-in-your-gameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.