(Topic ID: 88079)

Visiting Toronto - where are the best spots to play?

By dmj1977

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mocha-dad-friday-night-party-on-twitter.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I'm visiting Toronto for work next week - I'm staying in the harbour square (at the Westin). I'm looking to find some good spots to play some pinball (ideally with a few cold beers) but when looking on the pinsider pin map, I can only see spots with 1 or 2 machines. Are there any with more (other than 3030 which looks to have older machines)?

if the pin map is up to date, does anyone have recommendations for particular spots? I'm happy to catch a cab if there is good pinball to be had at the end of the journey

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Unfortunately the best you'll find near your hotel are bars with 1 or 2 pins. There's a barcade at dundas and ossington called "Get Well" but it has mostly vids. Honestly the downtown doesn't have too much to offer. You could always cab up to the playdium store but that would probably run you about $40 one way.

#3 10 years ago

Playdium in Mississauga. By the square 1 mall. Just south of aToronto.
    Probably 20 min or less away.
    Lots of pins there. They have a store too by the airport. 70 ronson drive.

#6 10 years ago

yes church of the siver ball is closed down , when are you visiting ? dates you are hear ? might be able to get you an invite to the topl Toronto pinball league . we play on Monday nights around 7pm and at someone's home usually there are 25- 30 people , with homes that have 10 plus machines , please pm me with some dates and I will get you and a guest an invite

#7 10 years ago

I would invite you over to my place to play but I will be in Jamaica till the 27th.

#8 10 years ago

that's ok leave the key under the door mat , and i'll be over . party at cobra's lol

#9 10 years ago

i was in toronto for work and it was one of the worst location pinball towns i have ever been to.
    i believe they have some law that you can only have 2 machines in a location.

although it's probably not as bad as atlanta.

m.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

that's ok leave the key under the door mat , and i'll be over . party at cobra's lol

Somebody say party at Cobra's?
    mocha-dad-friday-night-party-on-twitter.jpgmocha-dad-friday-night-party-on-twitter.jpg

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

i was in toronto for work and it was one of the worst location pinball towns i have ever been to.
    i believe they have some law that you can only have 2 machines in a location.
    although it's probably not as bad as atlanta.
    m.

Most of the games in Toronto area are in private collections . I have been to many that are an hours drive from downtown , with some with as many as 60 games playable at people's houses . Just the way it is around here

#12 10 years ago

You are always welcome to stop by my place to play as long as you bring some hookers and blow

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

please pm me with some dates and I will get you and a guest an invite

thanks! will do

Quoted from mwong168:

You are always welcome to stop by my place to play as long as you bring some hookers and blow

hahaha - seems completely reasonable

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from dmj1977:

hahaha - seems completely reasonable

He's not joking.

Toronto still has old laws on the books preventing "arcades" from popping up, so you are limited to 2 machines per business. But there are a lot of basements filled with machines and the biggest seller of Stern machines (Playdium) is based here.

#15 10 years ago

Yeah, Toronto sucks for retail arcades ! but lots of great people willing to share their wealth!! i Only have F14 and Space Shuttle which in the in resto stage so not playable !

#18 10 years ago

If you find any be sure to add them. I thought there were a few at one time but they may have been removed

Ken

#19 10 years ago

dmj1977, shoot me a PM and welcome to come by anytime to play after 9pm during the week.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

They have a store too by the airport. 70 ronson drive.

Mentioned lightly, but the retail store has a bunch of new sterns set up, all on free play, other than anyone's home, easily the best spot all in all for pure play (no beer).

1 week later
    #21 9 years ago

Tonight I left my house to drive to the closest subway station in Toronto 45 minutes away to meet up with someone I never knew but had met on Pinside . I came with this idea of inviting a stranger from another country on the other side of the world to my house. All because he had a common interest in Pinball and had asked about places to play pinball in the Toronto area. So I invited him to my house . Turns out this night was the same night as our league night in the Toronto Pinball League . I offered to get him an invite to our league night which he accepts. Turns out we our running a bit late and the whole league waits till we get there to start so we can compete in the nights competition .Thank you . All the guys were great and welcomed this guest with open arms and great stories about pinball and good competition . The guest got see Toronto pinball at it's finest .After league night he came over to my place and played my collection . Thank you . I would also like to say thank you to Frolic for driving my guest home and most likely showing off his collection to my guest as well . I took a chance on this and thought why not . Some times you have to put an idea out there and go for it . I never thought I would meet someone from the other side of the planet with the same interest as Pinball . So thank you to dmj1977 for allowing me the honour of being your host for pinball in Toronto

#22 9 years ago

Daniel, hope you enjoyed your time with the Toronto Pinball League .

#23 9 years ago

Sorry to hear location pinball is a bit sucky. I'll be in TO for work next month too and was wondering what the scene was like.

#24 9 years ago

guys, what can I say? you made my trip to Canada completely awesome!

I can't thank you enough Luch - you have done the TOPL proud! It was a great night, I played some great games, I met a bunch of great people and I now have massive, MASSIVE pinball collection envy
    just saying thanks doesn't seem to do it justice so I'll have to think about what I can bring you from Australia that is pinball related next time I am in town

thanks to Frolic for the ride home, to the host of the league night and to everyone for being so welcoming!!

#25 9 years ago

your welcome

3 months later
    #26 9 years ago

Looking to play some older pins in the Toronto area .I am sick of going to bars and Bowlarama to play ,I also would like to meet people who love pinball as much as i do in the GTA .
    If anyone knows where a meet up or party is please let me know thx

#27 9 years ago

I consider myself lucky that I had a chance to play at the Pinball Cafe before they closed. I was staying downtown for a union convention and it was just a streetcar ride away as I was on the same street.
    It's unfortunate that they never did their homework on city ordinances, rules for having a food serving establishment, etc.
    Tough when you need a lawyer to check all the by-laws and ordinances before you can operate a business.

#28 9 years ago

Check out PBRev. Most of the local guys chat there. They also have Toronto league nights posted.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com

A lot of us have the username on pinside that we use on pinball Revolution

#29 9 years ago

Im in Aurora Ontario just north of Toronto and I would love to have someone come over and play my F14 Tomcat and my restored space shuttle is in the near future but i know its not much fun coming over to play just one or two machines but any pinsider is always welcome.

#30 9 years ago

I'm flying out tomorrow. It looks like the 3030 is a pretty cool place to visit:

http://www.3030dundaswest.com/

Also looks like Playdium is still an awful place to play pins, judging from the PinMap comments.

#31 9 years ago

Just following up on my post above. We really enjoyed the lineup at the 3030: Sure Shot, Abra Ca Dabra, KISS, Space Shuttle and Jungle Lord. The games all played really well, just no sound. . The food and beer were great too.

#32 9 years ago

What a great week to visit Toronto! We dropped in on the Bumper City Pinball Exposition tonight on Dundas Street. "Strange World" was great; I've seen one before but never had the chance to play it. The other 2 pins were Fire and TZ. Quite a young crowd, but I did bump into another collector my age and we chatted about our EMs for a while. Fun night.

2 years later
    #33 6 years ago

They have the new star wars at cabin fever along with many other great tittles.. Don't know how they got it.. they don't even have one at the playdium store!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visiting-toronto-where-are-the-best-spots-to-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.