Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180425_153217 (resized).jpg
    20180425_153219 (resized).jpg
    20180425_153739 (resized).jpg
    20180429_204010 (resized).jpg
    20180429_204258 (resized).jpg
    20180429_204109 (resized).jpg
    20180429_204249 (resized).jpg
    20180429_185222 (resized).jpg
    20180429_184932 (resized).jpg
    20180429_184904 (resized).jpg
    20180429_184858 (resized).jpg
    20180429_185150 (resized).jpg
    20180429_185131 (resized).jpg
    20180429_173331 (resized).jpg
    20180429_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180429_182901 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

+1 on that. I'd also recommend the Waikiki Aquarium. It's *tiny*, but very novel to me at least, as it's situated right on the beach. It was just crazy to me as a kid to go from playing around on the beach to walking into this aquarium and seeing all the things from UNDER the water. I've also been snorkeling at Waikiki, it was fun. If you for whatever reason decide to go out to Waimeia Bay, just be aware there's a nasty current there, and I got sucked under as a kid. It's probably not as bad as I remember, but I was like 7 or 8. Thankfully, also a strong swimmer at the time...instinct kicked in and I got myself out of it. I want to say it's probably not a huge deal for adult sized humans, but trivializing those things is kind of stupid and dangerous. Oh, and sea urchins...don't step on those.

Quoted from rotordave:

The Saltgrass chain has a number of restaurants, they have really good meat and a good variety for non meat eaters.

And also the absolute worst customer service known to mankind. Ugh. I want to say it's just the location two blocks from my house, but experience has shown that it's likely a chainwide management issue.

Cidercade is great, they just reopened after being closed for a few weeks to fix some kind of safety code violations (Local royal authorities basically raided several of our local craft beverage venues and shut them all down for the same thing...hm....), but they just got Houdini in, so if you haven't had a chance to play it yet.. it's there, and it's a flat fee to get in, and the ciders are very good, IMO. I work about 3 miles north of it.

Even though I'm a Dallas native, I'm not very familiar with Ft. Worth side.

FYI, if you're not aware and you want to do some sightseeing in downtown Dallas, we have a light rail system run by DART that makes it pretty damn convenient unless you're adverse to walking a bit. You can easily get to things like the JFK Museum/Grassy Knoll, many performance venues, Klyde Warren Park (Which is pretty new, and frankly, amazing that a park that size got built in downtown at all...), and museums. Dallas Museum of Art is FREE for general admission! https://dma.org/visit/tickets

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

We are considering going on a Hi5 tour.... https://www.hi5hawaii.com/ seems to get very good reviews. Sounds like it might be a bit like the Dylan's Tours in San Francisco.

We are considering getting a hire car to get around Texas. In general what is the traffic and parking like in the areas you mentioned above?

Parking downtown is either metered during the week, or you pay a big wad to park on a lot. If you park at a Dart Park-and-Ride (free) in like say Richardson or Dallas...now that I think about it..if you're having to pay for 4 day passes on DART Rail, it might just be the same price or cheaper to park downtown. I recommend using one of the parking apps on a smartphone. Many will let you reserve a parking space for specific times and that way you know the cost up front.

Cidercade - very small parking lot, usually only an issue on Fri/Saturday nights. Plenty of parking along the adjacent road.
    Nickelrama- Huge parking lot, no issues.
    Klyde Warren Park - Metered parking around most of the edge of the park in downtown

Traffic in GENERAL in Dallas is terrible. 7-9:30am and 4p-7pm anywhere on 635 or 75, along with all parts of downtown, and 35E corridor south of Dallas is just awful. I spend at least a half hour driving 16 miles home from my job leaving work a few miles north of downtown at 4pm.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visiting-new-york-dallasfort-worth-honolulu-recommendations?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.