(Topic ID: 47947)

Visited the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park today. A must see!!!!

By fflint_18

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by fflint_18
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

If any pinball fan lives in or is traveling thru either Eastern PA, New Jersey, or eastern New York you must go to the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park.

My friend and I spent 4 hours there today playing some of the best machines ever made.

More than 100 machines (at least 75 of them were classic EMs) were set up for free play. And I tried every one of them.

They were all in great condition and give you an idea of what the next game you'd like to buy is.

There was even some great SS machines there for the folks who don't like EMs.

We spent a lot of time talking with the folks working there and they were very knowledgeable and were even willing to talk to us about issues and show us some of their favorites.

I plan to go back very soon.

#2 11 years ago

I was there, too!

From about 1 to 4.

Had a blast, put up high score #3 on RFM.

#3 11 years ago

Sounds like a nice place to go with the National Pinball Museum having closed in Baltimore.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

I was there, too!
    From about 1 to 4.
    Had a blast, put up high score #3 on RFM.

Wish I knew you were there. Would've been nice to meet a fellow pinballer. I liked Revenge from Mars too. I especially liked Jumping Jack and C37 which I guess is no surprise.

I was surprised how much I liked Captain Card. And I think that is a machine I might be able to find and afford.

I played Space Mission (which I just bought and is still in pieces) and found that I really like the game. Put up 181,000 on my first try at it. Couldn't duplicate it again, but it got me hooked.

#5 11 years ago

I am headed there today - Sunday.

I spend almost all of my time there with the older EM games - I love them. The modern games are so much easier to find that I play those sparingly when I go.

The place is like eating a very rich ice cream sundae - there is too much to choose from. LOL

#6 11 years ago

Have fun.

The wife would strangle me if I went back again today.

Takes about 75 min from my place.

My list of favorites went on and on. It's really hard to say what machine I liked best. So I'll have to go back and try it again.

Will head up on a sunny warm day and she can go to the beach while I go play.

#7 11 years ago

That place is per hour/half day right? Seems like you need to play for several hours to be a good value?

#8 11 years ago

it's $20 for the day, very reasonable for what you can do there. AFM, mm, IJ, Tom, TZ, TS and many more top names, all included. You can very easily spend several hours and not even realize it.

#9 11 years ago

Great place, I wished I lived closer to it. I was there about a month ago for work for a one night stay. I played from 5 to 9 pm during the week nite for only $10! I'm currently looking to do more work up there. LOL

#10 11 years ago

The pins are in great shape. They've been making a lot of progress getting ready for the summer season.

Most notably was the condition of the Stern Ali. Last time I was there it looked and layed like dog doo. Yesterday it looked fantastic and played great!

It was loud as hell, but had a great time.

#11 11 years ago

Went a couple months ago and the EM are in good shape. Many rare add a ball titles. They serve hot dogs pretzels and soda...right on the beach. Paid $20 for a days worth of play. I though it was a great deal. Some of the rare games I recall were a Charlies Angles EM, Close Encounters EM, Blue Note, Eye of the Tiger, Neptune (next to Hit The Deck)...quite a few more too. Wish I lived a bit closer..

#12 11 years ago

Made a list of the machines I really liked. Some more then others.

Not in any particular order.

Jumping Jack
    Neptune
    Hit the Deck
    Centigrade 37
    Flipper Pool
    Pro Pool
    Lucky Hand
    Diamond Jack
    Big Brave
    Close Encounters
    Captain Card
    Surf Champ
    Joker Poker
    Atlantis
    Solar City
    Hokusai Pokus

And I can't forget 2 of my machines

Flip A Card
    Space Mission

And a Nathan's hotdog with Chil and kraut was $2.50

Why leave?

3 months later
    #13 10 years ago

I was able to make a side trip while visiting relatives. Sadly, I only got to play for about an hour, but really enjoyed playing a variety of games, including WOZ. It was just inside the turnstile, and nobody was on it -- even when I left it was available.

#14 10 years ago

That's because I think allot of their traffic in the summer are kids and parents isiting the beach.

I have been their twice.

Once over a weekend in the early spring when you had birthday parties and pinball types there. The SS pinball types were crowded around teh Theatre of Magic and other good SS games and the EM pinball types were hitting Cent 37 and other classics. The party kids were running around playing just about everythin, but only once.

I then hit it on a weekday in the summer when the weather was so so and you onlt had the vacationers there. No oure pinballers. The parents are looking at the old machines and telling their kids all the stories about playing them in the past. They had no idea about the newer SS games. So TOM was free most of the time. I got to play it a bunch.

Since I am really an EM guy I had my pick of so many nice EM titles I was a kid in a candy store both times and it was great.

Trying to get my out of town buddy down for another trip this fall.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visited-the-silverball-museum-in-asbury-park-today-a-must-see and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.