Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Alaskanzen
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

370AFBA3-2BAF-4D68-8F74-942BD5E22C49 (resized).jpeg
    3FE5DCD4-BB30-4A66-9AC6-608D340763C2 (resized).jpeg
    20221015_171334 (resized).jpg
    20221015_171648 (resized).jpg
    20221015_171759 (resized).jpg
    20221015_172205 (resized).jpg
    20221015_171717 (resized).jpg
    20221015_173323 (resized).jpg
    20221015_173706 (resized).jpg
    20221015_174108 (resized).jpg
    20221015_174125 (resized).jpg
    20221015_173808 (resized).jpg
    20221015_173251 (resized).jpg
    20221015_174437 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Those pictures only tell small part of the story. They have over 400 games on site and 10% aren’t working. Over 350 working games there. A few of the above pictures also appear to be from the storage non working game area in the back corner.

Well, working is an relative term, or at least it was last time I was there.

If by working you mean the ball is kicked out and the flippers work, then yeah. Otherwise...

Way too many games in really pitiful shape. And the bad part is too many people think this is how EMs play.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

I was given a “first and final warning” because I lightly nudged a cab because of a ball that was stuck between a sling and a pop, which I would presume long term would have caused an issue. I tried to explain to the tech what I did, to which they said “talk to the hand” while showing me their palm.
    After that incident I haven’t put another quarter in any of their pins and will never again and I go to Vegas 2-5 times a year

I'm sorry, but I can't help laughing every time I read this post. I can just see Joe Pesci doing that in Lethal Weapon.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

OK - Here is my issue with all of this. I'll try to keep it as short as possible and break in down into 5 main points.
    First off Tim is by far the most successful arcade operator in the world so why would he change the way he does things?
    Second - yes Tim did start a go-fund-me to raise a little extra money because of unforeseen issues Covid caused. But that $200,000 from the go-fund-me amounted to less than 1/2 of what the sign alone cost so it isn't like everyone "stepped up" and funded 1/2 the cost of the new building or anything like that.
    Third - Tim devotes nearly 100 hours a week (for free & not even taking lunch money out of the PHoF budget) according to what the volunteers told me when I was talking to them on one of my visits. Any rational person would have retired at his age instead of taking on something like that new building but Tim loves to work and to give back to society so that is what he does.
    Fourth - If you don't like what is going on at PHoF why not volunteer and help Tim get machines fixed instead of bitching about the place.
    And lastly is the "definition of insanity" -- definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Basically everyone knows Tim isn't going to change so why keep beating a dead horse.
    Now for why I always jump in and defend Tim. It isn't because I know him well in fact the two times I talked to him in person he was as abrasive as everyone says he is & maybe even a little worse. But he is human and I know I wouldn't like to keep reading negatives about what I was doing if I was working my ass off FOR FREE and I was doing all I could to keep improving things.
    Again it is really pretty simple - either just accept PHoF for what it is / volunteer to help make it better / or just don't go at all. But bottom line is expecting things to change as long as Tim is running the place is a perfect example of insanity.
    Have fun debating how things should be / what Tim should be doing / etc. Bottom line is it is what it is and it isn't going to change just because a few Pinsiders think it should.

I've been three times. Not to the new place, but to the old. Each time I went, the game conditions were worse and worse. Not just broken machines. That would actually have been preferable to games that were barely wheezing and basically not playable.

If he couldn't keep the games working decently with fewer of them out on the floor, how is it even possible to keep them going when you've added more issues to the pile?

As for volunteering to help, well, I live way too far away to do that. But even if I didn't, people who have tried this have found that you basically can't dive in and fix games. You have to do it his way, no questions asked, and if you don't, hit the bricks, pal. That's not going to encourage people to want to help, because that would be for free too. There's a lot of roads that lead to the same place, and while I would never even come close to claiming I have 10 percent of his knowledge, I can fix games, but I'm not going to do it for someone who is going to be looking over my shoulder and telling me what to do all the time.

I've met him and tried to talk to him a couple of times. Tried being the operative word. I know the guy is busy, but to put it bluntly, he's an ass. There's a nice way of telling people you don't have time to talk, and then there's his way. Really, his persona and treatment of people who come in to play the games is a bigger let down that the condition of the games.

People think Steve Young is abrasive. I've never found that to be the case, just doesn't have time to waste on people who have no clue, but Tim is what Steve's reputation is, on steroids. And it is fact.

Life's too short to deal with that and with a bunch of broken and broken down games too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visited-the-phof-this-weekend?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.