(Topic ID: 107342)

Visited headquarters in Chicago

By Kkuoppamaki

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I was on a short business trip in Chicago and had the pleasure of visiting headquarters (http://hqbeercade.com/), albeit shortly. Also, it was a Tuesday night so it was only partially open and you couldn't play all the machines

All the games, except MM, WOZ and CV seemed to be on free play and in excellent shape. I played MM a few times, 1$ per game was not cheap but it was worth it.

They had a nice selection of beers, although I was expecting even wider selection. Can't complain though.

Beercade is a fantastic idea, especially when there are many many games to play and in great working condition too. I definitely will visit the place again, next time with ample time and without a schedule.

If you have a chance to visit this place, I highly recommend it.

#2 9 years ago

I haven't been there yet, on my Chicago trips we always end up at Emporium. Which is a cool spot, but they've managed to make their pins so dark it's really difficult to play them. You just can't see the ball clearly a good percentage of the time.

#3 9 years ago

when your in chicago stop by logan arcade sometime, we have some dmds as well as classics too.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from drmrpants:

when your in chicago stop by logan arcade sometime, we have some dmds as well as classics too.

That's actually at the top of my list for my next opportunity!

#5 9 years ago

nice! stop over sometime and play some games!

#6 9 years ago

Chicago seems like a city full of good locations, I'll check out Logan arcade next time too. Thanks for the tip

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't been there yet, on my Chicago trips we always end up at Emporium. Which is a cool spot, but they've managed to make their pins so dark it's really difficult to play them. You just can't see the ball clearly a good percentage of the time.

Different colored leds in the GI is fun for home but sucks for location games.

#8 9 years ago

We're the new kid on the block, if you're ever far south/southwest of the city:
    http://www.jolietpinball.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/JolietPinball

Our lineup of 25+ pins is pretty diverse.

For now we're just open on Fridays/Saturdays, and no alcohol...but we're working on changing that!

-Mark

#9 9 years ago

We went there Monday night after expo. The two games on free play in the upper bar area were Mustang and Avengers. The two free play machines and video games were getting more plays since they were free. It was not too crowded and the folks I talked to were not really familiar with pinball, not pinheads. The five games played 100%.

We did get a tour of the lower level that must of had 30+ pinball machines. If I remember correctly that are all on free play. Very cool selection of games too.

It's an interesting concept, no food either. We watched Monday night football and the other TVs had WWE all night.

#10 9 years ago

Glad you enjoyed your trip over to the lake view location. If I would have known you were stopping by I could have let you in the lower level to check it out. Next time check out the river north location, they have amazing food.

I haven't gotten a chance to head over to Logan yet, however everyone has great things to say. It's on my list of places to check out as well.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

We went there Monday night after expo. The two games on free play in the upper bar area were Mustang and Avengers. The two free play machines and video games were getting more plays since they were free. It was not too crowded and the folks I talked to were not really familiar with pinball, not pinheads. The five games played 100%.
    We did get a tour of the lower level that must of had 30+ pinball machines. If I remember correctly that are all on free play. Very cool selection of games too.
    It's an interesting concept, no food either. We watched Monday Night Football and the other TVs had WWE all night.

Happy to hear those games were playing 100%, its an extremely difficult task to keep them up and running as they should. It's been a long road to getting people trained better to have them clean and operational. With the vast majority being free to play they rack up games played like the expo games do on a regular basis. As I just mentioned check out the river north spot as the food there is killer.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Happy to hear those games were playing 100%, its an extremely difficult task to keep them up and running as they should. It's been a long road to getting people trained better to have them clean and operational. With the vast majority being free to play they rack up games played like the expo games do on a regular basis. As I just mentioned check out the river north spot as the food there is killer.

I wish I had known you were involved, I would of called. We were extremely impressed. The staff was extremely friendly. We are seriously thinking about doing something down here in Albuquerque, we have nothing of the sorts here.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Chicago seems like a city full of good locations ...

Yep. Chicago used to be one of the worst cities for location pinball, but that has changed tremendously in the last couple years. I just wish someone would open a cool place out in the northern 'burbs.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I wish I had known you were involved, I would of called. We were extremely impressed. The staff was extremely friendly. We are seriously thinking about doing something down here in Albuquerque, we have nothing of the sorts here.

Anytime your in town just pm me. I know we are looking to expand but sadly nm isn't on the radar for right now. One of the biggest challenges is having people available to work on games.

#15 9 years ago

Logan's is on the top of my list the next time I'm in town. Heard great things from fellow pinheads!
    They'll them Pinaholic sent you
    Allen

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. Chicago used to be one of the worst cities for location pinball, but that has changed tremendously in the last couple years. I just wish someone would open a cool place out in the northern 'burbs.

We need to push gameworks to do much better. It works in Chicago

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

We need to push gameworks to do much better. It works in Chicago

It's sad but they don't care at all about pins. They are the least important thing to them for two reasons:
    Low revenue
    High maintenance.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visited-headquarters-in-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.