IMG_0290 (resized).JPG
IMG_0291 (resized).JPG
20160821_135158_(resized).jpg
20160821_153043_001_(resized).jpg
IMG_0159_(resized).JPG
WP_20160221_003_(resized).jpg
WP_20160221_001_(resized).jpg
WP_20150517_003.jpg
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

A neat one for a Bally machine

20160821_135158_(resized).jpg20160821_135158_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#52 7 years ago

Had to work Saturday but stopped in here yesterday and again today. Place was packed with little kids all the way up to a couple that must've been in their early 70's - and those two were nudging like old pros, wish I could've gotten a video of them playing without looking like a total creeper. I hope my wife and I are still flipping together at that age.

1 month later
#53 7 years ago

My wife and I were there earlier this month. We really enjoy playing EMs, and there is a great selection here, including some shooters and a Whirlybird.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from dhutton:

My wife and I were there earlier this month. We really enjoy playing EMs, and there is a great selection here, including some shooters and a Whirlybird.

I love that Whirlybird game, it's the epitome of a classic arcade machine - too noisy to have in the house, pulls quarters out of pockets every time somebody plays it... frustratingly difficult but simple enough a child could play.

IMG_0291 (resized).JPGIMG_0291 (resized).JPG

IMG_0290 (resized).JPGIMG_0290 (resized).JPG

#55 7 years ago

emkay, you need to let me know when you're heading down there!

#56 7 years ago

Will do! It's a rare weekend that Tuna or I aren't there for at least an hour or two, probably Sunday this week... I'll shoot you a text when I know.

#57 7 years ago

I've been here about a dozen times and always play Whirly Bird. It remember playing it in the mid '70's at an arcade in Darien Lake, NY. I'm so glad that he's kept that one in the arcade so long. I wish he would get a Chicago Coin Speedway.. I've had the chance to buy one, but they are just too large.

The owner of this place is a great guy and will talk shop if he isn't too busy.

#58 7 years ago

I'll be camping at French Creek State Park in 2 weeks and wiil stop there on my way home

#59 7 years ago

That's why I like camping at French Creek...I get to escape for a few hours..

#60 7 years ago

Yeah - I play the Whirlybird every time we go. I remember playing that as a kid and never having any luck hitting the lamps.
My wife and I absolutely love playing the Ringer game. We drop a couple bucks into that each visit.

#61 7 years ago

Somehow that Ringer game just didn't catch my eye for quite some time but my wife started playing it recently and now we're both hooked.

Any time y'all are headed out there, feel free to PM me and I'll walk over and say 'hi' unless it's a weekend I work.

#62 7 years ago

been there a few times. cool place. plus if its summer you can walk around and check out the other stores and enjoy the scenery. being right above the water is a cool view

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Somehow that Ringer game just didn't catch my eye for quite some time but my wife started playing it recently and now we're both hooked.
Any time y'all are headed out there, feel free to PM me and I'll walk over and say 'hi' unless it's a weekend I work.

Sounds great. I'll let you know the next time we visit.

2 weeks later
#64 7 years ago

Well, like I mentioned earlier, that I was stopping in after a weekend of camping at French Creek. I did just that. I was there for 2hrs but could has spent all afternoon there. What a blast. I played almost all the EMs multiple times, I even left a few games racked up as a "pay it forward" to some of the kids that were coming in. The whirlybird was fun, I actually never played that before. I have read about Ringer and for me, after the third time playing, I was hooked. I will definitely be back. And if anyone is in the area I would recommend stopping in for a bit.

2 months later
#65 7 years ago

Latest addition:

IMG_0870 (resized).JPGIMG_0870 (resized).JPG

I finally got this place added to Pinballmap.com too, current machine list is up-to-date.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Latest addition:

I finally got this place added to Pinballmap.com too, current machine list is up-to-date.

Link ? I tried looking without success. Is this near Allentown ?

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Link ? I tried looking without success. Is this near Allentown ?

http://pinballmap.com/philadelphia <--- should get you to the site, navigation is.. well, funky. This is somewhere between the boundaries of Philly and Central PA. I'm still working on getting it listed on the other region.
edit: Also, apologies as I see all the gun games and other stuff disappeared since I added them. F***. I hate pinballmap.com.

Added over 7 years ago: addendum: Gotta eat my words, boys. Ryan @ pinballmap.com reached out to me and he's getting things updated. Local admins have been asleep at the wheel but he very courteously addressed my concerns. The non-pin EMs are still gone for now but may be up for discussion. In the meantime, I'll make another list of them and post it here next time I'm bored.

2 weeks later
#68 7 years ago

Another addition.

IMG_0919 (resized).JPGIMG_0919 (resized).JPG

#69 7 years ago

I need to get out there ASAP

#70 7 years ago

My wife and I played one of those a few years ago at Allentown and were hooked. Can't wait to try that one out.

1 week later
#71 7 years ago

Anybody have a list of all the pins featured here?? Bumpittty

-Nate

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Anybody have a list of all the pins featured here?

Yeah man, go on pinballmap.com under the Philadelphia region, select Location and then Village Arcade and hit the Search button. It's current as of last week.

#73 7 years ago

Emkay, thanks, will check it out. I plan to hit the two arcades near York then head up that way sometime soon.............

#74 7 years ago

Cool, just remember their hours are only Sat & Sun, noon to 5pm.

Might be tough to squeeze everything in but there's also Pincrossing (~16 machines, mostly A list) and Pinball Gallery (60+ machines, hourly rates) within a half hour's drive of here if you wanna fully crack out on your pin-crawl.

1 year later
#75 5 years ago

I need to update Pinballmaps and so forth but wanted to let y’all know there are two “new” additions here:

998D3C9A-2C83-4585-89AC-731E3B35C1C2 (resized).jpeg998D3C9A-2C83-4585-89AC-731E3B35C1C2 (resized).jpegD08BC0E9-0E51-436C-8C07-FB4C19DC203A (resized).jpegD08BC0E9-0E51-436C-8C07-FB4C19DC203A (resized).jpeg
#76 5 years ago

Did he sell anything off or just squeeze them in?

#77 5 years ago

Will have to make it over to check things out; always a nice day trip. There are hiking trails all along the creek and it's a nice time of year for that.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from dhutton:

Did he sell anything off or just squeeze them in?

He sold off Pro Football and Big Hit, has a Hi-Deal up for sale too. It'll be at York if not gone sooner. I didn't think he'd sell Big Hit or I'd have been first in line for it - it had such a nice playfield.

Quoted from ckcsm:

Will have to make it over to check things out; always a nice day trip. There are hiking trails all along the creek and it's a nice time of year for that.

If you happen to be here on October 27, it's the fall festival and there will be live music, food trucks, crafts, etc. (Nov 3 rain date)

The trails are still a bit muddy from this endless rain but they're beginning to dry out.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

If you happen to be here on October 27, it's the fall festival and there will be live music, food trucks, crafts, etc. (Nov 3 rain date)

The trails are still a bit muddy from this endless rain but they're beginning to dry out

Thanks for the heads up; I'm going to try to make it!

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

The trails are still a bit muddy from this endless rain but they're beginning to dry out.

Are these bike trails or walking only???

-Nate

#81 5 years ago

I've seen both, walkers and mtn bikers

#82 5 years ago

Are these bike trails or walking only???

Quoted from smohr:

I've seen both, walkers and mtn bikers

Smohr is correct, some trails are open to bikes and horses while others are for walking only. Very dog friendly too, as long as you pick up after them. The trails are blazed but I forget the color code - maps should be available.

#83 5 years ago

emkay, is there a name for the trails system? I'd like to look-up on internet...............

#84 5 years ago

I'm not sure if they connect up to French Creek State Park, but there's a lot of trails for that and it's on the interwebz. I did find this:
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/pennsylvania/st-peters-village-the-rocks-trail

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I'm not sure if they connect up to French Creek State Park, but there's a lot of trails for that and it's on the interwebz. I did find this:
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/pennsylvania/st-peters-village-the-rocks-trail

Thanks! I'll check it out.

#86 5 years ago

emkay, is there a name for the trails system? I'd like to look-up on internet...............

There are a couple different trail systems in the area, the Horseshoe Trail goes right through and the Crow's Nest preserve has a bunch too.

https://natlands.org/crows-nest-preserve/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse-Shoe_Trail

Quoted from dmacy:

^^^ This is great, they have a phone app too.

#87 5 years ago

Thanks for the info - found some interesting trail information - will make a weekend visit out of it!!

#88 5 years ago

Are there any shops/stores near this Arcade? Maybe my wife and I, can take a ride some weekend. She can check out the shops,while I play some pinball.

#89 5 years ago

There is a large resturant/bar with cool deck, an ice cream stand, a bakery, a few art dealers and some great trails. I found this web page that has some photos of he park/trails behind the arcade....VERY unusual terrain.

http://sepahiking.blogspot.com/2014/10/st-peters-village-my-two-day-adventure.html

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

There is a large resturant/bar with cool deck, an ice cream stand, a bakery, a few art dealers and some great trails. I found this web page that has some photos of he park/trails behind the arcade....VERY unusual terrain.
http://sepahiking.blogspot.com/2014/10/st-peters-village-my-two-day-adventure.html

Thanks.

#91 5 years ago

Thanks for the info - found some interesting trail information - will make a weekend visit out of it!!

French Creek has some typical PA gnar all over it. Reading is right around the corner and is an official IMBA ride center now... They have everything from downhill to rail trail.

#92 5 years ago

bonzo71 thanks for the link - very interesting!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Are there any shops/stores near this Arcade? Maybe my wife and I, can take a ride some weekend. She can check out the shops,while I play some pinball.

In the village you've got the bakery, a couple antique shops, a new-age (crystals, incense, etc) shop, the ice cream stand (not sure if they're open year around or not) and a few other boutique stores, I think one just opened selling olive oil or something. There's a yoga studio and a glass blowing studio but I think both are by appointment only.

Quoted from bonzo71:

Unfortunately the Inn (bar/restaurant/bed & breakfast) closed at the end of last year's season. No word yet on what they plan to do but I believe they sold their liquor license.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Unfortunately the Inn (bar/restaurant/bed &amp; breakfast) closed at the end of last year's season. No word yet on what they plan to do but I believe they sold their liquor license.

Yeah, the most recent reviews of that area make it sound like there's not a lot of "action" going on - hope they can generate some more interest...............maybe a good location for a bike shop/repair place???

#95 5 years ago

Yeah, the most recent reviews of that area make it sound like there's not a lot of "action" going on - hope they can generate some more interest...............maybe a good location for a bike shop/repair place???

Shirks bike shop 1649 Ligalaw Rd, East Earl, PA 17519

Pretty much the go-to shop in the area.

#96 5 years ago

What a cool place. Now on my radar for the next time I am back east. There needs to be more EM's around.

#97 5 years ago

The inn will be open by the end of this month. 7 days a week. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nice bribe for the wife after a day of pinball arcade fun!
Recently when I was there, all of the games were up, nicely maintained, and fully working. No disappointments here!

#98 5 years ago

Yeah - he keeps the games in pretty good shape. Even seen him working on them when I've been there.
My wife loves the glass blowing place. We've gotten a few items there.
The bakery is great. We usually have lunch there, and stop again as were leaving to stock up on goodies for home.

4 years later
#99 1 year ago

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I stopped by here yesterday.

Machines all in great working order. If you are in the mood for some EMs and near by, it is definitely with checking out.

I think the newest thing in there was a pacman arcade machine and it was the only digital thing there.

Definitely a hidden gem if you like stuff from the 70s.

56599656-C6FB-43A3-8151-A227ABCD2B6D (resized).jpeg56599656-C6FB-43A3-8151-A227ABCD2B6D (resized).jpeg75796D68-6CF0-4849-B2B3-2DA05D1C63BD (resized).jpeg75796D68-6CF0-4849-B2B3-2DA05D1C63BD (resized).jpeg89A764CB-CD94-48C4-9181-F3B9A2A29754 (resized).jpeg89A764CB-CD94-48C4-9181-F3B9A2A29754 (resized).jpeg92FEA832-0571-4766-B09D-9F9A3C3397B7 (resized).jpeg92FEA832-0571-4766-B09D-9F9A3C3397B7 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#100 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I stopped by here yesterday.

I saw you taking pictures, should have introduced myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visit-to-st-peters-village-arcade-in-pa-lots-of-ems/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.