Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NYP
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

backplug (resized).jpg
IEC (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I just received my TZ cabinet last night that was built buy Paul over at VirtuaPin, and I have to say I am very pleased with the attention to detail that was put into this build. The joints are exactly the same as the original cabinet as well as all the holes and braces. The paint is better than the factory cab and the silk screening on the back is sharp. If anyone is looking to restore their machine it is well worth investing your hard earned cash into one of these cabs. There was one minor problem though, the hinges were about a 1/4" to short so when attached, the back box sat a 1/4" too forward. Not a big deal, my OEM hinges fit perfect. Anyway A Big Shout Out To Paul For A Job Done Better Then What I Expected!

1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg

6 (resized).jpg

7 (resized).jpg

8 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

good to know. i've been thinking about getting my Twilight zone cab replaced because its beyond repair. Do you have any pictures to show the quality of the cabinet? also what was the price tag delivered? if you don't mind me asking? thank u jeremy

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

good to know. i've been thinking about getting my Twilight zone cab replaced because its beyond repair. Do you have any pictures to show the quality of the cabinet? also what was the price tag delivered? if you don't mind me asking? thank u jeremy

I posted some pictures. I paid $1,500 but I also added a bunch of extras, and shipping is included in that price. If you go to the VirtuaPin website he has prices listed there. Or you can give him a call. Paul is really cool, the more you buy the better the discount gets. I just can't say enough how happy I am with this purchase!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarjunkee:

... There was one minor problem though, the hinges were about a 1/4" to short so when attached, the back box sat a 1/4" too forward. Not a big deal, my OEM hinges fit perfect. ...

Thanks for the kind words!

I have to ask ...

Where and when did you get the hinges that wouldn't fit? I know there are about 5 different ones out there, all with varying degree of accuracy, but the cabs are OEM, so OEM will always fit.

Thanks!

#5 1 year ago

thank you very much. The pictures pretty much sealed it for me. This summer I will have to save up enough money to buy a replacement cab. I will also call Paul instead of placing a order online for a better deal. Also are though blue leg protectors necessary? Because the cabinet is decal ed not screen printed right? so the leg protectors are going to wrinkle by the legs. It would be a shame on a brand new cabinet. Im going to use the leg shims that pinball life sells. thank you again jeremy

#6 1 year ago

are the holes drilled to mount the coin door?

#7 1 year ago

yeah, I bought a virtua pin from him a while ago. I'm still happy with it, and will never get rid of it. Even though VP can't emulate pinball in every aspect it still does a descent job. It's a great machine to learn rules on. yeah the build quality was great, I added the box that is in the back of wpc games to make it easier to unplug. I also added the power switch box that goes near the front with the rockerswitch, thermistor, fuse, molex plugs etc..

IEC (resized).jpg

backplug (resized).jpg

#8 1 year ago

thank you very much. The pictures pretty much sealed it for me. This summer I will have to save up enough money to buy a replacement cab. I will also call Paul instead of placing a order online for a better deal. Also are though blue leg protectors necessary? Because the cabinet is decal ed not screen printed right? so the leg protectors are going to wrinkle by the legs. It would be a shame on a brand new cabinet. Im going to use the leg shims that pinball life sells. thank you again jeremy

I Didn't know that, I'll check out those shims your talking about, Thanks!

#9 1 year ago

are the holes drilled to mount the coin door?

Yes, The holes are drilled. I just have to trim the decal.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Thanks for the kind words!
I have to ask ...
Where and when did you get the hinges that wouldn't fit? I know there are about 5 different ones out there, all with varying degree of accuracy, but the cabs are OEM, so OEM will always fit.
Thanks!

Don't you remember? you sent me pictures showing me the hinges were too short, that's why you couldn't send them to me. It's all good though, my hinges fit just fine. Again thanks for the awesome cabinet. I will do business with you in the future.

#11 1 year ago

It does look really nice. thank you for sharing

#12 1 year ago
#13 1 year ago

i would never use pincab protectors on a new cabinet like that. They will surely leave impressions. Put the metal corner brackets instead and throw those in the garbage.......

#14 1 year ago

I bought a BOP cabinet from Paul. It is 100% awesome! Very happy with my purchase. The next restore will get the same treatment.

#15 1 year ago

Paul does great work.

#16 1 year ago

Yikes, I would get those blue leg "protectors" off immediately. Those will wrinkle your decals. You should put the thin stern style metal spacers on to keep the leg away from the decal. Before you install the spacer, cut the decal away so the spacer is directly on the wood, so it also doesn't wrinkle the decal. Do just like they do on the sterns, I think JJP also does the same thing. Really the only way to keep from ruining those decals!

#17 1 year ago

Does Doug House still make cabinets? His were perfection. And priced similarly to this if not cheaper.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Does Doug House still make cabinets? His were perfection. And priced similarly to this if not cheaper.

From what I'm hearing, no, and I think you may have the wrong impression of the pricing ...

Doug
Bare Bones, Wood Only --- $750.00
Painted, Backbox Screened, Vent & Speaker Grills, Ground Braid, Leg Plates, T Nuts --- $1150.00
Above PLUS: Apply Cabinet Artwork & Siderails (Does NOT include cost of Artwork Set) --- $1300.00

VirtuaPin
Bare Bones, Wood Only --- $749.95 *(includes T-Nuts and leg plates)
Painted, Backbox Screened, Ground Braid, Leg Plates, T Nuts --- $1124.95
Above PLUS: Apply Cabinet Artwork & Siderails (Does NOT include cost of Artwork Set) --- $1,634.95 **Includes ALL cabinet parts, not just siderails. See below for the full list ...

Williams/Bally Coin Door
Williams/Bally WPC Stainless Steel Side Rails - 1 Set of 2
1 Williams/Bally Standard Size Stainless Steel Lockdown Bar With Epoxied Under-Carriage
1 Williams/Bally Lockdown Bar Lever Guide Assembly - WPC/WPC-95
4 Williams/Bally New Style Leg Brackets
Williams/Bally Chrome Legs - 1 Set of 4
8 Extended Chrome Leg Bolts - 2-3/4"
1 Pinball Door - No Slots
10 1/4-20 x 1-1/4" Coin Door Carriage Bolts
10 1/4-20 Coin Door Whiz Flange Locknuts
4 Heavy Duty Leg Levelers With Nuts
Williams/Bally Black Backbox Hinges - 1 Set of 2
2 Hex Pivot Bushings
2 Pivot Bushing carriage bolts
1 WMS Backbox latch
Williams/Bally Backbox Toggle Latch Bracket
1 Williams/Bally Playfield Glass Rear Plastic Channel
2 Playfield Glass side rail plastics
2 Backglass Side Trim
1 Backglass Top Trim
1 Backglass Lift Channel
1 Speaker Panel ’H’ Channel
All Backbox braces

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

i would never use pincab protectors on a new cabinet like that. They will surely leave impressions. Put the metal corner brackets instead and throw those in the garbage.......

Its too late, they made impressions, Might as well leave them on now. Bummer!

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

yeah, I wasn't aware of that either till I watched one of those ray tech vids. They might work ok for a stenciled cabinet, but for decaled take em off and use the metal ones.

Quoted from guitarjunkee:

Its too late, they made impressions, Might as well leave them on now. Bummer!

you've seen older cabs where the decals get crinkled from the legs right?. It might not happen right away but all those things are going to do is move that spot further out. even if there is an impression now, it's only going to get worse. you will probably sell it long before the damage gets to that point though.

#21 1 year ago

Try to take them off anyway,maybe in time the impressions will subside. Might sound crazy but wood and vinyl have a memory and may return to a flat state after a few months. What do you have to lose, if they didn’t leave a hole it’s worth a shot, you can always put them back on.

IMO the pincab protectors are best for older games to camouflage already existing wrinkling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burton, MI
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 10.95
$ 279.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashton-sandy Spring, MD
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mooresville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carolina Forest, SC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside