Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=47

I was looking at their products today and noticed this:

"Intel Core i3 3.1GHz Quad-Core Desktop Processor"

Intel never made an i3 quad core, as far as I know. Does anyone have any experience with these folks? Honest mistake or don't know what we're building?

#2 8 years ago

Yup, all i3's were only dual-core. i5's were a mix of dual and quad core.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core

Could just be an error in the description. Contact them and see what it's actually supposed to be.

#3 8 years ago

Probably just a mistake.

There's also vpcabs.com.

#4 8 years ago

I'm sure it was a simple mistake. Paul makes a nice product.

That being said we also make a great product and have some sweet unadvertised show specials going on now. Feel free to shoot me a message and check us out at VPcabs.com

Also just noticed you are not far from Allentown. We can bring you a machine to the show and save on freight charges.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=47
    I was looking at their products today and noticed this:
    "Intel Core i3 3.1GHz Quad-Core Desktop Processor"
    Intel never made an i3 quad core, as far as I know. Does anyone have any experience with these folks? Honest mistake or don't know what we're building?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It was definitely a typo or incomplete edit when updated to Quads, which has been corrected. Every PC purchased had an i5, 3.2GHz Quad Core Processor installed when they went to Quad Core. We are currently using ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 motherboards, as well.

We will definitely be in Allentown, and we're offering FREE SHIPPING in the Continental US for orders placed during the show. Talk to Joe at the Pinball STAR booth, next to WOZ, Hobbit, MMR, and AMH!

See you there!

#6 8 years ago

Eh I have a vpin that I am tired of. Built it myself. Probably will part it out to get rid of it faster.

#7 8 years ago
    #8 8 years ago

Better than what? Better than my i7 with an r9 and 32 gigs of ram? I doubt it.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

Anyone know if these virtual pins from these companies can support better arcade mode in future pinball at maximum settings?

VirtuaPins certainly can. We put a lot of power under the hood in all of our units. Even the minis can run the most demanding software and the sound output will rival any jukebox, to boot.

#10 8 years ago

mine can handle pretty much anything. I've have not gotten any lag or anything out of mine yet.

#11 8 years ago

With hyper threading (not sure if i3 has it or not) 2 physical cores become 4. Maybe it's just marketing.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

Maybe it's just marketing.

yes

#13 8 years ago

Thanks everyone, I figured as much but was curious.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from NoahFentz:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It was definitely a typo or incomplete edit when updated to Quads, which has been corrected. Every PC purchased had an i5, 3.2GHz Quad Core Processor installed when they went to Quad Core. We are currently using ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 motherboards, as well.
    We will definitely be in Allentown, and we're offering FREE SHIPPING in the Continental US for orders placed during the show. Talk to Joe at the Pinball STAR booth, next to WOZ, Hobbit, MMR, and AMH!
    See you there!

It's better to list the more then just the speed
    Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHZ
    or some thing like

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz

I have see other web sites selling pc systems with poor listing for what cpu is in the system. It's more then just I3 / I5 / I7 and a speed

also stores like newegg also don't list the Max. Turbo Frequency as the cpu's speed as well in the short DEC.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtuapin-fake-specs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.