(Topic ID: 130031)

virtual table for $800

By mark532011

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Medieval Madness.jpg
    20150610_163702.jpg
    20150610_163749.jpg
    20150415_183659.jpg
    Avengerfs.jpg
    image.jpg
    VP Cab - Luci.JPG
    pbw-product-new.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

I have considered building one for years, but it is hard to be motivated while curating my pins....."Catch 22ish". They are fun, but they don't seem to satisfy my pinball fix.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Wow, that's in NZD, so more like $575 in USD. I have a hard time believing he got the three displays and the cabinet and all the other hardware for all that. Must have had pieces laying around.

It can be done. Used TVs are a dime a dozen, as well as used computers...or if you have an older one laying around. I have all the pieces right now, that would likely sell for $600 or less, if I sold them separately on CL, or Ebay.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

I guess the biggest unknown is the cabinet. They can be pricey brand new (if you are staying within a $600 budget), so i am guess you have to wait until an empty shows up locally?

Yep, I have given away a few cabs for this very purpose.....only when the Cabs were wasted. Sometimes I just have to let stuff go with a free CL pickup ad. My bungalow can only hold so much.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've considered building or buying one but can't justify the cost and space for one. They are cool but just don't feel even close to a real pinball machine to me. Personally I prefer to play the iPad, XBOX One, PS4 or PC version of The Pinball Arcade to get my virtual pinball fix. It's far cheaper then building or buying a virtual pinball cabinet and doesn't require any tweaking to play.
    Another idea I've been throwing around is to build a pinball controller box similar to below for my XBOX One. The Pinball Arcade games look great and it would be nice to have a controller to use while playing them on my TV or 130" projection screen, haha. My plan is to buy a wired or wireless XBOX One controller, tear is down and build a controller like below for it. Maybe I can do this for $100 tops and it would save me the expense and space of building a virtual pinball cabinet.
    pbw-product-new.jpg

This would be sweet, you could make it duel purpose, and add a joystick, and hook ups for a PC too.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=11816

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-table-for-800?tu=pen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.