(Topic ID: 224353)

Virtual Reality Club (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PSVR, etc)

By Deaconblooze

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flight-simulator_1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20221023_154048 (resized).jpg
20221023_152040 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220401-095855_Photos (resized).jpg
677d1959-889c-4bd4-9eb4-30d00f3b8d18 (resized).png
5afb085a-643d-4963-b043-ede965309cdf (resized).png
657F1807-8AC5-4995-9F60-51ACF30C9381 (resized).jpeg
707D3BEA-6FC7-40A7-B841-541C77A54237 (resized).jpeg
F2B741EA-8A21-4E22-9276-7EE6094F8744 (resized).jpeg
star-wars-pinball-vr-collectibles-01-3974 (1) (resized).jpg
132051754_10164669113005506_212272834637562372_o (resized).jpg
20201003_132524 (resized).jpg
4B2DADC5-AF88-4294-B854-5739EF55BF3E (resized).jpeg
752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
wireless-hero-m (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

My computer is finally VR ready, and oculus rift is pretty affordable but I'm looking for that WOW game to make the jump. Following.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What type of game are you looking for?

I don't know, maybe I don't know what I want. I'm sort of wanting a demo to come out where I go "wow, I gotta play that!". Some games that look interesting to me:
Rec room
Mission ISS and Adrift look neat

Are there any like theme park VR games?
What are the best racing sims, I usually end up gravitating towards those when I buy the next console.

1 year later
#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've been watching for some reasonably priced software architectural design software in VR. I haven't found anything that meets my needs. TiltBrush is cool, but as far as I can tell, there's no dimensions shown, so it makes it useless for room design.

I've looked into this.. nothing good that's free except unreal engine, but I find that program hard to use (but the results are amazing)

This guy did a simple VR house in blender:

8 months later
#86 3 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I know my GPU is garbage and the 3xxx series are coming out next month. However is it wise to upgrade everything else right now and hold off on the GPU or is something else coming out in September aside from the GPU? I can't even play "The Lab" because everything is all jittery which I believe is re-projection.

GPU: GTX 1060 3GB model
CPU: i5-4690K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
RAM: 8GB of DDR3

I don't have VR (plan to someday), but I did just upgrade my system. I was on an i5-4590 Dell, GTX 970 3gb, 16gb DDR3. I'm now on a Ryzen 1600 AMD4 (almost 2-1/2 times the CPU speed), GTX 1060 3gb, and 32gb of DDR4 memory. I think I spent just a little over $300 (selling old hardware along the way). Ryzen is awesome, you get the same performance as intel for about 1/3 the cost.

1 month later
#98 3 years ago

So pulled the trigger on a lightly used oculus rift S, hoping to have it next week. My new PC should have plenty of power to handle any game. Pretty excited to try this finally.

#100 3 years ago

Got mine setup.. couldn't connect at first, didn't realize that connector on the headset could get loose. Just the stock demos blew me away. It messes with your mind to let your mind think you're in a winnebago with a floating robot, then suddenly your controller hits the couch and you're like "Why isn't my hand moving still?".

Tried downloading a roller coaster simulator, my anti-virus is already blocking me. Reboot seemed to fix it, but I hope it doesn't keep popping up. Eset nod32 isn't real user friendly for adding exceptions.

3 months later
#110 3 years ago

Scott Danesi TheNoTrashCougar was streaming in VR chat a week ago so I popped in as well as a few other pinball people
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/843576351

#122 3 years ago

So I finally decided to download project cars (because it's on sale for $7.50 right now). Not exactly a recent title (2017?) but holy crap. Seeing a 3D interior, the cars near you.. the sunlight rays filling up the interior. I just have an xbox controller hooked up right now (good enough) though I do have an xbox steering wheel in the basement I could bring up.

Tempted to also grab Assetto Corsa or Dirt Rally

1 month later
#144 3 years ago

anyone try this yet? Looks really fun

1 week later
#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I got my HP Reverb G2 in a month ago and still waiting to build a new PC for it. Can't get the Ryzen CPU (5000 series) nor the RTX3080, and it looks like it will still be months out! Running it now on a quad core with GTX1070. Runs well with the few older games I'm playing, but can't get into Alex yet! Love the head set. Very comfortable and easy to put on even with my glasses. Controllers work fine for me once I got good lithium rechargeables. They eat through normal batteries ridiculous! No screen door. Fantastic colors and image quality!

CPU: Why not get a 3000 series now (which is PLENTY fast) and ebay it when cpu's are back in stock?

Video card: mark your calendar: https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/12/22280277/nvidia-rtx-3060-graphics-card-release-date-time

1 year later
1 year later
#282 8 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Racing stuff is one pinball machine's worth of space. I set one up about 8 months ago...ironically enough, I use it for more PC gaming than racing. Still, it's a pretty solid setup even though I had to give up a pinball slot for it. Totally worth it though. VR fell off hard for me. It's probably been over a year since I put on my Quest 2. May as well sell it at this point before it becomes totally obsolete.

I haven't touched my oculus rift s in about 6 months and even then I wasn't using it very long (played that kayaking game which looks great but not a lot to do). I think it's two tiered:
1. The software just isn't as good as hoped. That kayaking game for instance, why couldn't they include a game like toobin' where I have to paddle away from objects and recoup from waterfalls?
2. VR is very closed off. If you have family, you might as well not be home. My hope is that as augmented VR takes off it'll be more like playing a video game (you'll be focused, but you can easily swap between the virtual world and the real world).

5 months later
#312 3 months ago

haven't touched VR in over a year. One title I'm excited to try (supposed to come out soon) is Subliminal. Think back rooms (liminal spaces). If you haven't watched any footage, it's some creepy stuff. Liminal spaces are the paths between living spaces. Always feels just a little creepy (especially alone).
Game:

Backrooms:

Liminal space horror renderings:

#315 3 months ago
Quoted from woodpost:

same. was obsessed for a few months, then haven't even turned it on in over a year. i think a lot of people who get into VR go from the honeymoon period straight to a trial separation. headset comfort, ease-of-use, and visual quality just isn't there yet.
that said, the first pin that interfaces with AR glasses would be an insta-buy for me.

Isolation is probably the biggest reason VR doesn't have lasting power. Video games are easy to interrupt (pause). Pausing VR isn't that easy. Haven't kept up, but I think the newer systems are implementing more augmented reality (or at least making it easier to jump between the VR world and the real world). Case in point, this dude ordered starbucks while wearing a VR headset

2 weeks later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-reality-club-oculus-rift-htc-vive-etc?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.