(Topic ID: 224353)

Virtual Reality Club (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PSVR, etc)

By Deaconblooze

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flight-simulator_1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20221023_154048 (resized).jpg
20221023_152040 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220401-095855_Photos (resized).jpg
677d1959-889c-4bd4-9eb4-30d00f3b8d18 (resized).png
5afb085a-643d-4963-b043-ede965309cdf (resized).png
657F1807-8AC5-4995-9F60-51ACF30C9381 (resized).jpeg
707D3BEA-6FC7-40A7-B841-541C77A54237 (resized).jpeg
F2B741EA-8A21-4E22-9276-7EE6094F8744 (resized).jpeg
star-wars-pinball-vr-collectibles-01-3974 (1) (resized).jpg
132051754_10164669113005506_212272834637562372_o (resized).jpg
20201003_132524 (resized).jpg
4B2DADC5-AF88-4294-B854-5739EF55BF3E (resized).jpeg
752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
wireless-hero-m (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

I've owned a PSVR for a month or two now and really enjoy it. Tracking is not as good as Oculus or Vive, but I've not had many issues (unlike some others I've read). It was a MUCH cheaper entry into VR for me since I didn't have a PC capable of VR. PSVR was super simple to setup and just one cable to deal with. The headset is the most comfortable of the systems I've tried (Oculus, Gear VR).

I'm pretty impressed with first gen VR and hope it sticks around, because it will obviously only get better. Love Super hot, Rec Room (free!), Sparc (A simple but fun online game), Star Trek Bridge Crew, Moss. As far as PS4 exclusives go, I want to love Resident Evil 7 but I'm too scared to get very far (loser, lol), Wipeout VR is awesome, and there is a new online FPS that just came out this week which is getting a ton of praise called Firewall Zero Hour. Oh, and on the pinball front Pinball FX2 VR is great!

I don't regret my decision to buy it at all.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Till 4 in the morning every night I've been playing firewall on psvr this week.
It's so much fun.
I love my psvr. Waiting till Halloween to play through re7

I keep debating buying it, but considering it's $80 with the aim controller I keep second guessing it.

1 month later
#45 5 years ago

For those of you who have PSVR and like platformers... You MUST get Astro Bot. Quite possibly my favorite VR game yet. So well done...

2 years later
#121 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just played through the Room VR: Dark Matter today - It’s pretty fantastic. It’s only around 3 hours start to finish (faster if you are either a genius or use a lot of the hint system) but it’s on sale in the steam winter sale for 33% off and I’d absolutely recommend it if you like ‘escape room’ type games, or are familiar with the previous “The Room” games and enjoyed them. The quality is absolutely top-notch.

I loved the Room games on mobile, so I was excited to see they were making a VR game. While it isn't a super long game, I loved it and it lived up to it's mobile predecessors. Another recommendation here if you like this type of game!

1 year later
#187 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I agree. I played for about an hour a couple nights ago and didn't want to puke my guts out! I was starting to get a little bit of a headache, but only the craziest of barrel rolls made me nauseated. I'm going to have to take it a bit easier next time
I really wished there was full VR controller integration though. Playing with the controller is fun, but it could be so much better!

I've wanted to try Squadrons, but the lack of VR controller support is what is holding me back.

8 months later
#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The good news is it brings a lot of really interesting tech forward for possible implementation into the Q3. The controllers alone with their independent tracking is really interesting.
The avatar availability to devs is a pretty big deal too. I've recently gotten some friends into VR, and getting associative avatars into a common space would be cool.
I've been beating the drum of the ability to share music/tv within apps like Eleven or Walkabout. Being able to watch sports or at least listen to the same music would really enhance those experiences. Alternatively, just a few simple passive activities within Bigscreen would be great. The ability to throw some darts, play bag toss, play cards, or anything similar would really help to create a bit more of a hangout within that app.

If you haven't checked it out, Golf+ has some of that functionality.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-reality-club-oculus-rift-htc-vive-etc?tu=brucipher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.