(Topic ID: 224353)

Virtual Reality Club (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PSVR, etc)

By Deaconblooze

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flight-simulator_1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20221023_154048 (resized).jpg
20221023_152040 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220401-095855_Photos (resized).jpg
677d1959-889c-4bd4-9eb4-30d00f3b8d18 (resized).png
5afb085a-643d-4963-b043-ede965309cdf (resized).png
657F1807-8AC5-4995-9F60-51ACF30C9381 (resized).jpeg
707D3BEA-6FC7-40A7-B841-541C77A54237 (resized).jpeg
F2B741EA-8A21-4E22-9276-7EE6094F8744 (resized).jpeg
star-wars-pinball-vr-collectibles-01-3974 (1) (resized).jpg
132051754_10164669113005506_212272834637562372_o (resized).jpg
20201003_132524 (resized).jpg
4B2DADC5-AF88-4294-B854-5739EF55BF3E (resized).jpeg
752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
wireless-hero-m (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

Great post. Following here too! I have a mobile Virtual Pinball rig that I use when I go to parties and such. Mostly run PinballFX3 and some TPA.

Following for sure! Cheers!

3 years later
#202 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just to share my experience with the Quest 2 and AirLink.
I bought a secondhand gaming laptop with an i7 core processor and a GeForce RTX 2070 super. For all intents and purposes, I decided the laptop would be able to do what I wanted it to do: play Game Pass games and VR games. I also updated my router to 3 band (2 x 5GHZ bands). When playing VR, I have my laptop plugged in via ethernet cable, but I recently tried it just on wifi (in a different room than my router) and it worked surprisingly well. I have my Q2 on its own 5 GHZ band. Nothing else is on it.
I haven't check out any of the technical settings like Deaconblooze has gone into, but I have gone in and upped the graphics modes to max on all of the VR games that I've tried and it runs very smoothly via AirLink. I know some people have better performance with Virtual Desktop vs AirLink, but I haven't felt the need to buy VD yet. It's been able to play even the most graphically intense VR games without issue, so in that regard, I'm super happy. Just bought Skyrim VR on Steam (sale going on until 2/3 if anyone wants in), so I'm looking forward to installing mod packs and playing Skyrim.
I'm currently playing Boneworks, which is fun. More of the same FPS type of stuff, but handling guns is always fun. I want to check out Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand grenades, which is more gun stuff, but seems to be very fun based on reviews. Skyrim will definitely be a different change of pace.

I run AirLink as well, same as you, on a dedicated 5 Ghz band. Works great! Couple games to mention: Walking Dead Saints and Sinners was quite fun with good mechanics. The latest build has "Aftershock" which is an add-on campain for when you're done with the main game. I actually enjoy a little more than the original game itself. Also, Demeo is worth it. I host private games with a neighbor and it's been a blast. Slower pace game, but not everything has to be where you're getting shot at eh? Zombieland HeadShot fever is cool is you want a quick game and want to shoot zombies. It's cheaper as well. I play that one PCVR as well (as opposed to natively on the Quest 2). Oh, the first 2 games I mentioned are cross-buy; pay once for them on the Oculus Store and get them on PCVR and natively on Quest 2. If you get Demeo on Steam it will work via SteamVR but you won't get cross-buy to install it on your Quest 2 if you want.

1 week later
#211 2 years ago

Yes. Quest 2 and PCVR via AirLink is revolutionary gaming-wise, for sure. Background: I've been gaming since 1980.

1 week later
#217 1 year ago

"After The Fall" got another big update 2 days ago. Really fun coop game.

1 week later
#222 1 year ago

After the Fall has been a blast playing with folks I know. REALLY fun, even though sometimes buggy.

#224 1 year ago

Yeah I thought TWD VR (Saints and Sinners) is def worth the money, even full price.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I play after the fall a bit after launch, but haven't touch it for like 4 months lol. Is it still largely groups of 4 killing snowbreed or whatever they're called?

Yes! 4 player co-op. Several patches have been released already, and the discord channel indicates they are working on this game daily! It's a top notch experience to play with humans that you know. Really fun.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Had a friend show/talk about it... SOLD!

What are you planning on getting? I have several hours on the Valve Index, but opted to get a Quest 2 instead. I use it to do PCVR from my PC:

Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM - nVidia GTX 1070 Amp Edition 8GB GDDR5. Nighthawk X6 R8000 WiFi (in AP mode).

and I use these:

Alxum USB 3.0 Extension Cable 25FT, Active USB Extension Cable Male to Female with Signal Booster, Long USB Repeater/Extender Cord 7.5 Meters for Printer, Webcam, Mouse, with 5V2A Power Adapter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GVXJX1T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

Syntech Link Cable 16 FT Compatible with Oculus/Meta Quest 2/1 and PC/Steam VR, High Speed PC Data Transfer, USB 3.0 to USB C Cable for VR Headset and Gaming PC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098399X91/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The above is one of the cheapest way to get into PCVR, since the Quest 2 is 1/3 of the price of an Index. I don't miss any of the Index features that are not on Quest 2.

#231 1 year ago

Sweet! Hey, you won't need Virtual Desktop. The Oculus software installed on the PC does it all.

#233 1 year ago

Sure thing. I am not sure how familiar you are with networking. For Airlink to connect, you need your Wifi Router to assign your Quest 2 an IP address that's on the same subnet as your wired PC. I had to set my Wifi Router to "AP" mode for that to happen (access point mode). Out of the box, Wifi Routers assign IP addresses on a different subnet. If that's the case, you'll never see your PC when trying to connect to AirLink (inside your Quest 2).

1 month later
#237 1 year ago

That's a great price for After The Fall. It's pretty much the only thing I currently play (Oculus PCVR, but it will run natively on the Quest 2 unit itself).

4 weeks later
#238 1 year ago

Good Steam VR game alert: "Compound".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-reality-club-oculus-rift-htc-vive-etc?tu=Bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.