(Topic ID: 224353)

Virtual Reality Club (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PSVR, etc)

By Deaconblooze

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by Nexyss
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
wireless-hero-m (resized).png
kat-walk-mini (resized).jpg
hours (resized).jpg
giphy (resized).png

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Guy_with_a_Pin:

Any Oculus owner in the USA could help with a referral so I can get a further 10% off my Occulus Rift + touch purchase? See following article at
https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-for-315-oculus-go-for-162-via-referral/
Simply login and make the referral to my email address and at the same time earn youself a $30 store credit. PM me for my addy if interested.

PM sent

#52 1 year ago

Joining the club....picked the PSVR astrobot/moss bundle Black Friday sale so just waiting. Found RE7 for $13. How’s Tetris effect in VR??

#53 1 year ago

Steam is having their Autumn Sale until 27 Nov. Some really solid deals. Got Serious Sam 3 VR for $10 (normally $40).

3 weeks later
#54 1 year ago

This is worth a mention - Talos Principal on sale for 85% off. DLC included.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/552440/The_Talos_Principle_VR/

4 months later
#55 11 months ago

Just saw this applied to a VR pinball table:

Innovative but I'll still stick with the real thing vs the "box on your head" pinball.

#56 11 months ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Just saw this applied to a VR pinball table:

Innovative but I'll still stick with the real thing vs the "box on your head" pinball.

Very cool! I am a VR enthusiast. A good way to combine hobbies . With the luxury of having my own games I would rather play the real thing. But fun to mess with.

#57 11 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Very cool! I am a VR enthusiast. A good way to combine hobbies . With the luxury of having my own games I would rather play the real thing. But fun to mess with.

It works surprisingly well. Tested.com put a guide out for how to wire up a setup shown in the video. I had the front end of a pinball machine made just for virtual pinball. I'll always prefer real pinball but this works well for trying out digital tables. Doesn't take up a lot of space either and doesn't cost a ton.

752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg

#58 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It works surprisingly well. Tested.com put a guide out for how to wire up a setup shown in the video. I had the front end of a pinball machine made just for virtual pinball. I'll always prefer real pinball but this works well for trying out digital tables. Doesn't take up a lot of space either and doesn't cost a ton.
[quoted image]

Do you sell those bc I might be interested in buying

#59 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Spending the money on a coin door for it seems like a bit much.

#60 11 months ago

I used to have one of those HTC vive pro.. the batman VR game was pretty cool, yet I still felt like there was screen door effect and pixels I could see.. gave me a headache.

#61 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I used to have one of those HTC vive pro.. the batman VR game was pretty cool, yet I still felt like there was screen door effect and pixels I could see.. gave me a headache.

Fair enough. Current headsets are not perfect but they are good enough to have a lot of fun and they are getting better.

Some early games I played did cause motion sickness but
good developers have learned a lot in terms of how to minimize that or eliminate it for most players.

'To the top' is one game that plays crazy with climbing and falling and fast jumps but seems to cause almost no discomfort for players prone to motion sickness.

#62 11 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Fair enough. Current headsets are not perfect but they are good enough to have a lot of fun and they are getting better.
Some early games I played did cause motion sickness but
good developers have learned a lot in terms of how to minimize that or eliminate it for most players.
'To the top' is one game that plays crazy with climbing and falling and fast jumps but seems to cause almost no discomfort for players prone to motion sickness.

To the top was so much fun

#63 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you sell those bc I might be interested in buying

Unfortunately no. I had a local guy who makes arcade and pinball cabinets design / CNC it. I then painted it, added the coin door, buttons, etc.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Spending the money on a coin door for it seems like a bit much.

That's how I access the electronics and wire everything up inside as the back of it is wood that is flush with the cabinet. I used a Data East coin door as it was much cheaper compared to the Bally Williams ones. If I had a used one I would have installed that.

5 months later
#64 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Unfortunately no. I had a local guy who makes arcade and pinball cabinets design / CNC it. I then painted it, added the coin door, buttons, etc.

That's how I access the electronics and wire everything up inside as the back of it is wood that is flush with the cabinet. I used a Data East coin door as it was much cheaper compared to the Bally Williams ones. If I had a used one I would have installed that.

That pin control setup you have is simply awesome. Just picked up an Oculus Quest wireless system and all I can say is wow. They have truly come a long way. They also said they will offer a wire connect add on so the Quest can also play all the Rift games. Incredible technology really.

#65 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Wow, somebody should start to manufacture similar solutions for sale! I.e. ready for Oculus Rift, plug and play!

#66 5 months ago

I have started to think about getting Oculus Quest. Apparently today only Pinball FX2 is available for it?

What kind of controller could one connect to Oculus Quest to play pinball? PanzerFreak's controller would be the ultimate choice, if it can be connected to Oculus Quest, but such controllers are not sold anywhere apparently, so I would have to settle with some arcade controller, which has buttons on the sides of the controller. I would miss the plunger of course, but I think I can live without skill-shots. But are the USB-controllers compatible with Oculus Quest, or should one get some bluetooth arcade controller? Any suggestions on what kind of arcade controller to get to connect it to Oculus Quest?

Thanks for any info!

#67 5 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I have started to think about getting Oculus Quest. Apparently today only Pinball FX2 is available for it?
What kind of controller could one connect to Oculus Quest to play pinball? PanzerFreak's controller would be the ultimate choice, if it can be connected to Oculus Quest, but such controllers are not sold anywhere apparently, so I would have to settle with some arcade controller, which has buttons on the sides of the controller. I would miss the plunger of course, but I think I can live without skill-shots. But are the USB-controllers compatible with Oculus Quest, or should one get some bluetooth arcade controller? Any suggestions on what kind of arcade controller to get to connect it to Oculus Quest?
Thanks for any info!

Next month they'll be an update Oculus link will allow the quest to a computer you can use the controller from there. and you can play rift and steam games as well.

#68 5 months ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Next month they'll be an update Oculus link will allow the quest to a computer you can use the controller from there. and you can play rift and steam games as well.

I've read about that, but I'd rather have a "standalone" solution - arcade controller and Oculus Quest. I guess it would be doable also to buy some wooden box and connect controllers there, but I am not sure, which hardware would be compliant with Quest.

EDIT: Apparently arcade controllers would work with Quest with some fiddling: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/c0foj8/quest_supports_arcade_sticks_notes_in_the_comments/

3 weeks later
#69 4 months ago

I've been watching for some reasonably priced software architectural design software in VR. I haven't found anything that meets my needs. TiltBrush is cool, but as far as I can tell, there's no dimensions shown, so it makes it useless for room design.

Does anyone know of anything like this? I'm basically looking for a sketchup style program in VR. I'd love to see how my basement might look in room scale with walls knocked out, pins moved, etc.

#70 4 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've been watching for some reasonably priced software architectural design software in VR. I haven't found anything that meets my needs. TiltBrush is cool, but as far as I can tell, there's no dimensions shown, so it makes it useless for room design.

I've looked into this.. nothing good that's free except unreal engine, but I find that program hard to use (but the results are amazing)

This guy did a simple VR house in blender:

#71 4 months ago

I'll check into those, thanks.

I'd pay up to about $50 for something decent.

I'm surprised there aren't more options out there. This seems like a space where VR would be really useful, especially for architects, interior designers, real estate agents, etc etc etc.

1 month later
#72 3 months ago

I have had a PlayStation vr for a couple of years now, but reared used it. I am really susceptible to motion sickness, so there are a lot of games I can’t play.

I just got a quest, and it is amazing! They have a rating system so you can choose the games that won’t cause motion sickness. Also, wireless is the best feature I have seen for vr. So easy to just pick up and play!

I had more time in vr in the first 2 days than I had in 2 years on psvr, and I expect to play pretty often.

#73 3 months ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have had a PlayStation vr for a couple of years now, but reared used it. I am really susceptible to motion sickness, so there are a lot of games I can’t play.
I just got a quest, and it is amazing! They have a rating system so you can choose the games that won’t cause motion sickness. Also, wireless is the best feature I have seen for vr. So easy to just pick up and play!
I had more time in vr in the first 2 days than I had in 2 years on psvr, and I expect to play pretty often.

I picked up a quest a few weeks ago. Dollar general had GameStop gift cards at 15% off so I bought $500 worth for $425, then went to GS and bought the 128g quest. Still haven't opened it, but I plan on very soon. Besides the darth vader game, what are some good ones to pick up?

#74 3 months ago

Why the Quest over the Rift S? Some games you won’t even be able to play

#75 3 months ago

Quest ! All the way. Not tethered is a very big deal. Also you can play with a cpu now!

#76 3 months ago
Quoted from TomN:

Why the Quest over the Rift S? Some games you won’t even be able to play

Quest Can play all the S games with cable if you wanted. All other games are wireless which totally changes the game. Love ours.

#77 3 months ago

The compromise of quality when using quest vs rift S with a great PC is not even funny. Absolutely night and day BUT if you never experienced true rift S I can understand going quest.

I'm glad both are out there as it only brings more people to vr. For me I love vr but hate wearing anything over my face. Bc of that it will never be something I do for long periods of time unless guests are over.

#78 89 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

The compromise of quality when using quest vs rift S with a great PC is not even funny. Absolutely night and day BUT if you never experienced true rift S I can understand going quest.
I'm glad both are out there as it only brings more people to vr. For me I love vr but hate wearing anything over my face. Bc of that it will never be something I do for long periods of time unless guests are over.

That’s what I had heard as well. Battery life is another issue. Also agree that the more people on board the vr train the better. Some very cool experiences either way. Enjoy

#79 89 days ago

Just joined the Quest wagon. I also suffer from motion sickness on many games, but so far, the Quest is doing fine.

Beat Saber gave me a little uneasy feeling the first time, but not the second.
VR SuperHot left me fine.

I understand about the difference in graphics between the Quest and Rift, but figured with the non-cord bonus, I'd go Quest (OK, bought it for my son).

The other deciding factor was that new tech for VR will be flooding the market soon, each one better than the next, so realistically, this is a 2 year endeavor before moving on.

Too bad there is only Pinball FX, I just don't care for their "playful" animation. Maybe I'll grab that link and then use the cord for a Rift pinball program.

#80 89 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will stick to the wireless versions, and enjoy the better graphics when these devices get there. Kinda like I prefer the switch over ps4 since I can take it with me if I want.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
£ 20.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.00
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 23.00
$ 11,500.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside