Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by T7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

totan_4k (resized).jpg
    752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    image3 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OrdealByFire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’m gonna need you guys to encourage or discourage me about this purchase. I’m a huge fan of pinball like all of you and stumbled across a 42” 4K virtual machine for $3,000, and I’m really trying to convince myself not to. The lack of depth to the field turns me off, but the idea of having virtually a limitless supply of pins on one table sounds insane. I’m a fan of games like TPA so I know how virtual pinball feels, and I know it’s unlike the real thing...

What do you guys think? First thought is that $3k for a 4K 42” machine seems like there must be a catch. I know shipping is separate and would cost a small fortune, but I have to wonder if the refresh rates/input lag is rough (granted I haven’t asked about it yet).

Thoughts?

#6 4 years ago

I appreciate the input, guys. I’ll hold off for now for sure.

Especially because I reason through that there’s a bar with 12 newer Sterns just over a mile from my house.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

One thing for sure, if not setup correctly or due to the tv / monitor used and any delay in flipper action makes it unbearable.

This is one of my biggest hesitations. I’d hate to spend nearly $4k on a machine that’s unplayable... and I can’t try before I buy because there’s a thousand mile or more distance between me and the business.

#14 4 years ago

Damn, any of you guys need some job fillings remotely?

I’d love to be able to afford an army of pins.

Thanks for all of the feedback, everybody.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OrdealByFire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-machine-1?tu=OrdealByFire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.