(Topic ID: 328570)

Virtual Pinball... Is it a good alternitive?

By SilverballHeroPR

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F50F8E3E-7E82-4FB4-9BB3-662B5CDBBBA4 (resized).jpeg
    366E0808-52DF-4DF9-B9F3-F44C866385FF (resized).png
    06D2093E-6844-4C41-895E-347718EAB57A (resized).jpeg
    1CA48B36-FCB5-464D-9A78-DC72AFF493F0 (resized).jpeg
    C9B5448F-1C42-4BD4-838F-0BA68A7C578D (resized).jpeg
    iron (resized).jpg
    ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif
    XMen-Cab-ScreenShot2.png.095f55e54e980f4f11bf6cbf40fcd2e1.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtatumjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from tmuir:

I own a 1961 BSA C15 motorcycle, its heavy, its slow and has terrible brakes.
    There are plenty of modern motorcycles out now that are made to look like a vintage or classic bikes.
    They are lighter, run on unleaded petrol, have better brakes, go longer between oil changes, parts are easier to get and probably go faster too.
    But would I want to own one?
    No because I like the simplicity of my old bike and like the fact it has age to it and I'm keeping it running so I can pass it on to someone else.
    This is a bit like how I see VP.
    Yes it's newer, can do more and be upgraded easier, but I wouldn't get the same joy from it I get from keeping my 40 plus year old pinball machines running.
    To be honest my 1976 Chicago coin Hollywood is a 'bitch', it always breaks and I'm always needing to tinker with it, but to me that is half the fun.
    Laying the 6 foot long circuit diagram across the table and tracing my way through it to work out which contact has gone out of alignment keeps my brain functioning.
    I just don't think I would get the same fun out of a VP that doesn't need any TLC to keep running.
    But that is my personal opinion, others may hate having to keep maintaining there machines and I guess that is where VP comes in.

The problem for me is let's say you own 8 real bikes already and there's room for only 1 more. Do you go for a virtual bike that could give you 90 percent of the real experience but you could swap that virtual bike for 1500 virtual bikes at any time or one more real bike?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtatumjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-is-it-a-good-alternitive?tu=wtatumjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.