(Topic ID: 328570)

Virtual Pinball... Is it a good alternitive?

By SilverballHeroPR

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F50F8E3E-7E82-4FB4-9BB3-662B5CDBBBA4 (resized).jpeg
    366E0808-52DF-4DF9-B9F3-F44C866385FF (resized).png
    06D2093E-6844-4C41-895E-347718EAB57A (resized).jpeg
    1CA48B36-FCB5-464D-9A78-DC72AFF493F0 (resized).jpeg
    C9B5448F-1C42-4BD4-838F-0BA68A7C578D (resized).jpeg
    iron (resized).jpg
    ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif
    XMen-Cab-ScreenShot2.png.095f55e54e980f4f11bf6cbf40fcd2e1.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fuseholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 1 year ago

Virtual pinball is cool. It's not physical pinball by any means. However, it's phenomenal for what it is and what its metamorphosis has become. I'm always blown away how it gets better every year. I'd love to own one someday. The technology changes so fast and it devalues faster than a iPhone, it keeps me away. I think if they keep going in the direction it needs and can get to a more reasonable price...

I understand these are not cheap. If those two Aussie pinball builders can get them around 4K shipped. They would sell by the boat loads, imho. Maybe, a large Sony type corp in the video game industry would do this. Obviously, its market is growing and someone is making money or am I way off?

1 week later
    #119 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Great point and why VPX is such a nice alternative. It allows you to feel and hear what it’s like to play all of these games without the true price of admission. Granted it’s not the real thing but damn it’s pretty close, especially with VPX 10.7 and super convenient,
    Speaking of, I recently switched over to a 4k screen (vs the VR headset that I’m using right now) and although I do prefer playing without a headset on, it’s crazy what happens when you lose the depth that VR provides. Everything is so flat it just takes me out of the experience b/c you know it’s fake and is a video game. Switching back, it was astonishing how you feel like you’re literally in the game in VR - the sense of depth that it provides allows you to actually feel like you’re hitting the scoop just like in real life b/c you can gauge the depth. You can see the height of the ramps, the distance of the bash toy, etc.
    Prob beginning to sound like a broken record but I can’t stress how much I suggest everyone try VPX in VR if you can. It’s literally a game changer and provides you with what flat screen can’t - depth/3D and FOV just like you have in real life. It brings the experience that much closer. You will need a powerful PC to get it to run smooth but it’s a major space saver and still prob cheaper all in. Either way you play, VPX is a great alternative to have.

Do they make 4K monitors that can do VR? I’ve seen those giant Digital billboards where it looks like somethings coming out at you. Does something like that work for VR?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fuseholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-is-it-a-good-alternitive?tu=fuseholder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.