752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
CEA9CE9F-7711-45C4-9A3A-387923C44427 (resized).jpeg
3F24EDDD-2F57-4755-88D9-06D143EE7626 (resized).jpeg
FB87FBC8-86AD-4E84-9246-26B3DAB11734 (resized).jpeg
DD4F9090-D9EA-4229-A02F-E80B96C50426 (resized).jpeg
5BB460F9-57E1-4FB2-8080-CE7A3A6062E3 (resized).jpeg
FE5ACDE0-29CF-4D05-B109-BBE5C0A7A9D7 (resized).jpeg
F1BA55A5-F717-43C0-9A42-56AED5F035D8 (resized).jpeg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I’m not sure if the solenoids are 12 or 24v, they do sound a little clicky from the videos so possibly they are 12v. I actually had them added them on after my machine was finished once I found out they come wired with an easy on/off switch, same with the force feedback. Nice to know I can upgrade to 24v if they feel too inadequate.

I don’t get into all the drama from any of those Australian companies, they probably are all doing shady business in one form or another. I agree it is all a bit ridiculous. In a perfect world everybody would get the proper compensation for their contributions but unfortunately we don’t live in said world.....I just know I didn’t have time to make my own Vpin and a local friend recommended XGC. He purchased a Vpin from them and has been very happy with his machine.

#52 3 years ago

It’s getting very convincing and even the physics and the responsiveness feel really good in the digital realm!

Quoted from AFM95:

Honestly, it looks like the real thing!

#53 3 years ago

I know they post videos of machines they are about to send off. Is a video of yours online? I’m sure for the most part you’ll be happy with it. Nothing is perfect but that’s part of the fun!

Quoted from Briks-707:

I’m not sure if the solenoids are 12 or 24v, they do sound a little clicky from the videos so possibly they are 12v. I actually had them added them on after my machine was finished once I found out they come wired with an easy on/off switch, same with the force feedback. Nice to know I can upgrade to 24v if they feel too inadequate.
I don’t get into all the drama from any of those Australian companies, they probably are all doing shady business in one form or another. I agree it is all a bit ridiculous. In a perfect world everybody would get the proper compensation for their contributions but unfortunately we don’t live in said world.....I just know I didn’t have time to make my own Vpin and a local friend recommended XGC. He purchased a Vpin from them and has been very happy with his machine.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Jonosborne:

I know they post videos of machines they are about to send off. Is a video of yours online? I’m sure for the most part you’ll be happy with it. Nothing is perfect but that’s part of the fun!

Yeah they have a few videos on their YouTube channel of it. I believe mine is the only Ghostbusters themed machine they have done to date, they posted it a few months back before it was shipped. It’s a 2-1 Vpin with all the upgrades except matrix lighting. I’m sure I’m going to enjoy it....I just want to play big juicy melons without having to look at the real table haha.

BTW that shot of the Medieval Madness table you posted earlier looks insane!! I’m so impressed how far VP has come, now with 3D and VR taking it to the next level.

#55 3 years ago

Well definitely let me know what you think when you get it in! I looked on their youtube channel but couldn’t find a GB cab. MM does look stellar in VPX. I want to shoot a video for it because it looks unreal in 4k 120 hz. Will you be getting a VR headset.

Quoted from Briks-707:

Yeah they have a few videos on their YouTube channel of it. I believe mine is the only Ghostbusters themed machine they have done to date, they posted it a few months back before it was shipped. It’s a 2-1 Vpin with all the upgrades except matrix lighting. I’m sure I’m going to enjoy it....I just want to play big juicy melons without having to look at the real table haha.
BTW that shot of the Medieval Madness table you posted earlier looks insane!! I’m so impressed how far VP has come, now with 3D and VR taking it to the next level.

#56 3 years ago

I realize nothing can compare to the real machine but the physics part will NEVER be quite right. I mean for instance look at the way the slingshots react. On a real game you'll get a semi slow rainbow type ball kick if you trigger the slingshot on the high side. These virtual games rocket the ball regardless. I can name off several things that will never be right but it doesn't make them any less useful/cool.

So whatever happened to using the Xbox360 motion bar and software to enable a 3d immersive experience? I don't hear anything about it any more.

#57 3 years ago

Waste of time recreating knackered old 90s pins in virtual pinball, the real thing is a million times better. Virtual pinball is best used to create pinball experiences that go far beyond the limitations of real-world pinball. I can fart out an exact copy of any real-world pinball game without breaking a sweat. The real challenge is creating new ideas and gameplay experiences that blow away anything the real-world can do. This is why VP sucks, same old shit over and over.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Waste of time recreating knackered old 90s pins in virtual pinball, the real thing is a million times better. Virtual pinball is best used to create pinball experiences that go far beyond the limitations of real-world pinball. I can fart out an exact copy of any real-world pinball game without breaking a sweat. The real challenge is creating new ideas and gameplay experiences that blow away anything the real-world can do. This is why VP sucks, same old shit over and over.

THIS... The ability to go beyond traditional playfields and ball physics is what makes the potential so high for this approach. But what has been delivered thus far, unfortunately, falls far short.

#59 3 years ago

There is lots of variance in shots, but the differences in physics depends greatly on the monitor/PC at play. Each system can vary greatly in its feel/response. My virtual pin is one of the most responsive machines out there. I’m not trying to convince anyone that this hobby is amazing and it’s certainly not for everyone, but I think it can be better than the opinion most all of us have formed by playing a half-assed virtual pinball sometime in our lives. As far as BAM and Knect goes, it’s kind of considered a novelty at best.

Quoted from CLEllison:

I realize nothing can compare to the real machine but the physics part will NEVER be quite right. I mean for instance look at the way the slingshots react. On a real game you'll get a semi slow rainbow type ball kick if you trigger the slingshot on the high side. These virtual games rocket the ball regardless. I can name off several things that will never be right but it doesn't make them any less useful/cool.
So whatever happened to using the Xbox360 motion bar and software to enable a 3d immersive experience? I don't hear anything about it any more.

#60 3 years ago

Slamtilt, we certainly appreciate your contributions in the virtual pinball realm and I understand what you’re saying, but I take on the challenge of making a virtual pinball that is as realistic as possible. To me that is the most enjoyment I get out of the hobby. I don’t think that creating a table as life-like as possible is easy by any means from a table author’s perspective. The talented designers behind some of the best VPX tables spend many months (and sometimes years) developing their creations. I have a lot of respect for that aspect and I appreciate authenticity over originality when it comes to VPX.

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

#61 3 years ago

I don’t really enjoy original creations as much as I do authentic recreations. I think most people go into the hobby of virtual pinball to play their favorite classic titles. There have been some pretty incredible original tables out there but they just don’t hold my interest like the classics. This is all purely subjective of course!

Quoted from pookycade:

THIS... The ability to go beyond traditional playfields and ball physics is what makes the potential so high for this approach. But what has been delivered thus far, unfortunately, falls far short.

#62 3 years ago

I have the video for Cirqus Voltaire that I’ll be publishing later today. Stay tuned. I think you’ll be shocked at what you see! The lighting and visuals are absolutely stellar!

#63 3 years ago

I had no idea the graphics for the virtual pins were capable of 4K.

#64 3 years ago

This is 4k 120 hz and it’s definitely next-level!

Quoted from Pinless:

I had no idea the graphics for the virtual pins were capable of 4K.

#65 3 years ago

Here is CV! The image got reversed due to a render error but this video mainly focuses on performance. Enjoy and let me know what you think. Thanks!

#66 3 years ago

Aside from the video being reversed it looked incredibly realistic, at first glance you wouldn’t know it was a virtual table!

#67 3 years ago

Yeah it’s playing great! I bet you are super stoked to get your v-pin soon!

Quoted from Briks-707:

Aside from the video being reversed it looked incredibly realistic, at first glance you wouldn’t know it was a virtual table!

#68 3 years ago

Very nice Pin and I totally agree with you on most points. I have a Vpin here also that is mostly the same as yours as far as the specs go but I would say it plays as good or even better than real machines. Not all of them of course because it depends highly on how the table was created and what physics are being used. Every day there are updates of older virtual pinball tables with better graphics, lighting and physics.

The key is to spend at least the same as on a Stern Premium on the Vpin (and I do not mean a commercially built one, but DIY). When the right parts are used, the result is a great playing virtual pinball machine with almost the same feedback as in real life. You have to play on a high end Vpin to believe this. I would not have believed it either and I did have Vpins before, just not as good as the one I have now. This one has NO lag at all which is very important. My wife cannot play with the slightest bit of lag and she is fine with how it plays.

I just tried my first attempt to make a video of how it looks with the matrix leds in a Vpin and then you all can see where JJP got the idea for the Hotrails in GNR. First time trying to make a video on a tripod, so it is a bit rough. In the end I take the camera and make some close-ups of the playfield. If you rather not have me post this in your thread please let me know then I will remove it asap Just want to make more people aware of what a good Vpin is capabale of as literally every Pinball friend I have had over since I have this Vpin also wants one.

#69 3 years ago

That looks like a really nice v-pin! I really like the way you did the backglass. It looks awesome! I completely understand what you mean about a high-end v-pin being as good, if not better than some real machines. If you can get the look and feel of accurate physics with no noticeable lag (I am also extremely pick about this) in a v-pin it will hold your attention for many years. I’ve had mine for over 3 years now and I never get sick of it. With the constant updates and improvements that happen on a nearly daily basis this hobby just gets better and better as time goes on. It is a lot of fun to look at the overall progress made even in the last few years. What force feedback do you have in your machine?

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Very nice Pin and I totally agree with you on most points. I have a Vpin here also that is mostly the same as yours as far as the specs go wbut I would say it plays as good or even better than real machines. Not all of them of course because it depends highly on how the table was created and what phgysics are being used. Every day there are updates of older virtual pinball tables with better graphics, lighting and physics.
The key is to spend at least the same as on a Stern Premium on the Vpin (and I do not mean a commercially built one, but DIY). When the right parts are used, the result is a great playing virtual pinball machine with almost the same feedback as in real life. You have to play on a high end Vpin to believe this. I would not have believed it either and I did have Vpins before, just not as good as the one I have now. This one has NO lag at all which is very important. My wife cannot play with the slightest bit of lag and she is fine with how it plays.
I just tried my first attempt to make a video of how it looks with the matrix leds in a Vpin and then you all can see where JJP got the idea for the Hotrails in GNR. First time trying to make a video on a tripod, so it is a bit rough. In the end I take the camera and make some close-ups of the playfield. If you rather not have me post this in your thread please let me know then I will remove it asap Just want to make more people aware of what a good Vpin is capabale of as literally every Pinball friend I have had over since I have this Vpin also wants one.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Jonosborne:

That looks like a really nice v-pin! I really like the way you did the backglass. It looks awesome! I completely understand what you mean about a high-end v-pin being as good, if not better than some real machines. If you can get the look and feel of accurate physics with no noticeable lag (I am also extremely pick about this) in a v-pin it will hold your attention for many years. I’ve had mine for over 3 years now and I never get sick of it. With the constant updates and improvements that happen on a nearly daily basis this hobby just gets better and better as time goes on. It is a lot of fun to look at the overall progress made even in the last few years. What force feedback do you have in your machine?

I am using SSF with 4 Exciters and 2 Bass exciters. Those are being regulated through two 2.1 amplifiers and on the software side I have APO Equaliser, ThumpSSF and PinvolSSF running.

That way you can adjust volumes of the front/back exciters and the backglass individually and the settings are stored per Table. ThumpSSF adds some sub into the mix which accentuates the hitting of posts very good.

It is unreal how much better the software has gotten even the last months. That is being developed all free for the community which is awesome. I also run Pinball FX3, Pinball Wicked and Pinball Pro on that cabinet. Work great. FX3 also uses the SSF system these days which turns it from a computergame into a pinball machine.

#71 3 years ago

FX3 and the other games you do need to buy but they are really not expensive when considering how many work goes into these.

#72 3 years ago

So are you using force feedback alongside your SSF or do you use only SSF (contactors, shaker, knocker, gear motor, etc? That is another layer of immersion that marries nicely with SSF. I have them both and consider it all necessity!

Quoted from ronaldvg:

I am using SSF with 4 Exciters and 2 Bass exciters. Those are being regulated through two 2.1 amplifiers and on the software side I have APO Equaliser, ThumpSSF and PinvolSSF running.
That way you can adjust volumes of the front/back exciters and the backglass individually and the settings are stored per Table. ThumpSSF adds some sub into the mix which accentuates the hitting of posts very good.
It is unreal how much better the software has gotten even the last months. That is being developed all free for the community which is awesome. I also run Pinball FX3, Pinball Wicked and Pinball Pro on that cabinet. Work great. FX3 also uses the SSF system these days which turns it from a computergame into a pinball machine.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Jonosborne:

So are you using force feedback alongside your SSF or do you use only SSF (contactors, shaker, knocker, gear motor, etc? That is another layer of immersion that marries nicely with SSF. I have them both and consider it all necessity!

It is SSF, Gear motor and shaker, no contactors. I had those in my previous Vpin but when using ThumpSSF and adjusting it just right it comes very close with just using SSF, so I decided to leave them out

#74 3 years ago

That’s great and saves quite a few outputs!

Quoted from ronaldvg:

It is SSF, Gear motor and shaker, no contactors. I had those in my previous Vpin but when using ThumpSSF and adjusting it just right it comes very close with just using SSF, so I decided to leave them out

#75 3 years ago

So did you guys use a donor cabinet or is it all newly built? Where do all the parts come from, is there a build list? Very curious about this

#76 3 years ago

This particular cabinet was a flat pack from another company that got built around, however I have had other machines in the past that were donor cabs. The best place to go for all your info is here:

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/index.html

I would recommend a budget of around $4000 for parts and that should lend itself to a pretty solid machine. I do have resources I can share for CNC cabinet plans that are standard size, but chances are you will need to tweak these slightly to your liking/CNc setup. It is a fantastic starting point!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So did you guys use a donor cabinet or is it all newly built? Where do all the parts come from, is there a build list? Very curious about this

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mine was a complete custom build. In that way I got the best fit for the monitor as opposed to a normal cab size. It is somehat less deep than a regular cabinet so there is no gap between the backbox and the top of the monitor.

If you are serious about building one, my advice would be to buy the best playfield monitor you can get. Mine has the Asus 43 inch 4K 120 Hz in it which is rather pricey but makes all the difference. Combine that with a good graphics card (RTX 2060 or better). Also the PC should be I5 9600 or up (Ryzen 7 or up).

If I would build a new one I would even see if I could fit the new LG CX 48 inch Oled somehow. It is only slightly wider than the Asus (in portrait). That would however also need one of the new nvidia 30xx cards to get to 4K 120 Hz, but man that would be something

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Mine was a complete custom build. In that way I got the best fit for the monitor as opposed to a normal cab size. It is somehat less deep than a regular cabinet so there is no gap between the backbox and the top of the monitor.
If you are serious about building one, my advice would be to buy the best playfield monitor you can get. Mine has the Asus 43 inch 4K 120 Hz in it which is rather pricey but makes all the difference. Combine that with a good graphics card (RTX 2060 or better). Also the PC should be I5 9600 or up (Ryzen 7 or up).
If I would build a new one I would even see if I could fit the new LG CX 48 inch Oled somehow. It is only slightly wider than the Asus (in portrait). That would however also need one of the new nvidia 30xx cards to get to 4K 120 Hz, but man that would be something

Thank you for the detailed response!

Hardware specs make sense - these videos have made it pretty clear that a super high refresh rate is critical.

So software is my next concern.. this type of setup begs for a Linux distribution based on specific hardware... but I see VPX only runs on Windows! I’m a Windows developer but it is a terrible O/S to base something like this on. How do you deal with the terrible boot times and update issues, not to mention the bloat. Do you just disable all updates?

#79 3 years ago

Like any Windows user you just get used to it! My PC boots in 5 seconds with NVME, so it’s never been a glaring issue for me!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hardware specs make sense - these videos have made it pretty clear that a super high refresh rate is critical.
So software is my next concern.. this type of setup begs for a Linux distribution based on specific hardware... but I see VPX only runs on Windows! I’m a Windows developer but it is a terrible O/S to base something like this on. How do you deal with the terrible boot times and update issues, not to mention the bloat. Do you just disable all updates?

#80 3 years ago

Also I keep Windows completely up to date on my v-pin with no issues!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

#81 3 years ago

I absolutely love my cab. I have had mine for 2 yrs now and wont go with out it. I recently upgraded my setup to a Sapphire 5700 gpu running in all 4K, I should have done that from the beginning. I have a 3 screen setup with 10 seimans contactors and Flipper Fidelity sound system. It is not a real pinball machine but its pretty damn close. Especially with the kl25z to nudge and bump the ball around. There are some seriously talented guys out there working ridiculous hours making the games as close as possible to the real thing.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Jonosborne:

Like any Windows user you just get used to it! My PC boots in 5 seconds with NVME, so it’s never been a glaring issue for me!

This sort of comment sends a chill down my spine! I have a box which crashes as soon as it gets an update. I think it's a driver issue, but I have yet to figure out which driver.. for what piece of hardware is causing the issue. I also have issues with really long bootup times, and bypassing the windows shell (my assumption is you guys aren't doing that, so this is moot). Anyway, this confirms my suspicions. Thanks for clarifying -

#83 3 years ago

I have spent time of a couple of really good ones and I just dont get the appeal.

yah you can play lots of titles but its nothing like real pinball...

I guess if you are just out to learn the rules of tons of games it would be a good way to do it.

Most everyone I know who ever got one ended up selling it off after a bit once the novelty wears off.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This sort of comment sends a chill down my spine! I have a box which crashes as soon as it gets an update. I think it's a driver issue, but I have yet to figure out which driver.. for what piece of hardware is causing the issue. I also have issues with really long bootup times, and bypassing the windows shell (my assumption is you guys aren't doing that, so this is moot). Anyway, this confirms my suspicions. Thanks for clarifying -

Sorry but there is something very wrong with that driver then . I am a systems Administrator it is my job to keep more than 400 Windows 10 PC's very much up to date, including my Vpin. The Vpin starts up in about 7 seconds and is working rocksolid. I even tested it by keeping it turned on and playing all kinds of tables all day from friday evening until sunday evening, never turned it off and it never missed a beat.

Time to do some serious debugging for you. If I would make a suggestion: just refresh Windows and reinstall. That is in my experience the quickest way. Reinstall of windows takes 5 minutes on a modern system.

By the way, for gaming there is at this time no better system than Windows 10.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I have spent time of a couple of really good ones and I just dont get the appeal.
yah you can play lots of titles but its nothing like real pinball...
I guess if you are just out to learn the rules of tons of games it would be a good way to do it.
Most everyone I know who ever got one ended up selling it off after a bit once the novelty wears off.

And this is exactly the problem with the reputation of the Virtual Pinball. You say you played a really good one, but a really expensive one from a commercial company is not equal to a really good one. My previous build also was "really good", until I built one that was just amazing (for less money by the way).

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Sorry but there is something very wrong with that driver then . I am a systems Administrator it is my job to keep more than 400 Windows 10 PC's very much up to date, including my Vpin. The Vpin starts up in about 7 seconds and is working rocksolid. I even tested it by keeping it turned on and playing all kinds of tables all day from friday evening until sunday evening, never turned it off and it never missed a beat.
Time to do some serious debugging for you. If I would make a suggestion: just refresh Windows and reinstall. That is in my experience the quickest way. Reinstall of windows takes 5 minutes on a modern system.

Exactly my point. I don't have the time to do the serious debugging on a machine which is supposed to be locked and the O/S read only. The logs are totally unclear as to what driver is causing the crash. Microsoft randomly decided my license was no longer good after I added a new data hard drive (NOT the O/S drive), and so I have to go through that whole Activation garbage again. Totally disagree that windows is a bug-free system. If you have Enterprise licensing (and therefore Enterprise $$$) they will help you out. If you're just a guy at home - no matter what you do at work - you're nothing to them. And this is coming from a Windows developer.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Exactly my point. I don't have the time to do the serious debugging on a machine which is supposed to be locked and the O/S read only. The logs are totally unclear as to what driver is causing the crash. Microsoft randomly decided my license was no longer good after I added a new data hard drive (NOT the O/S drive), and so I have to go through that whole Activation garbage again. Totally disagree that windows is a bug-free system. If you have Enterprise licensing (and therefore Enterprise $$$) they will help you out. If you're just a guy at home - no matter what you do at work - you're nothing to them. And this is coming from a Windows developer.

Fair enough and I will never ever say any system is bug free Also agree that Microsoft is no help whatsoever. I have a problem with their CSP program at the moment and even finding someone who knows what CSP means is becoming a challenge. The activation system is also very bad, they should drop that asap.

But Windows does work very reliable most of the time since Windows 10. Never seen a blue screen yet. Bluescreens still happen, I know, just not seen one yet in Windows 10 myself with all the systems that I maintain.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Fair enough and I will never ever say any system is bug free Also agree that Microsoft is no help whatsoever. I have a problem with their CSP program at the moment and even finding someone who knows what CSP means is becoming a challenge. The activation system is also very bad, they should drop that asap.
But Windows does work very reliable most of the time since Windows 10. Never seen a blue screen yet. Bluescreens still happen, I know, just not seen one yet in Windows 10 myself with all the systems that I maintain.

They still exist But I hear you! It's extremely far from and stable beyond where things were even a few years ago! (remember Vista... LOL). Good luck with CSP, it is still not very well defined. I work with all KINDS of vendors who absolutely should never have been certified IMO.

#89 3 years ago

That sounds like a nice v-pin. Do you have any other force feedback besides the contactors?

Quoted from RGarriott:

I absolutely love my cab. I have had mine for 2 yrs now and wont go with out it. I recently upgraded my setup to a Sapphire 5700 gpu running in all 4K, I should have done that from the beginning. I have a 3 screen setup with 10 seimans contactors and Flipper Fidelity sound system. It is not a real pinball machine but its pretty damn close. Especially with the kl25z to nudge and bump the ball around. There are some seriously talented guys out there working ridiculous hours making the games as close as possible to the real thing.

#90 3 years ago

Commercial v-pin companies put the lowest-cost parts in a machine and then sell for 4-5 times the price. On average a commercial pinball system puts $2000-2500 in parts in a machine and then sells it to you for $7000-8000. If you go this route you will know nothing about your machine and be severely disappointed in the long run.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

And this is exactly the problem with the reputation of the Virtual Pinball. You say you played a really good one, but a really expensive one from a commercial company is not equal to a really good one. My previous build also was "really good", until I built one that was just amazing (for less money by the way).

#91 3 years ago

My Windows runs pretty great also. The only issues I’ve had in the past are 7.1 sound issues and a few problems with the Pimax tool back when I had an 8k Plus. It seriously messed up Windows to the point of having to format and re-install several times!

Quoted from ronaldvg:

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Jonosborne:

That sounds like a nice v-pin. Do you have any other force feedback besides the contactors?

No not at this time. I would like to install a knocker and an rgb light set up, but havent got there yet.

#93 3 years ago

I would recommend a 12v gear motor also!

Quoted from RGarriott:

No not at this time. I would like to install a knocker and an rgb light set up, but havent got there yet.

5 months later
#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Jonosborne:

What is everyone’s stance on virtual pinball these days? I happen to think it’s developed quite well over the years and its increased immersion has made vast improvements with the introduction of high-end GPUs and 120 fps that pretty much depletes all sense of latency/input lag. Here is a video of my virtual pinball machine running Addams Family (one of the most graphic-intensive releases to date) running in native 4k 120 hz with maxed settings, powered by an RTX 3090. It has full force feedback including Siemens contactors for the flippers, slingshots and bumpers, a Stern shaker motor, a Data East replay knocker, RGB flashers, strobes, beacons, a fan, a gear motor, RGB underglow, a real plunger with analog nudging, a color display, 7.1 surround sound feedback with accurate ball tracking to emulate the psycho acoustics of a rolling ball and a real working coin door. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on virtual pinball as a whole. Enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What POV settings are you running on the tables on your pic? They look very good. I'm always trying to tweak mine to get the best possible view.

Thanks

9 months later
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

VR is the way to go. Would love to get a vrpinsim but hard to find with force feedback.....even if you pay someone to do it!

The problem with VR is that while immersive it sucks wearing a headset for longer then 5 minutes, I saw this as someone who built a VR pin sim to use along side an Oculus Quest. Being able to actually look around with your own eyes, having a beer, and playing with friends is why real pinball and full size virtual pinball (for this topic) will be superior to even the best VR experiences IMO. Plus there's the benefits of having a full size cabinet decked out with solenoids, motors, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Protection
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 159.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-in-4k-120-hz-with-an-rtx-3090/page/2?hl=briks-707 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.