Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jimjim66
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I just seen a couple ebay links for virtual pins in CA, while searching for pinball. That got me looking at all of ebay for "Virtual Pinball". It seems the higher end ones are built to order and don't have any actual finished product pics, but they have alot of watchers

7k for widebody setup with accessories - 30 watchers
    http://tinyurl.com/mhsnsoq

5k for standard body NO accessories - 11 watchers
    http://tinyurl.com/m67p87t

The 7k one seems to be the most watched, but I don't care for the backbox style.
    The 5k version, is only 37" without accessories.

I put mine on CL locally for 7.5k, open to trades, and haven't gotten any interest.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    Honestly, I did it to have anyone that was looking at local one, come and check out a "pimped" version.
    I seen another being advertised, and it really bugs me seeing him advertised his monitors as larger that what they are

I have more accessories: PDI glass, DMD Privacy Filter, knocker, bigger sub, playfield monitor, more RGB Flashers, dual shaker, etc... than even the 7k version.
    Is it crazy to think that if I put it on eBay, that I might be able to get 8k?

#2 10 years ago

If I could sell my Pinball 2k style for 3.2k I would be happy. Ledwiz and all.

#3 10 years ago

Those prices are insane.

I built a really nice VP, custom plywood widebody cabinet, shaker, RGS LEDs, full force feedback, two separate sound systems with subs for internal and external sounds effects, 1080p 46" playfield and 32" backbox screens, real DMD, nice PC that can handle any table, IJ shooter, etc etc. Cost me about $4500 to build. No freaking way I'd try and make a $3k+ profit off it, that's nuts. Frankly I'd sell it at cost.

I seriously doubt you're ever going to get any interest selling yours at 7.5k, but good luck.

#4 10 years ago

That is crazy expensive for a virtual pin, I would struggle to pay anywhere near $5k. Good luck though

#5 10 years ago

I was tossing around the idea of selling mine. Markmon made it and I would be looking to get $4200

7K and having to download everything and setup seems crazy.

That said it does look like it has the latest and greatest in Vpin tech.

GLWS

#6 10 years ago

Virtual pin is a project for the winter for me. Just have to finish the other projects I have ongoing..

Looks very pricey to me, but if you want buy and play, then that's what you pay.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I put mine on CL locally for 7.5k...

Honestly, I did it to have anyone that was looking at local one, come and check out a "pimped" version.

Yikes.... that's an unusual way to make friends

You should offer free shasta for anyone that comes by...

#8 10 years ago

Just being honest.

1. You never get what you put into a video pin. Time, money, etc....,

2. Like all electronics, things depreciate. The heart of a VP is the computer and television monitors and these are parts that lose value quickly. (i5 Haswell, newer nvidia, etc...)

3. VP are still getting new innovations, and as they develop, newer and better things are coming out, making even the newest cabs dated. Example: The virtua pin plunger kit so you can sync with the game plunger is new and cool. I don't see it on yours, or part of your listings.

4. New games are coming out that are going to be instep with cabs. Whomever buys one now is going to have to calibrate their system to maximize the new software, whereas a new machine should be optimized out of the box. Now that there are commercial games coming, Zen pinball, Pinball HD for PC, Pro Pinball and Hyperspin 2.0, the new owners are going to have to spend time getting these to work.

I see these as the opposite of real pins as innovation and parts bring the price down for a better product, while real pin prices will continue to climb costs wise using basically the same BOM or newer parts.

Aurich has his valued at 4.5k and I think his is as good if not better than yours.

GLWS

#9 10 years ago

Aurich's isn't for sale, is it?

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

I've never formally put it up for sale, no. I've considered it, just didn't really feel like dealing with the hassle. If someone made me an offer I'd probably consider it, truthfully I get more pleasure out of building cabinets than playing them. Maybe that's why it's not a big deal to not try and charge extra for the time put into it, that was the fun part.

Anyways, I just don't see the crazy high market for virtual pins, you gotta be willing to sell more reasonably or you're gonna sit on it is my opinion.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

I didn't say it was, I just said that is what he valued it at, and his is comparable if not better. I was only trying to give the OP a reference point for a price check because he said he is sitting on it. Here is why I said valued at:

Quoted from Aurich:

Cost me about $4500 to build. No freaking way I'd try and make a $3k+ profit off it, that's nuts. Frankly I'd sell it at cost.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Yikes.... that's an unusual way to make friends
    You should offer free shasta for anyone that comes by...

FWIW: I have a decent amount of pinhead friends. I have invited people over. The guy selling that I have a problem with is a flipper, who is lying about his setup. I know the community doesnt appreciate his untruthfull ways.

#14 10 years ago

They are an arcade company that has no clue how to setup a visual pinball machine. It has desktop tables in it now, They should be cabinet tables what a joke and to think someone would buy this..

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Just being honest.
    1. You never get what you put into a video pin. Time, money, etc....,
    2. Like all electronics, things depreciate. The heart of a VP is the computer and television monitors and these are r newer parts.
    Aurich has his valued at 4.5k and I think his is as good if not better than yours.
    GLWS

I understand your logic. The reality is there is a small demand for these from people that have no interest in building them. Do you think that the 7k build on ebay cost 7k to build? I would guess 4.5, but reality is he's been selling cabs for a long time and continues, because there is a demand. It appears, from the watchers, that there is a higher demand for a bigger and better setup.

BTW: I never tried comparing mine to Aurichs, but I believe his is way nicer than Jacks 7k ebay build.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I was tossing around the idea of selling mine. Markmon made it and I would be looking to get $4200
    7K and having to download everything and setup seems crazy.
    That said it does look like it has the latest and greatest in Vpin tech.
    GLWS

Your has the best 46" no input lag monitor I've ever seen. Pinball fx2 is out on steam now. You should get all that installed. Some pretty decent games on the steam version not present on the win 8 one.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I understand your logic. The reality is there is a small demand for these from people that have no interest in building them. Do you think that the 7k build on ebay cost 7k to build? I would guess 4.5, but reality is he's been selling cabs for a long time and continues, because there is a demand. It appears, from the watchers, that there is a higher demand for a bigger and better setup.

BTW: I never tried comparing mine to Aurichs, but I believe his is way nicer than Jacks 7k ebay build.

I know you were not comparing it to Aurichs, I was trying to help you price it, that is all. I only mentioned Aurich to get an apple to apple price comparison. It was not meant to be a slight. You wanted a price check to a pin that has your build quality and mods. Aurich is not selling but he priced his about what he thinks it is worth. I do think you should be compensated for your time, how much is a tough question.

The other thing about selling a pin that is already made, the person buying it can't put in their personal touches, pick their art, pick their mods, etc..., all that stuff cannot be understated.

I do know Jack from Ebay is about to change his video pins and is going to go to another level very quickly on his builds. He has reached out to people in the Hyperpin/video community, art community, and pinball community to improve his next model. I'm anxious to see these pins soon. (No, I personally don't know Jack, I just know the people he has contacted.)

Lastly, Ebay watchers are not buyers. Completed sales are buyers. I personally bookmark items by putting them on watch in case I ever need a reference. I think there is interest with the watchers, but the price is probably keeping them purchasing his too.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

...You wanted a price check to a pin that has your build quality and mods. Aurich is not selling but he priced his about what he thinks it is worth...

If it's not for sale, it really hasn't been priced. It's like saying I'd price my MM pin at $25k, but it's not for sale. Or it's like my MM pin's price is only $1500, but it's not for sale. An item actually doesn't have a price unless it is for sale. And "value" is another misused word. value = utility divided by cost (V=U/C). Aurich's vpin (if sold at $4500) would demonstrate a tremendous value. Other vpins for 5 grand with no force feedback or configured software.. not so much.

COrrectly stated, "If Aurich were to sell his vpin for a price equal to his material costs, it would demonstrate a fantastic value."

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

COrrectly stated, "If Aurich were to sell his vpin for a price equal to his material costs, it would demonstrate a fantastic value."

I will leave Aurich out of it, I only used what he said as a basis for trying to help the OP with a quote.

Boogies wants opinions on a price check.

I have a video pin that I bought for 1k. We share incredibly very similar art and cabinet shape, they could be brothers. For around 2k-2.5k more in parts it would be equal to the one being sold.

My estimate selling price for the pin is $4.5k. Hopefully Boogies gets more.

Since Boogies is actively selling it and it is not selling- 3 suggestions:

1. Expand the range so more buyers are aware of it being for sale. Ebay, expand CL area, etc...

2. Lower the price incrementally, if it keeps sitting.

3. Be a little more descriptive in the item as people unfamiliar with video pins might not understand what your features do and why they are better than the competitions.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

FWIW: The guy selling that I have a problem with is a flipper, who is lying about his setup. I know the community doesnt appreciate his untruthfull ways.

Just my opinion, but you're getting way too worked up with someone ELSES listing.... for something you don't even want to buy?

Who cares how many watchers his listing has?

If you are going to make competing posts to try to "save the world" from every ebay and craiglist posting you disagree with - you are going to:
    1. lose the battle and
    2. waste time better spent just doing-your-own-thing...

#21 10 years ago

If I messed up this thread I apologize, I wasn't trying to drag my cabinet into the middle of it.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If I messed up this thread I apologize, I wasn't trying to drag my cabinet into the middle of it.

No that was my fault. I kept interjecting your pin into the conversation.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-hyperpin-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.