Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A6CBEB48-9BEC-41A4-80E1-8FBEC7DC08F3 (resized).jpeg
    There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

I hope they don't EFF UP the presentations again. American pinball should be able to show their presentation again without it being screwed up.

#52 3 years ago

Any discount codes for pin blades?

#53 3 years ago

Where are the on-demand vids? Why not just have twitch save them automatically?

#54 3 years ago

I made a handy-dandy iCal calendar to share all of the start times for each session. You should get an alert at the start time for each one, and it should happen with your timezone accounted for.
    Let me know if this does not work for you:
    webcal://p41-caldav.icloud.com/published/2/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGgURNxUGptTfo3BDzpZ8gLYI7PC_VKtY5Ga8CO57pPwKCnpVwtrZYfu2BUrPItlos3Up_5e_6vcZXL_YkVX-_0

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

This is the 36th Pinball Expo, and I'm guessing that they figured everyone knows about it and knows to look at pinballexpo.com for info. They get publicity on pinballnews.com and thisweekinpinball.com, but forgot to put something on the Pinside events calendar. Many of the prominent podcasts mention Expo, and Expo has a Facebook presence. Even the trade magazine RePlay mentions Expo. I'd be interested to hear from anyone on this thread, not just highvoltage, where you look for information about upcoming pinball events and would have expected to see a notice about Expo XXXVI.
    .................David Marston

I'm guessing most people know group events are not going on, and don't go much beyond that assumption. 200 viewers seems low to me.

I'm surprised someone associated with it doesn't at least post a daily schedule here.

#56 3 years ago

Looks like some interesting stuff today! Tune in!

https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo

FRIDAY'S SCHEDULE

3:00 PM (EST)- VIRTUAL EXPO KICKOFF DAY #3

4:00 PM (EST) - ROCKET CITY PINBALL: Rejuvenating Your Playfield

4:30 PM (EST) - GREAT AMERICAN PINBALL: Black & White Twilight Zone

5:00 PM (EST)- PROJECT PINBALL

6:00 PM (EST)- MAKING OF THE BEATLES WITH JOE KAMINKOW AND GEORGE GOMEZ

7:00 PM (EST)- DUTCH TREAT: NATE SHIVERS interviews BARRY DRIESSEN and MORE

8:00 PM (EST)- JERSEY JACK PINBALL: Guns N Roses

9:00 PM (EST)- TODD TUCKEY'S TNT AMUSEMENTS: Special Expo Edition

10:00 PM (EST)- THE HOMEBREW VIDEO HOUR PRESENTATION #1

11:00 PM (EST)- VIRTUAL EXPO DAY #3 WRAP UP With Rob, Dave and Jeff

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Where are the on-demand vids? Why not just have twitch save them automatically?

Are their going to be replays or vids uploaded to youtube ect.?

#58 3 years ago

Kind of funny, this topic isn't sticky'd but the "Dutch Treat" presentation one is, ha...

#59 3 years ago

I know discs are old hat, but some DVD boxsets of this and previous Expos might sell very well

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

I hope they don't EFF UP the presentations again. American pinball should be able to show their presentation again without it being screwed up.

If mikepin were still involved, none of these issues would have happened.

#61 3 years ago

Noted IT guru.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If mikepin were still involved,

I hope next year Mike can be at his table right inside the door.

LTG : )

#63 3 years ago

Complete video of Dutch Treat

Complete video of Sector 8 - Black Knight 2000

#64 3 years ago

So did I hear it right, Jersey Jack just got inducted into the Pinball Hall of Fame?

#65 3 years ago

Damn i missed dutch treat. What happen?

Edit just seen the video uploaded

#66 3 years ago

Todd Tuckey in the pinball hall of fame!

#67 3 years ago

Virtual Pinball Expo bump! Today looks like the BIG day.

I already missed the kickoff on the west coast, but plenty more coming: check off your favorite and don't forget to tune in!

https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo

SATURDAY'S SCHEDULE

9:00 AM (EST) - VIRTUAL EXPO KICKOFF DAY #3 CARTOON HOUR

10:00 AM (EST) - COFFEE TECH TALK w/RON COON & SCOTT SHERIDAN

11:00 AM (EST) - MIKE SORENSEN: PINBALL TALK

12:00 PM (EST) - TILT "The Sweet Science of Pinball" w/Marc Greene

1:00 PM (EST) - DISCUSSING PINBALL PODCASTS with FINAL ROUND

2:00 PM (EST) - HAGGIS PINBALL

2:30 PM (EST) - PINBALL ARCADE 80's with OSCAR TEROL

3:00 PM (EST)- Homebew Pinball Presentation #2

4:00 PM (EST)- JOHN BORG: And Now (((The BORG)))

5:00 PM (EST)- PINBALL INSIDER with DAVE FIX *News from the Pinball World*

6:00 PM (EST)- STEVE RITCHIE "THE ATARI YEARS" Hosted by JACK DANGER

7:00 PM (EST)- STERN PINBALL VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE: Hosted by JACK DANGER and Featuring GARY STERN

8:00 PM (EST)- TRENT AUGENSTEIN'S TILT AMUSEMENTS ALL ACCESS TOUR

9:00 PM (EST)- PINBALL TRIVIA LIVE

10:00 PM (EST) - PINBALL GAME PLAY AND VARIOUS PINBALL VIDEOS

11:00 PM (EST) - VIRTUAL EXPO SHOW WRAP UP With Rob, Dave and Jeff

#68 3 years ago

Just a quick update, Project Pinball will be featured after John Borg at 4:00 PM (EST) for those interested in checking it out.

#69 3 years ago

Tune into the pinball insider show at 5. Where rob berk reveals the new pinball Expo location.

#70 3 years ago

Wish I could be there in person, had such a great time last year! See you all in person next year hopefully!
    I put together this video of stuff I would have brought to my booth. Thanks for watching!

#71 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone for putting this virtual expo together. This was to be my first in person expo, but I have to say that I'm enjoying this version a lot. Love all the interesting talk and videos. Can't wait to meet many of you next year. I hope others can forgive some of the technical glitches... So many things to orchestrate. Reminds me of pinball in general... If it ain't broke, it ain't pinball! Stuff happens. Thanks again everyone!

#72 3 years ago

The Stern tour was great, it’s amazing how much of the work is done by hand.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The Stern tour was great, it’s amazing how much of the work is done by hand.

Glad you liked it!

#74 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the streams. Thanks to all involved.

#75 3 years ago

It hit me last night during the interview with Steve; how special this moment is. 2020 has been a turbulent year. Truly fortunate to experience those who have lived and breathed this industry. The games that followed between Gary and Jack felt even more precious. Reviewing the interviews, homebrews, inductees, photos, walkthroughs and future plans. Simply, WOW! I'm thankful to everyone involved and hope future generations have access to Virtual Pinball Expo 2020. What a Great Weekend!

#76 3 years ago

Really enjoyed watching Friday and Saturday, great job! I do hope that this will be uploaded to YouTube, so that we can go back and enjoy it again in the future!

#77 3 years ago

Thank you for uploading the streams. I was able to catch up with several sessions I missed. Thanks to all presenters, wow what great stuff!

#78 3 years ago

I watched with my wife from about 6pm all the way through the end on Saturday night. So good. Tons of funny moments in the Steve Ritchie interview, the tilt amusements segment, and the pinball trivia was so fun.

#79 3 years ago

Really enjoyed it.
    Anyone have the email for this years souvenir pack? Figure I can support the cause and looks like a lot of ppl really put in the effort this year.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Really enjoyed it.
    Anyone have the email for this years souvenir pack? Figure I can support the cause and looks like a lot of ppl really put in the effort this year.

[email protected]

This is the email address they said to use. Let them know what T-Shirt size you need.

#82 3 years ago

The Virtual Expo was terrific this year...and the first to be offered to our pinball community who have been robbed of our In Person Pinball Shows this year. The live events were all recorded and preserved for viewing later too. I have attached our one hour Program we made just for the Expo--the overhaul from soup to nuts of a Bally Cybernaut and shows alot of our techniques to make the older games more dependable. Please watch and comment! I also was thrilled to be told at the end of the original airing Friday ngiht Oct 16th that I was inducted into the Pinball Hall Of Fame...making me very proud! Todd N. Tuckey

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

The Virtual Expo was terrific this year...and the first to be offered to our pinball community who have been robbed of our In Person Pinball Shows this year. The live events were all recorded and preserved for viewing later too. I have attached our one hour Program we made just for the Expo--the overhaul from soup to nuts of a Bally Cybernaut and shows alot of our techniques to make the older games more dependable. Please watch and comment! I also was thrilled to be told at the end of the original airing Friday ngiht Oct 16th that I was inducted into the Pinball Hall Of Fame...making me very proud! Todd N. Tuckey

Very nice video, was not expecting the cameo by Otaku at the end. Loved the illuminated flipper button idea, will have to give that a try myself.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Well deserved Todd, well deserved!!!!

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Cool, I jumped in towards the middle of your video. Thanks for posting.

1 week later
    #86 3 years ago

Has anyone received their shirt and mask yet?

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-expo/page/2?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.