Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdbthree.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2440 3 years ago

++ on the 4K 120Hz. Built my cab 7 years ago; high-end build (for the time), complete with full force feedback setup, pinDMD (the original!), etc.

Decided to upgrade the guts to be able to explore PinUp, move to 4K, and try to get rid of the slight lag that was still present.

Was lucky enough to score a Nvidia 3080. But I tried to save a few bucks with a Samsung 8000U 4K 60 Hz TV. Even with one of the beefiest GPU’s on the market, ball movement was still not natural. Upgraded tonight to an ASUS PG43U. The different is UNBELIEVABLE. My wife and daughters were blown away (none of them care much about the hobby, for the record. But: the difference was that obvious).

Realize it’s a big chunk of $$$$’s. But: IMO: totally worth it.

As others have said, the Harry Potter and Stranger Things PinPlayer tables are genius. And: I don’t always like PinPacks playing over classic games. But: for some they really shine (eg Indians Jones TPA).

1 year later
    #3188 1 year ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Question for everyone... Just curious, what displays are you all using for your playfield? My last attempt at a virtual pin cab, the latency between flipper button press, and actual flip was too much. I tried switching out PCs, different encoders, tried the Virtuapin plunger/encoder, and the latency was still present, so I'm thinking it must be the LG TV I was using. I even had the TV in game mode which is supposed to reduce latency, but that didn't work.

I upgraded my rig to an ASUS 4K gaming monitor w/ 120HZ refresh. Makes a HUGE difference. Also have a Nvidia 3080 GPU and high-end PC; overkill possibly, but: makes even the most demanding tables run silky smooth.

9 months later
    #3650 11 months ago

I owned TNA for years and loved it. Only sold because I needed the spot for The Big Lebowski. As someone who has spent a ton of hours with the game, can say with 1000% confidence that VPW *crushed* this one. So so good.

8 months later
    #3931 85 days ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I couldn't help myself. I'm really getting into my VPin cab but the main display was driving me a little crazy. A several year old 40" LCD HD screen with a fairly wide border. After days of searching, turns out nobody is currently producing a 40" 4K monitor which is the current size. Most everyone is producing 43" and the physical dimensions just don't fit my cabinet.
    This weekend, I came across the LG OLED 42-Inch 4K 120hz TV with gaming mode. Even thought it is 42", the dimensions are nearly the same as my current 40" monitor, so I thought it might work (I would have to remove the back housing). I really didn't want to drop the $1000+ on it, but I came across a renewed model for a couple of hundred off. Since there were only a couple left, I figured I'd pull the trigger and send it back if I didn't like it.
    The only word I have to describe how it looks is "Wow!". Right now I have everything still running in 1080P but even that looks so much more amazing. The colors are so much richer, the blacks deeper, and the motion smoother. With my current video card I can convert over to 4K 60hz, but that's going to take some reconfiguration of everything, so I'll save it for another day. I'll need a new video card to get 4K at 120hz, but at least I'm ready for the future if/when I decide to take that plunge.

4K 120 Hz is 1000% worth the plunge. Zero lag and phenomenal visuals.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdbthree.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=wdbthree and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.