Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stefanmader.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3423 1 year ago

So is this then the stern iron maiden?
    I have to say i really don't like it when the title of the table is the exact name of a real existing pinball machine but is a different game... So to recreate a stern table is difficult for technical and legal reasons etc.. And everytime i find a new vpx table like godzilla... I get excited, but then it is a different game.

Maybe a good vpx creation! That is awesome, but i really would love it if the creators find a different name when it's not the real life machine.

How do other people feel about this?

2 weeks later
    #3452 1 year ago

hey looks awesome!
    what kind of lockbar is that? is it metal? it looks smaller than standard pinball size.

#3454 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

It *was* a 70’s Gtb lockdown bar with what seems like a bullet hole in the middle. I got my son to cut the damaged section out and re-weld together at the correct size for my project. It was chrome plated but it got sandblasted for the welding. I was planning on painting it anyway so removed plating doesn’t matter to me.
    I don’t have a good pic of the bar prior but here’s one anyway.
    [quoted image]

What a story , that is really cool!

#3457 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

IIRC There was gummed up residue on it which is why it got sandblasted completely. Here’s a few more pics from my son that show what was done:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

4 weeks later
    #3508 1 year ago

Holy hell. broken PC in my virtual pinball - Story

maybe you find that interesting.
    so a few days ago, the pc in my virtual pinball broke down. I have visual pinball with about 270 tables running. i think everbody knows the konfiguration of that all is very time consuming...
    so i was not amused at all, when the pc just wouldn't start anymore.

so i checked a few things to rule errors out.
    disconnected the power switch, and tried to start the pc by just connecting the pins without a switch.
    used a different power supply
    took out the ram and graphics card
    disconnected every periphial

so i came to the conclusion it must be the mainboard, or cpu.
    ordered a new mainboard which is compatible with all the other components for 50 euros.. still the pc wouldn't start.
    looked for a new cpu....found that the mainboard is to old to get a new cpu that is compatible and does not cost 400 euros.... what the...

well then i just grabbed a pc i had laying around, not as good as the old one, but worth a try.

hooked it up. used my existing graphicscard of the virtual pinball, connected the ssd drive.
    Started and after some automatic repair, everything started normal and i could play virtual pinball. Hurray.

Just a small story with a happy end

#3512 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

You should back up your SSD. Do not trust hard drives. Back them up ASAP. Trust me.
    You can easily make an image of a disk with Acronis, or any other disk image tool.

Already done , have a backup ssd all of my homebrews and for the virtual pin. Boy i do not want to have to redo everything when something breaks.. Acronis rules

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stefanmader.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=stefanmader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.