Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shakenbake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 9 years ago

Primer then light sand is best

#161 9 years ago

If you want a perfectly smooth finish on your graphic then I would use a flat primer applied with a foam roller followed by a light sand and then apply the graphic. We did 50 or so this way before switching to factory pre-primed plywood.

1 month later
    #172 9 years ago

We've experimented with a lot of options and this one seems best. When Kinect head tracking is implemented on some future builds this angle will prove to be best. I hear your point though Markmon.

#175 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't expect kinect head tracking to *ever* be implemented in pinball fx2.

Unless there is an unforeseen compatibility issue this will be happening very soon. Zen & Microsoft Gaming both have one of our machines in R&D right now.

#178 9 years ago

A few pics of the new TWD mini.

image-199.jpgimage-199.jpg image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg image-107.jpgimage-107.jpg
    #181 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Any of you guys willing to give some specs/dimensions/plans on your builds? I'm contemplating building one...I would buy one, but (call me cheap) I can save a few hundred bucks by just doing it myself. Besides, I'd rather get the experience of building it and piecing it together. The computer part isn't hard, it's just the cabinet and monitor setup that I'm trying to figure out.

Ours are CNC cut so there's not a plan per say. I'd recommend hitting up mameman on the Hyperspin forum and see if he will make you a flat pack.

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Has Pinball Arcade for PC updated to allow the DMD on a 2nd monitor yet?

Not that I have seen

2 weeks later
    #265 9 years ago

We have 1 Zombie Madness demo machine available for sale. It's in perfect shape and was only used for 2 trade shows. Full size machine loaded with Pinball FX2 and ready for all the VP tables you want. $3995 + shipping.

image-753.jpgimage-753.jpg
    #269 9 years ago

DMD image just shows up between loading games.

9 months later
    #373 9 years ago

Not sure where you live but if you plan to attend any upcoming shows on the eastern half of the US there is a good chance we will be there with a full lineup of Virtual machines for you to try out. This weekend is Kalamazoo followed by Pinfest in Allentown, PA. We also just added the new Pintastic New England to our show lineup and will be at Chicago & York again this fall. We offer huge show special discounts during all the pinball shows. Check us out a VPcabs.com

We also have a few distributors out west as well.

Quoted from Heretic_9:

I know practically zilch about virtual pinball, but am curious to learn, so I expect to read through this thread when I have time. (If there have been other good threads here on the subject, please feel free to point them out.) What I've seen of virtual so far is limited to one or two virtual tables at PHOF, which seem to have always been turned OFF when I've been there -- for whatever reasons.
    Just in browsing various listings on eBay, I'm seeing quite a price spread, for example:
    ebay.com link » Virtual Pinball Machine Arcade Game Ultimate Super Pin Mid Size Hyperpin Capable
    ebay.com link » Virtuapin Tm Ultra Widebody 47 Virtual Pinball Machine
    ebay.com link » 39 28 Virtual Pinball Table With Force Feedback Real Pinball Dmd Display
    I'm particularly interested to read comments on what is the current state of the art with virtual, how close can it come to the real thing and where does it fall short, what are the reliability and maintenance issues, and who are the leading manufacturers or custom builders ? Re the game software you download to equip a virtual table, is most of it paid for or is it free ? Perhaps much of that info is already here . . . .
    Besides being a bit skeptical about this, I guess I'm too much of a purist to think this can ever be a serious replacement, but I *can* imagine it being a good supplement to a collection. There are only so many pins you can have access to, and for many of us it would never be enough.

#386 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

You guys are blowing up the scene. Love the mini design you have, wish I would have bought one of yours before building mine... still love mine, but really nice work on yours

Wow!! Thanks for the kind words. 6 shows in 8 weeks is crazy but we are having a blast and playing lots of pinball.

#397 9 years ago

We've built them both ways but almost everyone prefers them sunk in. Of the past few hundred built only 2 were flush at the top. Here's a video of our best seller.

#402 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

Great info!
    That cab really nice.
    Are you going to be at Southern Fried Game Room Expo?

We just sent them an email yesterday!! If they have room for us we will be there.

#405 9 years ago

We are currently using 9. I can't wait till 10 is 100% ready!!

#415 9 years ago

NextoPin be sure to stop by our booth and say hi. It's great to meet new Pinsider's at the shows!!

#417 9 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

shakenbake it was great playing one of your machines at MGC, always wanted to try Theatre of Magic out on one.

Thanks!! We had a great time at MGC!!

3 months later
    #468 8 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I don't suppose anyone near Sioux Falls, SD has a virtual pin I could play?
    I have been thinking about getting one for a long time but would really like to play one first.

We're work on getting some dealers out your way. What are some of the close big cities to you?

2 months later
    #701 8 years ago

You can get a kit from zebsboards.com

2 weeks later
    #747 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Played the virtual pins at the booth in the York show, but man, couldn't deal with the slight flipper lag after hitting the flipper button. Don't like those crazy scrolling pinball FX games either, I just want to play real world pins that are emulated, but lag kills it for me.

They we're our pins. We rarely hear anyone complain of lag. Pudluther has one of the very same machines we take to the shows. We try and keep the Pinball FX2 games on a fixed camera view but people change them all of the time at the shows.

3 months later
    #1188 8 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Does anyone have one of these for sale in the Twin Cities area?

What are you looking for? We ship our machines anywhere in the US. We will also be at MGC with machines to sell.

1 week later
    #1257 8 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I would like to try out a fully loaded to see what there is to offer. Too bad they're not readily available to try out. As for "pincab" is that a brand or just a ref to a VP table?
    I might end up selling one of mine (likely not the GnR) and buying a VP. I only have room for 2....
    I still can't get over though how much these tables are. I build PCs and know it's a joke to pay for what is needed to run these tables. Otherwise, tvs (which they basically give away) and wood? Seems like you're paying for labor, configuration and wiring which I get (hardware for the feedback isn't expensive at all) but the fully loaded seems to sell for 6-8+k which seems crazy. Too bad they're not more reasonable but it is what it is.....

VPcabs will have a large selection of machines at Allentown and ReplayFX this year. Stop by and try them out!!

#1266 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! Yes our machines are expensive, probably the most expensive out there. The equipment, design work and people it takes to run a business like this isn't cheap. We take great pride in our warranty & customer service(also not cheap). In 3 years we've never charged anyone for service or tech support. Every dime of profit has gone back into the business to help us grow and improve every aspect of what we do. We love pinball and have amazing customers!! Couldn't ask for much better.

1 week later
    #1317 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phod:

Anyone know of any virtual pins for sale? Thanks!

We have machines for sale from $2495 and up!!

#1319 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phod:

I'll email you this week with questions, thanks!

Sounds good. Thanks!

1 month later
    #1424 8 years ago

Lots of friends here in this thread so I'll share the good news. VPcabs will be on ABC's Shark Tank later this season!!

#1426 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phod:

Haha wow seriously? I assume then that the episode was already filmed?

Correct

#1435 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phod:

Wait lol was it really April fools? Say it isn't so

It's no joke!

#1452 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phod:

Vp cabs, any idea when the episode will air?

Yes we know. Will announce soon

2 weeks later
    #1465 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
    #1490 7 years ago
    Quoted from JimmyV23:

Kinda like I expected it was one guy that wanted to take a shot in the dark on it. So.. as they were saying on the show it now sounds like that basically VP cabs is going to be now made by Damon's people and the VP crew are just going to be going around to trade shows. So.. what was the last number plate for a VP cab made by the original crew or is that yet to happen? Just sort of wondering, cause obviously having an "original" VP cabs cab will likely mean something to some people. Nice going guys.. hopefully 3 months from now they aren't on Beyond the tank talking about how to keep it afloat.

We did close our deal with Daymond but he will not be making machines. That was just an off the cuff thought that made it on the show. We will still be making all machines in house. We do hope to get on Beyond The Tank. More free advertising is always good. Running a new business isn't always easy and the show loves to focus on that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shakenbake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=shakenbake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.