Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sf2pinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2866 2 years ago

I just got my first virtual pin from recroomworld. Roland is a really great guy and super responsive/helpful. The turnaround from ordering to receiving my machine was around 4 months or so. They have an awesome designer that helps with the artwork if you want a custom wrap. I've been playing it nonstop since I got it, way more than my zeppelin and R&M. I went with a green a yellow beach boys pet sounds theme and it's a super sharp looking machine. The gameplay is really fun, albeit not the same as a mechanical pin. You have to go into it with the mindset that it will be different but the variety and features of the machine really make up for it. Hope this helps and happy to answer any other questions.

Quoted from Chimmen:

Hi all, specially you people that know stuff about Virtual Pinball. I’ve just started to look for a machine. Hade few normal pinballs before. But got no space, or just little space. So I thought, maybe a virtual pinball machine would be great. I’ve been looking arround the internet and YouTube. And found two machines that got me interested, one is from Australia. Company called Retro Play. And they have a awesome machine called Adrenalin. And then I’ve seen a machine from the Us. From a company called Recroomworld.com and have a nice looking machine Called Ultra VP. Anyone here know anything about these machines? Tested them? Which one you think is the better? Or maybe you guys know a even better machine? And for the record, I don’t have the time, or skill to build my own machine, I had a VP 4 years ago, from China, it sucked, no real feel at all.I have owned a few real pinballs to. But Maybe the VP machines are better now? Or still big difference from the real pinball machines? Any help is great full. Thanks from Sweden.

image_50439937 (resized).JPGimage_50439937 (resized).JPGimage_6483441 (resized).JPGimage_6483441 (resized).JPGimage_67179777 (resized).JPGimage_67179777 (resized).JPG
    #2869 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

For 8295.00 plus tax you could have all those lights too. Looks like it needs shorter legs,, Wonder why the shooter rod was placed there

I'm 6'9" so I wish it was even taller!

#2870 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Sf2Pinhead for the Review. I have a question to ask you. I would like to know since the machine comes with a hardDrive with the software and pinball tables installed. are you able to do updates to the drive? since there is new tables coming out or updates to tables which seems to be on a daily basis. also did you buy the machine with all the extra lighting and the Topper?

I believe they have an online update system. Honestly, it's at my weekend place so I've only gotten to mess with it for a few days. I'll be getting into all the bells and whistles this weekend. I got all the options (lights, topper, etc.). It's an extremely well built machine.

#2874 2 years ago

Recroomworld provides support and updates etc...The price is obv high but you get what you pay for. The entire build is top quality from the cpu and components to screens/buttons/legs. If you don't want to buy one you def don't have to. For me to spend 7.5k for some random dude to build one and take a year to do it, vs spending 9k and getting tech support and full customization I'll take that any day. I don't post much and was literally just trying to help someone who was making a decision on what model to get. I'm having a great time with mine and somehow I can still pay all my bills! go figure?!

anti-troll rant over -

Quoted from delt31:

Reading this thread and seeing the prices being charged for these "ultra" VP machines is borderline sickening. The upcharge for these machines is ridiculous since the games being played on them are free and not a product of their own (nor should they be sold as such). It's bad enough what is happening with the NIB prices of real games but at least they're creating the experience themselves. These guys are just building a template cab and then using the work of others to actually make it desirable.
    Do yourself a favor and ask around the community to find someone to pay to build this. I'm sure the charge would be much cheaper vs. these ripoffs online. Majority of these guys use displays and GPUs that are subpar on top of it.
    Rant over -

#2878 2 years ago

“Not here to go back and forth” right…

I built my first mame cabinet over 20 years ago and it’s no easy feat. What’s this “scam” you speak of for us naive folks? That they are overpriced? I think a lot of people on these boards assume no one has a life outside of message boards and pinball machines. The time cost and headaches to make one myself would be astronomical. So the scam is what exactly? You want people to source virtual pins from independent producers who can make them a little cheaper? I don’t get it.

Bottom line, the thing is super fun and lights up the room. If you have the disposable income and want one, buy it! If not, don’t! Super easy decision folks.

Quoted from delt31:

I've built these things - it is as bad as it seems. Price is so ridiculous - they are feeding on the folks who clearly have no idea.
    Dual 3080's are not 5k. That is my point. Even with the market crazy, they are not 5k for two. See below - and there are a ton more. 1500 max for new? 3k at most and that's just blindly on ebay.
    ebay.com link: itm
    Not here to go back and forth - I know I'm right. I just feel bad for the folks who have no idea about virtual (likely 80% of the people buying them) and they spend 9k. Complete BS and trying to help them avoid being scammed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sf2pinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=sf2pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.