Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

I've wondered why there's no option to add a "virtual pin" to your pinside collection profile

We really are the red headed step children of Pinside

Sorry to anyone with red hair

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I asked Robin about this a year ago. he said no as they aren't real machines.

Neither are a half dozen preorders that haven't been made lol

6 months later
    #213 9 years ago

TPA can suck it

Never gonna see legit full screen from them

#227 9 years ago

I'm putting this into an old Time Fantasy cabinet

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic-39-class-38-1-2-diag--led-1080p-60hz-hdtv/3621011.p?id=1219092581808&skuId=3621011&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=11

Might buy the monitor tomorrow

Just gonna install PinballFX2 as I agree with Markmon... On everything but the Metallica Newton ball

#232 9 years ago

Well I bought the 1080p slim bezel 39" Panasonic LED

It fits without de-casing so that's reeeeally good news.

I'm stoked. Gonna have a sweet ass PinballFX cabinet soon!

image-189.jpgimage-189.jpg
    #234 9 years ago

I had a lot of fun in the 90's so I'm not likely to notice a televisions input lag that exceeds my brain lag

Is lag really a problem these days? For some reason I thought that was behind us like rainbow DLP's or misaligned CRT images.

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't agree. I think you'll notice. Pinball is an instant reaction game so if you go flip and find your shots late, that's lag. And a really powerful PC with nice video card can have great frame rates but still show input lag.

Well shit

How do I discover a TV's input lag? It that like the response time?

#240 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Unfortunately, it's not the same. Can you take the monitor you bought, install pinball fx2, set the max prerendered frames to 1, and test. If it plays well and lag seems ok, build your cabinet around it. If not, return it and get another and repeat. Don't forget to set game mode on the monitor.

My office PC isn't suited for gaming

The PC for this project is but I can't find my MB driver disc & still need to load the OS

Looks like I need to get the PC loaded up instead of drinking rum & smoking cigars on my ipad lol.

So put the TV on game mode & set PinballFX to Frame1. Anything else for this initial test besides sobriety?

#242 9 years ago

Word, thanks man.

OS is 27% right now...

#244 9 years ago

N460GTX

Bought it 2 years ago when I decided to build a LCD pin that I never built lol.

Hope it works

Downloading PinballFX on the fresh OS now. Updated all MB drivers & bout to load GPU drivers.

image-910.jpgimage-910.jpg

#246 9 years ago

Everything works great. No lag on the TV that I could notice & I tried lol. PC was butter smooth too.

Now I just have to build the damn thing

image-699.jpgimage-699.jpg image-323.jpgimage-323.jpg
    #252 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

This is one of my favorite tables as well. There are only a few I just can't stand (some of the Star Wars tables are terrible). Still trying to convince myself to just buy them all right now at 50% off, but I'm hoping they go on flash sale and hit 75% at some point...

I like the newest batch of SW tables like droids & etc but gotta agree half of the total SW collection = turds.

Man I enjoyed the shit out of the Rome table. LOVE it! Maybe that's just because I watch a lot of documentaries

I'm just gonna buy all the tables while they're 50% off. Prolly today. I'm sure my daughter & nieces/nephews will enjoy the ones I don't. So buy the tables nicoga, make it rain

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I really enjoy the pinball fx table Epic Quest, give it a try, it's worth playing for a bit

Will do mang

------

Edit: bought em all. Only picked one of the soccer tables tho as they're all the same but with a different color scheme. I went with the black/white accented one that starts with a "J" or something because it matched the black/white of the soccer ball in play. I'm not into sports so I don't know who the F those teams are.

I played some VP last night & the physics cannot compare to PinballFX. However I still have a soft spot for VP & love what people have created so I will prolly load both when I get around to it. Problem is it's just such a long drawn out PITA to get VP going so I'm in no rush for that endless shit... First world problems

1 year later
    #773 8 years ago

F TPA

Those bitches promised portrait mode years ago

No worries, PinballFX is KILLING it lately & they offer cabinet support.

Incomplete Stern games running on incomplete TPA?

No thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.