Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1493 7 years ago

Quick pic of my cab, next to my mame machine. Finished the cab a couple months ago, have about 20 of the best vp10 tables, analog nudge, pinballx front-end.

Really just fueled my desire for a real pin. Shopping now... I'm hoping maybe one good real pin, plus the virtual pincab will do the trick. My wife is not on board for additional machines, LOL.

Cab-11_(resized).jpgCab-11_(resized).jpg

Cab-10_(resized).jpgCab-10_(resized).jpg

1 month later
    #1519 7 years ago

Yeah, Pinballx plays a "sure plays a mean pinball" audio clip by default, at least the versions I've had did.

I didn't think it did full on auto updates, but I have had it phone home and detect a new update, and give me messages that my current version was outdated/expired and required an update to function. That "feature" pissed me off, but a quick update resolved and no impact on the existing config...

3 weeks later
    #1532 7 years ago

I upgraded to Win10 last week on mine with no major problems. I think the free upgrade period expires this month, so if you think you want it, now may be the time. Did have to re-install newest video drivers, as couldn't open the nvidia control panel after the Win10 upgrade though.

No obvious impact on pinballx nor VP outright though.

Some of the task tray pop-ups notices are more annoying in 10...

3 weeks later
    #1557 7 years ago

Just got done adding basic force feedback to my cab. Consisting of a Sainsmart 8ch 12v relay board, and 8-12v solenoids. Hacked a mini atx 300w power supply I had to run it. I think all told it was under $130 ish or so with miscellaneous wire, diodes, etc.

Adding this was a fantastic upgrade and really breathed new life into the virtual cab for me. Highly recommend any of you guys that don't have at least a basic setup like this already to add it. I imagine a shaker would be worthwhile too...

2 months later
    #1634 7 years ago

I've got an 8 solenoid setup for force feedback in my cab using DOF, which is basically the bare bones setup. The feedback definitely takes the cab to another level, highly recommend adding it. Not sure what the output limit is, but it's over 64 leds/solenoids/motors, maybe way over...

6 months later
    #1817 6 years ago

If anyone is in the Atlanta area and looking for a virtual pincab, I'm selling mine, $1750 obo: atlanta.craigslist.org link

Custom build, not quite full size (standard width, but built to the length of the playfield screen, smaller backbox), and not as nicely finished as a commercial VPCab or similar, but it is fully setup and ready to go with VPX and the best tables, force feedback, analog nudge, etc, for a fraction of the cost of a commercial unit...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.