Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2540 3 years ago

Hello everyone!
    I bought an HP Reverb G2 headset and am really impressed with the FX2 VR tables! I want to build a pinsim cab with some SSF and a couple contactors for the flippers as well as a shaker and real knocker. Planning on running the Visual Pinball X tables for VR. Given that my cab will only be 17.5 inches deep, I see no point in installing four transducers for SSF, but rather two and a bass exciter. So my question is, how will this work? By using splitter cables to combine the signals going to left and right exciters? Also, I assume that I would have to switch audio cards for non pinball tasks?
    Thanks..

Added over 3 years ago:

Solved..

1 week later
    #2552 3 years ago

Here is my stubby design below for a VR pincab to go with my HP Reverb G2 headset. It will have SSF (surround sound feedback) and a couple contactors for the flippers. Maybe a real knocker and shaker too. I'm going with the Pinscape Lite expansion board. I'll run the VRLauncher menu system (see below) to launch Visual Pinball X VR tables. I'll also play the FX2 VR tables.

I'll also have a 32 inch 1440 pivoting display on the wall for FX3 tables and other games. My computer will sit below on the base of this cab. BTW, that is a 4/8 way stick in the top of cab. It looks like a red button because I don't know how to make a joy stick.
    Finished Cab (resized).pngFinished Cab (resized).pngFinished Cab 3 (resized).pngFinished Cab 3 (resized).png
    Finished Cab 4 (resized).pngFinished Cab 4 (resized).png

1 month later
    #2591 2 years ago

Quoted from Meisterjim:Ok guys here is my best work I ever done, my new Ulta high end VPin in Iron Maiden Design
    Enjoy
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 month later
    #2627 2 years ago

We would need to see the specs on computer components, displays and other hardware like the force feedback if any? But beautiful cab for sure!!

#2635 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I would have been impressed if it had a bigger display like the Stern machines . cool machine . but don't need all the extra lighting .

That's a pretty new feature that came about after this was built. But I agree.

2 weeks later
    #2644 2 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

Anyone else able to register for virtualpinballdownload.com? Tried multiple times but never get an email back to set a password

I just signed up and got in right away just now!

1 month later
    #2657 2 years ago

I like Virtual pinball for learning the table rules. But it's a video game and still fun. I own real pinball for pinball. There is no substitute.

#2659 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

you could probably argue, though, that with increasing resources put into video graphics and complex rules that pinball is trying to be more and more like video gaming. Rather than a joystick, you have flipper fingers and a playfield.

You have real physics and the random shit that goes with it. This will always make it different from video gaming.

#2664 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Virtual can now do everything real pinball does plus many more things.

Apples to oranges!

#2686 2 years ago
    Quoted from Galooch:

Edit: I’m ashamed that I did not mention the grandmaster himself JPSalas (https://sofie40.no/jpsalas/) and the amazing SLAMT1LT (https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium) who uses Future Pinball to make original tables but also takes real tables and updates their rules and even creates new modes. These guys are incredible.

Totally agree!

JPSalas FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2687 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've done some searching but I'm not quite clear on a few things (at least not in 2021)...
    - What front-end should I use?
    ---- I'd like to be able to click a desktop shortcut, rotate my monitor, and getting into a machine with as little hassle as possible. I'm fine with work up front to achieve that.
    ---- I want to run in 'cabinet mode' but with just the playfield monitor. I would prefer to have a smaller version of the dmd/score display visible on that same monitor (ideally with the ability to move as needed between different tables)

Use Pinball Y. And for VR, you need to use VP launcher. No single front end supports both flat and VR.
    Single display in portrait with DMD on same screen is totally doable. It will require a Rez file and another registry configuration file and also editing some tables in the table editor (simple to learn, but you will need some help getting started) See VPForums. Ask questions there to get started. I've done it but can't remember the process. Been out of it for a while.

#2688 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yeah, I think claiming that virtual pinball will never place real pinball is maybe a little short-sighted.

It won't, simply because VR pinball is a single user experience! Swapping headsets is a PITA and not what I'd want to be doing with mine. How would leagues use VR? Also digital pinball is not real pinball! Apples to oranges comparison.

#2690 2 years ago

Yes, digital pinball is fun too. But it's a whole new thing really! Who could have imagined it back in the 80's! It would have been beyond my wildest dreams like the internet and all the new tech that exists today! May as well enjoy it! Real pinball is not only getting too expensive, but the build quality is going down. Even the old ones are stupid expensive now.

#2710 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

can't wait to oder a Ultra Vp machine . talked to the one of the workers . and he sent me a spreadsheet of all the tables installed. theres currently 1,260 tables installed. along with all the puppack tables . and 10.7 versions too. plus they offer support too with software if any failures they will get you back up and running

I'd play about 15.

#2749 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

I'm considering this one: Asus ROG Strix XG438Q 43
    amazon.com link »
    EDIT: Just ordered !

Best Choice out there. I wouldn't even consider anything less!

7 months later
    #3016 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ultra VP 6.0 announced, some really good hardware improvements. Very tempted to buy but want to going to try out Visual Pinball in VR first. Shipped price with tax is now nearly $10k...
    [quoted image]

VPX VR is the only way for me. And you can build a stubby cab with SSF for cheap. Bought a HP Reverb G2 a year ago. Image quality is incredible! Closest thing to real pinball. Plan to build one next year when video card prices hopefully return to somewhat normal.

#3019 2 years ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I always wanted to try it, but I’m told my graphix card is not powerful enough (GeForce 1660 super)

Especially with a G2 headset!
    2160 x 2160 panel resolution per eye
    4320 x 2160 pixels combined
    I was going for the RTX3080 until SHTF!
    That VPX VR software is not optimized well and held together with duck tape. But when you get it running!!!

#3021 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds really cool! I can definitely see the appeal to VR pinball. I was messing around with Visual Pinball in VR last night. It was great being able to look around a TZ table in full 3D. The VR software itself for virtual pinball does seem like a bit of a mess and support for it seems lacking compared to non VR virtual pinball.
    Personally I’m more of a fan of the full cabinet virtual pinball machines. The entire social aspect of pinball goes out the window with VR pinball, wearing a headset isn’t fun after a few minutes (plus I want to drink a beer while playing lol), and then there’s the lack of a full size cabinet with proper weighting, mechanical devices, etc. I say this as someone who built a VR PinSim, it’s cool but a full size cabinet with mechanical and sound force feedback still seems more like real pinball IMO. The Ultra VP 6.0 supports VR which will be interesting to try.

True,
    VR pinball is a solo endeavor for sure. But I have 8 real pins for multiplayer. VR is for me! And it's just a cool toy nobody else has. I do like to play some other VR games as well, so there's that. G2 headset is very comfortable too, so that is a non issue for me. Also, there is support for feedback.

#3023 2 years ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ok! So I can not use the 1660 super correct ?
    Thanks!
    Richard

Not sure. Depends what head set and how you tweak things. Go to VPforums and ask there. I'm sure you can find answers.

#3025 2 years ago

I can't imagine spending 9 large on a virtual pin!

#3027 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Xtreme Premium is using an MDF cabinet as with the Ultra 5.0 and earlier models. The new 6.0 Ultra VP is using 3/4" laminated plywood which at these prices seem like it should be a given.

From what I've read on VPforums, the plywood is better for the SSF transducers as it's less dense than MDF and transfers the vibration better. And I agree at these prices, MDF is B.S. You ever see what water does to MDF?

#3052 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoahFentz:

It's coming.
    I take new product design very seriously, plus we're going to have three very different designs. These things take time.
    I'll keep everyone posted once I have some pics of them finished. It may be a while. We're very backed up from the great covid shutdown here in Michigan.

Glad to hear it! VirtuaPin is the only option I would even consider!!
    ** I hope I can use my HP Reverb G2 and not be forced to buy a lesser quality headset! Screen door is not an option!

#3059 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoahFentz:

Here's a pic of a recent cab we did with licensed TOM decals.
    [quoted image]

WOW!!

3 months later
    #3198 1 year ago

I am surprised that there are no examples out there (that I can find) of a VP setup like the one I'm going to build.
    It's a very simplified and less expensive version of a pincab to fit in a smaller space. All it is, is a stubby cab design for controller with SSF and two 32-inch displays both mounted vertically (portrait) one above the other. The playfield display will be an Acer Predator XB323U 32" (2560 x 1440) IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC mounted to the wall with a proper wall mount that allows adjustment. The other will be a cheaper 75Hz 32-inch display for back box/dmd/toper vids etc. also mounted vertically to the wall above the playfield display.
    This will be an easy and relatively inexpensive way to enjoy VPX, FX3 and VR pinball. I currently own an HP Reverb G2 headset.

#3200 1 year ago
    Quoted from japespin:

I've actually seen a cab like this on YouTube (2 displays, both mounted vertically). I can't find the video though. It was a guy out in Australia (I think?) showing off his build.

I can't find any like this. It seems so obvious for anyone looking to save space and work and cost and yet enjoy virtual pinball. I suppose if I didn't have 8 real pins I'd want a full blown pincab too LOL!

#3202 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

LabArcades.com has a stubby in development, I expect they will announce it soon.

I'll just build one this winter. Something to do in northern Michigan winter hell land.

#3205 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

There have been lots of small VP set ups over the years, but most people prefer the normal sized ones. I'm assuming you've visited VPforums?

Yes, but I enjoy it on my current 32 inch 144HZ display in portrait. I want to add a second 32" display in portrait for both back glass and DMD. Also, much easier to set up games. It's a PITA to move all the score displays down on to the apron for the classic pins. A portrait back glass display works really well for the older pins too. It maintains the proper aspect ratio much better and still allows room for a DMD if needed. As I stated, I do not have room for a full size cab and don't want the expense and work of building one. Displays will be wall mounted and I will build a stubby cab. Also, I will use it for VR pinball.

#3206 1 year ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

There was the Vertigo from VPcabs. I do not think they make those anymore.
    [quoted image]

Those only have a single portrait display and are uncomfortable on the hands. Made more for video games.

#3207 1 year ago

Anyone use these products from France?

https://shop.arnoz.com/en/

#3210 1 year ago

I have concluded that these components listed below are all I need for what I want to do...
    - KL SHIELD + KL25Z
    - Mosboard Full 8
    - The BRAIN
    - Potar with 3D print assembly.

**Awesome product line!!

#3212 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

We have reviewed Arnoz's products on YouTube, and also did a general overview on the options if it helps. I use it it my cabinet, and would recommend his stuff for sure.

Explain the Arnoz USB KILLA V2.
    Not sure I get the importance of this board. Is it necessary to protect my computer when shutting down?
    Why do you suddenly have a different avatar?

#3215 1 year ago
    Quoted from friscopinball:

Chiming in to say Arnoz products are EXCELLENT. Great seller.

Yes!
    It's a really well thought out and impressive modular system!!
    Great work Arnoz!

#3216 1 year ago

Example of vertical back glass display for classic pin. Extra sticks out top for topper vids or whatever.
    * Pic taken from VPUNIVERSE gallery *

large.PXL_20220429_100808485.jpg.1a98f0aa9460fbe1ebdc678a179b40d3 (resized).jpglarge.PXL_20220429_100808485.jpg.1a98f0aa9460fbe1ebdc678a179b40d3 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #3233 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
    I am a complete novice and noob to VP, as well as being computer illiterate!!
    Roger

Oooo,
    how computer illiterate? That term is ambiguous?
    There will be much to setup and tweak. It's all learnable, but I hope you like playing with computers and researching on forums etc... I would recommend you keep it simple to start.

#3235 1 year ago

Nice space saving design!

#3237 1 year ago
    Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Very cool, I like how compact that is. I wonder if the PC is actually behind the wall or in the unit.

I wondered at that too. Whomever built that has some serious skills.

2 weeks later
    #3252 1 year ago

Don't want to build a conventional cab?

1 month later
    #3344 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

It seems that Xtremegamingcabinets is now advertising 3D pinball playing with their cabinets using some anaglyph glasses. How has that been realized? I guess its not done via using BAM, but some other solution? I wonder how good the effect it. Any experiences here?

Analglyph sucks. Colors are terrible. Image quality is tettible.

#3345 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What they are doing doesn’t appear to be 3D with depth perception changes. It’s a toggle switch that adds what appears to be a slight enhanced 3D effect called anaglyph 3D. Not even sure it’s enhanced with the glasses as anaglyph 3D usually results in colors being all messed up.

True 3D without a VR headset would require something to track the position of the players head. This has been done at least as a demo with an Xbox Kinect. Not sure why this never caught on but that effect is dramatically better then the cheesy anaglyph 3D effect.

I used to play FX2 and The Pinball Arcade with nvidia 3D Vision. It was awesome! 1080p 60Hz per eye. The only thing that sucked was you couldn't put the display into portrait. It was the first 120Hz display! Nvidia dropped all support for 3D Vision.

2 months later
    #3430 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wylte:

Nobody should be selling the work of others, so no packs/cd's/drives.

This!

#3431 1 year ago

Well, I finally started down the road of building a VPX setup. Got the computer parts during Back Friday.
    Will run a 32 inch 'LG 32GP850-B' 32 Ultra Gear monitor (2560 x 1440) @ 165Hz Refresh Rate for playfield (portrait orientation of course). And another cheap 1080p 32" display in portrait orientation for back box and DMD. Both mounted to wall, the playfield display on a swing arm mount to adjust. A stubby cab with SSF nearly half the length of a full cab with lots of weight inside. Computer separate from cab. No interest in building a full cab. Already have the lumber and legs. Also have a HP G2 reverb headset for playing with VR. Cost calculated to be about 2 grand (not counting lumber, legs or VR headset).

Ryzen 5600X OC to 4.2 GHz on B550 MB
    32GB 3600MHz DDR4
    1TB M.2 Gen4 SSD
    250GB M.2 Gen3 SSD boot drive - Windows 11 Home
    ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT
    750W PSU
    LIAN LI LANCOOL 216 case

= about $1200.00 build (for computer alone).

Added 15 months ago:

I meant Ryzen 5600X OC to 4.7MHz

Added 15 months ago:

I meant Ryzen 5600X OC to 4.7GHz

4 weeks later
    #3475 1 year ago

I thought this was different. I like the height adjusting mech.

#3483 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

And now, like me.....You are a part of this place. Cling to hope, it's all you have! Please note, this is a early WIP table from H3rbski, and has a ways to go. Enjoy this exclusive first look at the Darkest Dungeon.

Such creativity!
    Can't wait!!!

1 week later
    #3499 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

So someone decided to overwrite my high score which is possible as I've overwritten my own, twice.
    So much for friendly competition and fair play.

Exactly why I don't care about online play.

1 week later
    #3530 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

This was an odd one, video pinball on Steam called Slot Shots Pinball Collection.....

I love that Neon Nights table. I've been saying for years that we need a killer electronica themed game utilizing awesome synthesizer sound effects and music! Hooked to a sub-woofer, this would sound awesome. The neon-colored art is perfect for it.

#3535 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

TerryRed's RetroFlair is also similar, but with arcade games added in, quite the fun gem. I know he is working on a part 2 now also!

Thank You so much!!

4 weeks later
    #3596 1 year ago

5 months later
    #3734 7 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

I came across a re-upload today from the old vpinball site, and the author has added it to VPU for you to enjoy. This table is deceptively fun to play, I suggest you give it a whirl! B2S is included, along with Flex and UltraDMD support.

Table Link: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/15682-spaceramp-supered-original-v303b/

I love this SpaceRamp table! It's a good example of how cool synthesizer music can be for sound effects and background music! I'd like to see more sci-fi themes tables like this. There is a lot of incredible synthesizer music and sound effect out there that would be awesome to use! Digital/Analog synthesized sounds combined with a subwoofer will absolutely blow your socks off!

#3735 7 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I don't think VP would ever replace real pinball anymore than real pinball replacing VP. They are each made for different reasons and to be enjoyed for what they are. I don't know why you would think it would be a replacement instead of an accompaniment or alternative for playing games you have an itch for. You bought it for the wrong reasons.

Yes, VP and VPVR are video game pinball emulators with their own unique capabilities. Great 'addition to' my cave!

#3736 7 months ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

As Smaug also pointed out, the monitor that is being used as a playfield is very important. I did not see any TV yet that was as good as a playfield as the 120/144 Hz monitors that should be used, and also SSF

I used a 32 inch IPS 1440p 165HZ computer monitor for the playfield for this reason.
    4K@120HZ is too hard to push and requires insanely expensive computer hardware and I don't trust using OLED TV's as they're expensive and burn in can be a problem. IPS monitors have great color gamut and viewing angles. Computer monitors turn on and off with computer automatically as well. Higher refresh rates translate to better image quality and smoother ball movement. 1440p (2K) resolution is also not available in TV's. With a three-monitor setup, 32" playfield is plenty IMO.
    Also, I used four 8 ohm 'DaytonAudio' 50W HDN-8 Transducers for the SSF powered by two 100W per channel stereo amps (delivering 50W against 8 ohms). No need for base shaker transducers and 3.1 amps! Also, use a nice 3.1 backglass audio system. The only contactors are for left and right flippers. Plenty of tactile feedback! May add a real shaker soon. I also use a real tilt bob.

#3740 7 months ago
    Quoted from lminimart:

Man... I wish *I* couldn't tell the difference with higher refresh rates! I went from 60hz to 100hz and now I can never go back. Kinda wish I could because my PC sucks, so 100fps game play really pushes my system, and the more lighting-heavy tables cause stutter... but all my funds are tied up in other things. Ball movement is noticeably "coarse" to my eye at 60fps compared to 100fps. I'm sure there's diminishing returns once you get to 120fps or higher. But going from 60 to 100 is huge.

Literally what I have noticed as well and as so many others have also stated.

2 weeks later
    #3780 7 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

Well, it turns out that SIZE DOES MATTTER! Mine is this big...

Join us live for an incredible show, and be one of the first downloads as we release the table during the live stream! Staff from VPW team will be joining us to trash my play ability, and discuss the table development.
    When: Saturday 3pm Eastern (September 16th 2023) Where: https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

Awesome! Cool looking pin IMO! Objective is to stack 5 MB's!
    Real pin is an extreme hassle to clean and maintenance. Has the largest single ramp in pinball. Low rating is probably due to low production numbers.

3 months later
    #3849 4 months ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

So I'm sure most people here have seen the black mirror episode where he has a 3D virtual table:
    I ran across this video of a guy creating a volumetric display by layering a bunch of small transparent OLED screens:
    Well it looks like he's used larger screens with more pixels (and more stacked). Maybe one day we'll get off the shelf volumetric displays?

0:28 chimp flipping!

Added 120 days ago:

That was a cool scene though! This is possible now with VR if a company would take up the project. Hopefully someone will in the future!

#3850 4 months ago

Finally finished my stubby vpin! I'm amazed at how good these new tables are!! DOF and SSF are so realistic! I installed a rotating beacon under the stubby cab and a red/green pinspot laser overhead that fires with beacon. Super cool effect! If you install transducers for SSF, go with four Dayton Audio HDN-8's powered by two stereo 100w/channel amplifiers. No need for the 2.1 bass shakers. Use a real Stern shaker motor. Fantastic feedback with this setup! Even better than my real pins LOL! The HDN-8's are full range, 50 watt power handling and are 8 ohm. So, you need the two 100w/channel amps (for front and rear) to get the 50 watts for each transducer. But, be careful and only set the amps to 3/4 volume max and set bass to a little over half or you can blow them! I did blow one running at full volume/bass. I also used a pair of SIEMENS 3RH1140-1BB40 40E contactors for the flippers for extra feedback. Also, this way you can get some flipper tactile feedback even if SSF is not supported (provided DOF is supported). I'll post some pics when I get time. No need to build a full cab if you want to save some money and a lot of work with this design.
    P.S.
    I did try to use optocouplers for the flipper contactors rather than depending on DOF. But, the KL25z does not put out enough current to drive the optocouplers I used. This did work when using an Ipac keyboard encoder, but no such luck with the KL25z. But keyboard encodes don't have the accelerometer for analog nudging.

1 week later
    #3865 3 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

View preview up for the incredible new VPX original from Flux, CyberRace

This game is great and music too, but the sound at end of ball comes through the SSF transducers and is painful on the ears! No way to turn down other than turning down SSF amps WTF?

#3877 3 months ago
    Quoted from Wylte:

Easy fix, literally a toggle in the editor's sound manager. The author is compiling fixes for the next update from things reported on VPU, too.

Yes, he fixed it the next day with release 1.1 after I posted this on Facebook.

#3889 3 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

You can use the in-game menu to change various sound levels. Hold down the left mag save, then press right mag save. You can navigate with the flippers, and change different sound levels to your liking. Another alternative I enjoy using is an application called PinVol.

This doesn't fix the SSF coming through transducers. I have yet to try fixing it through Sound manager in VPX though. But it's already been fixed in CyberSpace by the author in 1.1.

#3890 3 months ago

OK, I went simple and eliminated all the unnecessary hardware and saved a ton of money and work by going this route. Computer is more accessible and not subject to vibration. Playfield monitor is at steeper angle for better contrast, less reflections and better ergonomics. All electronics in box are sitting on a shelf anchored to floor of box with rubber isolation gromets. Four 11.2 LB garden bricks weigh down cab for stability to improve nudging performance. Real tilt, four Dayton Audio HDN-8 transducers for SSF, contactors for flippers, rotating beacon on bottom and real Stern shaker motor. Arnoz boards and plunger and KL25Z Shield. Computer is a Ryzen 5600X CPU O.C.'d to 4.7GHz, 32GB ram, Radeon RX6700XT. M.2 SSD 4th gen. Playfield display is a 32" 1440p 165Hz LG. The desktop mount holding display is mounted to a wood mount I made which is anchored to 3 wall studs. 15.6"DMD and 32" backbox display are 1080p with wall mounts. Logitech 2.1 audio system with sub on floor. HP Reverb G2 Headset. I own real pins so it wasn't important to me if it looked like a real pin.

If you install transducers for SSF, go with four Dayton Audio HDN-8's powered by two stereo 100w/channel amplifiers. No need for the 2.1 bass shakers. Use a real Stern shaker motor. Fantastic feedback with this setup! Even better than my real pins LOL! The HDN-8's is full range, 50-watt power handling and are 8 ohms. So, you need the two 100w/channel amps (for front and rear) to get the 50 watts for each transducer. But be careful and only set the amps to 3/4 volume max and set bass to a little over half or you can blow them! I did blow one running at full volume/bass. There are two more HDN-8 mounted under shelf on front left and right sides not visible in pic. I also used a pair of SIEMENS 3RH1140-1BB40 40E contactors for the flippers for extra feedback. Also, not visible in pics is a 12v blue rotating beacon with a comet pinball 13SMD Tower Flasher LED (Blue) mounted to underside. Also, strobes on back to light up wall.

** Reason I'm posting this is to show newcomers that you can save a lot of money and a lot of work with this simple design. It looks, feels and plays fantastic! No need for 4K 42-inch display. That will run up costs big time not only for the TV but also for the computer to drive it! OLED's are the only 120Hz native refresh rate TV's available and they are expensive, can suffer from burn-in, and are only 120Hz vs the high 165 to 180Hz possible with this display.

** Not counting VR head set, I have about 3 grand into this whole setup.
    411183830_270776005744223_1357436251177064952_n (resized).jpg411183830_270776005744223_1357436251177064952_n (resized).jpg411186298_929438235210743_12638593681262065_n (resized).jpg411186298_929438235210743_12638593681262065_n (resized).jpg411196260_873669708101535_71517411857185525_n (resized).jpg411196260_873669708101535_71517411857185525_n (resized).jpg411202886_208318299029016_2734073786571882738_n (resized).jpg411202886_208318299029016_2734073786571882738_n (resized).jpg411230303_407509635184982_5637722796048923326_n (resized).jpg411230303_407509635184982_5637722796048923326_n (resized).jpg411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg411427279_759952619314606_2888478064150309141_n (resized).jpg411427279_759952619314606_2888478064150309141_n (resized).jpg411491663_389512906934611_1974006450371091082_n (resized).jpg411491663_389512906934611_1974006450371091082_n (resized).jpg415788281_894319995689621_3768426294739493720_n (resized).jpg415788281_894319995689621_3768426294739493720_n (resized).jpg415974449_903944614658845_2474087218051692879_n (resized).jpg415974449_903944614658845_2474087218051692879_n (resized).jpg

Added 33 days ago:

Update,
    Only set the amps to 12:00 (1/2 full volume) and set bass and treble to 1:00. These transducers (exciters) are not hard to blow.

2 weeks later
    #3928 3 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

As a follow-up, when I got up this morning I started applying the PS orchestrations I had downloaded for every one available for tables I have installed. What I've come across is that all of the Bally/Williams titles work this way, but Stern, Data East, and Sega tables all fail to load. I have to kill the process, close PinSound Studio, rerun table, and reset audio source to 0 instead of 2 to recover the games.

I'll wait on the Pinsound for now. But, some of the alt sound packages are great!!
    Question?
    I always choose sound mode 1 because I have SSF. Even if there is no Alt sound, it still plays the ROM. So why is this?

1 month later
    #3978 32 days ago

Anyone here know why DOF doesn't work in VPX VR?
    My shaker motor and flipper contactors are controlled by DOF. It works fine in non-VR mode.
    All latest software and updates installed via latest Baller Installer. Fresh install on Win11 Home.

#3979 32 days ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1) All DOF lighting effects work within VPX games but not in PinUp Popper Menu.

You have to edit Popper Launcher script for that to work. Way of the Wrench on YouTube has a video on how to do that....

Fast Foward to 21:17

1 week later
    #3982 21 days ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

Has anybody compared the Q2 and Q3 with Visual Pinball VR? What do you think - is it worth the upgrade? I really enjoy the Q2 with VPVR, but some of the playfield items could probably benefit from a bit more resolution (wireform ramps come to mind). Maybe the Q3 has more processing power as well…

Man, I was hoping somebody would offer up an answer, because I have been wondering about this, too. I thought DOF recognized the table from the ROM so I would think it wouldn‘t matter if it‘s VPX GL or normal. I guess not.

OK, I got DOF working in VR by just putting all the tables into the same folder. I had the VR tables in a separate folder and copied over the DOF shortcuts, but it didn't work for some unknown reason. I just use VR Launcher and set the search filters to grab the VR tables (renamed VR compatible tables with "VR in the file name) and then assign them to categories I made. Works fine. You have to use the GL version of VPX.
    I'm using a HP Reverb G2 right now for VR, but will be ordering the Quest 3 Friday along with upgraded headstrap/battery and PC Link cable. It will have better clarity and a better sweet spot for focus than the G2. All reviews say it's a nice upgrade from the Quest 2.

*** Anyone reading this, VPX VR is the cat's ass! I don't even play in pancake anymore unless it's multiplayer. You must have both to get the greatest VPX has to offer! VPX VR is the future and there is no comparison to playing on displays. But ideally, you need a higher end gaming PC as it's not optimized well. Also, SSF and 'DOF for shaker motor effects' is a must for great tactile feedback.

2 weeks later
    #3990 3 days ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

Hey, thanks for the great tip! DOF is now working with 32 bit, but I‘m still struggling with 64 bit.

Ya, I had to unzip the dofconfig.zip into the 64bit DOF directory before it would work.

#3991 3 days ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.