Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2885 2 years ago

Greetings, does anyone know if there's anyone here on Pinside I can contact for help re: activating a new account at VPForums? I'm not getting the Account Validation email, and I even tried making an account using a completely different email address (in case the server on the first was filtering before it ever reached my account) and I'm not getting the validation email there either...

(And I can't message the administrators on VPF to find out what email address I should add to a whitelist to get a validation email, because I can't use the messaging or chatroom functions until the account is validated.)

Thanks kindly!

#2886 2 years ago

Is anyone here an admin at vpforums? I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to get my account validated. The validating email is not coming through; I even tried a different email address on a completely different mail server, and I'm still not getting anything...

For that matter, does anyone know from what email address the validation email would be coming? I'd like to try to add it to my mail accounts' whitelists to see if that's the issue...

#2889 2 years ago

Thanks all, sorry for the trouble! Had no problems getting into VPUniverse, because I just linked it to my Discord... right after I posted this latest cry for help, one validation email from VPForums finally came through, and I'm now on both (hence the drain). Thanks kindly, and apologies again!

#2891 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

JonnyQTrek maybe goto virtuapin.com and email paul there . He Runs VPForums. good luck! hope it works out

all good! It did come through, thanks kindly!

2 months later
    #3034 2 years ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I always wanted to try it, but I’m told my graphix card is not powerful enough (GeForce 1660 super)

I have a refurbished Oculus Quest 2 hooked up to this gaming laptop from CyberPowerPC: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Tracer-V-GAMING-I17G-220 (Your GeForce 1660 super is easily twice as powerful as the GeForce RTX 3050 Ti in this laptop.)

My controller is a ~$10 USB encoder with some buttons/microswitches from DIYRetroArcade, studded into an assemblage of cardboard boxes (half of which are from USPS.) Using PinUp Popper, with VPX and VR Launcher 4.26, it's just amazing.

Don't be intimidated by a perceived need for bleeding edge graphics and processing. While I can only imagine the brilliant clarity of using a state-of-the-art setup, you can still have one hell of an experience using a far cheaper setup as a starting point. I'll try to post some video later this week...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.