Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I am revamping my un-themed virtual cabinet and turning it into an AFM that happens to also play everything else... its a 37" monitor table set into a standard cabinet... This gives me the back panel area to put toys and flashers on so here is what I am putting in it... this is a mockup of the final panel but I have all the 3d printed parts designed and test printed... Now I need to make a few special modifications and finish the build... the saucers will flash with the mini flashers in the game, and they will shake front to back. they will shake side to side when the mothership shake solenoid is activated during a game. Thought about using it as a topper but I have another idea for that... I liked the AFMR-LE Jumping Martian topper, but That is a LOT of 3d sculpting I am NOT going to do... just to look like an AFMR-LE... I like more "one of a kind" things... like this.[quoted image]

Love it!

Thinking of getting a vcab wizard Running out of space in the game room.

1 year later
    #2691 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

Same here as I'm looking to jump into a Virtual Pin and would love some suggestions on what others recommend. Though guess I could read the first 53 pages of this thread.

I have a maxed out VP Cab. They charge a premium price for sure. But the components they use and build quality are very good. And what you get is Plug in and play as long as you have no intentions of adding tables or updating it.

I got a custom Back to the Future Themed Wizard Model (not sold any more):
    https://virtualpinball.com/products/wizard?variant=18403920327

I went for midnight blue powder coated trim, legs, and coin box (it's just a metal facade. no real coin mechs)
    4k screen (But they had all the software and tables configured for 1080p!)
    Laser Cut LED lit topper
    RGB Undercab lighting
    Strobe lighting in back
    i7 cpu instead of an i5
    Backup copy of the harddrive

The launcher software and OS is pretty out of date. Which can make adding tables tricky. They actually ask you not to update anything including the OS.

Building and setting up your own virtual cabinet is a ton of work. Great if it's something you want to do. But I bought the VP Cab as a shortcut to buying and piecing together all the hardware. I have no regrets. It's a solid base to expand upon. The sound system (speakers and sub) in this thing are ridiculous (good).

I have owned my VP Cab for just shy of 2 years and spent a considerable amount of time (many man-weeks) reverse engineering, reading, and experimenting.

If you plan to add tables or switch the launcher over to pinup popper, you will be all set hardware wise. But you will need to learn a ton about all the software and configuration. (Look for "Baller Installer" to get a head start.)

Since I have a backup of how they originally had everything, I have taken many liberties and been quite successful at getting mine exactly where I want it:
    * Upgraded to Windows 10
    * Swapped out the GTX 1060 for an RTX Titan
    * Replaced Pinball X launcher with Pinup Popper/Player

I also put the following on it:
    * latest Visual Pinball with a handful of tables (Guardians, Ghostbusters, Batman 66, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, Stranger Things Stranger Edition)
    * Arcooda and Xbox One Kinect for 3d head tracking support (gives me all the Pinball Arcade tables they made for Arcooda)
    * Demons Tilt in cabinet mode
    * Zaccaria and all tables
    * I add new Zen tables as they release
    * Timeshock - cabinet mode
    * Pinball Wicked - cabinet mode

Know that if you go crazy making software changes like I did they will not support the stuff you changed from their out of box configuration. They will still honor their hardware warranty though.

Also. I recommend making a full drive backup every time you are successful with a particular change. I cannot exaggerate just how much time a "simple thing" can take. Like enabling 4k took me a week and I had to reconfigure every single app. Setting up all the apps in Popper took about a month of tweaking and tuning. Some things were a matter of reading the docs. Other things are a combination of googling and pure trial and error as the software itself (zen, arcooda, the launcher) is all still works in progress by the developers. So you are like to encounter bugs as well as your own user error.

Still, it can be a fun and rewarding experience.

#2696 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

Sounds like this would be my best bet as well. I’ll check this site out closer along with the VP Cab mentioned. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions.
    I checked both of those sites out and probably a bit too much out of my price range. Question can you add newer tables on the VP Vertigo cabinet pin? There’s a guy locally selling one at a decent price so I might look into that if you can add stuff to it.

They are just running Windows. You can plug in a mouse and keyboard and add tables. But it’s not a 5 minute thing.

I’m not entirely sure the vpin has/will save me money in the long run. I keep discovering tables I want to buy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.