Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#307 9 years ago

Here's my Minipin Madness - joining the club, built November 2014

image.jpgimage.jpg

#311 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

It's really cool, did you custom make the lock down bar? I really need to get mine finished up. Do you have any force feedback? What are you using for nudge?
    One questions, why did you tilt the screen back? I don't understand why people do this, you can tilt the virtual playfield in the game, all this does is increacses the viewing angle and makes the screen wash out.

Hey thanks! I had virtuapins.net make the lockdown bar, the points are too sharp, I have to rest my hands directly on top. I made the monitor level with the ground, then added the LED covers, I'm using mercury switches for the nudge/tilt ... No ffb yet, I have most of the stuff to make a shaker motor, and LEDs, all that extra stuff will be added in later

2 months later
    #324 9 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks for the info. is there any settings i need to
    change for the display. when i view the table full screen
    it seems like everything is to up close. the bumpers
    look flat. doesnt look right.

I hate to say it, but vpforums is where you will find the best help concerning what you are trying to accomplish, and search out the visual pinball guide, after Going through it I bet you'll be a pro

#325 9 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

So is PinballX considered the "best" virtual pinball front end?

As of right now, it definitely has been the easiest to setup and had fewer problems than a few others

1 week later
    #332 9 years ago

Future pinball shouldn't be that difficult, what are you having trouble with?
    What is your setup?

#334 9 years ago

Future Pinball is pretty straight forward, just go into the configuration settings, the setup for the back box and the playfield is there... if you want to setup DMD you need to go find FutureDMD and set it up separately .... there is a learning curve to FP, it works differently than VP, but here are som sweet custom tables... dead hunters, three angels, tempexx, superman, tron (not the stern you are thinking of) there is a cool custom tron table, just to name a few

when you get going check these

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/195/a/1/Set_Future_Pinball_Correctly_by_PixelOz.pdf

read this and install BAM, then use it with FP, it will save you a lot of headaches

http://www.ravarcade.pl

resizing :
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27158
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1323-total-newbie-having-no-luck-resizing-my-fp-tables/

#336 9 years ago

I JUST UPGRADED MY MOTHERBOARD, RAM AND PROCESSOR, 3 day headache, I can't believe there's so many steps to visual pinball, and trying to remember it all is mind numbing, but at least everything is playing well now

#338 9 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

Thank you for the consolidated links!

anytime, I just went through what you are about to, so it was still all fresh on my mind, and the resizing is hard to find what to do, I haven't ever seen official documentation on all of FP's adjustments

#341 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Keep an eye out for U3D, It will make the rest of the simulators moot. Cab setup is as simple as dragging a window. Beta is supposed to be coming out soon.
    http://www.unit3dpinball.net/index.php?pa=showcase&categ=0
    It uses FP tables as the base, Unity as the graphics engine. It has DirectOutput support for LED's Flashers and Solenoids etc. You can run the cabinet and game sound on different adapters so you can simulate the force feedback sounds with a speaker inside the cab while the game audio comes out the speakers in the head. Also included is support for Oculus Rift VR and possibly head tracking with kinect or PSeye.
    The alpha version might be tricky to get going but it's already ahead of FP.

This is really nice, I hope the beta is out soon, seems really good...
    have you gotten it setup in pinballx?

#347 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

They think it looks more real to have it tilted back. But then gameplay suffers a lot. And the worst is putting a bunch of flashers across the top. I mean it's already hard to view at that angle why would you want flashers blinding you making it worse? Especially when those flashers don't even go there in the emulated games lol.
    Anyways yea I would have it as close to the glass as possible and even then you may want to raise the back legs to get a better viewing angle.

Yup, I regret placing my monitor in my machine like that, I never hooked up the flashers, but the viewing angle is weird, I'd have to rip my cab apart to re route the space for the monitor, that's going to be a nightmare... Maybe one day

#351 9 years ago

So, after playing mine and setting it up a few times after hardware changes, and playing it for months, here's a few thoughts.

I love it the way it is.

I havnt installed the flashers at the playfield because it will wash out the image on the screen.

I'd rather have the monitor at the angle with the glass because when quite a few of the tables are loaded, the table is sunk in graphically to simulate the inside edges of the cabinet. Is it a game killer? No. It's just my opinion, it's not bad to have it the way I have it. I still enjoy it wonderfully to play titles I otherwise can't find to play anywhere. I'm just saying that if I build another, I'll have the monitor angle with the glass.

I have a great viewing angle on my monitor, never any blackness when playing, or watching any one else play.

If anyone needs help being pointed in the right direction on their setup, pm me, I might be able to help

#357 9 years ago

I built the cab for the fun of having it... And the anticipation of TPA developing for 3 screens (and I can't play real pinball after my 2 small boys go to bed)

#380 9 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

Not sure where you live but if you plan to attend any upcoming shows on the eastern half of the US there is a good chance we will be there with a full lineup of Virtual machines for you to try out. This weekend is Kalamazoo followed by Pinfest in Allentown, PA. We also just added the new Pintastic New England to our show lineup and will be at Chicago & York again this fall. We offer huge show special discounts during all the pinball shows. Check us out a VPcabs.com
    We also have a few distributors out west as well.

You guys are blowing up the scene. Love the mini design you have, wish I would have bought one of yours before building mine... still love mine, but really nice work on yours

#428 9 years ago

TPA using directx 11 is supposed to update visuals and maybe a few physics bugs

2 weeks later
    #444 8 years ago

... Not only that, there is strict regulation of new games being released virtually. ... Here's looking to Metallica and star trek

3 months later
    #499 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Appreciate any help. is there any settings
    in VP to adjust flippers? they seem kinda slow and delayed. and have 2 Dmds running one on
    on BG and 2nd on real Dmd. like to take off the one on backglass tv.. thanks

right click on the back glass during a game, and there will be settings to change for the dmd and speaker panel and such, for visual pinball anyway

#500 8 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

If you have leaf switches for the buttons, just adjust them so the contact quicker. I had to do that on mine.

I second that

#503 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Guys,
    Almost going to build one...
    Was looking at the wiring diagrams for the boards and feel a bit intimidated...
    How hard is it to wire these cabs up?
    How skilled at soldering do you have to be???

You may want to go take a look at vpforums

It can be a long project, and quite daunting if you are not already poised to build one

1 week later
    #517 8 years ago
    Quoted from horseypin:

It's actually a PITA. Try mine.
    https://www.minds.com/blog/view/471002140853149696/pinxcheck-beta
    Some handy stuff for VP10 too like adjusting camera on launch. There is a guide a put up from fuzzel there how it's done and uses his default values so you can get the view correct without egg balls.
    No game limit.
    Add all VP into one, no need for untold databases. Other stuff, check the description. Not had enough drive to go complete this app. Some of the media matching may not be working, I can't remember but I generally just use it as a launching tool but its a complete manager.

downloaded and tried, it's crashing on launch, placed it in the pinballx dir

where is the latest build of vp10? been looking for a few days

#524 8 years ago

My monitor/TV is level with the ground, sometimes I wish I would have made it parallel with the glass, sometimes it doesn't bother me. I still have fun either way, but if I make another, Ill be making it parallel with the glass and completely removable from the top. right now mine removes by sliding it out from the back.

#525 8 years ago

I have contactors for sale if anyone need some, I think I have 8 or 9 left, I'll take $110 shipped for them all, paid $135 for them

#539 8 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Plexiglass is awful when compared against a sheet of tempered glass. You can get a custom sheet for well under a c-note. Order it "tempered, seemed, no logo." The failure of plexi is it's static attraction of dust.

Plexi and polycarbonate and lexan scratch easily and dull easily, can't beat glass in this application.

#551 8 years ago

I had to use 2 video cards, otherwise I got bad stutter!

#555 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks again Bub..

Were you Wolverine in another life?

#565 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

so i'm finally going to be joining the virtual pinball club here soon...i've been wanting a full size virtual cab for a while now.
    after visiting with brad at vpcabs and playing one of his excellent machines over the summer, i made the decision to pull the trigger on a vpcabs LE...with some additional bells and whistles.
    i'm hoping it's here in the next couple of weeks or so...i will post pics and/or vid when i get it in the man room.

Nice choice if you don't mind dropping the cash, brad is a good guy, their product seems on spot

#568 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

luckily, i caught them back when they had a sale over the summer and placed my order.
    brad has been great...both in person and via email.
    and yeah...their product is top notch.
    i just heard from brad this morning...my pin is shipping next week. i can't wait.

Are you getting pinball fx2, pinball arcade and visual pinball?

#586 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

anyone know on Visual pinball how to
    turn off the dmd running on the backglass and have the dmd running? or on the older tables how to turn off the dmd and have the score display on the backglass? thanks
    appreciate the help

Right click on your backglass for Dmd options

#587 8 years ago

Mines a mini, "Minipin madness"

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#589 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Chosen_S . so i dont need to go into
    Scripts to change it? like your Mini Cab pretty
    sweet. wish i had one. then my oversized cab.

Thanks,

No just try out the DMD settings in the menu that pops up and play around with them until you know what you like

#592 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

What size playfields in that one?

27" playfield
    19" backglass
    7" LCD Dmd

I loosely followed this guys plans
    But I bought the 27" first, decassed it and built the box around it

www vpforums org/index.php?showtopic=18420&page=1

1 week later
    #603 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Star Trek Pro VP10 Beta
    Awesome game and very amazing work
    put into this. thanks to FreneticamnesicIMG_20150917_021708582.jpg

+ 3 , can you please pm me with it... It will save me a little time digging around for it

#614 8 years ago

Is there a Metallica table anywhere?

#670 8 years ago

I have a set of 9 contactors for sale that I don't plan to use if anyone needs any

2 weeks later
    #729 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Hey All Hows it going? Iam in need of help
    with The Sopranos Table. when I run it. I cant hear any of the music or sound effects or the
    talking.. just get sound from the flippers and bumpers. Not sure if I have the correct rom. was wondering if anyone out there had this issue or know the correct rom to get. the rom i have is Sopranos (5.00) from VPF. and what Table is good to use. i downloaded the table
    Sopranos VP915 FS. Thanks appreciate any help

Google is your friend

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=5220

#748 8 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

They we're our pins. We rarely hear anyone complain of lag. Pudluther has one of the very same machines we take to the shows. We try and keep the Pinball FX2 games on a fixed camera view but people change them all of the time at the shows.

Fellas, if anyone here knows of anyone wanting to get into the Vp Club.... VPCabs is the way to go, I don't own one of their machines, but if I hadn't built mine from scratch, I would have saved money and serious time buying one of their mini's... seriously, I'm not a paid actor

#752 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

so the new "balls of glory" pack came out on steam today. loaded them onto my cab today. the Family Guy and american dad pins are pure awesomeness.
    question: does anybody know how to get the back glass (static) image to show up while the table is running? it's just the new ones i'm having trouble with...all my other PBFX2 tables work correctly.
    (and i have the table image and backglass and wheel image working ok through pinball x...just not when i load it up...backglass goes black)

There's a setting in pinballx, in the game configuration app, the options for individual tables, and there's one that says"hide back glass" - uncheck that

#755 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

got it working. thanks.
    i noticed when i was searching for backglass images for the pinball fx2 tables that there are some backglass videos out there...have any of you guys tried to run them? i guess it puts them on a loop or something?

It does put them on a loop, some are really cool, others are just weird

#786 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

ha...i see you downloaded the balls of glory pack.
    american dad and Family Guy were worth the price of admission alone.

Bob's burgers has me flowing ramps like a mad man

#797 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Pudluther for the video. I have
    PinX but i need to learn up how to
    run the tables with.. this should
    help. thanks. are the tables from
    pinballFx free or is there a fee for them?

pinball fx2 is on steam, free to try, pay to keep/win

#821 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

installed BAM. definitely don't get the ball trail...but...odd default shape to the table. i guess i just have to manually resize it like with regular future pin?
    and how do i get the dmd to move off the stupid table? it's up in the corner, if you can see it in the pic...

Screen_Shot_2015-10-27_at_9.36.54_PM.png

Press "~" to get the BAM configuration screen while in game

While in editor mode, click on translite, then on the upper left of the translite you will see a few rectangular boxes, right click on them and unlock them, then drag them up off of the translite, the dmd will no longer be on the playfield

3 weeks later
    #834 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey Vett, I too have had problems getting the free camera mod to work in my VirtuaPin. Essentially the fact that it does not make TPA go into portrait mode is a big negative for me. My cab is Landscape so in order to play TPA I have to manually turn it portrait. I cannot get the camera to work properly either, which is my issue. I do not get the error you are getting so I would definitely start from scratch with the mod install.
    I have reached out to Rav the creator of BAM to see if he can incorporate that awesome mod which includes 3D headtracking into TPA. Rav is saying 95% of the work was already completed by a dude who created a VR patch that hooks in to the TPA graphic calls last year. This could be interesting if Rav finds time to work on this. Perhaps give TPA finally a decent cabinet mode with head tracking
    http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6007&p=79194#p79194

I had to write a startup script for windows to rotate my displays for tpa to go into portrait when I load tpa...

Honestly I find it convenient to have pinballx to load the script that loads tpa, then use tpa to find a game and load the table. I have not tried the free tpa mod yet... But soon

#847 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The ipac use to be great but now it also shows up as a joystick device. The one from amazon would work perfectly well. There's also the freescale controller method which also provides an accelerometer for nudging. That set up works great and costs $13 in a DiY configuration.

Have a link for the Freescale method?

#850 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey Chosen, I set one up on my cab but ended up going with the VirtualPin default for now since was setup to work with all my buttons.
    Purchased it from this site:
    http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Freescale-Semiconductor/FRDM-KL25Z/?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduj1pEhQAG9G5RrFSUwb8VU4OUGJgXjWf4vxjsW6K8yqu%2FwR1xu6ntbAQqUy2D7VQXc%3D
    Here is the manual:
    the_pinscape_controller_20140913.pdf

cool, thank you for posting this

3 weeks later
    #884 8 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I could see dropping for the Virtualpin DIY cabinet around a grand. Is it feasible to buy everything else for under another grand? 42" monitors are under $400 on eBay but I'd be concerned on lag.

My mini pin set me back about $2500 after everything... But I have no force feedback or flashing LED's, the diy is fun, but vpcabs mini is the best bang for buck. Maybe someone else can chime in, but I think you're in for just under 3k building from scratch or buying a kit

4 weeks later
    #1131 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

hmmmmm...and now on some tables i can't get parts of the DMD moved off the table. slam's F14 for instance...there's a big red box in the upper left that won't move. and i downloaded zip-a-doo...there's some sort of logo or something in the bottom right...won't move.
    weird.
    lot more work involved in getting FP tables up and running...i'm so used to just dragging and dropping a table/b2s/ROM for vp10 and rockin' out.

you have to right click the unmovable part and "unlock" it, then you can move it.... I believe

#1150 8 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

I have to say- I finally (yeah I know) figured out out how to properly run PBA on my VirtuaPin- and map the buttons correctly. I'm loving it!- it would be nice to have full screen like PinFX but that's something we all agree on.
    I am so happy I finally got it working. I've put in some serious time on games I never considered owning like Who Dunnit and Junkyard. both now on my list...

IMG_0898_(resized).JPG

Dude thats awesome!

I cant get the modded shell to agree with my setup, (it might be directx11 giving me issues since it (pba, 11) needs directx 11, and needs window$ Aero themes turned on) the combination of these messes with my playfield resolution and forces a black bar at the bottom of the playfield screen, and throws off my 3 screen setting for everything else... so I just play mine like normal in portrait mode Directx 9... unless anyone can offer insight on how to manipulate everything to work together for me, what a pain.

It's pretty much why I all but abandoned Hyperspin and having every emulator to play every single game on one arcade machine setup, the resolutions changing so often and so drastically can give you headaches for years, even on very nice equipment, and the latest builds of the software. Don't get me wrong, HyperSpin is really cool, but some game consoles are not meant to be played on an emulated environment, and are soooo much better played on original equipment on the display they were meant for.

This is probably the argument that diehard non-digital pinheads would offer to us that don't mind emulating reality

#1155 8 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

I can take some video later in the week for those interested....

that'd be cool

#1170 8 years ago

I downloaded pro pinball timeshock from steam, does anyone know where a tutorial is for getting it to run in pinballx

I need it to rotate and go full screen borderless at 1080, and I need to change a few keys

#1172 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i had never heard of that....just looked it up...sweet graphics.
    no idea on any tutorials.

Looks like we may need to write a loading shell script for it, I'll take a closer look soon, unless someone else gets to it first

#1176 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Installing the steam version. I'll post my script shortly. Not my front end runs in portrait so rotation is not something I need to worry about for this title.

I'm having a little trouble forcing it to maximize to 1080 with my script, mine keeps forcing it off the edge of my main display

#1179 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Just send f11 as a keystroke.

Thanks, I figured that part out, also remapping the other buttons, and the mouse click, but exiting is proving not to work out so well... What do you do to force the exit?

#1181 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Remap escape to process, close, ProPinball.exe
    You can also reassign keys in the games config xml file if you prefer.
    Too bad the game has so much input lag. It makes it unplayable for me.

Oh man, that's a bummer, I have input lag with fx2, but pro pinball is spot on so far

#1184 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The shot angles are just way off from where they should be. It's definitely not something that you don't have. Maybe you just don't notice it but the positions on the flipper are just wrong. Everything is too far to the outter parts of the table.
    For fx2 no lag, in nvidia set a profile. Disable vsync and set max prerendered frames to 1. This should make it about as fast as a real machine. The lowest lag of any simulator I've ever seen.

Thanks!

I've been working on getting timeshock to exit cleanly all day, and while timeshock is in the game, it just won't close. I've tried forcing F4, process close, PID, taskkill,

It's like the game just will not listen to any outside process, although ahk key changes work ok, just nothing to kill the process

#1187 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I answered this above. In your code that changes key presses override your exit button, in my case it's escape:
    Escape::Process, Close, ProPinball.exe

I tried this several times, and several ways, I'll try try again

#1189 8 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

What are you looking for? We ship our machines anywhere in the US. We will also be at MGC with machines to sell.

+1 for Brad, Great Folks, Great Product

#1200 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I answered this above. In your code that changes key presses override your exit button, in my case it's escape:

still doesnt work, are you using the steam version?

#1204 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bhieken:

This is my headless mini pin. (WIP) I built it for the sole purpose of playing TPA and FX2. It currently runs off my everyday laptop and I built it using mostly stuff I have kicking around. It's small enough it doesn't take up real pinball space. It's light enough to lift and solid enough to lean into. Eventually I'll designate a pc for it, upgrade the monitor, add a backbox then start using VP and FP etc. But it's fun for now !

20160113_174318_(resized).jpg

Nice job, not bad for a simple fun toy

#1212 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Maybe your key replacement isn't running. Try putting MsgBox in place of process close and see if you can get a simple test message to pop up when hitting escape.

I'll test it out tonight, the key replacement for other keys is working just fine, I had to change my (temporary) nudge buttons, and start button to the default keys that ProPinball uses (There's not a cfg file for the keys I can find), Thanks Markmon!

#1223 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Also tested my script on the steam version and it properly exits the game.
    Here is my AHK script that runs the steam version, my monitor is already in portrait so I don't need to hassle with rotating it. Showpicture puts a backglass up for me. This launches the game, sets it to full screen, clicks play, binds the keys, then exits cleanly on escape.
    #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
    SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
    PPdir = %A_ScriptDir%
    IfNotExist, propinball.exe ; If you don't want to put Timeshockstarter.exe in your Pro Pinball Directory you can enter the path to Pro Pinball.exe below
    PPdir = C:\pinball\steampinball\SteamApps\common\Pro Pinball Ultra
    Run, "ShowPicture.exe" /left=63 /top=-1276 /width=1020 /height=875 /picture=Timeshock.jpg
    Run, "%PPdir%\ProPinball.exe", %PPdir%
    Process, wait, ProPinball.exe
    WinWaitActive, ahk_class Cocos2dxWin32
    Send {F11}
    sleep 1000
    ; This is supposed to send a left mouse click to the "Start Simulation" button on the start screen.
    ; On your system this buttón is propably located on different coordinates then on mine especially if your resolution is not 1920x1080
    ; You can use Autohotkey's Window Spy to get working coordinates for your system.
    MouseClick,left,300,1150
    process, WaitClose, ProPinball.exe
    Process, Close, ShowPicture.exe
    ExitApp
    ; You can change your key bindings here
    #IfWinActive ahk_class Cocos2dxWin32
    1::s
    RCtrl::Backspace
    LCtrl::LAlt
    #IfWinActive

That worked! I had to mod it to rotate the screen, and change a few things,so strange, our code was fairly similar in functionality, just your escape actually worked. Thank you again!

1 week later
    #1246 8 years ago

Anyone know of sky lab being done in visual pinball

#1249 8 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Any place near Pittsburgh where you can try out a virtual pin (fully loaded - with shakers, etc)? I ask b/c I'm thinking about going virtual and selling my two pins but want to try it out first before fully committing.....
    Maybe even a pinball show coming up near the area?

Why would you sell a GNR to go virtual ???

#1252 8 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

My thought is that it can not replace a real pin (unless you don't have one), but is a great add on to get to play all the tables you can't have. I have room for 4 pins, which means I'm going to end up with 3 real ones and 1 vp one to play all the other games.

Agreed. It can't replace the real deal, but a good resource to scratch the itch

#1294 8 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Does anyone have pinball graphic art that can be printed and applied to a cabinet. For example, TOF or TZ? If so PM me. Thinking about jumping into VP and would like to apply art so it looks real deal.

that stuff is copyrighted and you will need to buy it from a distributor.... or you can check out this guys stuff, really amazing custom art for virtual pins

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26497

#1295 8 years ago

I have the sidewinder for nudging (I use a button for launch), and my setup hates the sidewinder for some reason, I guess I don't know how to set it up properly... can anyone please help?

#1298 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It's hard to help solve a vague problem like "my system hates the sidewinder" lol.

LOL, that does sound ridiculous of me, I'll post more on the actual problem soon

#1303 8 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Good to hear. How about the rules/rom itself? Would you be able to apply the new rom for jurassic park in a VP setting?

Look for the rom name in the script, change rom name to the new rom

1 week later
    #1346 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinSound:

Here is a nice video of a Visual Pinball T2 with an enhanced OST sound package (played by the PinSound audio engine):
    » YouTube video

That sounds absolutely incredible

3 weeks later
    #1416 8 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Anyone on here that played one of the VPCabs Vertigo machines at TPF? I am very interested in these machines and am looking for any review/feedback available.
    Thanks

I watched some people play one for a while... For video games it seemed ok, but pinball straight up and down? Not for me, physics are too off point

1 month later
    #1481 7 years ago

I bought a sidewinder joypad and I'd like to use it for nudging exclusively in visual pinball. I have several versions of vp set up in the same folder with different .exe's for launching.

Does anyone have good settings for the sidewinder controller in vp?

How should I mount the sidewinder in my cab?

3 weeks later
    #1499 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry for the new guy questions, but I have limited internet access to google the vp forums and don't have access to a machine:
    1. Is there a generally preferred front end between PinballX and Hyperpin? Pros/cons?
    2. If I download the latest version of Visual Pinball X, will I still be able to play games built for VP 9?

1. PinballX is my preferred, and I love hyper spin, but hyperpin was not stable enough for me, pinballx is updated regularly
    2. VPX will not play VP9 tables, but you can have both exe's in the same install folder and open which ever to play corresponding tables

2 weeks later
    #1511 7 years ago

Should be, don't delete your tables

1 week later
    #1516 7 years ago

I don't think pinballx can update itself

Sounds like your settings and databases got corrupted,

May be time for all of us to do a backup

#1520 7 years ago

Again gentlemen... Make a backup!

#1523 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

agreed. mine is backed up...i didn't lose anything...more just a pain to have to go through and input all my pinballX settings again.
    any idea why it would all of a sudden revert to default? is it just one of those things where computers crash/eff up every once in a while?

posibly, in a really strange way

2 months later
    #1608 7 years ago
    Quoted from scheiny:

I'm noticing most of the cabinet builds are 47" or smaller. Has anyone built a large cabinet, say 55" or larger like mine? I used a wide body cabinet, and didn't bother to remove the bezel, so it sits on top of the cabinet, and the size appears to be 100% exact to an original game.
    I'm curious why people are building small ones, and also if anyone has built one using a 4k TV larger than 50"? I'm right at the edge of my wide body, so it seems this may be as wide as I can go without building a custom cabinet.

Is this a joke?
    Edit: what I mean is; the cab with the tv sitting on it, and the small monitor in the backbox is laughable. And no you did not spend only $450... You still bought the rest of the stuff at some point

Edit: sorry scheiny, I was really confused by the pic

#1612 7 years ago
    Quoted from selektor6:

It's obviously a work in progress. And it looks to be coming along pretty well. Building one of these is not easy. Have you built one? I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't be so critical. But I would encourage you to give it a shot if you have not. And if you need some help along the way, this is a place to get the help you may need.

Yes I have built one, from scratch, cab, PC, graphics and all. My apologies to everyone, It just seems like a silly thing to do; place a 55" tv on top of a classic widebody stern... Anyway, I was serious to my question: was it a joke? Or is it a work in progress, or just a mock up of a soon to be nice vp?

Sorry, I have to say this too... I know it's easier to use a gutted cab, it just hurts to see a fun game sacrificed to vp. I saw a video where a radical! Was sacrificed, terrible day.

3 months later
    #1709 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I finished wiring up my VR pinball cabinet this weekend and it works great with Pinball FX2 VR. This is easily the most immersive virtual pinball experience I've had. I'm blown away by just how good and fun VR pinball is with the Oculus Rift and a cabinet controller.
    Space wise the cabinet is great as it's only the first 10" of a real pinball cabinet (built to same specs) which also makes it easy to move. Total cost for the VR pinball cabinet + VR headset (Oculus Rift) + a high end gaming PC is around $2200-$2500. That's a big cost but the headset and especially PC can be used for a lot of other things besides VR pinball.

Hey that's pretty sweet!

1 month later
    #1726 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Oh! May have to look into that. I'm using 9.91 now..!

Maybe this?

2 weeks later
    #1735 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

I'm kind of excited about this product:
    https://pinballfactory.com/details
    First serious commercial product available in the VR field?

This could be cool

I find myself frustrated with pinballfx2 though... if the tables had sfx for each switch; I would be just as immersed in playing all of their tables as I am with the real thing, but they skimp on the sounds sooooo much that it bores me to even load them sometimes, it's too bad, they spend so much time on everything else :-/

#1736 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

This is my custom cartboard controller for Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade.
    Playing Aliens pinball on Pinball FX2 in honor of Bill Paxton.

That cardboard pedestal should win an award!

#1738 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Well, thank you! Cardboard and hot glue makes for surprisingly sturdy structures!

My brother was in the Navy special forces for several years, he always told me that most of the stuff in his units care was held together with zip ties and duct tape

5 months later
    #1843 6 years ago

What are the best latest releases (tables)

1 month later
    #1860 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I've got a 1050 ti coming tomorrow. Do you run display cables and hdmi?

HDMI is a display cable

You're planning 2 or 3 monitors I guess?

Run proper cables to each display

I personally run an individual graphics card for each display.

6 months later
    #1965 6 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thinking about selling my G N R. Have too many pins and no room. plus G N R is a heavy beast to move. had it all gone over and has brand new G ramp and pinball Pro Speakers. only thing that needs is . I was gonna replace all the bulbs. what price range could sell mine? hasnt been played in 15 yrs. Also has brand new translite. has all new rubbers and a wipe down. what do most of you use to polish your playfield? Heres a few pics. Thanks

Hasn’t been played in 15 years!?

Odd place to ask this question... maybe 5k? Others may think more...

Carnauba Wax... that polishes playfields pretty good

10 months later
    #2093 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

Hi all
    Here is my newest Virtual pinball build, the artwork its complete custom by me, i use all ACDC parts with the ACDC Fire Button and the Bolt
    flasher from acdc
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow man, this is the best build I have seen yet

8 months later
    #2185 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

There is my newest creation 4k Attack from mars theme with full SSF Feedback[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a great build! Would love to play one with full feedback someday

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.