Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 10 years ago

I have a virtua Pin widebody extreme. It's pretty damn awesome. I like it, because it looks and feels like a real widebody machine. Blends in with the lineup great. Plus duel joystick setup, with spinner that sets on the glass for playing 6000 arcade Mames, every NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Atari 2600, 5400, 7200, turbographix, Saturn, jaguar games ever made. Which makes it duel purpose. out of all that shit I have on mine. What does my kid want to play on it?

Bubble bobble :/

1 year later
    #893 8 years ago
    Quoted from freneticamnesic:

Sopranos is still a WIP, I have a few major things to finish on it before I can share it but it's probably 75% done

someone is working on a new sopranos? that's great news. the old one is horrible.

#895 8 years ago

I'm still using VP 9.8. so VP 10 is stable now? I recently went through a fiasco because I "upgraded" from xp to win 7 on my VP cab. All hell broke loose. Finally have it up and running. Pinball X running well.

So you can run VP 10 and VP 9.8 together without conflicts? So does that allow you to automatically use VP 10 for tables that support it and VP 9X for the tables that use that?

#897 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

yeah seems to be stable on mine. i run both vp 9 and vp 10. havent had any issues. I install the updates as they come out for vp10. it might also depend on your computer set up. iam running a I7 processor and 16gigs of Ram. and a higher end graphics card. i put more money into the computer componets then instead of having the extra bells and whistles. I use windows 7. thinking about going to windows 10. I also unchecked the XP in the "Compatability" and runs just fine. I owe all my VP Software help to AllKnowing. In my opinion hes a wizard at the software

i'm running high end goodies in mine too, I was more concerned with clashing from running 2 VP's at the same time. What does Allknowing know about MAME? I need someone to help me with Joytokey. My mame is setup and configured, just can't get my control panel adjusted correctly.

#907 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Mame uses raw input. You won't use joytokey on it. You'd program the raw joystick presses via your key encoder that is probably registering joystick hits.

that's what I used to use when I had a IPac on my controller panel. But now I switched to GGG's Pinwiz-40. Because my IPAC was the ps2 connection, and the new tower I bought for the MAME didn't have a true PS2 port. If you try to convert it to USB, doesn't work. Won't let you program the Ipac. Ipac saw some of the inputs, but wouldn't you let you make any changes to anything. Was a big PIA. Was told GGG is a superior product. But GGG is a joystick emulator, not a keyboard emulator. So I have to configure joy2key to work to emulate the analogue readings i'm getting on the second joystick (that used to be key strokes with IPac, now it's X, Y)

2 weeks later
    #1066 8 years ago

I just got my virtuapin back up and running after the big upgrade from xp to win7. looks like i'll be overhauling again to go to VP10

#1094 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

massively broken future pinball flipper physics. Sorry, but its really hard to take anyone seriously as a pinball player that thinks future pinball is even kind of playable. If you play those games then the real games the difference is so incredible you shouldn't even touch future pinball. .

Markmon and I don't agree often, but I have to agree 100%. Future pinball is dogshit. Pretty looking dogshit. Looks great, plays like ass. I didn't even put it in my cab due to the physics being so god awful. I think the guy that made future pinballs physics program, never played a game of real pinball in his life. Or Stevie Wonder helped him program it.

#1099 8 years ago

also, my experience with future pinball was about 2 years ago. VP has also recently improved physics, which were pretty good already. So they may have made some drastic improvements.

#1112 8 years ago

well that FP looks about as good as the physics are (opinion based on physics from 2 years ago)

3 weeks later
    #1234 8 years ago

finally had some time to dig into my VP pin. Got the phymod 5 up, VP10 up and with pinball X, works pretty slick.

Having some difficulties I can't figure out.

My tables that use VP9X all have glitches with tables being sloped, or ball drifting around. But the analogue nudging isn't turned on, so I don't know how that's possible. I know I have problems calibrating it right now. Seems way out of whack even when calibrated.

DL'd the new metallica table on physics5 table. Overall it's fantastic. But the ball gets stuck on the tops of both slings if the ball rolls slow. like it falls in a grove up there. But since my nudging feature is off right now, I can't nudge it out. and the roms just ends the ball. :/

#1237 8 years ago

I have a question about VP10

I notice some tables have weird shit happening a lot. Like the bottom half of the playfield, the ball acts like it's rolling through mud or something. Does very fast slowdowns and just goofy shit in general. I take it, it's spin that is over exaggerated. Is that global table setting I need to adjust, or do I have to click on each individual item the ball contacts?

Also, did someone print a guide on VP10 and what all the settings mean and do? I printed one out for 9X, but I think I need an updated one for 10 so I know what does what.

#1239 8 years ago

for me. Tron is acting really weird. metallica play and felt great. Only needed minor adjusting.

#1244 8 years ago

yes, the search functions on Vpinball and VPuniverse, do not work for shit. Or I don't know how to use their search boxes. Only way I find stuff on their sites is to go outside to google, then type in what i'm looking for and look for their site. Trying to do it internally, comes up with no results. WTF?

#1267 8 years ago

my virtuapin machine is the 2nd most expensive machine I own. Was it worth it? It is now, that I can load all Stern Sam stuff on it. Lets me play and learn tables that I would not want to own. especially for a tournament player. It's very well needed. The physics in physmod5 and VP10 are very close to the real thing. Shot pattern in VP10 is so damn close now, it's worth having a machine. One machine to pretty much play anything you want.

Recently I loaded.

Capcom Kingpin. needed a lot of reworking and adjusting, but got it playing like my pinball magic now. I've never got to play this in the wild. now I can play it whenever I want.

King Kong- Very good version available

Rare games that are not worth owning but ok to play once in awhile.

Big bang bar has a nice VP10 table. much closer than the VP9x version and better rez graphics.

I'm having trouble with my nudging. If I turn it on. all my tables are steep as shit. So steep, that VP10 tables cannot even launch the ball. They are like the backbox on Banzai run. I've tried calibrating it numerous times. Is there a way I can zero it out, so the slant it's on, is 0 position?

Did anyone make a manual on explaining all the settings in VP10? that would be helpful. I have one for VP9 but 10 is so different.

#1270 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

What are your nudge settings set at? Dead zone and gain?

i was trying to work with it last night.

I put it as high as 35% dead zone, and gains kept at 150 and 150 for x and y. when i moved them higher, the ball would roll up the flipper and was to exaggerated.

the 35% dead zone was for one of the tables. I had it at 24% and worked fine, but then tried another table in VP10 and the ball was all over the place, so I jacked it up. Seems like it changes from table to table. Rolling stones (stern) in vp 10 was fine at 24%. Then I tried something else and it was terrible and slanted steep again. And had to move it to 42%.

Btw, I found out I have the nanotech nudging hardware. It was fine when I had Xp, but now that i'm in WIn 7, it's terrible. When I turn it off, everything is fine.

#1272 8 years ago

i know it's jittery. but the dead zone should get rid of that, but it's not even that, that's the problem. It's the fact that it's slightly angled, which makes me have to have my dead zone so far out. And I can't figure out why it changes from table to table?

#1274 8 years ago

i've done like 10 calibrations. It will not go center. it always goes lower than center because it's mounted on a tilt. It should zero out as center when it says, have it in it's resting position and press next. Which I do, but for some reason that is not the case.

#1276 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The nanotech is garbage. My suggestion is to replace it.

yea, i know. It was the only technology available back then. It really hasn't had that much use and pretty much brand new. Shame to pitch it for an upgrade

#1282 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The freescale solution is like $15 amazon.com link »
    For such a cheap price why hassle with garbage for even one day?

i'm looking at that, and have no idea how I would even hook that up with the setup I have.

#1285 8 years ago

I think mine plugs in with a USB on one end, and has some pS2? connection on the other? Which connects to this long panel with screws on it with wires on each one. Don't know what it goes to.

My concern with that one, is that it looks like there arn't any connections on it. Looks like solder pads for pins.

#1287 8 years ago

I solder great. I just don't know how to take apart a USB connection and solder it to the points it suppose to go. Looking at the picture, doesn't seem like it's self explanatory. I do have an analog plunger..that works great.

#1289 8 years ago

so you don't need to use any of the other ports. just USB into the computer and let it work from there? Sounds similar to the Ipac. Which I still havn't worked on my GGG wiz40 yet either. Which is the next project i'm going to work on and get my mame up and running..hopefully.

41n9l7081ZL_(resized).jpg41n9l7081ZL_(resized).jpg

#1292 8 years ago

don't know if that is something I could tackle. Having a hard enough time just relearning VP and trying to figure out VP10's new stuff. For now, the nudge being off doesn't really matter a whole lot. My cab is so heavy, that I can barely move it anyway. only nice when you need to shake a ball out of somewhere.

#1296 8 years ago

markmon seems to know his shit when it comes to this stuff. I'd ask him directly.

1 week later
    #1322 8 years ago

virtuapin.net I thought had MPU graphics kits available. Or look what his premium models run and look from there. I bought my widebody extreme from him like 3 years ago, and even now it still is strong enough, I never get ,lag even with high demand tables.

#1324 8 years ago

just saying it's a good guide if he wants to know what hardware works good. Some tables lag cuz they are built bad, nothing you can do about those.

1 year later
    #1874 6 years ago

if anyone is interested. I have an empty zaccaria strike cabinet i'll be selling. Has the narrower head like williams 1 player EM's, so doesn't take up as much space. Very solid cabinet. $75 if anyone is interested.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.