Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2340 3 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Can someone who is wiser than me also comment on the Virtual Reality pins from Retroplay?
    Will VR make the virtual pin look more like a regular pin?
    Pros? Cons?
    Link to their VR pins:
    Theatre of Magic at 10m 47s. Looks impressive.

And this is why the authors of the software and recreations hate these companies. RetroPlay did not develop any of the software or recreations. These are all community driven and free for anyone to take the time and learn. Even buying from these all in one places you will have to learn how to update if you want newer tables and the learning curve for installing on existing is much higher than learning it from scratch. The VPX VR stuff is even more complicated than normal vpx. You can see all of the available VR pins here https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-vr-tables/

#2391 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

The Diner VPX is an incredible reproduction, top shelf. The Robocop is really great too... I don't remember a Popeye one.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/popeye-saves-the-earth-bally-1994/

I suggest anyone dipping their toes in VPX take a look at the latest Totan, CV, addams, world cup soccer. Many of the more recent recreations are using updated dynamic flipper physics. Check out ones by wrd1972 in particular as his recreations are incredible when it comes to physics.

1 week later
    #2459 3 years ago

I purchased my mini thru recroommasters although they don't sell it anymore. The kit was really well designed and went together well. https://www.recroommasters.com/40-Virtual-Pinball-Machine-p/rm-xt-40-pin.htm. It's a barebones kit but the designs are good and the button setup is plug and play with VPX and FX3. Just add your pc and monitors.

1 year later
    #2806 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

this thread has been quiet for a while. A bit on my mind is vpx 10.7 beta. I haven’t tried it yet because I feel a bit too much the noob and am afraid I’ll screw something up. What are other folks doing right now with this? Is it going to be a big change? Based on the way 10.7 playfields are rendered with 10.6 I’m guessing there are some big changes coming with the playfield appearance.

Create a folder in your existing vpx directory and place the contents of the 10.7 zip file within it. You can run it from there and I think you can setup an alt config to use the 10.7 executable in pinup popper. You can have both on your machine at the same time and they will share the vpmame setup. There are not many 10.7 specific tables yet but the ones that do exist are nice. I think I have 3 on my machine. I have not configured my vpin to only be 10.7 yet. I've noticed a few issues with older tables that has me keeping 10.6 as the primary.

#2808 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

Thanks for that. That sounds almost too easy! So if I unzip the 10.7 file in a separate directory I just start 10.7 executable first and then load a 10.7 table ? What about the other adjustments like buttons, dof config, screen setup, b2f, pinscape, etc. Some of these will have to be done again for 10.7 won’t they?

I believe they share the same config. It really was that easy. unzip to a different directory and load the 10.7 files with it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=c0untdem0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.