Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,980 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 10 years ago

Not yet....I know it exists, but dunno how buggy it is yet. I'll likely look at it sometime in the future.

#66 10 years ago

With my virtual pins I don't really care about the physics.. sure it would be nice if they were as accurate as possible, but considering you can play the game for free if you have a VP it sure is nice. I just think of them for what they are... a video game re-creation and just have fun with it. Having said that most of my builds are 95% of VP and not FP, but just recently after realizing that Transformers and Tron are now out it made me check them out and accurate or not they look damn good.

1 month later
    #75 10 years ago

Here are a couple that I am working on right now... These are turning out to be pretty sexy.

DSCN1013.jpgDSCN1013.jpg
    DSCN1014.jpgDSCN1014.jpg
    DSCN1017.jpgDSCN1017.jpg

#83 10 years ago

85.. I've played TRON and played the real one at the Louisville expo and indeed I believe the recreation to be very good. Not 100% sure it is your version! but think it is. I got it from the pinsimdb site and it satisfies me enough not to consider getting a real one. (Least not so much anymore)

Anyone played the Avatar tables? I love what they did with the music, but the flipper control is pretty bad. It is VERY hard to hit the amp suit and link chamber. The table plays fast, but the ball comes off the flippers wrong.

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Anyone know any place that sells custom
    decals for pinball cabinets. iam getting a
    VP together and looking for some awesome
    decals for a williams widebody.. thanks

If you have high enough quality photos anything can become cabinet art. The TRON cab artwork came from avaiable artwork that was online. I did crop to fit my needs, but stuff that is in the 4,000x2,000 pixel range or 10-15 megapixel should be good for a full size cab. The sides of mine are roughly 3,000x1,200 original size for a cab that is basically 35" long and about 19" tall (at the rear). If anything the image was bigger than required for a 1 ratio.

1 week later
    #91 9 years ago

Here is one of those TRON cabs all completed... I must admit this one turned out pretty sexy.

#92 9 years ago

DSCN1030.jpgDSCN1030.jpg
    DSCN1029.jpgDSCN1029.jpg
    DSCN1036.jpgDSCN1036.jpg

#99 9 years ago

I think it is pretty dang good already.. any improvement will be greatly accepted though.

#102 9 years ago

Ironman and Tron are a couple of FP tables I've played recently and I think those play fine. Then again... being into both real and virtual pins I accept the fact that not everything is going to be exactly 100% and VP regardless of platform is after all a video game emulation of something physical. As long as the flipper to ball release point is not way out of whack I'm good. There is a version of Avatar I've played recently also that I really like the music and sound package they used which is largely completely different than the original, but still really nice... that being said the shots are super hard to hit because on that table there is something not right with the release angle or something. 85 vette said he did one and I have NOT yet tried his. Need to get around to setting up the new Sam system for his Tron and Avatar tables so I hear.

#104 9 years ago

That very Tron is the one I want to get setup on mine. At the moment I have one cab about 80% done... built a new one for myself and haven't got it all together yet. I've really enjoyed the Future Pin version and from what I have seen that one is great too. Anyone compared the 2 yet?

#115 9 years ago

Gregh... just to chime in... I have a good majority of tables I like that seem to work fine under my win 7 machine which is just a desktop machine (not a pinball cab), but there are weird driver things that can come up. I forget right off what driver version I'm using for my video cards, but some tables under some revisions can give launching/loading or even exiting issues. I believe the drivers I'm using are probably a couple or 3 years old. I think a lot of issues that can happen are DX support related stuff since they aren't optimizing for DX8 or 9 anymore. I just know that with the setup I use that basically 140-150 tables work really well.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Bub and Markmon. Was thinking on using a I7 processor is that overkill
    or what is the optimum processor to run them smooth and no lagging?

I've found that basically ANY processor that is 4,6,or 8 core that runs at 3.4+ Ghz runs fine... AMD or Intel. (I've got a setup on my mame machine which is a 3ghz core 2 that runs the few tables on it I have) I think I remember testing a couple of things with a buddy's i7 compared to an i5 and don't remember really seeing much of a difference. Given the choice if a 5ghz quad core existed I'd take that over an 8 core 4ghz processor any day since VP as it sits does not really do much else with the extra cores. I have stuck with the Nvidia cards for video though. I'm sure others have used ATi also though.

#134 9 years ago

I am pretty sure you can do an upgrade if you use win 7 pro....now if it botches it up or not .....dunno. I'd say if it performs fine now why bother?

4 weeks later
    #152 9 years ago

Anyone local or semi local to Columbus, Ohio looking to get into a 2/3 size machine for a good price? Asking $2100 for a show / demo model that has been to a couple of pinball shows. It just has a tiny scratch near the rear and side of the unit on the left backbox side, but other than that it is in super excellent condition. Looking someone local or semi local to Columbus, OH. Can deliver within 2.5 hours for a delivery fee of $1.33 per mile (charged just TO your location only)

Processer is a 3.4ghz i5 with 650GTX video, 64gig SSD, 4 gig RAM, 32" playfield and 23.5" backbox monitor. PM me or post here if you are interested or for more pics.

192374-i.jpg192374-i.jpg

#153 9 years ago

This unit is SOLD.

#158 9 years ago

As long as the wood is sanded smooth and dust removed I've had great success with just applying directly to the wood with the adhesive that my printer puts on the back of the decals. Spray paint actually creates a bit of a roughness after you paint... so unless you paint and then lightly sand again it won't be as smooth as I personally would like it to be. FWIW some of the wood I've been using lately has been pre-primed on one side, but I hate sanding primed wood... gunks up your paper real quick... so half the time I actually try to put the primed sides on the inside of the cabinet because they are just more of a pain to sand compared to regular flat black.

#166 9 years ago

Flat paint is always best for anything you want black.. Touches up basically perfect. Spraypaint followed by brillo pad body sanding style pads gets stuff SUPER smooth and takes off very little material overall. They sell 3 different colors... gray, green, and red. I've usually used the gray and red pads... never tried green. They are all different "grit levels".

4 weeks later
    #167 9 years ago

Here is one I just finished for myself. Went ahead and did the side rails a matching custom color. Was thinking about doing the orange/dark blue thing, but thought this looked better and more uniform.

DSCN1295.jpgDSCN1295.jpg
    DSCN1301.jpgDSCN1301.jpg
    DSCN1303.jpgDSCN1303.jpg

#177 9 years ago

Gregh43.. No.. I haven't gotten into force feedback and I do like the flush mount monitor for the reasons that markmon mentioned. I actually think the sub and the internal sounds provided by the games is feedback enough without all of the extra gear. I did put a motion board in this particular one for myself, but I'm not a big pin shaker FWIW.

I build functional budget model machines for folks. I have played and talked to shakenbake about their VPCabs at a couple of shows and like Lonnie. Nice guy. I think we both agree that each other build a solid machine that appeal to different folks for different reasons. Ones like I've shown here are $2500-2600 pending a couple of small options.

Everyone I've ever talked to.. both previous customers and people that check them out at the pinball shows really like them.

#186 9 years ago

I've owned a few real pins including an ACDC with a Flipper Fidelity system and honestly the sub and sound quality out of quite a few small 2.1 systems costing around $50 or less sound better than even a FF system. The FF systems sound good, but the bass you get out of a real sub.. (even a small one) is just un-matched. Another nice thing with virtual is potential for using headphones easily. The sky is the limit, but just think.. you're not buying a home theater setup here.. the quality of even a stern of FF system is not home theater quality.... let alone that most music and samples in a pin aren't what you'd call THX quality either.

#203 9 years ago

Nanotech. http://store.nanotechent.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=64 Actually looks like they are either on sale or they reduced their price. These kits used to be $140.

#206 9 years ago

Is that cabinet a complete rectangle with no slope to it?

#218 9 years ago

Visual Pinball & Future Pinball with Hyperpin are indeed quite lengthy to setup and if you aren't a "computer person" you'll likely be banging your head against a wall when you see what all is involved in file placement and naming scheme. I'm not a programmer, but I am a computer person and I really don't like new setups or adding things to a build.

#222 9 years ago

Yea.. adding a table or 2 now and then isn't the end of the world, but setting up 150 or so on a new build isn't fun... especially if you are getting all the files for the first time.

#225 9 years ago

The 32's are a great size, but not for a regular size cab. If I build a bigger one for myself one day I'll prolly likely use a 37" playfield and 27" backbox. Currently I do 32" playfields with 23-24" backboxes. This would be a custom cut cabinet for the monitor though... Monitors in standard cabs all depend on bezel... bezel... bezel... or rather lack of one.

I'm pretty sure 37's and 39's are pretty common to fit in a regular cab, but a 37" with a tiny bezel might be a bit small where a 39 with the same bezel might be perfect. A 37 you might not have to decase where most 39's unless it is extremely little bezel around the monitor you'd likely need to decase. I think I heard somewhere where someone got a 40" in a standard cab by routing out some of the thickness of the plywood sides near the top. If you build the cab the sizing is up to you.. if you have a standard cab you'll have to shop around with your measurements.

I believe a 37" you'll have a good 7" or so of blank space at the end of the cabinet... with a 39" prolly 4-5". Only a custom cut cab will have little to no slop. I usually have about 1/2" - 1" free around the edges of mine so I don't have to re-measure cab dimensions for each specific playfield..

#230 9 years ago

nicoga.. I've used standard arcade switches and those are fine, but do "click" more than a leaf switch. I just recently used some new buttons for the flippers only that are internal leaf switch styles... where the switch and mechanism is built into the button and those work great. Both has equal response IMO.. just one is more noisy than a real pin.

Was gonna use some virtuapin leaf switch button mounts, but found out the buttons were too fat to fit in the holes I had drilled and hence haven't used them. (yet) Sucks because I got some cointaker color changing clear flipper buttons and now I can't use them. I had already put the artwork on the cabinet so... trying to ream the holes out bigger woud be a problem where trying to do it could botch my artwork. Maybe one day I might try using a dremel sanding wheel and do it slowly so I can use those.

#239 9 years ago

My experience with monitors is that spots smaller ones seem to be faster or better because of minimal enhancements on small units. The bigger ones may require more tweaking. Either way....yea...might have to test out a few to know what is best regardless of price.

1 week later
    #260 9 years ago

Agreed rockrand. I don't care for a lot of the older pins either, but a play or 2 is fun....and when you don't have to worry about the maintenance of a 20+ year old machine http makes it extra good. As a gamer and pinballer I can respect both sides, but agree that it scratches the itch more than enough for most things......except the new ones you can't get yet.

6 months later
    #313 9 years ago

Nice.. I have a mame cab and have installed future and visual pinball on it, but didn't yet know something that allowed both arcade game roms and pinballs to be loaded from the same menu system... cool. Moving the DMD down to the bottom isn't all that bad either.

2 months later
    #395 8 years ago

I will agree that the sunken monitor has a certain degree of original pin look to it, but like NextoPin said... having it all the way up should make for a slightly brighter image. I have seen some monitors that have HORRIBLE angle viewing to where that extra could make a difference, but most of those are from years past. Most current ones should be pretty decent regardless of the drop down from the glass. I can appreciate both schools there and can't really say there is any "right" or "wrong" way to do anything in regard to these things. My personal preference is up against the glass though.

#401 8 years ago

Gregh.. check out pages 2 and 4 of this same thread... you'll see about 8 or so pics of several cabs I've done.. couple trons and a misc graphic. Lonnie from VP cabs has played mine and knows they are a really nice mini for the price. Likewise... VP cabs does a nice machine too, but just a different variation.

#430 8 years ago

Maybe it was someone else Nexto.. the whole category is a bit hard to read with all of the different comments and corrections.

3 months later
    #527 8 years ago

There are discussions on here somewhere about flat to the glass or angled.. personal preference based on monitor and settings to some degree, but a simple fact is that the more perpendicular your head is to the monitor the better the viewing experience should be... just imagine being in a room watching a tv.. the more off angle you get the crappier the color and viewing experience is. Unfortunately 3d does not work off axis either... twist your head in relation to a TV or at a theater and you'll notice the 3d goes away. If you do nothing else drop the front leg levelers as low as comfortable and raise the rears to the max and ever with a screen that is lowered in the cabinet you'll get more favorable angle. Not as much as raising the monitor, but more. Try stacking a couple of phone books under the rear legs and lower the front to the ground... that would give you the best case scenario just to see it.

#535 8 years ago

A launch ball button will fix any plunger clearance issues anyone might have if you don't mind just using that instead.. and agreed that a 39" TV is the best size for a standard non-custom cabinet.

On another note.. just finished another unit up for someone.. Some new art was sent my way and given the content I asked if they wanted to do lightsaber colors for the legs. Turned out pretty cool. My personal preference is for all black legs and black top rails, but it is what they wanted. I pretty much nailed the colors of the saber legs though.

DSCN3052.JPGDSCN3052.JPGDSCN3052.JPGDSCN3052.JPGDSCN3045.JPGDSCN3045.JPG

#540 8 years ago

Mine are 32 Gregh.. and never used a stock cabinet of any sort.. I cut all my own. I don't even like real wide body pins.. I did play one that was a 46" widebody and it was entirely too big for me.

Agreed that glass is cheap and plastic is totally a dust magnet.

#542 8 years ago

Yep.. 32". As far as mounting a beast that big... prolly best with some huge horizontal mounting bars or a big sheet of ply to support it. Even if thin and relatively light it is gonna be relatively heavy given its size.

#545 8 years ago

Gregh.. probably looks bigger cause it has a pretty small bezel plus the fact that the full size machine that is behind it is probably 4 feet or so behind it making the one in the front and the one behind look a lot more close in size. I mean it is about 2/3 the normal size, but the angle and distance there makes them look more the same size.

Also.. 32" really isn't all that small especially when you consider how close you stand to it. I've made one before that had a 24" for the playfield and that one started to feel small...mostly because I wanted the cabinet width to not feel too skinny... so having it still be like 16" wide or something it still had a pretty big bezel area all around and at the rear. (These 32's are about 19" wide) On these I have only about 1/3" all the way around... no huge gap at the rear like most do. That is the benefit of a custom cut cabinet opposed to just using a standard cab. Stuff fits like a glove.

#547 8 years ago

Sort of asking the wrong guy.. if I do a personal cabinet that is bigger I'm gonna do a 39" / 32" (upper) I'd do a 37" for the playfield, but 37's are few and far between... 39's are everywhere. One of the first virtuals I saw was an ultra wide body and I just don't like stuff looking bigger than in person... I mean the size of the pinball is somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a handball on monitors that big. (let alone all of the other parts of the pin) Pretty convinced that except for the extra couple inches of filler you need on a standard cab that a 39" or 40" is pretty much the perfect size especially in a custom cut cab. (so there isn't nearly the slop area).

#549 8 years ago

ALWAYS run game mode and turn off any TV "software enhancements". As far as 2 video cards.. Meh.. Debateable... I'm currently running 150 on mine and they all run great. Now.. if you run 3 physical displays instead of just 2 it may make a difference, but from what I've seen with 1 card with enough power can handle the backglass, playfield and superimposed DMD on backglass fine. Allocating resources within the video card to run the actual physical 3rd output might end up being the difference. I know now a days that most video cards have 2 DVI and HDMI or some variant of that which makes it possible for 1 card to do it all output wise.

#553 8 years ago

The tables scale accordingly.. never really thought about it. 650GTX or better should do for the most part I'd say. Having said that I use nothing less than 3.5ghz quad cores and SSD's.

#557 8 years ago

T2 seems to be one of those tables that is sort of borderline..... Bride of Pinbot also.. dunno what the deal is, but that table in Visual Pinball seems to be the one most likely for people with lesser hardware to run smoothly. It is a great looking table (t2) and that might be part of the problem....or the programming. I know any 1 gig card should handle tables fine and I've seen no difference between 1 gig and 2 gig cards when the textures for these tables use a small portion of the memory. I think that on a machine closer to 3ghz T2 seems to have more ball stutter. If you turn the back glass off it can smooth it out. (hence why I'm saying that it is a borderline table pending your hardware) If you can play BOP and T2 smoothly everything else will scream.

#578 8 years ago

That is what I said 2 days ago Gregh.. turn on game mode and turn off any "software enhancements" the TV has. Don't think I've ever seen anyone have performance issues as long as they've done that.. unless they have a 10 year old PC they are trying to use.

#594 8 years ago

I bet the launch ball button would fit, but bet he just likes slappin' the side of the cab. On the minis... I had built 2 minis with a 24" playfield and 19" 4:3 backbox... it was cool, but when you get that small it starts feeling more like a toy pin and less like something much more substantial. When you get into 27 - 32" land then the look and feel starts to transition from that to more feeling like a full size. I have nothing against them... there is this guy that used to build SUPER mini cabs for the ipads and those are pretty dang cool, but for my taste entirely too small to really play.

Here is a video of one of the 24" ones... this was a pretty early build and wasn't 100% complete yet, but if you look close you can see how big the bezel around the monitor was just because much skinnier and shorter and to me it just started feeling a bit awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mtMVkyNrwVM

1 week later
    #617 8 years ago

This one turned out really nice. I tried putting some LED lights on the bottom which makes for a pretty crazy presentation with the music playing in "random"... personally for myself it is a bit much when playing.. especially in a room with white walls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bpL47cAW8pg#t=59

DSCN3092.jpgDSCN3092.jpg

DSCN3064.jpgDSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3065.jpgDSCN3065.jpg

#624 8 years ago

pudluther yea.. it can stay constant.. It does like 8 or 10 colors or random music strobes in 2 modes and an RGB fade mode too.

#645 8 years ago

pudluther --I was at the Cleveland show a couple weeks ago and played several of the models that VPCabs had there and noticed the exact same thing.. ball would shift noticeably right or left from time to time.. It moved WAY more than when you tried to nudge the cabinet.. which in all honesty I couldn't hardly see when I was trying to nudge it. I'm talking several times during a 5-8 minute play. Lonnie from VPCabs said that it is hard to set the dead zone to be "good" for every cabinet cause each cab has different tolerances and behavior.

I've never noticed it on my cabs, but I don't usually use motion boards... when I did try using a Mot-ion board I saw the exact same behavior though... and I don't use any sort of solenoids, clickers, or gear motors of any sort. I recently got a VirtuaPin motion board kit and have not yet tried it out, but as I understand it their calibration is auto or self calibrating and are not subject to "mostly centered and calibrated" with an occasional jitter.

#682 8 years ago

Best way to make sure you don't mess it up is get yourself something like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost and clone the drive to another hard drive or do a clone backup to a bluray. Prefrably another HDD direct clone... then you can unplug and check the clone first for functionality and then go to town once you know the new drive boots and leave the original disconnected and safe.

#694 8 years ago

Dang that sucks pudluther. Was it still powering on and showing the screens or is there bubkis on power on?

#715 8 years ago

Hrm.. not seeing Sam.vbs there.

#724 8 years ago

Oops.. looks like the sam file is in the download.

1 week later
    #740 8 years ago

When you say "real DMD" are you talking about a pinball dot matrix or just a 15" monitor where a portion of it is being used as a DMD? Usually you just move your mouse until you see it sweep across the DMD area and just drag and drop it where you want it. I've never used a true dot matrix, but in a simple 3 screen setup that is how it works.

1 month later
    #845 8 years ago

I've always used the Ipac2 setup.... firs the PS2 version and now the USB version... Only difference I've ever seen in those 2 was programming/ loading presets took longer in the PS2's... response wise if the USB is faster it is so minute that I can't tell the difference. I think a buddy of mine has used those in a full PC mame cab before... I guess the better way to put it is that anything I or a friend of mine has ever built has always had great response times and I think 3 or 4 different setups have been used in various applications... I think in this day and age you'd have to find a pretty pitiful 3rd world clone of a knock off of a knock off of a knock off to find one that isn't acceptable. The kits that come from the virtual pin site is good too... although quite a bit more $$ but it does do tilt / plunger support.... where that one linked is just for buttons more like the ipacs.

2 weeks later
    #880 8 years ago

Wow... nice..

1 month later
    #1233 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i haven't messed with any video settings...i am just running everything as it came from vpcabs. i know nothing of video cards...been out of the pc game way too long. wonder if i should mess with anything?
    per their website, this is my setup:
    "The heart of this system will be an Intel processor, GTX660 graphics processor for the playfield, GT210 graphics processor for the backglass and DMD, 120gb Solid State Drive, 8gb of RAM, 600 watt power supply and a Water CPU cooling system for easy overclocking. Windows 7 64bit comes pre-installed."
    only thing i have changed is the hard drive...i opted for a 1TB SSD to completely future proof the thing...i figure the computer will die before i have to worry about storage space again. lol.

You need to check the system properties if you wanna see what video card(s) you are running. Their website is a bit out of date and know last time I saw one they had a different card than the one listed... also 99% sure they aren't water cooled.

1 week later
    #1281 8 years ago

Delt31... VP cabs does make nice cabs and you do pay quite a bit for them. It partially depends on how much into it you wanna go as to how much you wanna spend. I build 2/3 size units that are great looking and performing units. I've been building them for about 3 years myself also and never had a complaint yet. They don't have shakers and solenoids and such, but they give you the most bang for the buck functionality wise in a size that feels nearly full sized and at the same time does not take up quite as much space. You can look back for my ID in this thread and see a few pics of a few that I have done. I have many more I can PM or e-mail you if you have any interest.

3 weeks later
    #1393 8 years ago

Phod... been in computers a long time and build VP's... only times I usually see hard locks or blue screens there is something hardware that is dropping the ball somewhere. I'd say 60% of the time it is RAM related, 20% hard drive, 10% motherboard/cpu, and 5% video card 5% power supply. I'd swap out the ram first or pull one stick if you have 2 and swap em around before anything else.

#1399 8 years ago

A 460 seems like a pretty weak card IMO.. even if just for 2 displays. How much ram does that card have? Either way.. so.. is that VP like 6 or so years old? Getting into weaker or older hardware could be a bunch of different spec or driver issues and / or other stuff not playing nice together.

#1402 8 years ago

Might not need to install a new driver... some packs service a wide range of cards, but a 4xx card to even a 600 series will likely need a new driver download if you were to replace it. At this point if you clone it as is you can do whatever you want to it and won't "mess up" anything... and you will likely learn a few things too.

#1414 8 years ago

Yep Phod.. what markmon said

4 weeks later
    #1460 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anyone build a virtual pin cocktail cab? I've been thinking about it.. it would be nice to have something that doesn't necessarily take up the space where a machine could reside.

Myself and a friend do cocktail machines, and have even done PC based builds, but never put pinball on it. Part of the reason we've probably never done it is because we use 4:3 displays and the pinball really should use a widescreen. Button placement would likely be kind of awkward too if you consider the usual control panel width plus the glass top that kind of gives cocktails a restricted feel IMO.

Another thing... people think that cocktails take up less space... really they don't for the most part unless you are talking about some mega 4 player cabinet. The floor space is pretty similar overall... they just aren't as tall.. if you factor in semi permanent chairs sitting in place on 1 side or both sides all the time then they definitely command more floor space by quite a bit. I have a personal machine that is just like the one in the video.. an 80's converted Dynamo cabinet that I slapped one of the big boy X-arcades (with trackball) in place of the standard controller setup. Works great for pinball and games especially because of the buttons on the sides of the x-arcade sticks.

2 weeks later
    #1476 7 years ago

Holy hell.. nice! Agreed they might have been able to do something cheaper and seeing how well versions on Visual Pinball run I'm not sold on the whole "new modern machines need better hardware" thing... least not where a PC is concerned. On phones and tablets they do have to cut resolution and corners to make it work smooth, but I bet a 3-4 ghz AMD or Intel Quad core or higher has tons of CPU left unless the detail was like quadrupled or something. Digital release at the time of REAL release... that would be awesome!

2 months later
    #1544 7 years ago

If you upgraded to 10 why not just not disable internet connectivity.. that is a simple fix to stop ALL changes to the machine. Also... windows 7 will likely be extended on support just like XP still is....... Yep.. Windows XP is still able to update till 2019 if you do a small registry tweak... so I wouldn't be surprised if 7 gets upped to like 2025. Heh. Here is the XP tweak article. http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/05/27/simple-hack-gives-windows-xp-users-5-more-years-of-support/#25dabbc1208a

2 weeks later
    #1551 7 years ago

Dang that takes up a lot of real estate, but a cool project. I like it.

4 years later
    #2625 2 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Anybody selling...?...Looking to treat myself this fathers day....Ideal would be 4K packed with Stern/Williams tables...lmk...Thank you........Joey

Added yesterday: Scratch that...found something to hold me over for now....

I've got a custom art (Ironman) VP Cabs LE model that I'm looking to sell. Its a few years old, but a really solid machine with absolutely no wear on it and quite honestly very low hours. I don't believe its probably even been powered on more than 100 hours and actually played probably half of that. I'm in the Columbus, Ohio area.

It has some LED strips on the bottom of the unit too which I added extra.

Would be worth your while if you were willing to drive to come get it or have a service do it.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#2628 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

We would need to see the specs on computer components, displays and other hardware like the force feedback if any? But beautiful cab for sure!!

Here are some pics of the unit... including the spec screens.. It is a Full VP Cabs LE model with all of the bells and whistles. It has 155 tables and has Pinball FX3 loaded via steam also.

20210624_202459_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202459_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202419_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202419_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202152_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202152_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202147_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202147_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202140_resized (resized).jpg20210624_202140_resized (resized).jpg20210624_201916_resized (resized).jpg20210624_201916_resized (resized).jpg20210624_200000_resized (resized).jpg20210624_200000_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195919_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195919_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195634_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195634_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195618_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195618_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195528_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195528_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195510_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195510_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195335_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195335_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195244_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195244_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195103_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195103_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195138_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195138_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195132_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195132_resized (resized).jpg20210624_194931_resized (resized).jpg20210624_194931_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195043_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195043_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195011_resized (resized).jpg20210624_195011_resized (resized).jpg
    #2629 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Is there force feedback/solenoids?

Yep.. it is a Full blown VPCabs LE edition with all of the bells ad whistles. Check out the pics I just posted. I will be linking a video shortly.. It is uploading to youtube currently.

#2630 2 years ago

I know someone will ask.. the displays are 32" and a 40" 1080 HD

This machine has low usage and I'm super OCD about things... it is super clean. No kids in our house (besides a 46 year old one) hah... Non smoking environment and I'm the original owner with original paperwork.

#2631 2 years ago

Here is a video in action.

#2632 2 years ago

I've gotten quite the flood of PM's regarding this machine. I believe my pictures and previous comments should answer pretty much everything.

The only thing I personally added was the LED's under the cabinet and the Ironman Artwork was custom. It was obtained through a resource online ... possibly from this very page and submitted to their graphics people to custom size and make the pieces. Literally this is a one off VP cabs machine. The hardware color.... the candy apple red was something they normally didn't do also. It does have the plunger and the motion sensing hardware.

Check out the pics and video and if there is anything I missed feel free to forum post or PM me. I've been on this page for quite some time, but been on quite the hiatus. Last year has been rough for a lot of folks and this is something I have decided I have to let go for funding other more important things.

#2633 2 years ago

--SALE PENDING-- Thanks everyone

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=bub2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.