Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acedanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2145 4 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Anyone messed with PinPup? Did you like it? Was it easy to install on your cab

Yes it's a better front end & it's a little tricky to get going... https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Make sure you have the latest pinmame & VPX 10.6 I had some help with my build.

4 weeks later
    #2173 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

I have all my tables tested and working in my cabinet. Now looking for a front end to install, should I go with PinballX or PinUp Popper? Pros and cons?

POPPER

3 months later
    #2201 4 years ago

This is my setup with VPX & Popper. Screen rotates to play dolphin steam, NES, SNES Dreamcast emus. Got wii motes for shooting games like operation Wolf T2 HOTD & others. Has accelerometer for nudge no tilt yet; also has spinner for tempest & others.

IMG_5716 (resized).jpgIMG_5716 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #2211 4 years ago

Check this PupDMD pack that's in development for TNA.

#2228 4 years ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

I'd definitely say this is true. I actually had UltraDMD working on my cab until very recently, and something I did trying to improve it's appearance broke it. The only real reason I haven't taken the time to get it fixed up is that I plan on replacing the computer in it in the next couple of weeks anyway, with one that I already have more or less set up and UltraDMD is working on, and more importantly, works the exact way that I actually want it to.

Delete Ultra DMD from Registry & re-install. Should take 5 - 7 minutes. I agree with 85Vett you'll def need to familiarize yourself with all of the moving parts that make up VPX & the front end Popper. Only due to the fact that there are usually one or two necessary updates which need to be done to enjoy newer releases. The only one I know that comes pre-loaded is VPcabs but they don't have VPX I think its future pinball & PinballFX2 & 3. It's a huge pita to get working but once you get it going it's well worth the effort Because of the talented community in the hobby there's a ton of tables that I have no desire in physically owning.

3 weeks later
    #2260 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

What do you think - should one make just a VP controller for Oculus Quest or would it be better to make e.g. a 3/4-size cabinet with backbox and make also a connection from VP to Oculus Quest? If there was a separate cabinet also, the guests could see how the playing is going, although the player would keep Oculus Quest and use it as his monitor. Thanks for any input!

I use an Xarcade tank stick

3 months later
    #2279 3 years ago

New stuff being developed with pinup & Orbital...
    IMG_6671 (resized).jpgIMG_6671 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #2283 3 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

I have a Samsung Odyssey VR headset and am thinking about trying to build a Pinsim cabinet for it. I can't find it, but does this setup support WMR? It only refers to Occulus.
    https://makezine.com/projects/shake-rattle-and-tilt-vr-pinball/

Yes, it should VPX in VR runs with steam https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5608-UPAH-6427

1 month later
    #2319 3 years ago

The visual pinball junkies group on Facebook has a comprehensive FAQ guide. A lot of cool people that can help with some of the components to get it running. It's always best to build yourself VP cabs does a great job but at some point you're going to need to understand how to add new tables & add them to front end popper. Always read the read me the new GOTG is awesome & there's new 4k scanned tables of the older Bally/williams!! Looks like we may end up getting batman 66 & DP soon too!!

7 months later
    #2563 3 years ago

Very sad news... a bunch of fucking morons will purchase these drives & will have no idea on how to set it up or add new tables. I added every table manually & would contribute when I could. Sad day

2 months later
    #2613 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Brian! Looks Great. I dont have the skills or know how to put it together with the wiring.. mounting the screens etc.. do you have any building plans on Sterns machines?. I like their backboxes with the display bezel and speakers. I have contacted Stern a few times about buying a empty cabinet. they wouldn't sell any.
    [quoted image]

Join Visual pinball junkies group on Facebook. They have. a FAQ & directions on wiring. They also have helpful recommendations on where/how to put Cab kits together.

7 months later
    #2825 2 years ago

Problem w/ buying a v-pin is you always need to know how it works update, add new tables Etc...

#2827 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I'd be pretty wary buying a pin all set up with software. If something breaks you're going to be in for a real headache trying to figure it all out later. If you do it yourself you know what needs to be done to fix it.

Exactly!! people sadly don't really get it & drop a ton of money on one then it goes down & they have no clue how to fix lol

#2836 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Anyone here try VPX VR with an actual vpin so it feels like you're standing at the table?
    I really liked it, more than playing on a screen by a long shot. I played better and understood the tables far better than on a screen.The problem is compatibility is not great with tables at the moment and worst of all, the headset gets so uncomfortable.
    Looking down in a VR headset is a bad experience. It's heavy and tires your neck out and you have to constantly adjust it to find the sweet spot.
    The day that VR headsets wear like glasses is the day I invest in a full VR pin setup. In fact I think when VR is run of the mill and light/easy to use you will see a huge boost in vpin users.

It's amazing feels like you really are playing that pin; I totally agree my oculus quest is uncomfortable so I can only play for short periods of time. Pretty awesome though!!

#2843 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Anytime I have an issue with my Ultra VP I recieve great support. My SSD may be starting to go so they gave me instructions on how to back it up. Pretty simple, they provide instructions and sometimes video, dumb it down for anyone to understand. But yeah, its a computer and no one really knows how to fix them if they break unless you are into IT? No different than owning an arcade. Some manufactures may not offer support which is crap.

But once again totally not cool that these machines are sold populated with developers hard work done to tables & dealers are making profit off their work

#2844 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Anytime I have an issue with my Ultra VP I recieve great support. My SSD may be starting to go so they gave me instructions on how to back it up. Pretty simple, they provide instructions and sometimes video, dumb it down for anyone to understand. But yeah, its a computer and no one really knows how to fix them if they break unless you are into IT? No different than owning an arcade. Some manufactures may not offer support which is crap.

Wow those are 8k lol I built mine for 2k

#2850 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Anyone offer any advice on cloning the HDD in a Virtual Pin? It's a VPcabs model. My 10 year old nephew worked his magic on it Christmas night. Totally fubar after he was done with it. Didn't even want to boot. I suspect he figured out how to turn it on and off, and did so several times and probably corrupted it. Lucky for me I had a cloned WD HDD and replaced the SSD that was in it. I'd like to get the SSD drive back. My plan was to make a new clone now that I have it all setup again. I bought a Samsung SSD 1TB drive. I would like to clone the WD HDD to the Samsung SSD so I am booting with the faster SSD drive instead of the platter drive. I would install the Samsung Data Migration software and create the clone on the Samsung SSD. Does anyone see a problem with this? My system is older, so it's running Windows 7 if it matters.

https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/true-image/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIntnR_6ms9QIVM8qUCR2UtwNxEAAYASAAEgJp4vD_BwE

1 month later
    #2913 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What would you suggest as far as prebuilt goes? You seemed ready to go for an Ultra VP, what was the thing that stopped you? The main concern for me is the main 60hz display. A lot of owners say it isn't a big deal but at $9k+ shipped I want the latest technology and a 3000 series card in it.
    The Ultra VP is expensive but from the pre built machines out there I don't see anything else that compares well. Xtreme Gaming Cabinets (6+ month wait to the US) has 120hz displays but their build quality and feedback mechs are not as good IMO compared to what I'm seeing with the Ultra VP. I don't have the time to spend building a cabinet and tinkering with settings for dozens of hours. I'll pay the $9k and figure half of that is labor costs and profit. Just want to have something that works well out of the box, and looks professional which so far the Ultra VP seems to fit.

1. Buy a used wide body
    2. join a good group on Virtual Pinball like junkies on Facebook
    3. Buy nice gaming PC & monitor

All of this shouldn't be anymore than 3500 tops

#2915 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What would you suggest as far as prebuilt goes? You seemed ready to go for an Ultra VP, what was the thing that stopped you? The main concern for me is the main 60hz display. A lot of owners say it isn't a big deal but at $9k+ shipped I want the latest technology and a 3000 series card in it.
    The Ultra VP is expensive but from the pre built machines out there I don't see anything else that compares well. Xtreme Gaming Cabinets (6+ month wait to the US) has 120hz displays but their build quality and feedback mechs are not as good IMO compared to what I'm seeing with the Ultra VP. I don't have the time to spend building a cabinet and tinkering with settings for dozens of hours. I'll pay the $9k and figure half of that is labor costs and profit. Just want to have something that works well out of the box, and looks professional which so far the Ultra VP seems to fit.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This is true but you forgot the skillset required and > a hundred hours of work (mostly configuring). To some people they would never do this and are looking for a turn key solution and willing to pay for it.

Yes, but you will always need to do updates to enjoy the newest games or to add possible tables you don't already have. YOU WILL NEED TO LEARN EVENTUALLY OR ELSE ITS A PAPERWEIGHT...

#2917 2 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This is true but you forgot the skillset required and > a hundred hours of work (mostly configuring). To some people they would never do this and are looking for a turn key solution and willing to pay for it.

Turn key solution doesn't exist period. It might be fine for three days or three months but eventually something will REQUIRE CONFIG. If you want into V-pin you need to learn basics sorry. BTW a lot of people get ripped off so buyer beware of pre-built v-pins.

#2919 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I hear you, but with the advent of Nailbuster's baller-installer. The barrier to entry is much, much lower than it used to be. The baller-installer holds your hand and walks you through every step of configuring your system for VPX and Future Pinball.
    There's still a lot to learn long-term, but that baller-installer is amazing for easing a person into things.

Once you get into it it becomes easier... but system will always require updates to get the better newer tables now w/ VPW & Front end Popper plus Freezy for DMD/Color. The community has done incredible things!!

#2921 2 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I haven't updated my VP for 8 years. I'm missing out on tons of new and improved's, but I still love the games installed. Iron man, Avatar, Tron and Avengers are some of the newest tables and my FFB controller is a quarter burnt out from carelessness. I'm just not willing to do the software.. and I enjoy it how it is. I built 3 of them from scratch back when there were no scripts to do anything.
    Take it how it is or be ready to tech for several hours for each update. My problem is I forgot a lot of how to do it and now I'm too lazy to relearn.

Ouch lol what are you on VP8 you are so missing out on 4k tables & major major improvements they have even released a very nice GOTG w/ Popper. Like mentioned there are groups & the community will answer question so if lazy enjoy what you have IMO that's like watching old DVD's instead of 4K Blu rays.

#2933 2 years ago

Some of you guys be damn lazy lol I'm out...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acedanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=acedanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.