Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2581 3 years ago

Literally been looking for one of these for a while. Obligatory wish you were closer post. lol

2 months later
    #2636 2 years ago

<blockquote
    Anyone remember off the top of their head how to turn on the ability to nudge in your vpcab? Using pinballX and cannot seem to find the setting.

#2639 2 years ago

I’m new to the virtual pin scene. Anyway, The cab I have has the front end pinballx. Which is where I play most of the tables. The setting must be in the virtual pinball app where all the tables reside. I believe that my vpcab table has the ability for analog nudging or you can assign it to a button. Just can’t seem to find where I enable this feature yet

#2641 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

As others have said, you need to get to the VPX settings to work through this. You will probably want to grab a keyboard and mouse to navigate windows. The front end (pinball x in your case) won't have these settings.

I’m making progress. I have a Bluetooth keyboard that I’m using. Figured out how to enable nudging with button presses. Haven’t figured out analog yet. The plunger works but it’s spotty and inconsistent. Appreciate the help. Figuring it out slowly but surely.

6 months later
    #2829 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I'd be pretty wary buying a pin all set up with software. If something breaks you're going to be in for a real headache trying to figure it all out later. If you do it yourself you know what needs to be done to fix it.

Second this as my 10 year old nephew just worked his magic on my Virtual pin over the holidays...PC wasn't even able to boot by the time he finished. Then, once I did get it to boot, half the tables didn't play properly. Thank god I had a Clone of the HDD from Day 1

#2831 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Yeah as much as I love the work the community has done in the virtual pin world it's very much a hodge podge of programs on top of programs and when things go wrong sometimes it's impossible to figure out without just resetting everything.
    For some reason half the time my GF tries to play our vpin she does something that makes it not work right. I typically have to reboot and make sure everything is turned on and loaded up in the right order. It can be very finicky and I'd be totally lost without having gone through the whole process once.

Agreed! They seem way delicate and finicky for my taste. I didn't build one from the ground up and I admit I was very ignorant of the inner workings. The last 10 or so days have been an education to say the least. One thing I just learned very recently is that different versions of Visual Pin do not like to live on the same HDD. LOL.

#2832 2 years ago

Also, I'm making a clone of my recently installed clone. No way I'm not having a backup

#2834 2 years ago

Good to know. I must have messed something up during setup. As 9.9 stopped working after I installed X. It would toss error messages at me left and right.

#2849 2 years ago

Anyone offer any advice on cloning the HDD in a Virtual Pin? It's a VPcabs model. My 10 year old nephew worked his magic on it Christmas night. Totally fubar after he was done with it. Didn't even want to boot. I suspect he figured out how to turn it on and off, and did so several times and probably corrupted it. Lucky for me I had a cloned WD HDD and replaced the SSD that was in it. I'd like to get the SSD drive back. My plan was to make a new clone now that I have it all setup again. I bought a Samsung SSD 1TB drive. I would like to clone the WD HDD to the Samsung SSD so I am booting with the faster SSD drive instead of the platter drive. I would install the Samsung Data Migration software and create the clone on the Samsung SSD. Does anyone see a problem with this? My system is older, so it's running Windows 7 if it matters.

#2852 2 years ago

Appreciate the links. I read about Acronis. Seems to get great reviews. I reached out via
    Email to tech support. The dude mentioned that he uses a stand alone device to do 1 for 1 copies, they don’t use software in the actual pc. He didn’t have a lot to offer

#2853 2 years ago

I’m sure it will be fine. Just a little hesitant for some reason.

#2856 2 years ago

I was able to clone to a new SSD. Bought a Samsung 1TB and used the software from Samsungs Website. "Data Migration" tool, part of Samsung Magician suite. Anyway, super easy and only around 25 minutes to copy from start to finish. Boot up is super fast and everything works as it should. Man did I over think this. Lol

5 months later
    #3164 1 year ago

So my cmos battery died on my mb and messed up the video settings (amongst other things) with visual pinball. Currently I can play games, but some dmd video is missing, while on others the back glass art is gone. Game plays fine otherwise...I’m trying to understand what changed in the bios settings that could have messed up video settings? One thing I noticed is the monitor order had been switched. The back glass monitor became the primary etc...any thoughts from more experienced virtual pin owners? Not at a total loss, but it’s been a minute since I’ve really dug into these things.

#3168 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice. I will check the various things mentioned here and report back

8 months later
    #3605 1 year ago

Could anyone with good technical knowledge about virtual pins give me a little guidance…Just recently upgraded my cab. Added ram, new video card, updated to windows 10 and vpx and pinup popper. Lost my haptic feedback coils, shaker etc. What am I missing? Drivers? I’ve read a little about DOF..Is that where I need to concentrate? Everything worked prior to the upgrades. So I know the hardware is functional. Really not sure where to start?? It’s a VPCabs pin. So is it a proprietary controller card issue?

#3609 1 year ago

Thanks all for the suggestions. I did finally get in touch with VPcabs and Brad has been trying to help. I'm currently working through the Dof config setup process. I'll see where that leads....

#3612 1 year ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thought Brad sold VpCabs to owner of Ultra VP? you spend big bucks on a machine they should offer support for their product.

Yeah, something went on there with a sale....just not sure what? Brad did respond and was helpful in getting me pointed in the proper direction. I was able to figure out how to get all the coils firing, as well as the shaker along with nudging/plunger functionality. Only burned up one coil when I left the room I didn’t realize it was still being powered. Ugh...wonderful burn smell in the game room btw. Live and learn. Lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=TomN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.