Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1755 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I finished wiring up my VR pinball cabinet this weekend and it works great with Pinball FX2 VR. This is easily the most immersive virtual pinball experience I've had. I'm blown away by just how good and fun VR pinball is with the Oculus Rift and a cabinet controller.
    Space wise the cabinet is great as it's only the first 10" of a real pinball cabinet (built to same specs) which also makes it easy to move. Total cost for the VR pinball cabinet + VR headset (Oculus Rift) + a high end gaming PC is around $2200-$2500. That's a big cost but the headset and especially PC can be used for a lot of other things besides VR pinball.

Wow, I wish somebody would offer commercial cabinets like that for the VR-experience!

2 years later
    #2232 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

just got vpx vr working well with my rift S and it's absolutely bonkers. I see no reason now to build another physical cab. The 3d really tricks the brain.
    If anyone wants to build me a small controller with force feedback and nudge, PM me.
    Really impressed. SS at 1.75 it's so clear. Running a GTX 1080 with i5 8600k and 16gb ram and it's playing well.

I bought the Oculus Quest, looks like I need to buy a new computer now.
    Also looking for a nice controller that would work games played back from the PC or PinballFX for Oculus Quest. Arcade Tank Stick would not work with Oculus Quest after all.

#2236 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lonzo:

I thought the Quest was the stand alone unit.

It was, but now there is the Oculus Link -cable:
    https://www.polygon.com/virtual-reality/2019/11/25/20982340/oculus-link-review-tests-latency

1 week later
    #2249 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anybody found a good build or place to buy one of the "pinsim" style controllers for VR? I would love to have nudging and some feedback added in there. Thanks!

Also I would have need for one. Maybe VirtuaPin could help and create a ready-made solution for us with analog plunger etc?

#2259 4 years ago

What do you think - should one make just a VP controller for Oculus Quest or would it be better to make e.g. a 3/4-size cabinet with backbox and make also a connection from VP to Oculus Quest? If there was a separate cabinet also, the guests could see how the playing is going, although the player would keep Oculus Quest and use it as his monitor. Thanks for any input!

8 months later
    #2356 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Man I just want to buy one of these pinsim controllers but hardware only. Where can I buy? I don't need software.

When waiting to get a pinstubby, there is always the Tankstick. Granted that it lacks the plunger and nudging sensors etc., but its a nice way to get to play the VR tables. One has to change the position of the flipper buttons though - for some reason they have put a lip to the Tankstick that covers a bit too much of the flipper buttons closest to the player. I think I would saw the lip off if I knew how to do it in an elegant way

Tankstick (resized).jpgTankstick (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #2490 3 years ago

Users of the tankstick for VR pinball: How are you dealing with the lip on the tankstick that covers the flipper buttons? Has somebody sawed the lip off or what have you done regarding it? What would be the best practice to get rid of the lip?

IMG_8927 (resized).jpgIMG_8927 (resized).jpgIMG_8928 (resized).jpgIMG_8928 (resized).jpg
    10 months later
    #2706 2 years ago

It would be good if there would be some better option for people to watch the gameplay when one plays in VR. The VR-image on the screen hovers around, so its not that usable. Best option would be VR for the player and the regular cabinet for the other people to watch the gameplay...

1 year later
    #3293 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Everything produced in virtual pinball is created without the consent of the copyright owner. Once I upload my games, I completely understand that I have no control over it, and people can do with it as they please. That's the nature of the beast, and why I'm fearsly protective of my best work, most of it never released.

And I was wondering why I could not find your mod for GB anywhere

#3297 1 year ago

It seems that Xtremegamingcabinets is now advertising 3D pinball playing with their cabinets using some anaglyph glasses. How has that been realized? I guess its not done via using BAM, but some other solution? I wonder how good the effect it. Any experiences here?

#3301 1 year ago

Does any manufacturer offer virtual pinball with BAM integrated? It would have to come with a cap/hat of some sort I guess It would be nice to see how good it looks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.