Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1364 8 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope, these displays are for real pinballs. They have a DMD connector that reads the output signal and colorizes the image on the LCD based on a database of colored frames that were colored by a colorist working on the title. Its a remarkable system and looks great.

But the RGB.DMD ones - the LED dot matrix, not the LCD system - could be used. (the PIN2DMD system..)

#1367 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Luvthatapex2 and Coyote for
    your info. I have the PinDmd2 display for
    my virtual. Coyote do you know how to
    change colors for the display? i know
    it supports differnt colors but havent
    been able to figure it out. thanks appreciate any help.

can't help with that one, I have the PIN2DMD one, which uses a different interface, sorry.

4 months later
    #1526 7 years ago

The tablepath\tablepath looks wrong- you never need to dupplicate a path.

#1546 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

soooooo...once the magic date hits (be it 2017 or 2030), will windows 7 just not work anymore? or it won't be supported with any updates?
    from a pincab perspective, why does it matter? i have all my updates turned off anyway (as far as i know).
    just genuinely curious. thanks.

Won't be updated. No OS just 'stops working' - it will continue to work fine - just that updates (patches, security holes, etc) won't be patched anymore. New drivers likely won't be made, and if you run into a problem and ever need to contact MS, they'll tell you to load in Win10 and see if the problem continues.

6 months later
    #1714 7 years ago

Hey guys, quick question -
    Looking for some games, and I haven't been able to find them. I'm wondering if there was ever a virtual version made. Right now, looking for Family Guy. Is there a VP or other version out there?

#1716 7 years ago

Ah, thanks! No idea why, but when *I* searched for that, I came up with everything involving 'Family' (which was all Addams Family)..

#1718 7 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Coyote please let me know if you were able to get that table working. did you get the Stern Kiss Table? if not . its a must.. Awesome table. the Author did a Outstanding Kick Ass Job. Looks Great! Thanks

Yup! I got the 'beta' table, did the patch to it. Since i had never run ANY 'SAM' games on my laptop, I had a PITA time trying to figure out why it wouldn't work at first, until the vpinmame.dll was upgraded. I don't have a Virtual Pin like all of you guys do; so I can't comment on physics or second-screen operation. (Heck, the game is pretty hard on my laptop, I had to disable a lot of the upper-end graphics features to play it.

Now that I can play SAM and newer games, I'll check out Kiss. That's been on my 'need to try' list for a while now, as that's one of the few games I never played out on location or in someone's collection yet.

#1721 7 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Coyote. hope you get a virtual machine sometime. was wondering since you play the tables on your laptop. do you need to download the Desktop tables? or do the full screen tables work? i need to get family guy table. looks cool. anything else i can try to be help with let me know.
    » YouTube video

Yeah, I have to get the desktop versions. And some can't handle wide-screen displays, so their aspect ratios are off. However, it's still a great way to play a game and get to know it before putting money down to get a real one.

#1725 7 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

If you use VP10 tables they have the ability to rotate automatically depending if you are using cabinet mode or desktop

Oh! May have to look into that. I'm using 9.91 now..!

#1728 7 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

9.91 oh boy that's so 2014
    Has come along way went through 5 versions of physmod and now VP10. If i go play a VP9 table I realize just how bad the physics were back then. Has come along way in the last few years.
    Best bet for information and advise is vpinball.com IMO for all things virtual pinball

I know, I know. But my laptop is so underpowered, I need all the help I can get.

1 year later
    #2012 5 years ago

In case folks here really care -
    Single slot doors were (back in the 90's) usually sent to countries that required an electronic coin mech. (Cashflow, G.30, etc) These mechs would accept a slew of coins and automatically pulse the correct coin switch. Countries the either had no ability for an electronic coin mech, or not enough current coins to warrant one would have three. Then the US, Canada and other countries would just have two. Whohoo.

3 years later
    #3061 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The person who posts the videos below does a great job of comparing a real version of a pin to a virtual version. His virtual cabinet is an Xtreme Gaming Cabinet premium with arcade controls with a 43" Asus 4K 120hz monitor. The Asus screen looks great. However, I can see why some cabinet makers have gone with a 49" display. With a 43" monitor there appears to be a loss of 2-3 inches vertically compared to a real game.

Real vs 43"
    [quoted image]

Until you move from side to side, or stand up straighter, or lean down, or...

1 year later
    #3693 9 months ago

Hey guys - random question as I know nothing about anything virtual, and not sure this would even be considered virtual. Heh. If this isn't virtual enough, apologies!

Anyone know if it's possible to have a small SBC (Rasp Pi, Arduino, etc) run a ROM in-memory, and control lights/LEDs via a controller (like a PD-LED from Multimorphic)?

#3697 9 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

I am no dev, but it sounds possible. VPX is now running on Android and Rasp Pi, but I fdo not have the knowledge you are looking for precisely here.

Thanks! You at least gave me some leads to poke into!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.