Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 10 years ago

Here is link to all the test versions of DX9 Visual Pinball. They are all linked from the first post in this thread.
    Currently test 13 is the most current.
    It is not complete yet but most tables play very well.
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26714&page=1

Once installed you must open up the video settings and choose to run in "Windowed Mode".

2 weeks later
    #100 10 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Figured this would be a good place to post this. Looks like someone is taking on the project of revamping the whole physics engine for VP. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27416

Already played around with the new physics mod for VP.
    It is not even finished yet and plays like a dream already on the test table.

#103 10 years ago

Tron plays awesome in the new SAM VP program. One of my most played tables at the moment.

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

is there going to be a new version of Visual Pinball coming out? ha ha not sure what you all are talking about?
    I have another dumb question to ask. whats the Difference in Future pinball and Visual pinball?? Thanks for the help..

Future Pinball does not use actual game Roms for sound and DMD display. It is all done by the programmer.
    Visual Pinball uses the actual game Roms and reacts exactly like the real machine.
    This point can be argued to death but Visual Pinball has much better ball physics than Future Pinball.

And as for your first question, Yes, there is new version of Visual Pinball on the horizon.
    It is in testing phase for Direct X 9 right now, which you can download and play with.
    I believe the next big upgrade will be for Direct X 10 coming soon.

#119 10 years ago

I am running on windows 7 as well just fine.
    My cabinet is running on an AMD Phenom 950 processor and an ATI 5670 video card.
    Plays all tables very smooth and my cabinet is coming up on 3 years old.
    The framerates on the new DX9 release are even better.

9 months later
    #282 9 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Hey all anything new in the virtual club? I have my virtual now.
    just trying to decide which front end to use. hyperpin or pinball x?
    does anyone if hyperpin will run great on a I7 with windows 7 64 bit
    thanks for any info on this

I have Windows 7 64bit running on an AMD and Hyperpin runs great.

#286 9 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

You guys (that currently own) really enjoy these as a addition to the line up?
    I ask, because I can buy a really nice pin for that price. I'm thinking as a "Addition" but, full size along w/force feed back and all the bells and whistles..equals a very nice pin..you guys happy with them after awhile? Or, does it tend to fall into that "never gets played" thing after awhile.

Took the time and built my own, so it was very economical and very worth it.
    Now If I had to shell out for a professional one I would double think it.
    But I and my family play in a lot of tournaments and VP is a perfect way to learn all the rules for every pin. Don't buy one for the realism or physics or you will be disappointed. However the ability to play whatever pin you want any time you want is fantastic.

#303 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Check out VPforums.org and VPuniverse.com. Both are great resources for assistance and tables. I spend most of my VP time at VPuniverse.com.

Exact opposite here.
    VPUniverse is a great site but not as active as VPForums.
    If I have a question it will be answered in minutes at VPForums.
    Sometimes days at VPUniverse.
    However that being said VPUniverse has some really cool stuf you can't get elsewhere.

2 months later
    #316 9 years ago

Hyperpin packs just have the wheel art, table images and instruction cards.
    You need to download the full screen tables separately, as well as any B2s files for active backglass and game roms.

#318 9 years ago

No Spanned tables. They are old school and outdated.
    You only need the Full Screen tables.
    If you are running an active Backglass then you need the B2s version.
    B2s is really the best way to go. Takes some heavy learning and setup but they are worth it.

#321 9 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks for the info. is there any settings i need to
    change for the display. when i view the table full screen
    it seems like everything is to up close. the bumpers
    look flat. doesnt look right.

I believe what you are referring to is the Layback settings.
    I have never messed with them but a lot of people do.
    Just search for Layback settings on VPForums and you should get the answer you are looking for.

1 week later
    #340 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Keep an eye out for U3D, It will make the rest of the simulators moot. Cab setup is as simple as dragging a window. Beta is supposed to be coming out soon.
    http://www.unit3dpinball.net/index.php?pa=showcase&categ=0
    It uses FP tables as the base, Unity as the graphics engine. It has DirectOutput support for LED's Flashers and Solenoids etc. You can run the cabinet and game sound on different adapters so you can simulate the force feedback sounds with a speaker inside the cab while the game audio comes out the speakers in the head. Also included is support for Oculus Rift VR and possibly head tracking with kinect or PSeye.
    The alpha version might be tricky to get going but it's already ahead of FP.

Tried one of the first betas of Unity. Was pretty but had a long way to go and was a big resource hog.
    Maybe I will give it another try. Does it have support for a real DMD or LCD screen only?

3 months later
    #459 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

hey all. was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust ball setting in VP. seems like the ball looks big and theres shadowing around the ball as it moves around. and anyone know which Guns n Roses table is the best to download. my table looks flat. no depth any settings to change or is that how it looks. thanks

Are you running desktop or full screen?
    I think the latest table from VPForums is this one from Dec 28, 2013.
    The sound on GNR is not the best and tends to have a bit of lag as well after a ball drain.
    I dont' know how to change the view or ball size.

GNR.pngGNR.png

#464 8 years ago

Welcome Fren.
    I have been playing pretty much nothing but Physmod 5 tables until VP10 becomes the norm.
    Lots of progress being made on it every day.

#481 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Made a post on this, but probably the perfect thread to put it. Check out the cool little feature tested.com did on our mini pins at California Extreme
    http://www.tested.com/tech/535400-pinballbulbs-mini-virtual-pinball-cabinet

Thanks for sharing.
    That will be a good way for people that do not want to take the time to build their own cabinets and still be able to jump in at a low price point.

#492 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

» YouTube video
    Check the details in the video as it has a list of everything in mine. Granted my PC was probably a bit overdone.

That was a long time ago. Only two real pins in the collection back then.

1 month later
    #612 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Since your talking about AC/DC Table .The
    will run without the backglass. but when i
    run the game with a backglass i get a windows error VP991 not responding and wont run. anyone else have this problem??
    any fix for it thanks

I thought AC/DC was for Physmod5 only.
    Might be wrong, will have to check.

#664 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

any idea on how much longer they're gonna be producing Metallica's? based on past runs?

I have heard from sources that the Metallica license expires in late December.
    I would think this latest run of Premiums they are doing will be the last.
    We shall see.

And since 85vett let the cat out of the bag on his version of Metallica. I am one of his beta testers for this release.
    He is correct. My family liked his VP version so much that our real Metallica Pro LED just arrived at our house 3 days ago.
    Virtual pinball does indeed sell real pins.

3 months later
    #984 8 years ago

85vett's Physmod5 tables are some of the best out there.
    Just not enough VP 10 tables out yet for me to switch, but I'm sure that will change later on.

#1003 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

You don't have to have to switch, you can run VP Physmod tables, along with VP and VP10 all through PinballX. I just put VP10 in its own directory and let VPINMAME & Roms along with DOF plugin stay where they are installed with the original VP install. I have the VP10 executable and tables\backglasses installed in their own separate directory. With PinballX you setup VP10 as an "other system" and it should work fine. Some of my fav tables are PH5, not to mention Star Wars Data East which is only playing with VP9.9. All these versions along with Future Pinball, PinballFX2, The Pinball Arcade can all work with one PinballX installation. It's a one stop shop!
    VP_PBX_Setup_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_7_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_3_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_4_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_5_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_6_(resized).jpg

Thanks for posting this.
    I am still using the original pinball front end. Can't even remember the name. lol
    But I only use it for VP and FP.
    Would be nice to get everything set up in one place.
    I will give PinballX a try sometime.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=Arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.