Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 80.
    #3601 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

Join us this week from the comfort of your own home and see if you can beat the top Iron Man scores! Table runs all week, and there is nothing to watch, just play all week and post your scores! Table and scoring link in description.

Man, do you know how to pick em. Another game I've never played before and wholly crap its hard. I set the outlanes to hardest and incline so the ball is basically a comet at this point. Any missed shot is an instadrain. Trying to at least get close to PAPA A Bank Tourney settings(no extra balls, outlane posts widest gap, no ball save timer, tilt very sensitive, center lane rubbers removed, etc..)but I don't know how to actually adjust anything other than the menu they added with the flippers and magnasave.(can I get into the actual stern setup menu somehow?)
    I don't comprehend rulesets and depend on ball times. Got into some crazy nonsense called Jericho at one point and drained about as fast.
    Here's my 1st entry. I'll try to better it during the week but pretty sure that aint happening. Maybe I'll see if Bowen has a tutorial out there in youtube land.
    This is a good one.
    Thanks.
    r/
    Mike
    20230401_180950 (resized).jpg20230401_180950 (resized).jpg

#3602 1 year ago

Typically in these competitions it's required you use the default settings, with the exact version of the table mentioned. Not play around with the physics and settings outside of maybe viewing angles/backglasses.

I do find myself playing the tables in the three comps I'm in almost exclusively. It adds a lot of fun to virtual pinball. There's something about just playing tables for the sake of it that's far less interesting.

#3603 1 year ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Typically in these competitions it's required you use the default settings, with the exact version of the table mentioned. Not play around with the physics and settings outside of maybe viewing angles/backglasses.
    I do find myself playing the tables in the three comps I'm in almost exclusively. It adds a lot of fun to virtual pinball. There's something about just playing tables for the sake of it that's far less interesting.

I just play in Marty's Thursday weekly because there's no sign up, passwords or emails etc... Literally just post your score and a picture on the link he provided with no other info required.
    I definitely like Marty adding the vpx link to his YouTube weekly video because it gets me right to the correct version and then I update if not already the same. Normally I look for Hauntfreaks or Ryguy B2S files because they always have a full dmd option and are very clean There's lots more extremely talented people, of course, but there are specific creators I look for.
    Marty (Smaug) is awesome, by the way! Just thought I'd throw that in.
    Then I'll look for a Topper mp4 or png to complete the look. I like clean looks and not a super fan of the puppack video stuff. This is just as enjoyable as playing the games themselves and not possible on conventional pinball. Here's a pic of the Medieval Madness that I updated yesterday for example. It's Awesome!
    With regard to settings, I'm increasing difficulty like PAPA A Bank. The game was set too easy upon download, so I widened the outlane gap which is controllable with the flippers and magnasave, per the creator. Was hoping I could turn extra balls off and maybe remove the ball save timer for some real self abuse. Didn't think anyone would take issue with me increasing difficulty.
    I'm extremely new to the virtual world so, as with anything, there's a learning curve.
    I've tried to contribute by making some wheels that recent games didn't have and uploading them to VPF. My skills are limited but I'm proficient with photoshop.
    Glad I made the jump. Thanks for your feedback.
    r/
    Mike
    Resized_20230401_120108 (resized).jpegResized_20230401_120108 (resized).jpeg

#3604 1 year ago

If you really want more of a challenge then you should join either the discord or worldofpinball ones. Yeah you have to sign up but the competition level is far higher.

#3605 1 year ago

Could anyone with good technical knowledge about virtual pins give me a little guidance…Just recently upgraded my cab. Added ram, new video card, updated to windows 10 and vpx and pinup popper. Lost my haptic feedback coils, shaker etc. What am I missing? Drivers? I’ve read a little about DOF..Is that where I need to concentrate? Everything worked prior to the upgrades. So I know the hardware is functional. Really not sure where to start?? It’s a VPCabs pin. So is it a proprietary controller card issue?

#3606 1 year ago

Is your config file in the Direct Output Folder? If not you need to generate a new one and drop in in the config folder. You can do this by logging into the DOF tool on vpuniverse.

#3607 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Could anyone with good technical knowledge about virtual pins give me a little guidance…Just recently upgraded my cab. Added ram, new video card, updated to windows 10 and vpx and pinup popper. Lost my haptic feedback coils, shaker etc. What am I missing? Drivers? I’ve read a little about DOF..Is that where I need to concentrate? Everything worked prior to the upgrades. So I know the hardware is functional. Really not sure where to start?? It’s a VPCabs pin. So is it a proprietary controller card issue?

I'm not familiar with the VPCabs controller but sounds like your dof config file is miss/hosed up. Start here maybe? http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=DOF

The VC discord also might be a better way to get more real time help as well.

#3608 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Have you talked with VPCabs?

#3609 1 year ago

Thanks all for the suggestions. I did finally get in touch with VPcabs and Brad has been trying to help. I'm currently working through the Dof config setup process. I'll see where that leads....

#3610 1 year ago

Put on your Blue Suede Shoes!

#3611 1 year ago

Thought Brad sold VpCabs to owner of Ultra VP? you spend big bucks on a machine they should offer support for their product.

#3612 1 year ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thought Brad sold VpCabs to owner of Ultra VP? you spend big bucks on a machine they should offer support for their product.

Yeah, something went on there with a sale....just not sure what? Brad did respond and was helpful in getting me pointed in the proper direction. I was able to figure out how to get all the coils firing, as well as the shaker along with nudging/plunger functionality. Only burned up one coil when I left the room I didn’t realize it was still being powered. Ugh...wonderful burn smell in the game room btw. Live and learn. Lol.

#3613 1 year ago

Congrats to H3rbski for the win on Iron Man last week!

Join us from the comfort of your home ALL week as we casually compete in the weekly Vpinhub tournament. This week is a classic Williams from Mark Richie, Taxi!

#3614 1 year ago

HiRez00 is at it again, and you get to change the table to your liking as well. This is a classic, and with nFozzy added, playing so awesome now!

#3615 1 year ago

Update to Tommy from VPW coming VERY soon.....

#3616 1 year ago

Our weekly Virtual Pinball tournament is playing X-Men this week, join us!

#3617 1 year ago

Tonight a special VPX release party, 8:30PM live on GCC
    https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

TommyThumbRelease (resized).pngTommyThumbRelease (resized).png
    #3618 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

Tonight a special VPX release party, 8:30PM live on GCC
    [quoted image]

You running a double tourney this week?
    Saw a Tommy up there so I installed it and put up a score. I feel I definitely left some on the table for someone to better it. Fun game. At one point blinders came out with a multiball. That was wild. I knew it was on the real game but never played it.
    Wish I could get the alt sound to work. I bet it's awesome. Thanks for all you do. Your video work is really well done.
    If you don't do it for a living, you should.
    r/
    Mike

20230415_092127 (resized).jpg20230415_092127 (resized).jpg

#3619 1 year ago

Wait a minute.... @wylte.. is Tommy your incredible creation? Holy crap I just realized you may be the same person that's on this site?
    Noone ever accused me of being quick. haha.
    Anyway, if this is you and you masterminded this with VPW. YOU'RE A F***** MAGICIAN! The game plays phenomenal.
    Extremely well done.
    Thank you. I never knew I needed this game in my life until 4 hours ago.
    r/
    Mike

#3620 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Wait a minute.... Wylte.. is Tommy your incredible creation? Holy crap I just realized you may be the same person that's on this site?
    Noone ever accused me of being quick. haha.
    Anyway, if this is you and you masterminded this with VPW. YOU'RE A F***** MAGICIAN! The game plays phenomenal.
    Extremely well done.
    Thank you. I never knew I needed this game in my life until 4 hours ago.
    r/
    Mike

Haha yeah guilty as charged. Glad you like it!

#3621 1 year ago

Has anyone had any dealings with Dave at
    RetroPlay? this Dudes in some big troubles . wouldnt wanna be in his shoes.

#3622 12 months ago

Xenonph and HiRez00 bring you another blast from your past to enjoy, and it is well worth your time!

#3623 12 months ago

We recently dug around on PinballNirvana.com and came across this table released a few months ago from new VPX author, SpookyMoulder. Based on the Namco Bandai game of the same name, we present Splatterhouse.

#3624 12 months ago

Grab your cereal, and let's get back to the original, and best Transformers of them all, Generation one! Mod author Wpilot brings us quite a treat that I have neglected for far too long. Let's transform, and roll out!

#3625 12 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

Grab your cereal, and let's get back to the original

I like to pop in the DVD on a Sunday morning with my son. I like Kellogg Honey Smacks and my son likes Fruity Pebbles

OG Transformers is a dream theme for me

#3626 12 months ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I like to pop in the DVD on a Sunday morning with my son. I like Kellogg Honey Smacks and my son likes Fruity Pebbles
    OG Transformers is a dream theme for me

I still eat really bad sugary cereals on Saturday morning, and we stream cartoons live on Twitch, it's a blast

#3627 12 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

Our weekly Virtual Pinball tournament is playing X-Men this week, join us!

This game is BRUTAL!!!!
    It crashed on me so many times during the week during some really good runs. Finally stayed running for one decent score. I'd really like to play a conventional xmen at some point. Fun stuff and super frustrating.
    20230420_135811 (resized).jpg20230420_135811 (resized).jpg

#3628 12 months ago

Congrats mikepmcs for another great last minute win!

This week my table picked got hacked, and we are taking a Road Trip with Cheech and Chong. Need a ride? Results and new table announced live every week on Twitch at 9PM EST.

#3629 12 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

This week my table picked got hacked, and we are taking a Road Trip with Cheech and Chong. Need a ride?

"Dave's not here"

#3630 11 months ago

Here is my newest build

419E2538-E1C3-469C-8E45-EA2C28E47111 (resized).jpeg419E2538-E1C3-469C-8E45-EA2C28E47111 (resized).jpeg
    #3631 11 months ago

Let's get physical! ArmyAviation brings you a very nice update.

#3632 11 months ago

Joe Picasso, David Grace, and more bring you something to die for with the Child's Play Table and PUP Pack. Live preview this Friday on GCC at 9PM EST on Twitch, and then releasing a few days later to the public.

#3633 11 months ago

Quit mousin' around and get in our weekly tournament! Results and new table announced live every week on Twitch at 9PM EST.

#3634 11 months ago

Live interview tomorrow with Randy Elwin at 2PM EST. Come and meet the man behind the Pinball 101 and Pinball 102 DVD series.

https://www.twitch.tv/luc1f3rb0b

RandyVPHThumb (resized).pngRandyVPHThumb (resized).png
    #3635 11 months ago

I've got a new game sport! In your hands in a few days if all goes well, Child's Play pinball from Joe Picasso and David Grace.

#3636 11 months ago

Hello, I am looking at buying a virtual pin that is has Computer configuration :
    CPU : I5 9400F
    Motherboard : B365 / H310
    Hard Drive : 512 SSD
    Video : GTX 1060
    RAM : 8GB DDR4

It has a 120hz screen but I feel no way will it hit 120 fps, but do you think it will do 60fps? It does have the pin up popper system on it. Thanks for any help.

#3637 11 months ago
    Quoted from Jkeller123:

Hello, I am looking at buying a virtual pin...It does have the pin up popper system on it. Thanks for any help.

Don't buy from anyone that sells you popper or other free software. It always ends in headaches. Look for someone that will build it for you and *help* you set up the software, like VirtuaPin or LAB Arcades.

#3638 11 months ago

A very special Battle presentation this evening playing the VPW Spider-man table. This stream in intended for pinheads and mature audiences

6PM PST/9PM EST on Twitch, and tomorrow afternoon I will post it to YouTube for those that can't make it.

SpiderVPX (resized).pngSpiderVPX (resized).png
    #3639 11 months ago
    Quoted from Wylte:

Don't buy from anyone that sells you popper or other free software. It always ends in headaches. Look for someone that will build it for you and *help* you set up the software, like VirtuaPin or LAB Arcades.

Yeah good points. I definitely get it but a lot of us don't have the time or the skillset to spend 100+ hours building and configuring software. With that being said last year I bought an Ultra VP 6.0, it was nearly $10k shipped... It's a great out of the box virtual pinball machine but after about 8 months of ownership I didn't think it was close enough to real pinball to justify the ongoing deprecation. I sold it for $7k and was happy to get that.

If I ever do go down this path again I'll buy a VirtualPin, and customize the tables I want to play. Hopefully VirtuaPin considers making a VR style cabinet with DOF + SSF support. It's amazing to have a 1k+ tables installed out of the box with some of these vpins like the Ultra VP but only a small portion are actually good. I would happy configuring a 100 or so of the best vpin tables and leave it at that. I went through the process with installing the new Iron Maiden VPW table and while the steps took some time I got it (would likely get faster at it over time).

#3640 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah good points. I definitely get it but a lot of us don't have the time or the skillset to spend 100+ hours building and configuring software. With that being said last year I bought an Ultra VP 6.0, it was nearly $10k shipped... It's a great out of the box virtual pinball machine but after about 8 months of ownership I didn't think it was close enough to real pinball to justify the ongoing deprecation. I sold it for $7k and was happy to get that.
    If I ever do go down this path again I'll buy a VirtualPin, and customize the tables I want to play. Hopefully VirtuaPin considers making a VR style cabinet with DOF + SSF support. It's amazing to have a 1k+ tables installed out of the box with some of these vpins like the Ultra VP but only a small portion are actually good. I would happy configuring a 100 or so of the best vpin tables and leave it at that. I went through the process with installing the new Iron Maiden VPW table and while the steps took some time I got it (would likely get faster at it over time).

LabArcades has a VR prototype with DOF/SSF, but it's unlisted. Reach out and see if you can get one made.

#3641 11 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

LabArcades has a VR prototype with DOF/SSF, but it's unlisted. Reach out and see if you can get one made.

Thanks Marty for the lead on this.
    I sent an inquiry asking for detailed info. I mentioned your name and vpinhub handle up front, since you are the source. I'll report back.
    I don't exactly know too much about VR in the pinball world(or any world) but assume it's like those binocular thingies like oculus or some stuff and integrated to work with a cabinet or desktop?
    I'm interested in this if it's a stand alone that I can stage upstairs and has nothing to do with my full size vpin that is downstairs. My new rescue puppy is #1 priority so I'm not getting downstairs much for a while until she's acclimated.
    Thank you.
    r/
    Mike

20230502_155028 (Medium) - Copy (resized).jpg20230502_155028 (Medium) - Copy (resized).jpg
    #3642 11 months ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

A very special Battle presentation this evening playing the VPW Spider-man table. This stream in intended for pinheads and mature audiences
    6PM PST/9PM EST on Twitch, and tomorrow afternoon I will post it to YouTube for those that can't make it.
    [quoted image]

100" of Smaug. wait....that didn't sound right
    anyway....Marty on the big screen.
    #LFG

20230503_182241 (resized).jpg20230503_182241 (resized).jpg
    #3643 11 months ago

Smaug I'd really be interested in Steve's .POV settings on his Spiderman. I got a kick out of the graphic (wife vs malik) when Malik had to disappear and then the static images that were posted after he left. They seemed very fitting with the skulls and the tombstone and whatnot. The timing was certainly fortuitous if not intentional. Bravo.
    Looked like fun. Thanks for sharing.

No response from labarcades yet regarding my inquiry.
    r/
    Mike

#3644 11 months ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Smaug I'd really be interested in Steve's .POV settings on his Spiderman. I got a kick out of the graphic (wife vs malik) when Malik had to disappear and then the static images that were posted after he left. They seemed very fitting with the skulls and the tombstone and whatnot. The timing was certainly fortuitous if not intentional. Bravo.
    Looked like fun. Thanks for sharing.
    No response from labarcades yet regarding my inquiry.
    r/
    Mike

I will ask Patrick at Lab if he got your inquiry, he's busy so be patient, lost his business partner so he is hella busy.

I hate my own face, but the stream looks damn good blown up! I can ask Steve, but POV is very personalized to each screen/resolution/setup, so that view may not work for other setups.

#3645 11 months ago

This week you are a bounty hunter, can you catch your prey? Results and new table announced live every week on Twitch at 9PM EST.

#3646 11 months ago

Author Domloveslobby and his many friends bring you a special treat this week, but try not to get him angry. You won't like him when he's angry.....

World premiere of the updated Hulk table with PUP Pack this Sunday on GCC live at 9PM EST, with a release planned the following day!

#3647 11 months ago

It's time to destroy the world!

#3648 11 months ago

Come and post a score in our Weekly VPX challenge, it's casual and you can be a machine.

#3649 11 months ago

Celebrating the release of TNA tonight with some live competition, drinks, and fun.

TNAReleaseParty (resized).pngTNAReleaseParty (resized).png
    #3650 11 months ago

I owned TNA for years and loved it. Only sold because I needed the spot for The Big Lebowski. As someone who has spent a ton of hours with the game, can say with 1000% confidence that VPW *crushed* this one. So so good.

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.