Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 80.
    #3401 1 year ago

Table WIP premiere coming this Tuesday on a new original table offering from Remdwaas. I hope you can "Bear" the wait, as this one may just warm up your holiday season. Coffee, you’re on the bench. Vodka… Suit up!
    December 20th @ 9PM EST on GCC, and then again the next day for the Euro audience.
    https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

PutinFlyer (1) (resized).pngPutinFlyer (1) (resized).png
    #3402 1 year ago

Later today you will be able to grab an incredible update for Dirty Harry from our friend TastyWasps. It is currently pending approval, so why not get an early look while you hit refresh all morning?

#3403 1 year ago

So it sounds like I should wait a bunch of years until everything is more advanced and a lot cheaper.

It's definitely hard to justify shelling out for a v-pin when you can technically play everything for free, you are just losing the form factor and feedback that really completes the experience.

How much more advanced do people expect these things to get?

#3404 1 year ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

So it sounds like I should wait a bunch of years until everything is more advanced and a lot cheaper.
    It's definitely hard to justify shelling out for a v-pin when you can technically play everything for free, you are just losing the form factor and feedback that really completes the experience.
    How much more advanced do people expect these things to get?

I had a lot of fun with my first vpin cabinet, it was full size, 1080p, 60hz, and a joy to play. Was $500

#3405 1 year ago

You sick of all these awesome releases yet? OF COURSE NOT! For those about to rock, we salute you!

#3406 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

You sick of all these awesome releases yet? OF COURSE NOT! For those about to rock, we salute you!

No way! VPW is doing a ton of amazing work for this hobby, can’t thank them enough. Very cool.

#3407 1 year ago

Join us this evening for a 4-way VPX battle to the death with Trytotilt Pinball, MPT3K, PaladinArcade, and myself in an Iron Man VPX elimination fight. We love you 3000!

Live on Twitch this evening at 8PM PST/ 11PM EST

#3408 1 year ago

AtGames Legends Pinball with Special Bonus $399 @ Sham's Club

https://www.samsclub.com/p/legends-pinball-home-arcade/prod25380329

#3409 1 year ago

In case you missed the Remdwaas WIP live stream, we cut it down to a digestible size for your YouTube viewing pleasure. Sorry in advance for the shirtless Marty segment.

Releasing VERY soon to a VPU near you, Putin Vodka Mania!

#3410 1 year ago

Winter is coming.... BUT this time, it comes with a sweet treat! Friday night we will be with one of the voice actors from Stern's Game of Thrones machine, learn how she got the job, play the new VPW table, and talk shop.
    9PM EST on https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

#3411 1 year ago

Come watch gameplay of Game of Thrones VPX by Skillman tonight at twitch.tv/friscopinball!

See you there

#3412 1 year ago
    Quoted from friscopinball:

Come watch gameplay of Game of Thrones VPX by Skillman tonight at twitch.tv/friscopinball!
    See you there

I'm super excited for this one. Love the game and will enjoy a virtual version!

#3413 1 year ago

Game of Thrones LE came out today and is incredible. As is everything VPW Team puts out. Cheers to @chuckwurt, they mention you in the release notes: "Thanks to the detailed Youtube series by ChuckWurt the complete ruleset was documented, allowing it to be implemented in VBScript for this release."

#3414 1 year ago

I am sure you are playing the heck out of Game of Thrones, why not learn a little about the person talking to you during the game? For those that missed last night, or had issues watching due to internet issues with Twitch, the play and chat with Kate is now live on YouTube!

#3415 1 year ago

Is GoT code recreated or somehow using spike code?

#3416 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Recreated. Here’s my latest playthrough of V1.01.

Only had a small crash at the end, but this should help you see all the hard work that makes this a great tribute pin.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1687636891

#3417 1 year ago

Recreated. Here’s my latest playthrough of V1.01.
    Only had a small crash at the end, but this should help you see all the hard work that makes this a great tribute pin.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1687636891

Super cool! Virtual Pinball is awesome, wish I got into the hobby sooner. It’s amazing how these modern tables are being recreated from scratch. Will need to load this one onto my Ultra VP 6.0 soon.

#3418 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Definitely recreated as there's no "rage reset" implemented with flipper/start. Hopefully soon! You soft shot that castle kickback and it's over.

#3419 1 year ago

I haven’t updated to 10.7 yet. Still on 10.6. I guess it’s about time to do alittle updating.

#3420 1 year ago

Game of Thrones is a very hard, and engaging table. While I am picking it up, why not blow the lid off this thing and see how to beat some high scores? Join myself and one of the top local IFPA players as we delve into how this table works, where the big scoring is, and what strategies will take your play to the next level!

9PM EST live on Twitch w/ special guest LaserLos!

LLGoT (resized).pngLLGoT (resized).png
    #3421 1 year ago
    Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey guys, so I have never played a VP. But I have a 9 pin collection of mostly modern sterns that I absolutely love. I am moving to the Virgin island next year and will only have room for one pin. So instead of trying to choose my favorite I figured I’d look into buying a VP. I don’t want to make one myself. What do you all recommend? I live in southern Florida and would love to buy one in the state. Looking for the full experience, as many physical items as possible. Thanks!

If you want the best vp machine, you should check out https://xtremegamingcabinets.com.au/presta17/. And search YouTube for Xtreme gaming cabinets videos, watch the videos, and see the comments. I’ve looked all over internet can’t find better machines. Some companies makes good machines, but no one makes them as Xtreme makes them.

#3422 1 year ago

VPW Doing another awesome job. Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast (Original 2022). I haven't got to play it yet but I'm sure its spot on.

iron (resized).jpgiron (resized).jpg
    #3423 1 year ago

So is this then the stern iron maiden?
    I have to say i really don't like it when the title of the table is the exact name of a real existing pinball machine but is a different game... So to recreate a stern table is difficult for technical and legal reasons etc.. And everytime i find a new vpx table like godzilla... I get excited, but then it is a different game.

Maybe a good vpx creation! That is awesome, but i really would love it if the creators find a different name when it's not the real life machine.

How do other people feel about this?

#3424 1 year ago
    Quoted from stefanmader:

So is this then the stern iron maiden?
    I have to say i really don't like it when the title of the table is the exact name of a real existing pinball machine but is a different game... So to recreate a stern table is difficult for technical and legal reasons etc.. And everytime i find a new vpx table like godzilla... I get excited, but then it is a different game.
    Maybe a good vpx creation! That is awesome, but i really would love it if the creators find a different name when it's not the real life machine.
    How do other people feel about this?

Well, there's tribute tables and then recreations. I would say the VPW Iron Maiden table is a recreation, same goes for the VPW Game of Thrones table. VPW appears to be going for ruleset and gameplay accuracy when replicating newer tables.

There's other virtual tables that look like the modern real world layouts but then playing nothing like that. VPW isn't doing that thankfully. That Godzilla table for example is using a layout that kinda looks like real world versus but then the ruleset is the old Sega Godzilla game. These newer VPW tables (and a few others, Batman 66 for example) are trying to recreate from basically scratch the original ruleset and gameplay.

#3425 1 year ago

I took a few weeks off to spend time with the family, and boy do I have some catch up to do! I cannot thank the team enough for the release of Iron Maiden, and I am really enjoying getting to know this VERY deep ruleset.

#3426 1 year ago

I played Iron Maiden briefly on my jank pc, it seemed like the real thing, for the most part. And does get you excited for when other games, like Godzilla, actually stop being produced by Stern. Since that seems to be the point where the vpx pinball makers actually start releasing good versions. The community seems generally fearful of DMCA strikes.

#3427 1 year ago

As I just posted in another thread, I've been interested in getting started
    with Vpin. Built a MAME machine years ago and love it and would like to
    try Vpin.

But, I'm not a PeeCee whiz and have very limited downloading speed
    (I'm in the boonies).

Does anyone sell a CD-ROM with the Vpin operating software including
    a few tables (like AF, RS, TZ, etc) just to get started?

Yeah, I'm sure by spending a ton of time searching on the net
    I can find something but hoping someone HERE has already
    gone down this path. TIA

#3428 1 year ago
    Quoted from zarco:

As I just posted in another thread, I've been interested in getting started
    with Vpin. Built a MAME machine years ago and love it and would like to
    try Vpin.
    But, I'm not a PeeCee whiz and have very limited downloading speed
    (I'm in the boonies).
    Does anyone sell a CD-ROM with the Vpin operating software including
    a few tables (like AF, RS, TZ, etc) just to get started?
    Yeah, I'm sure by spending a ton of time searching on the net
    I can find something but hoping someone HERE has already
    gone down this path. TIA

I've been fiddling with the software for the last couple of months, it seems complicated at first, honestly I thought it was too complicated at first, but within 2 weeks it worked relatively fine and got a few tables working really well. Though I don't really play the pinball tables much, been more tweaking and installing new things than anything else. It's like a drug really, where the tweaking is somehow more interesting than the pins.

Just start with the baller installer(that installs popper, vpx, future pinball among other things), update everything they install to the latest versions and go from there, even if you buy the software with tables you still have to do the hard part, the tweaking, yourself.

#3429 1 year ago

Yep, use baller and download one table at a time. Most are on the smaller side of 100mb and the support files are tiny. Nobody should be selling the work of others, so no packs/cd's/drives.

#3430 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wylte:

Nobody should be selling the work of others, so no packs/cd's/drives.

This!

#3431 1 year ago

Well, I finally started down the road of building a VPX setup. Got the computer parts during Back Friday.
    Will run a 32 inch 'LG 32GP850-B' 32 Ultra Gear monitor (2560 x 1440) @ 165Hz Refresh Rate for playfield (portrait orientation of course). And another cheap 1080p 32" display in portrait orientation for back box and DMD. Both mounted to wall, the playfield display on a swing arm mount to adjust. A stubby cab with SSF nearly half the length of a full cab with lots of weight inside. Computer separate from cab. No interest in building a full cab. Already have the lumber and legs. Also have a HP G2 reverb headset for playing with VR. Cost calculated to be about 2 grand (not counting lumber, legs or VR headset).

Ryzen 5600X OC to 4.2 GHz on B550 MB
    32GB 3600MHz DDR4
    1TB M.2 Gen4 SSD
    250GB M.2 Gen3 SSD boot drive - Windows 11 Home
    ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT
    750W PSU
    LIAN LI LANCOOL 216 case

= about $1200.00 build (for computer alone).

Added 14 months ago:

I meant Ryzen 5600X OC to 4.7MHz

Added 14 months ago:

I meant Ryzen 5600X OC to 4.7GHz

#3432 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, there's tribute tables and then recreations. I would say the VPW Iron Maiden table is a recreation, same goes for the VPW Game of Thrones table. VPW appears to be going for ruleset and gameplay accuracy when replicating newer tables.
    There's other virtual tables that look like the modern real world layouts but then playing nothing like that. VPW isn't doing that thankfully. That Godzilla table for example is using a layout that kinda looks like real world versus but then the ruleset is the old Sega Godzilla game. These newer VPW tables (and a few others, Batman 66 for example) are trying to recreate from basically scratch the original ruleset and gameplay.

I believe they are officially classified as “tribute” tables for important reasons .

#3433 1 year ago

I thought I’d throw out a few questions regarding some of these newer games including Iron Maiden (which really does look amazing!) with which I’m struggling a bit:
    - I only get music and callouts coming through my exciters - is there a setting in the script or in the vp settings to set which sounds go where ?
    - contactors don’t fire - I read something about updating DOF, but I’m not sure if or how to do this - is this like updating flex dmd or vpx - download and copy files?
    - I think for Iron Maiden you need the button on the lockdown bar to choose the song (and other stuff) - how is everybody doing this - can I assign a random button on the cabinet to the lockdown bar button function?

#3434 1 year ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

I thought I’d throw out a few questions regarding some of these newer games including Iron Maiden (which really does look amazing!) with which I’m struggling a bit:
    - I only get music and callouts coming through my exciters - is there a setting in the script or in the vp settings to set which sounds go where ?
    - contactors don’t fire - I read something about updating DOF, but I’m not sure if or how to do this - is this like updating flex dmd or vpx - download and copy files?
    - I think for Iron Maiden you need the button on the lockdown bar to choose the song (and other stuff) - how is everybody doing this - can I assign a random button on the cabinet to the lockdown bar button function?

Updating DOF is no biggie… just Google it and several YouTube vids come up…if I recall correctly.

The right magnasave button typically mimics the lockbar button on most tables.

#3435 1 year ago
    Quoted from matt68061:

Updating DOF is no biggie… just Google it and several YouTube vids come up…if I recall correctly.

I found one reference from April 2021 recommending to update dof in conjection with pinscape, but I set up my system after that. But I thought that dof config only needs updating if I change something on my cab. The contactors work on other 10.7 games, so it would appear not directly connected to 10.7.

Quoted from matt68061:

The right magnasave button typically mimics the lockbar button on most tables.

Thanks, I’ll try that, I thought I already did do, but who knows.

#3436 1 year ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

I found one reference from April 2021 recommending to update dof in conjection with pinscape, but I set up my system after that. But I thought that dof config only needs updating if I change something on my cab. The contactors work on other 10.7 games, so it would appear not directly connected to 10.7.

Thanks, I’ll try that, I thought I already did do, but who knows.

I’ll just add… I’m always terrified to update anything . After all the hours tinkering and “perfecting” all the tables, settings, etc, etc…. I always worry I will catastrophically break the system!

Good luck!

#3437 1 year ago
    Quoted from matt68061:

I’ll just add… I’m always terrified to update anything . After all the hours tinkering and “perfecting” all the tables, settings, etc, etc…. I always worry I will catastrophically break the system!
    Good luck!

Same here. Thats why im still on 10.6. Iv been checking out some videos on youtube to get my self pumped for the job.

#3438 1 year ago
    Quoted from RGarriott:

Same here. Thats why im still on 10.6. Iv been checking out some videos on youtube to get my self pumped for the job.

First thing to do is to backup/save all your files related to visual pinball. Then you can always revert back to the original setup.

#3439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

First thing to do is to backup/save all your files related to visual pinball. Then you can always revert back to the original setup.

100% this. You are missing out on some incredible tables with 10.7.2

#3440 1 year ago

Flupper and Rothbauerw bring you one incredible update to TOTAN.

#3441 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

So when you update to the new version do you have to input all your settings back in? Screen positions ect….?
    Or just move over the 10.7 exe file?

#3442 1 year ago
    Quoted from RGarriott:

So when you update to the bew version do you have to input all your settings back in? Screen positions ect….?
    Or just move iver the 10.7 exe file?

Reference the posts around 2805 - I use 10.6 and 10.7 as described. (partly because one game I really like to play doesn’t seem to work on 10.7).

#3443 1 year ago

Time to get some air, thank you Rascal!

#3444 1 year ago

Installed the Iron Maiden VPW table yesterday, wow is this one of the best virtual tables I've ever played. Ended up buying the songs from Amazon as mentioned in the PUP Pack install notes, process went smoothy.

1b7f948bc3f260c207904ea36582722f37d9c7f5 (resized).jpg1b7f948bc3f260c207904ea36582722f37d9c7f5 (resized).jpg

#3445 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Installed the Iron Maiden VPW table yesterday, wow is this one of the best virtual tables I've ever played. Ended up buying the songs from Amazon as mentioned in the PUP Pack install notes, process went smoothy.
    [quoted image]

Game looks great, thanks for posting.
    r/
    Mike

#3446 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Question for ya…. If you fire up the table and flip to “Aces High” does it lock up your LCD DMD?

I did not download that particular song…and several others because I already had mp4’s of most of them.

Mine hangs there. Just curious if yours or any others have that behavior.

#3447 1 year ago

WIP Premiere this evening, 9PM EST on GCC. Come see what Dom Wainwright and some of his friends have been creating for you!

SupesPremiere (resized).pngSupesPremiere (resized).png
    #3448 1 year ago

See you there

Just getting into the world of virtual pinball and your streams are wonderful.

I have a few older pins and I enjoy seeing when you play these classics.

#3449 1 year ago
    Quoted from matt68061:

Question for ya…. If you fire up the table and flip to “Aces High” does it lock up your LCD DMD?
    I did not download that particular song…and several others because I already had mp4’s of most of them.
    Mine hangs there. Just curious if yours or any others have that behavior.

I tried Aces High the other day on the first ball and no issues. Did the music script give you any errors when running it?

#3450 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I tried Aces High the other day on the first ball and no issues. Did the music script give you any errors when running it?

Thanks for checking. No errors at all. I may just redownload it all and start from scratch.

Weirder things have happened! Again, appreciate you looking into it!

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.