Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,272 posts
  • 315 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ThumbKenji1 (resized).png
    306763214_506705374791274_3083964150500400798_n (resized).jpg
    860BFFEB-9423-451E-827D-7B518A0467E2 (resized).jpeg
    7DBD2FE9-03A9-4EE4-87F8-38C39170BA64 (resized).jpeg
    BattleSlamThumb (resized).png
    PTiScored (resized).png
    WinnerAnnounce (resized).png
    PTScottacus (resized).png
    Team Tuga (resized).png
    PizzaRoth (resized).png
    DSC_532k9 (resized).png
    Joe Picasso Tribute (resized).png
    PT4 (resized).png
    large.PXL_20220429_100808485.jpg.1a98f0aa9460fbe1ebdc678a179b40d3 (resized).jpg
    vertigo (resized).jpg
    PizzaTime3 (resized).png

There are 3,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.
    #3251 12 days ago

Made it to 4b on Chrono Trigger and the 2nd to last form! What a rush this table is - highly recommend.

7DBD2FE9-03A9-4EE4-87F8-38C39170BA64 (resized).jpeg860BFFEB-9423-451E-827D-7B518A0467E2 (resized).jpeg
    #3252 11 days ago

Don't want to build a conventional cab?

#3253 11 days ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Don't want to build a conventional cab?

Love it!

#3254 11 days ago

There will be a MAJOR virtual pinball announcement live this evening on Twitch brought to us by MPT3K. I cannot tell you more, but I promise it will shock, amaze, and excite you, you DO NOT want to miss this info.

7:30 PST / 10:30 EST on https://www.twitch.tv/mpt3k

306763214_506705374791274_3083964150500400798_n (resized).jpg
    #3255 11 days ago

I was looking at something like the AT Games Legends. How easy is it to toss in my own tables and how well they run? Is there anything else out there similar out of box product like the AT Games Legend that offers something easy, compact, quick to mod and maybe better?

#3256 11 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I was looking at something like the AT Games Legends. How easy is it to toss in my own tables and how well they run? Is there anything else out there similar out of box product like the AT Games Legend that offers something easy, compact, quick to mod and maybe better?

As far as introductory vpin cab setups, ATGames is my suggested way to go. Major Frency is doing an amazing series on how to set it all up but the ATGames has a larger PF screen which is important and is easy to mod. You would need the VIBs cable too I believe in the long run but I am happy to help you get started as I love seeing people choose the ATGames to begin since it is very economical to begin your vpin journey

Performance is also helped by whatever PC you use to help power VPX (the software used to run virtual pinball) or FX3/FX.

#3257 10 days ago
    Quoted from friscopinball:

As far as introductory vpin cab setups, ATGames is my suggested way to go. Major Frency is doing an amazing series on how to set it all up but the ATGames has a larger PF screen which is important and is easy to mod. You would need the VIBs cable too I believe in the long run but I am happy to help you get started as I love seeing people choose the ATGames to begin since it is very economical to begin your vpin journey
    Performance is also helped by whatever PC you use to help power VPX (the software used to run virtual pinball) or FX3/FX.

Can you point me towards that information? I'd like to set up a virtual unit to play games I will likely never own due to rarity (Big Bang Bar for example). And if it's economical and easier to not start from scratch, that would be ideal.

#3258 10 days ago
    Quoted from paulbaptise:

Can you point me towards that information? I'd like to set up a virtual unit to play games I will likely never own due to rarity (Big Bang Bar for example). And if it's economical and easier to not start from scratch, that would be ideal.

This is a start….

Or just google Major Frenchy YouTube…then subscribe. Good luck!

#3259 10 days ago
    Quoted from paulbaptise:

http://wagnerstechtalk.com/guides/#Legends_Pinball

#3260 10 days ago

Yea I think the AT Games would be best and easy route to go, very flexible to mod with being able to just attach a PC to it.

Problem is finding one at a decent price right now, online everywhere with shipping seems to be over $800 when these used to be $600. Some SAMS clubs apparently got em in store still for 699, with some selling them as low as $250 but really varies per store right now who has the clearance price.

#3261 10 days ago

Oh my gosh, yes please!

#3262 7 days ago

Our Tribute to Pinball and Wrestling is now on YouTube if you missed the event live.

#3263 7 days ago

I took the plunge and bought an ALP to treat myself for my upcoming birthday. I'm going to mod it to play VP and FX3 stuff. Just need to find a good PC build to make it work!

#3264 6 days ago

Looking for advice on a laptop(if possible) or pc to purchase to run visual pinball. Are there minimum specs or guidelines I can be pointed to? I’d like to use visual pinball to design games for homebrew as well as ideally playing virtual games for rare titles I will never own.

Appreciate any direction you can provide.

#3265 6 days ago
    Quoted from paulbaptise:

Looking for advice on a laptop(if possible) or pc to purchase to run visual pinball. Are there minimum specs or guidelines I can be pointed to? I’d like to use visual pinball to design games for homebrew as well as ideally playing virtual games for rare titles I will never own.
    Appreciate any direction you can provide.

Do you have a pc now? If so what specs does it have? VPX will run on a variety of hardware. When you get fancier stuff like better graphics cards, then you can up the settings for resolution, etc to make it look fancier.

#3266 6 days ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Do you have a pc now? If so what specs does it have? VPX will run on a variety of hardware. When you get fancier stuff like better graphics cards, then you can up the settings for resolution, etc to make it look fancier.

I only have an IMAC currently. No Windows devices in the house. Nor do I really have room for another PC (unless low profile like the iMac).

Wonder if I could use the same display (iMac) and just get a windows tower to run with the same display. That might be the most effective for space if a laptop isn’t feasible.

#3267 6 days ago

Not a Mac guru by any means, but using it as an external display isn't straightforward when I last looked it up. You could try running windows on it. Is boot camp still a thing?

#3268 6 days ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not a Mac guru by any means, but using it as an external display isn't straightforward when I last looked it up. You could try running windows on it. Is boot camp still a thing?

I’ve looked at mirroring Windows on Mac (also not a Mac guru) and from what I read it would be simpler just using a pc. I’m not opposed to using the money to buy something new but would rather not have to set up a separate desk area for it.

#3269 6 days ago
    Quoted from paulbaptise:

I’ve looked at mirroring Windows on Mac (also not a Mac guru) and from what I read it would be simpler just using a pc. I’m not opposed to using the money to buy something new but would rather not have to set up a separate desk area for it.

Then I would try boot camp and install windows.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

#3270 5 days ago

Running ALP via OTG. On FX3 there is a slight delay on flipper it feels, not terrible but to me it's there. I turned off V-sync in the game settings, still felt kind of the same. Any other ways to try and further improve the perceived delay?

I saw someone mention that FX3 runs better on the ALP and less input delay via VPX?

#3271 2 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Running ALP via OTG. On FX3 there is a slight delay on flipper it feels, not terrible but to me it's there. I turned off V-sync in the game settings, still felt kind of the same. Any other ways to try and further improve the perceived delay?
    I saw someone mention that FX3 runs better on the ALP and less input delay via VPX?

My understanding is most of the delay comes from the USB controller they use, combined with the TV response time, at least from what I have seen. When my buddy put a 4k PC Monitor, the delay was not noticeable at all. The Zaccaria tables have options in the physics to adjust for this, and I would assume are optimized for the ALP hardware.

#3272 4 hours ago

Viewers of the channel are well aware of my love for original tables. When Voodoos Carnival came out, it was near the time I started streaming and we featured this table non-stop, and even make voodoo dolls to give to viewers. Let's kick off the upcoming month with a bit of spooky creativity, and learn about the man behind this original creation, and what drove him to develop the table. Kenji (AKA: Kcron666, muhaha) will be joining us for a slice tonight at 8PM EST, so stop by and stick a pin in it with us!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

ThumbKenji1 (resized).png
    There are 3,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!