Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 80.
    #3201 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I am surprised that there are no examples out there (that I can find) of a VP setup like the one I'm going to build.
    It's a very simplified and less expensive version of a pincab to fit in a smaller space. All it is, is a stubby cab design for controller with SSF and two 32-inch displays both mounted vertically (portrait) one above the other. The playfield display will be an Acer Predator XB323U 32" (2560 x 1440) IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC mounted to the wall with a proper wall mount that allows adjustment. The other will be a cheaper 75Hz 32-inch display for back box/dmd/toper vids etc. also mounted vertically to the wall above the playfield display.
    This will be an easy and relatively inexpensive way to enjoy VPX, FX3 and VR pinball. I currently own an HP Reverb G2 headset.

LabArcades.com has a stubby in development, I expect they will announce it soon.

#3202 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

LabArcades.com has a stubby in development, I expect they will announce it soon.

I'll just build one this winter. Something to do in northern Michigan winter hell land.

#3203 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I am surprised that there are no examples out there (that I can find) of a VP setup like the one I'm going to build.
    It's a very simplified and less expensive version of a pincab to fit in a smaller space. All it is, is a stubby cab design for controller with SSF and two 32-inch displays both mounted vertically (portrait) one above the other. The playfield display will be an Acer Predator XB323U 32" (2560 x 1440) IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC mounted to the wall with a proper wall mount that allows adjustment. The other will be a cheaper 75Hz 32-inch display for back box/dmd/toper vids etc. also mounted vertically to the wall above the playfield display.
    This will be an easy and relatively inexpensive way to enjoy VPX, FX3 and VR pinball. I currently own an HP Reverb G2 headset.

There have been lots of small VP set ups over the years, but most people prefer the normal sized ones. I'm assuming you've visited VPforums?

#3204 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

There was the Vertigo from VPcabs. I do not think they make those anymore.

vertigo (resized).jpgvertigo (resized).jpg
    #3205 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

There have been lots of small VP set ups over the years, but most people prefer the normal sized ones. I'm assuming you've visited VPforums?

Yes, but I enjoy it on my current 32 inch 144HZ display in portrait. I want to add a second 32" display in portrait for both back glass and DMD. Also, much easier to set up games. It's a PITA to move all the score displays down on to the apron for the classic pins. A portrait back glass display works really well for the older pins too. It maintains the proper aspect ratio much better and still allows room for a DMD if needed. As I stated, I do not have room for a full size cab and don't want the expense and work of building one. Displays will be wall mounted and I will build a stubby cab. Also, I will use it for VR pinball.

#3206 1 year ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

There was the Vertigo from VPcabs. I do not think they make those anymore.
    [quoted image]

Those only have a single portrait display and are uncomfortable on the hands. Made more for video games.

#3207 1 year ago

Anyone use these products from France?

https://shop.arnoz.com/en/

#3208 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Arnoz is part of the community and I see positive reviews of his products all the time

#3209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes, I have them in 2 vpins now and I like them very much. With all I have got in there (a lot) I only need the Rigmaster and the plunger board and 3D print, that is enough to have a lot of buttons and toys, but you can always expand with his system.

#3210 1 year ago

I have concluded that these components listed below are all I need for what I want to do...
    - KL SHIELD + KL25Z
    - Mosboard Full 8
    - The BRAIN
    - Potar with 3D print assembly.

**Awesome product line!!

#3211 1 year ago

We have reviewed Arnoz's products on YouTube, and also did a general overview on the options if it helps. I use it it my cabinet, and would recommend his stuff for sure.

#3212 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

We have reviewed Arnoz's products on YouTube, and also did a general overview on the options if it helps. I use it it my cabinet, and would recommend his stuff for sure.

Explain the Arnoz USB KILLA V2.
    Not sure I get the importance of this board. Is it necessary to protect my computer when shutting down?
    Why do you suddenly have a different avatar?

#3213 1 year ago

Some older PC's do not have the option to fully kill power to USB when the PC is off. Newer motherboards usually do, but you may have to go into BIOS and tell the system to power off USB when powered down, it can still trickle power and you may see some RGB lights dimly lit when the device is "off". Arnoz's USB Killa just removes ALL power from the line between PC and USB devices like a hub, KL25Z, etc.

The other avatar is actually the 2nd person in that video, Porrgy, or Patrick Landry. He has since started a cabinet company with the guy who did some VO work in Pizza Time and other vpin creations. That is called LabArcades, but they are just friends, and Patrick does not have a lot of time to make new tutorial content with me anymore, so I entertain on YT/Twitch instead now.

#3214 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm not sure if I should have this Arnoz USB KILLA V2. Is this necessary if using his components?
    https://shop.arnoz.com/en/accessoires/17-usb-killa-v1.html
    I have concluded that these components listed below are all I need for what I want to do...
    - KL SHIELD + KL25Z
    - Mosboard Full 8
    - The BRAIN
    - Potar with 3D print assembly.
    **Awesome product line!!

Chiming in to say Arnoz products are EXCELLENT. Great seller.

#3215 1 year ago
    Quoted from friscopinball:

Chiming in to say Arnoz products are EXCELLENT. Great seller.

Yes!
    It's a really well thought out and impressive modular system!!
    Great work Arnoz!

#3216 1 year ago

Example of vertical back glass display for classic pin. Extra sticks out top for topper vids or whatever.
    * Pic taken from VPUNIVERSE gallery *

large.PXL_20220429_100808485.jpg.1a98f0aa9460fbe1ebdc678a179b40d3 (resized).jpglarge.PXL_20220429_100808485.jpg.1a98f0aa9460fbe1ebdc678a179b40d3 (resized).jpg

#3217 1 year ago

Thank you to @goldchicco!

Our recent replay of Tuesday Night Tributes with Alberto aka Team Goldchicco is live and we had a really fun time discussing his start in pinball beginning with his own arcade in Italy and making its way to the states as he ventured into the virtual pinball hobby. Alberto was kind enough to give detail how he learned from 32assassin and began his journey in creating classic tables such as Independence Day to Car Hop to Superman! Even though he has taken a break from creating, Alberto’s mark on this hobby is second to none and it was a great interview as his passion for pinball is undeniable.

It was a great interview and I hope you enjoy it as we celebrate those who give us so much of their hard work and time. We even had a video chat going .

Please feel free to take a look at the link below to watch the replay!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1550609797

#3218 1 year ago

Manu Smith was a music scientist specializing in the HardOn Collider. One day while creating a soundtrack to entice Dark Matter, the facility was bombarded by mysterious cosmic rays emanating from the Collider. While difficult, our hero managed to get back on his feet, and noticed three other scientists had also been caught in the blast. Though all four members of the science team survived, the strange energy they had encountered had changed their bodies in wondrous, and, in some cases, grotesque ways.

Refusing to let their strange circumstances become a disadvantage, Smith leads the group in becoming a team of adventurers calling themselves the Pincredibles who used their new powers to save the world from strange threats and discover intense joy in other pinball dimensions.

Harlan, MPT3K, Daphishbowl, and MrH have now joined forces to become to Pincredibles, a unique team of super heroes with the skills and powers to match the unruly Pinball Syndicate.

Join us for the Origin story of this incredible team, and witness the creation of something truly special on Pizza Time TONIGHT 8/14/2022 at 10PM EST!
    https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

PT4 (resized).pngPT4 (resized).png
    #3219 1 year ago

If you missed it live, our interview with The Pincredibles (Daphishbowl, MrH, Harlan, and MPT3K) is now live on YouTube.

#3220 1 year ago

READY, SET, DRAW!!!

It's that time of the week! Time to celebrate another amazing vpin contributor.

We fire up Episode #11 of our original series, “Tuesday Night Tributes,” which is set for 8/16/22, at 9:00 pm EST and this one is going to get nuts!

We will be celebrating one of virtual pinball's best and most prolific artists, @JoePicasso!

Joey is an amazing asset to this community and if you have loaded up ANY table, you probably have seen this guy's awesome art. Not only does JoePicasso crush it with working on recreations like the sensual Barb Wire, the unblievebaly original Wacky Racers, and cult classic themes like Home Alone. Joey works extremely hard and has so many projects pending, it's going to blow your mind to see what is released in the future.

JoePicasso is going to be chatting with us LIVE and giving us his perspective on his start in the hobby, how he learned his craft, and what he likes best about virtual pinball. It should be about a two hour discussion as we aim to play over 4 of his awesome tables.

Please join me in celebrating JoePicasso as he has also tentatively agreed to speak with us via video chat!

These interviews have given the community a great behind the scenes look at the creation process without any fluff and I hope to see you there at twitch.tv/friscopinball for another one

Joe Picasso Tribute (resized).pngJoe Picasso Tribute (resized).png
    #3221 1 year ago

We had a swell battle, and sold our souls in the process! Please learn for our horrible mistakes! VPX Tutorials live every Tuesday on Twitch.

#3222 1 year ago

We wanted to invite you over to our place as our Uncle Paulie will be coming to visit. Mom says he ALWAYS brings gifts to us kids, so I know I am hyped for this one! Good ole' Uncle Paulie has brought us some incredible classics, and might even share the latest WIP effort if you promise to be good boys and girls.

We will discuss the classics he has given us already like Comet, Black Knight 2000, Apollo 13, Atlantis, Twister, and SO MUCH MORE! Come on by the pub Sunday for some Pie, Pints, and some good old hang time with our creator interview series, Supper Club Presents - Pizza Time! 7PM PST/10PM EST this Sunday on GCC.

DSC_532k9 (resized).pngDSC_532k9 (resized).png
    #3223 1 year ago

We interviewed UnclePaulie and he said we were good enough for gifts, and we got his next WIP preview, Solar Fire! Come and check out this soon to be released update to one of the more unique 80's double playfield offerings, and see if you can remember to use the mag-save!

#3224 1 year ago

Four hours of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.0! We broke some stuff and hit over a billion - enjoy (Xandar soon)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1569001114 (some parts muted bc we also activated that sweet, sweet Cleland sound mod - check your script options!)

#3225 1 year ago

Smack it, flip it, rub it down, oh no! Damn Hardon collider got me again! There is also a secret Easter egg the Pincredibles left you, who is going to be the first one to find it?

#3226 1 year ago

Another VPX tutorial, and this one is brought to you by ladies riding Dolphins!

#3227 1 year ago

This Sunday we sit down with one of the Grandfather's of today's modern VPX play, Rothbauerw! Want to know how Nfozzy and Fleep came about? Perhaps you would like to meet one of the most prolific VPX collaborators of all time, and learn more about the rabbit hole? If you took the Blue Pill, then by all means just continue eating that steak!

You enter a dark, dingy room. Chairs thrown about the room and a single set of plush recliners sitting in the center. A man approaches you, and begins to explain that your life has been an illusion, and everything you know is wrong. He offers you a choice, and in a raspy voice exclaims....

“You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

You consider your choices, and pop the Red pill. A unusual sensation moves across your body as you realize something is very wrong. Everything you thought you knew about the origins of today's pinball was skewed, and you are now realizing just how much there is to take in. The figure you met earlier greets you on the other side as you emerge.

"Welcome, to the real world"

PizzaRoth (resized).pngPizzaRoth (resized).png
    #3228 1 year ago

Hi Guys:

I am a complete novice and noob to VP, as well as being computer illiterate!!

I'm trying to learn, so would someone kindly explain to me, in easy to understand language, what a VP 'front end' is and what is it's purpose?

Thanks.

Roger

#3229 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
    I'm trying to learn, so would someone kindly explain to me, in easy to understand language, what a VP 'front end' is and what is it's purpose?
    Thanks.
    Roger

A front end is a program which helps you organize and play your virtual pinball tables.

You launch a front end and then it has cool features like loading videos, preview vids, and animated wheels.

Pinup Popper is an example of a front end. It gathers up all your tables and you load the program and voila! - everything is somewhat organized you for you and you can customize it how you see fit.

Pinup Popper also has the amazing ability to play PuP Packs which are extra media files that trigger on your cab/desktop when you do certain events during a game like multiball or draining.

Hope this helps!

#3230 1 year ago

A front end is a program which helps you organize and play your virtual pinball tables.
    You launch a front end and then it has cool features like loading videos, preview vids, and animated wheels.
    Pinup Popper is an example of a front end. It gathers up all your tables and you load the program and voila! - everything is somewhat organized you for you and you can customize it how you see fit.
    Pinup Popper also has the amazing ability to play PuP Packs which are extra media files that trigger on your cab/desktop when you do certain events during a game like multiball or draining.
    Hope this helps!

#3231 1 year ago

Hope this helps!

Wow! Even I understood this explanation!

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me.

Roger

#3232 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Wow! Even I understood this explanation!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me.
    Roger

My pleasure. Reach out if you need any further help or assistance.

#3233 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
    Roger

Oooo,
    how computer illiterate? That term is ambiguous?
    There will be much to setup and tweak. It's all learnable, but I hope you like playing with computers and researching on forums etc... I would recommend you keep it simple to start.

#3234 1 year ago

Just do not download someone else's files, go a table at a time, and things will work out. Lots of folks here to help @rogerdodger!

#3235 1 year ago

Nice space saving design!

#3236 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Nice space saving design!

Very cool, I like how compact that is. I wonder if the PC is actually behind the wall or in the unit.

#3237 1 year ago
    Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Very cool, I like how compact that is. I wonder if the PC is actually behind the wall or in the unit.

I wondered at that too. Whomever built that has some serious skills.

#3238 1 year ago

In case you were not able to join us live last night, we posted our interview with Rothbauerw this evening on YouTube.

#3239 1 year ago

I’M A REASONABLE GUY. BUT, I’VE JUST EXPERIENCED SOME VERY UNREASONABLE THINGS!!!

It's that time of the week! Time to celebrate another amazing vpin contributor.

We fire up Episode #12 of our original series, “Tuesday Night Tributes,” which is set for 8/30/22, at 9:00 pm EST and this one is going to be a tag team of epic proportions!

We will be celebrating a pair of virtual pinball's most infamous creators, Pedro Pires and Pedro Peres!

These two esteemed gentlemen have put together some of the most amazing tables and PuP Packs you have ever seen including the legendary Monsters of Rock table and PuP Pack, Doom and Aliens vs Predator FX3 PuP Packs, and Deadpool PuP Packs with the JP Salas table! Here's the deal - these guys kick ass and when you load up their work, you can tell how much passion they put into making a fun piece of virtual pinball history.
    Team Tuga is going to be chatting with us LIVE and giving us their opinion on everything virtual pinball including their history in the hobby and where they think it is going. We are going to cover a LOT of ground and maybe spend get into BIG TROUBLE in LITTLE CHINA .

Please join me in celebrating Team Tuga as he has also tentatively agreed to speak with us via video chat!

These interviews have given the community a great behind the scenes look at the creation process without any fluff and I hope to see you there at twitch.tv/friscopinball for another one.

Team Tuga (resized).pngTeam Tuga (resized).png

#3240 1 year ago

Looking forward to the Pedros!

#3241 1 year ago

Did you miss the live Table and PuP Pack premiere this evening on The_Living_Arcade? I sure did not, and nabbed a copy of the table for myself, so I flipped it quickly for you because I like to tease! Table should be on VPU very soon!

Check out TLA on Twitch as well and send him a follow will ya?
    https://www.twitch.tv/the_living_arcade

#3242 1 year ago

Another weekly tutorial is online for your enjoyment, and this time we delve into the original flow master, High Speed!

#3243 1 year ago

We wanted to let you know that a legend coming to our Creator Interview Series this Sunday with the venerable Scottacus! This gentleman has not only brought us over 15 incredible EM updates, but has also created a Home Brew pinball machine that you may have heard of before here on Pinside in the CupHead table.

We will sit down with Scott, and get to know him better, talk about the projects he works on, and maybe even a head to head battle. If we are nice, perhaps Scottacus may even show us some toys from the workshop!

See you Sunday at 5PM PST / 8PM EST!

Scottacus's EM work includes:

OXO
    Triple X
    Pirate Gold
    Sea Ray
    Gridiron
    Nudgy
    Mariner
    The Wiggler
    Grand Tour
    Four Million B.C.
    Flicker
    Capersville
    Boomerang
    Tropic Fun
    Gulfstream

PTScottacus (resized).pngPTScottacus (resized).png
    #3244 1 year ago

If you entered, check your email!

7PM EST tonight, we will announce the Grand Prize winner and selected the secondary prize winners live! We appreciate everyone that chipped in to make this an incredible giveaway, and will honor all prize donations this evening as well. We also plan on covering this build in a YT series. One man's journey into virtual pinball. More to come, stay tuned!

WinnerAnnounce (resized).pngWinnerAnnounce (resized).png
    #3245 1 year ago

Thank you to Team Tuga aka @pedroperes and @pedropires !

Our recent replay of Tuesday Night Tributes with Team Tuga is live and we had a really hilarious time watching these two guys talk about their start in the vpin world and really got a chance to see why they are good friends. Team Tuga was kind enough to give details on how they started making PuP Packs and tables and even let us know about their new WIP, Hellraiser! They shared how they collaborate with many authors including JP Salas and Balutito and it was a learning how they have advanced the tech on thier creations iincluding video ramps and apron cards!

It was a great interview and I hope you enjoy it as we celebrate those who give us so much of their hard work and time. We even had a video chat going .

Please feel free to take a look at the link below to watch the replay!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1577495365

#3246 1 year ago

If you missed it live, our interview with Scottacus is on YouTube. This is quite the renaissance man, and it was quite informative to boot. Thank you @scottacus!!!!

#3247 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smaug:

Did you miss the live Table and PuP Pack premiere this evening

Wow the Big Trouble in Little China looks like a fun table. I especially like the lightning effects with playfield, GI, and sounds. Reminds me of Adams Family Power sound. We need more lightning sounds in pinball-I also like machine gun sounds(like 24) for some reason. Thanks for putting these videos together and making me crave pizza(I like pizza).

I have not played Cup Head yet and I need to check it out. I think I need to start being more aggressive with nudging as well-my wide body VP feels like a tank. Wondering who can make Blood Machines into a real table?

#3248 1 year ago

Scoring..........The final frontier! These are the voyages of iScored enterprise. It's continuing mission, to explore strange new gamerooms. To seek out new users and new basements to invade. To boldly go where no app has gone before.

Join us this week for a very different flavor of Pizza Time with iScored owner/creator Dan (Pez)! We even have a couple of special treats for you, a guest co-host, and of course, a great time with friends learning new things about pinball and the virtual world!

Sunday Sept. 11th at 5PM PST/8PM EST on Twitch, and 24 hours later on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbroBsrbYLzQVhkCemu4Dg

PTiScored (resized).pngPTiScored (resized).png
    #3249 1 year ago

Video is live if you missed the iScored interview...

#3250 1 year ago

Coming this Friday 9PM EST on Twitch, our community tribute to Pinball and Wrestling with BATTLE SLAM! We have an incredible show planned for you, with 5 matches 20 pinball streamers, an incredibly fun pre-show, and so much more.

We have pulled out all the stops for this, and it all leads into a title match, and an all female Pin Royal for the featured final match. Come and see us live, and be sure to stay clear of the mat, or we may drag you into a fight!

BattleSlamThumb (resized).pngBattleSlamThumb (resized).png
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.