Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 80.
    #3151 1 year ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

that game you have on the screen - does it have the same rules as EATPM?

No it’s the rules from party monsters, hope someday there house of horror will release the table

#3152 1 year ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

that game you have on the screen - does it have the same rules as EATPM?

It runs on the actual game ROM code, so the rules are exactly the same as long as all of the switches are programmed and placed correctly. Physics and visuals are up to the creator of the recreation to nail down.

Edit: whoops, missed that it looked like HoH. Running EatPM code though, yeah.

#3153 1 year ago

***PREPARE TO GET SLAYED***

After a break this week, Episode #6 of “Tuesday Night Tributes” is set for 6/7/22, at 10:30 pm CST!

We will be celebrating the wonderful creations from a true OG in the vpin community, Hauntfreaks!

Besides being a really nice guy, Hauntfreaks has blessed us with some of the coolest version of licensed tables as well as his own amazing original creations. If you have ever wanted to see how creative you can get with pinball, all you need to do is look no further than a Hauntfreaks original like CARtoons RC, Slayer, and many more.

And this isn’t even scratching the surface with the contributions made by Hauntfreaks. From physics tweaks, FullDMD media, Popper wheels, and amazing alternative backglasses, this man does it all and it’s time we put the spotlight on him.

Please join me in celebrating Hauntfreaks as he has also tentatively agreed to speak with us via voice/video chat!

Hope to see you there at twitch.tv/friscopinball

3D1D2598-8FC7-4B32-9C97-1978AFE5EBCF (resized).png3D1D2598-8FC7-4B32-9C97-1978AFE5EBCF (resized).png
    #3154 1 year ago

Iron Maiden tribute table from VPin Workshop, coming soon. I can't believe how good this looks, this is being played on a 1080p screen too. This is the most impressive vpin work I've seen yet.

Screenshot 2022-06-02 072333 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-06-02 072333 (resized).jpg

#3155 1 year ago

I can't wait to try out the Maiden table from VPW! It's one of my most played games in tournaments and is absolutely fantastic. Thanks to VPW for all the hard work!

#3156 1 year ago

wow, that look’s pretty amazing!

#3157 1 year ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

wow, that look’s pretty amazing!

Yeah. It’s pretty mind blowing just how well it’s been recreated. Unlike a ROM based VPin the entire code and rules had to be created from scratch which seems like a massive undertaking. For a while I thought that LCD era games could never be faithfully recreated but recreations like Batman 66 and now Iron Maiden have proved me wrong.

#3158 1 year ago

Thank you to Hauntfreaks!

Tonight's replay of Tuesday Night Tributes with Hauntfreaks is live and we had a really fun time discussing his start in virtual pinball with Future Pinball and how his creation process evolved into making some of the coolest original original tables out there like Bubba the Redneck Werewolf and Young Frankenstein. Hauntfreaks was a great sport talking about everything from his favorite artists to what he looks forward to in the future of virtual pinball.

It was a really awesome interview and I hope you enjoy it as we celebrate those who give us so much of their hard work and time. We even had a video chat going .

Please feel free to take a look at the link below to watch the replay! I apologize for any audio issues regarding the mic volumes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1497776870

#3159 1 year ago

YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS HERE!

Hi everyone, Episode #7 of “Tuesday Night Tributes” is set for 6/14/22, at 10:30 pm CST!

We will be celebrating the person who taught so many of us about the essentials of virtual pinball, the reniassance man Major Frenchy!

When you search up virtual pinball in almost any search engine, the first name many of us is none other than Major Frenchy. There is a reason for this. Major Frenchy's video and text guides have all helped us find out way through the maze that is virtual pinball and we all owe him a huge deal of gratitude. Without his help, I would still be trying to figure out how to setup my plunger .

He has tackled almost every issue you could imagine when building a cab to configuring exactly how your software should work. This man has guided us all and it’s time we put the spotlight on him and play some of his favorite tables too!

Please join me in celebrating Major Frenchy as he has also tentatively agreed to speak with us via voice/video chat!

Major Frenchy Tribute (resized).pngMajor Frenchy Tribute (resized).png
    #3160 1 year ago

Thank you to Major Frenchy!

Tonight's replay of Tuesday Night Tributes with Major Frenchy is live and we had a really fun time discussing his start in YouTube creation, playing some of his favorite tables, and some of his upcoming projects including a cool new vpin rebuild using an ALP cab.

Major was a great sport and we spent over TWO HOURS talking about what this hobby means to us and the evolution of virtual pinball through the years.

It was a really awesome interview and I hope you enjoy it as we celebrate those who give us so much of their hard work and time. We even had a video chat going .

Please feel free to take a look at the link below to watch the replay!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1504150681

#3161 1 year ago

thanks fresco for the podcasts. enjoyed the HauntFreaks podcast Brian Awesome guy!.

#3162 1 year ago

***BUCKLE UP BUTTERCUP, IT'S TIME TO GET WILD!***

Hi everyone, Episode #8 of “Tuesday Night Tributes” is set for 6/21/22, at 10:30 pm CST!

We will be celebrating one of the most original creators we have in this hobby, Remdwaas!

If you have evr wanted a different and amazing experience in the world of virtual pinball, there is nothing like loading up a Remdwaas table. He's given all of us an epic nostalgia trip with Escape From Monkey Island and made us crack up with his South Park and Wacky Racers tables. When you need a dose of creativity, a Remdwaas table is just the trick.

Admittedly, I have spent almost 100 hours playing his Pokemon Pinball table when I need a fun, relaxing time and the gameplay is top notch. This man has spent a ton of time giving us his best work and it's time we interview him to see some of the behind the scenes process!

Please join me in celebrating Remdwaas as he has also tentatively agreed to speak with us via voice/video chat!

6EE1BDA5-8DF8-4C0C-8CC6-E603F910D782 (resized).png6EE1BDA5-8DF8-4C0C-8CC6-E603F910D782 (resized).png
    #3163 1 year ago

VPW is working on a version of Twilight Zone, looks really good!

2 weeks later
    #3164 1 year ago

So my cmos battery died on my mb and messed up the video settings (amongst other things) with visual pinball. Currently I can play games, but some dmd video is missing, while on others the back glass art is gone. Game plays fine otherwise...I’m trying to understand what changed in the bios settings that could have messed up video settings? One thing I noticed is the monitor order had been switched. The back glass monitor became the primary etc...any thoughts from more experienced virtual pin owners? Not at a total loss, but it’s been a minute since I’ve really dug into these things.

#3165 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

So my cmos battery died on my mb and messed up the video settings (amongst other things) with visual pinball. Currently I can play games, but some dmd video is missing, while on others the back glass art is gone. Game plays fine otherwise...I’m trying to understand what changed in the bios settings that could have messed up video settings? One thing I noticed is the monitor order had been switched. The back glass monitor became the primary etc...any thoughts from more experienced virtual pin owners? Not at a total loss, but it’s been a minute since I’ve really dug into these things.

Does your motherboard have onboard video? That resetting to a default setting could cause issues with windows detecting monitors in the wrong order.

#3166 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Take a look at the screenres.txt file in the tables directory. You can edit that file directly or run the b2sserver setup again also from that directory.

If you are using pinup popper, also run the config display that you can find in the pinup system directory to see if you need to change something there.

#3167 1 year ago

When all else fails uninstall and reinstall vpx. Thats is after you correct your video card to its normal settings. The all in one baller installer makes it a few minute job. It's the quickest way to sort issues like this hands down.

#3168 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice. I will check the various things mentioned here and report back

#3169 1 year ago

Does anyone know of any virtual pinball machines available in the Nashville area to try? I am getting interested in either buying or building one, but want to make sure it is something that we would want at home. Thank you.

#3170 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for a cabinet, I'm selling one. Just an empty cabinet and backbox, no screens or computer. Does include a lockdown with fire button though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wpc-cabinet-wide-body-indiana-jones

A 43in monitor fit pretty snuggly in it.

#3171 1 year ago

Can somebody let me know if this is a quality builder? I heard they lock up their hard drive so you can't just update and add tables. Please let me know as I may purchase a second hand one.

https://creative-arcades.com/products/virtual-pinball-machine-327-famous-pinball-games-49-4k-lcd-screen-full-forced-feeback-package-led-strips

#3172 1 year ago

LET'S GET READY TO MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

Hi everyone, Episode #9 of our original series, “Tuesday Night Tributes,” is set for 7/12/22, at 10:30 pm CST!

We will be celebrating one of virtual pinball's reinaissance men when it comes to amazing altsound packages as well as table creations, @iDigstuff!

If you have ever hit F1 on a VPX table and launched one of @iDigStuff's altsounds, you know he has spent countless hours perfecting the best audio package including callouts and sounds for many pins. Not only that, but he has an extensive library of original titles like the infamously popular and fun, Tiki Bob's Atomic Party.

idigstuff is going to be chatting with us and giving us his perspective on his start in the hobby, how he comes up with these amazing tables and audio packages, and giving us a behind the scenes peek at his creation process. It should be a lengthy discussion as aim to play over 6 of his awesome masterpieces.

Please join me in celebrating idigstuff as he has also tentatively agreed to speak with us via video chat! Hope to see you there at twitch.tv/friscopinball

C5A8393C-5D3C-45C5-A6D9-F87C5F21C1EF (resized).pngC5A8393C-5D3C-45C5-A6D9-F87C5F21C1EF (resized).png
    #3173 1 year ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

If anyone is looking for a cabinet, I'm selling one. Just an empty cabinet and backbox, no screens or computer. Does include a lockdown with fire button though.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wpc-cabinet-wide-body-indiana-jones
    A 43in monitor fit pretty snuggly in it.

Wish you were closer!

#3174 1 year ago

We came, we saw, we conquered!

Thank you to iDigStuff!

Our recent replay of Tuesday Night Tributes with iDigStuff is live and we had a really fun time discussing his start and contibution to the virtual pinball scene. This interview went over THREE HOURS and you will see why when you watch it as iDigStuff was so easy to talk to and he explained so much of the behind the scenes work that he does on his original tables and altsound packages. If you are an every day salt of the earth guy like me, this is the interview you want to watch as it should inspire you to become creative in this wonderful hobby of ours.

It was a great interview and I hope you enjoy it as we celebrate those who give us so much of their hard work and time. We even had a video chat going .

Please feel free to take a look at the link below to watch the replay! Also go download TIKI BOB'S ATOMIC BEACH PARTY! It's soooo good.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1530318963

#3175 1 year ago

friscopinball - thanks for doing these…they are do damned good!

#3176 1 year ago
    Quoted from matt68061:

friscopinball - thanks for doing these…they are do damned good!

I am so happy you enjoy them. My goal in doing these is that give some exposure to all sorts of creators and give you some behind the scenes insight.

It’s reinvigorated my love for streaming. As long as I don’t have to bribe you to come see it live or watch, I’m on the right track .

#3177 1 year ago
    Quoted from friscopinball:

I am so happy you enjoy them. My goal in doing these is that give some exposure to all sorts of creators and give you some behind the scenes insight.
    It’s reinvigorated my love for streaming. As long as I don’t have to bribe you to come see it live or watch, I’m on the right track .

#3178 1 year ago

THERE'S GOLD IN THEM HILLS!!!

Hi everyone, can you believe it?

We are already on **Episode #10 **of our original series, “Tuesday Night Tributes,” is set for 8/2/22, at 8:00 pm CST and boy, do we have a good one!

We will be celebrating one of virtual pinball's classic and most consistent creator of quality pins, Team Goldchicco!

Over 47 weeks ago, I told GoldChicco I wanted to do a tribute night to him and his team and now that the stars have finally aligned, we can get it done! His resume' is seriously impressive - we have Willy's Wonderland 2.0, Silverball Mania, Monday Night Football, Car Hop, Quicksilver, and man more classic titles. He also helps runs the amazingly popular VP Nation group on Facebook which is how a lot of us have navigated these murky vipn waters :joy: .

Goldchicco is going to be chatting with us LIVE and giving us his perspective on his start in the hobby, how he comes up with these amazing tables, and what he likes best about the process and is currently up to in the virtual pinball world. It should be about a two hour discussion as aim to play over 4 of his awesome tables.

Please join me in celebrating Goldchicco as he has also tentatively agreed to speak with us via video chat!

These interviews have given the community a great behind the scenes look at the creation process without any fluff and I hope to see you there at twitch.tv/friscopinball for another one.

TRIBUTE (resized).pngTRIBUTE (resized).png
    #3179 1 year ago

friscopinball think you can convince any of the fine folks in the VP dev world to work out a Dragonfist VPX? We need it

#3180 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

friscopinball think you can convince any of the fine folks in the VP dev world to work out a Dragonfist VPX? We need it

I will do my best and love this suggestion

#3181 1 year ago

Other - For Sale
    “Looking sell my Virtual pin. Plain black cab, Professionally built, looks great and plays fantastic. runs all included games well without problems. It's really a great machine. ...”
    2022-08-18
    Preston, CT
    3,800 (OBO)
    Archived after: 3 days
    Viewed: 1799 times

Price drop!

#3182 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

DudeRegular if you can get me a scan of playfield and plastics I'll build it.

#3183 1 year ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

Bord, any chance you are doing an upgrade to Spanish Eyes? Such a fun and unique table. Love your work as well!

#3184 1 year ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

That would be awesome! I asked in the Stern Electronics thread. I am not sure if anyone has them or not. CPR did the plastic set, so I would think someone in the community provided them the originals or scans.

#3185 1 year ago

Hey guys!

Wanted to let you know about our efforts, I did not even think Pinside would have a vpin group, but found out recently it's here, so I get to play catch-up!

GameClubCentral is out there on Twitch and YouTube for your VPIN content pleasure. We have a variety of awesome folks in the community, and do regular things like vpin tournaments, pinball VPX tutorials, creator interviews, BattleStreams, and so much more. We are non-profit, and anything donated goes back to the hobby directly.

So let me share the joy we are making with you if your time allows with a link or two, as I want to also giver this group a chance at the huge vpin package we are giving away.

GCC Vpin cabinet giveaway: https://gleam.io/Hk9no/gcc-vpin-cabinet-giveaway

GCC Creator streams on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbroBsrbYLzQVhkCemu4Dg

GCC live on Twitch for Tournament play: https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

Thank you for your time, and have a great day!

Smaug (Marty)
    GameClubCentral

ContestFlyerALL (resized).pngContestFlyerALL (resized).png
    #3186 1 year ago

Question for everyone... Just curious, what displays are you all using for your playfield? My last attempt at a virtual pin cab, the latency between flipper button press, and actual flip was too much. I tried switching out PCs, different encoders, tried the Virtuapin plunger/encoder, and the latency was still present, so I'm thinking it must be the LG TV I was using. I even had the TV in game mode which is supposed to reduce latency, but that didn't work.

#3187 1 year ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Question for everyone... Just curious, what displays are you all using for your playfield? My last attempt at a virtual pin cab, the latency between flipper button press, and actual flip was too much. I tried switching out PCs, different encoders, tried the Virtuapin plunger/encoder, and the latency was still present, so I'm thinking it must be the LG TV I was using. I even had the TV in game mode which is supposed to reduce latency, but that didn't work.

Broad range of possibilities honestly. Hardware certainly could be part of the equation between your encoder and screen. Another thing is all the software side. Things have gotten quite a bit better there. Many games have been updated or rebuilt with updated physics and flipper tweaks to play much better.

#3188 1 year ago
    Quoted from japespin:

I upgraded my rig to an ASUS 4K gaming monitor w/ 120HZ refresh. Makes a HUGE difference. Also have a Nvidia 3080 GPU and high-end PC; overkill possibly, but: makes even the most demanding tables run silky smooth.

#3189 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Bord, any chance you are doing an upgrade to Spanish Eyes? Such a fun and unique table. Love your work as well!

I own one now but it will be about a year before I'll strip and scan it. Probably won't touch it again before I have that done. Likely a VPE project.

#3190 1 year ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

I own one now but it will be about a year before I'll strip and scan it. Probably won't touch it again before I have that done. Likely a VPE project.

Spanish Eyes is one of my viewer’s favorites. He owns one too and loves it.

I’d love to get an Old Chicago in my collection someday.

#3191 1 year ago

I played Old Chicago on my vcab last night for a while. I want to get one at the house too. That or Grand Prix are the two top of my EM list then a whole bunch of cool gottliebs after. Captain Card is pretty great and I don't usually like symetrical layouts.

#3192 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I played Old Chicago on my vcab last night for a while. I want to get one at the house too. That or Grand Prix are the two top of my EM list then a whole bunch of cool gottliebs after. Captain Card is pretty great and I don't usually like symetrical layouts.

+1 for Grand Prix. It’s so much fun.

#3193 1 year ago
    Quoted from japespin:

I have an Asus 43" 120HZ monitor in the cabinet, and it is also from VirtuaPin (the cabinet). I was not impressed with the latency on the included monitor, so I just bought the cab and put in my own hardware. 1ms, and in love

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDLV344/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#3194 1 year ago

We cover a new table every week on Tuesdays for VPX if that interests you, currently 17 tables under the belt. I try to keep up with them on YouTube also. Here is one we did on Star Trek TNG for VPX I just posted if you need to learn this game for any reason.

I am NO expert, but I do try and take a few days to research what I do not know, or learn from multiple sources. Presented in a casual style!

#3195 1 year ago

Other - For Sale
    “I have an arcade legends id like to sell. Game has control upgrade and imput upgrade (vibs board) to allow pc connections”
    2022-08-03
    Preston, CT
    Archived after: 18 days
    Viewed: 68 times

Just listed my arcade legends

#3196 1 year ago

For those that have an interest, or have been wondering why everyone is talking about the new VPX original table TimeLord, this is YOUR week!

Starting today, we are kicking off a full week of Timelord goodness, and it starts in just over an hour with Thursday Throwdown, a casual all day VPX tournament we play together to break the hum drum of playing alone. I thought you might like to know that the winner, middle, and last place scores will win a very unique prize, a custom personalized version of TimeLord, for you from the creator!!

Play, don't cheat, we trust you! Put your scores in here:
    https://www.iscored.info/?mode=public&user=Smaug

Table download:
    https://vpuniverse.com/.../10781-timelord-original-2022.../

Not enough?!?! How about Pizza with the creator, and a very personal interview, story about the table design, and what the heck the game is all about.
    And if that wasn't enough for you, LL Cool Play will be covering the table tutorial next week to finish of this very unique tribute to an incredible piece of work. Come if you dare, and learn how to master time with us!

Tournament Rules:
    1. You must use the specified table and version, link will be provided above
    2. You are not allowed extra ball buy-ins to boost your score
    3. Only single-player games are allowed; some games provide an advantage when there is more than one player
    4. DO NOT modify the table script in any way
    5. DO NOT modify the number of balls per game
    6. DO NOT cheat in any other way possible, this is meant to be a friendly competition
    7. Scoring will be open for entry one day only, from 12:01AM PST - 11:59PMPST

ThursThrowDownTimeLord (resized).pngThursThrowDownTimeLord (resized).png
    #3197 1 year ago

As promised, the TimeLord madness continues this Sunday at 10PM EST on GCC! Meet the legends behind the new original table as I am joined by author RusstyT, as we discuss his work on the new table, getting started with Shovel Knight, and so much more. Right after the show we have a live BattleStream with Australia VS USA in the grudge match of the Century....Dragon Vs TimeLord. Come get the story, the lore, and so much more.

We have the next 3 months of interviews lined up for you, and wow, you guys are in for some treats with special shows dedicated to the biggest, and smallest names in virtual pinball. Hang in there, we will get to EVERYONE in time. Next week will blow your socks off, so stay tuned!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameclubcentral

PizzaTime3 (resized).pngPizzaTime3 (resized).png
    #3198 1 year ago

I am surprised that there are no examples out there (that I can find) of a VP setup like the one I'm going to build.
    It's a very simplified and less expensive version of a pincab to fit in a smaller space. All it is, is a stubby cab design for controller with SSF and two 32-inch displays both mounted vertically (portrait) one above the other. The playfield display will be an Acer Predator XB323U 32" (2560 x 1440) IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC mounted to the wall with a proper wall mount that allows adjustment. The other will be a cheaper 75Hz 32-inch display for back box/dmd/toper vids etc. also mounted vertically to the wall above the playfield display.
    This will be an easy and relatively inexpensive way to enjoy VPX, FX3 and VR pinball. I currently own an HP Reverb G2 headset.

#3199 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I am surprised that there are no examples out there (that I can find) of a VP setup like the one I'm going to build.
    It's a very simplified and less expensive version of a pincab to fit a a smaller space. All it is, is a stubby cab design for controller with SSF and two 32-inch displays both mounted vertically (portrait) one above the other. The playfield display will be an Acer Predator XB323U 32" (2560 x 1440) IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC mounted to the wall with a proper wall mount that allows adjustment. The other will be a cheaper 75Hz 32-inch display for back box/dmd/toper vids etc. also mounted vertically to the wall above the playfield display.
    This will be an easy and relatively inexpensive way to enjoy VPX, FX3 and VR pinball. I currently own an HP Reverb G2 headset.

I've actually seen a cab like this on YouTube (2 displays, both mounted vertically). I can't find the video though. It was a guy out in Australia (I think?) showing off his build.

#3200 1 year ago
    Quoted from japespin:

I've actually seen a cab like this on YouTube (2 displays, both mounted vertically). I can't find the video though. It was a guy out in Australia (I think?) showing off his build.

I can't find any like this. It seems so obvious for anyone looking to save space and work and cost and yet enjoy virtual pinball. I suppose if I didn't have 8 real pins I'd want a full blown pincab too LOL!

There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.