Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 80.
    #3001 2 years ago

Yep you are correct Branlon8. SadSack
    that's a Great buy for the Lengends pinball. that's half price. my sams is sold out. I would have bought one for that price ..

#3002 2 years ago

What is a good price for a used VP Cabs? Just looking for an estimate as I am not familiar with the pricing of virtual pinball.

#3003 2 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

What is a good price for a used VP Cabs? Just looking for an estimate as I am not familiar with the pricing of virtual pinball.

Well, really it depends. Personally, I'd price out the individual components of the vpin. The major expenses are the monitors, the cabinet, and most of the all, the pc parts in the build.

A given vpin's pc could have an Nvidia 1060 6gb graphics card worth $200, or it could have a 3080 GPU worth $1100. A used vpin could have a 1080p 60hz pf monitor/TV worth $250, or it could have a 4k 144hz pf monitor costing $1000.

So there is no simple answer to say what a used vpin is worth, without knowing what components it was built with. And of course, fit and finish affect price as well. Some vpins are super polished looking, while others are a bit more homemade in appearance.

But if it was me, and I was buying instead of building, I would do my best to tally of total cost of individual parts of the vpin I was thinking about buying. And that would at least give a baseline price to work from.

1 week later
    #3004 2 years ago

Ultra VP 6.0 announced, some really good hardware improvements. Very tempted to buy but want to going to try out Visual Pinball in VR first. Shipped price with tax is now nearly $10k...

278291405_4927329754046642_5429028857605609841_n (resized).jpg278291405_4927329754046642_5429028857605609841_n (resized).jpg

#3005 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I tend to agree, virtual machines never really caught my attention until it started to feel somewhat close to the real thing. Seems to be a programming/platform issue and I have a feeling in the next few years it should be pretty solid. Seems like the more stuff you add the more software glitches and crashes occur. While I am somewhat tech savy I do not have the time to fart around and try and fix problems that may arise. Should be able to find a loaded system that meets all my requirements in my price range. Panzer helped me find the perfect arcade Mame machine-now I want to find the perfect VR machine. I may have to be patient because I think this technology is advancing quickly and it is only a amount of time before someone builds my dream machine.

I'm done messing around with Visual Pinball VR, what a pain to even get it to work. Oh it doesn't work with this graphics driver on my PC, you need this version not that one of the launcher but this other version of these files, then there's bugs with that version but some are fixed in this one, oh and some of the lights are popping out of a few tables. Lol what a pain! You pretty much need to be running an "older" version of Windows with specific graphics card drivers and then hope you have all of the correct software versions and settings straightened out. I'm not building a separate PC for such a setup, forget it, my current high end PC is intended for modern gaming.

If you are going to go VR an all in one solution like the PinSim from Xtreme Gaming Cabinets may be the way to go. The cabinets, hardware, and software are built specifically for VR. I assume all of the issue I encountered would be eliminated (I hope) with a system designed just for VR pinball.

https://xtremegamingcabinets.com.au/presta17/

There's something to be said about a pretty much plug and play virtual pinball machine like the Ultra VP 6.0. Playing out of the box is part of the cost I suppose. I much rather just play then mess around with settings and table configurations for 100+ hours.

#3006 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm done messing around with Visual Pinball VR, what a pain to even get it to work. Oh it doesn't work with this graphics driver on my PC, you need this version not that one of the launcher but this other version of these files, then there's bugs with that version but some are fixed in this one, oh and some of the lights are popping out of a few tables. Lol what a pain! You pretty much need to be running an "older" version of Windows with specific graphics card drivers and then hope you have all of the correct software versions and settings straightened out. I'm not building a separate PC for such a setup, forget it, my current high end PC is intended for modern gaming.
    If you are going to go VR an all in one solution like the PinSim from Xtreme Gaming Cabinets may be the way to go. The cabinets, hardware, and software are built specifically for VR. I assume all of the issue I encountered would be eliminated (I hope) with a system designed just for VR pinball.
    https://xtremegamingcabinets.com.au/presta17/
    There's something to be said about a pretty much plug and play virtual pinball machine like the Ultra VP 6.0. Playing out of the box is part of the cost I suppose. I much rather just play then mess around with settings and table configurations for 100+ hours.

Hulk Hogan voice " A-men Brother"

#3007 2 years ago

Not sure why nobody has brought this up but if you are thinking of the Vertigo this could be an option? I just got my Legends Arcade "Sams Club version" a few weeks ago and they have pinball buttons on the side. You can play the same pinball games on it. Not saying its as good but you are able to play over 7500 arcade games also! I have not touched the pinball since I have an Ultra VP and not paying money for pinball so not sure how good it is? Probably still better than my ps3 controller I used for years.

SmartSelect_20220414-140845_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220414-140845_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #3008 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Not sure why nobody has brought this up but if you are thinking of the Vertigo this could be an option? I just got my Legends Arcade "Sams Club version" a few weeks ago and they have pinball buttons on the side. You can play the same pinball games on it. Not saying its as good but you are able to play over 7500 arcade games also! I have not touched the pinball since I have an Ultra VP and not paying money for pinball so not sure how good it is? Probably still better than my ps3 controller I used for years.
    [quoted image]

Hi Viggin900. I was wondering if you could please give some feedback on your experience with owning an Ultra VP? I see you own a few physical games, how does the Ultra VP experience compare to the physical version of the games. Does an Ultra VP version of your Gorgar or MET come close to the real ones?

I'm still debating on buying an Ultra VP. To do so I would need to sell a game from my collection which would likely be a Stern TMNT Premium. I enjoy TMNT Premium a lot but the lure of being able to play 100's of pins keeps pulling me towards the Ultra VP.

Thanks!

#3009 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hi Viggin900. I was wondering if you could please give some feedback on your experience with owning an Ultra VP? I see you own a few physical games, how does the Ultra VP experience compare to the physical version of the games. Does an Ultra VP version of your Gorgar or MET come close to the real ones?
    I'm still debating on buying an Ultra VP. To do so I would need to sell a game from my collection which would likely be a Stern TMNT Premium. I enjoy TMNT Premium a lot but the lure of being able to play 100's of pins keeps pulling me towards the Ultra VP.
    Thanks!

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the ability to play such a huge variety of different pins. All taking up the space of just one.

I've thought about trying VR, but I've heard that looking down at pf with a VR headset can cause a fair amount of neck pain for a lot of people. I will still try it eventually.

Also, as I've mentioned before, building your own vpin really isn't too bad. And it's much cheaper than a pre-built. Plus, you gain a lot more knowledge of how everything works and ties together. Which is handy in the long run.

#3010 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!

I responded to you in the other thread. Nice collection you have. If it were me you won't need Star trek nxt gen or Ghostbusters. Developers have nailed those games. Ghostbusters is the first game I put on to show it off. The others aren't quite there yet or be made anytime soon because they are so recent.

#3011 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I responded to you in the other thread. Nice collection you have. If it were me you won't need Star trek nxt gen or Ghostbusters. Developers have nailed those games. Ghostbusters is the first game I put on to show it off. The others aren't quite there yet or be made anytime soon because they are so recent.

Ghostbusters is now very hard to find in the public vpin communities, like vpuniverse or vpforums.

#3012 2 years ago

I have Ghostbusters. but won't share it with people that buy Ultra Vp. or any other commercial VP sellers. just don't like the idea of the company selling their product with HardDrives installed with people's blood,Sweat and Tears. without that harddrive and 1,000+ tables on it. Rec room world would not be getting the business they are . not for a price tag of $10,000. . people that are oohhhing and awwwing over this machine are newbies that don't know better. the machine is nothing to brag about. I seen way better virtuals built. from other hobbyists . also commercial builders selling their machines with harddrives . Hence the reason Vpinball shut down .you also notice there hasn't been alot of new tables released on the VP sites.
    I also noticed alot of the top table authors have disappeared and don't release anything. iam sure alot have went underground and only share amongst a private group. thanks to A-Holes like Ultra Vp and others. will never see any good tables being released. just whatever bone they wanna throw out. I been waiting for Stern Aerosmith a work in progress. a talented author showed off a year or so ago . probally never will get the chance to play it. with this crap going on.

#3013 2 years ago

Gradually getting my new cab together! Started just before Covid hit, and built a vertical style cab - so I’m basically just transferring everything over to my new cab.

I got the PC in the cab last night and was able to wire up a arcade button for the power switch!

I’m didn’t want to build a cab from scratch so I got a used Arcade1up and gutted it.

Richard

C817B26D-D39E-420F-ABBF-3CB6629F7B7C (resized).jpegC817B26D-D39E-420F-ABBF-3CB6629F7B7C (resized).jpegD39277E5-A5AA-406B-B86F-E2AFA03ECE96 (resized).jpegD39277E5-A5AA-406B-B86F-E2AFA03ECE96 (resized).jpeg
    #3014 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I have Ghostbusters. but won't share it with people that buy Ultra Vp. or any other commercial VP sellers. just don't like the idea of the company selling their product with HardDrives installed with people's blood,Sweat and Tears. without that harddrive and 1,000+ tables on it. Rec room world would not be getting the business they are . not for a price tag of $10,000. . people that are oohhhing and awwwing over this machine are newbies that don't know better. the machine is nothing to brag about. I seen way better virtuals built. from other hobbyists . also commercial builders selling their machines with harddrives . Hence the reason Vpinball shut down .you also notice there hasn't been alot of new tables released on the VP sites.
    I also noticed alot of the top table authors have disappeared and don't release anything. iam sure alot have went underground and only share amongst a private group. thanks to A-Holes like Ultra Vp and others. will never see any good tables being released. just whatever bone they wanna throw out. I been waiting for Stern Aerosmith a work in progress. a talented author showed off a year or so ago . probally never will get the chance to play it. with this crap going on.

That’s a bummer about the software development side. There still appears to be a steady flow of new content over at VP Universe?

https://vpuniverse.com/files/

#3015 2 years ago

I'm likely going with an Ultra VP 6.0. Shipped with tax + the video topper and becons its around $9500. That's a lot of dough for a virtual pinball machine but then I see builds like the recent one below posted to a virtual pinball forum with how much they cost. That's an amazing build but the Ultra VP 6.0 offers even more features and there's nothing to configure... I'll happily pay $2k more to have an out of the box solution.

Ryzen 7 5700G | RTX 3060TI | 40GB Ram | 1TB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe (4x4)
    43" ROG 120Hz 4K Playfield | 32" IPS 1080 Backglass | 15.6" 1080 IPS Full DMD
    Real Pinball Coils: (8) 24V Bumpers | (2) 24V Slingshots | (2) 24V Flippers | (4) 48V Chimes | 48V Knocker
    Stern Shaker Motor with Variac Speed Controller
    7.1 SSF (6x50W) Plus 450W External Sub
    Pinscape Controller & Expansion Board | Teensy LED Controller
    8x56 Programmable Matrix + (2) 137 LED Side Strips (Diffused)
    PinUp Popper Front End
    Approx $7500 total build cost

#3016 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ultra VP 6.0 announced, some really good hardware improvements. Very tempted to buy but want to going to try out Visual Pinball in VR first. Shipped price with tax is now nearly $10k...
    [quoted image]

VPX VR is the only way for me. And you can build a stubby cab with SSF for cheap. Bought a HP Reverb G2 a year ago. Image quality is incredible! Closest thing to real pinball. Plan to build one next year when video card prices hopefully return to somewhat normal.

#3017 2 years ago

I'm going to flip my NIB atgames legends machine for $600 on CL. I haven't opened it and I still like my full-size, home-built. If someone wants it here, I'd take $550. I thought they were a pretty good deal at $700 after building my own about 7 years ago.

Screenshot from 2022-04-17 12-40-43 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2022-04-17 12-40-43 (resized).png
    #3018 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

VPXVR is the only way for me. And you can build a stubby cab with SSF for cheap. Bought a HP Reverb G2 a year ago. Image quality is incredible! Closest thing to real pinball. Plan to build one next year when video card prices hopefully return to somewhat normal.

I always wanted to try it, but I’m told my graphix card is not powerful enough (GeForce 1660 super)

#3019 2 years ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I always wanted to try it, but I’m told my graphix card is not powerful enough (GeForce 1660 super)

Especially with a G2 headset!
    2160 x 2160 panel resolution per eye
    4320 x 2160 pixels combined
    I was going for the RTX3080 until SHTF!
    That VPX VR software is not optimized well and held together with duck tape. But when you get it running!!!

#3020 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

VPXVR is the only way for me. And you can build a stubby cab with SSF for cheap. Bought a HP Reverb G2 a year ago. Image quality is incredible! Closest thing to real pinball. Plan to build one next year when video card prices hopefully return to somewhat normal.

That sounds really cool! I can definitely see the appeal to VR pinball. I was messing around with Visual Pinball in VR last night. It was great being able to look around a TZ table in full 3D. The VR software for virtual pinball does seem like a bit of a mess and support for it comes across as lacking compared to non VR virtual pinball. I’m sure it will only improve from here.

Personally I’m more of a fan of the full cabinet virtual pinball machines. The entire social aspect of pinball goes out the window with VR pinball, wearing a headset isn’t fun after a few minutes (plus I want to drink a beer while playing lol), and then there’s the lack of a full size cabinet with proper weighting, mechanical devices, etc. I say this as someone who built a VR PinSim, it’s cool but a full size cabinet with mechanical and sound force feedback still seems more like real pinball IMO. The Ultra VP 6.0 supports VR which will be interesting to try.

#3021 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds really cool! I can definitely see the appeal to VR pinball. I was messing around with Visual Pinball in VR last night. It was great being able to look around a TZ table in full 3D. The VR software itself for virtual pinball does seem like a bit of a mess and support for it seems lacking compared to non VR virtual pinball.
    Personally I’m more of a fan of the full cabinet virtual pinball machines. The entire social aspect of pinball goes out the window with VR pinball, wearing a headset isn’t fun after a few minutes (plus I want to drink a beer while playing lol), and then there’s the lack of a full size cabinet with proper weighting, mechanical devices, etc. I say this as someone who built a VR PinSim, it’s cool but a full size cabinet with mechanical and sound force feedback still seems more like real pinball IMO. The Ultra VP 6.0 supports VR which will be interesting to try.

True,
    VR pinball is a solo endeavor for sure. But I have 8 real pins for multiplayer. VR is for me! And it's just a cool toy nobody else has. I do like to play some other VR games as well, so there's that. G2 headset is very comfortable too, so that is a non issue for me. Also, there is support for feedback.

#3022 2 years ago

Ok! So I can not use the 1660 super correct ?

Thanks!

Richard

#3023 2 years ago

Ok! So I can not use the 1660 super correct ?
    Thanks!
    Richard

Not sure. Depends what head set and how you tweak things. Go to VPforums and ask there. I'm sure you can find answers.

#3024 2 years ago

the Xtreme VP looks way better than the Ultra Vp. better design and quality built. alot cheaper too

#3025 2 years ago

I can't imagine spending 9 large on a virtual pin!

#3026 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

the Xtreme VP looks way better than the Ultra Vp. better design and quality built. alot cheaper too

Before the Ultra VP 6.0 was announced I would have gone with an Xtreme Premium but it's a tougher choice now with the new 6.0 features. The price of an Xtreme Premium is close to an Ultra VP 6.0 once you factor in shipping to the US. I was quoted around $1200 in shipping fees along with a 6-7 month wait time. After going through build videos of both I like what I see with the Ultra VP more. The way the Ultra VP cabinet is built, the components + the layout of them in the cabinet, toggle switch panels to turn on / off items, etc appears better on the Ultra VP IMO. The Xtreme cabinets do look nice and appear built well.

I would be happy own a Xtreme Premium or an Ultra VP, both look awesome. The Xtreme Premium is using an MDF cabinet as with the Ultra 5.0 and earlier models. The new 6.0 Ultra VP is using 3/4" laminated plywood which at these prices seem like it should be a given. The cabinet upgrade, plus the change to a 120HZ display (finally) and a 3060 GPU makes it a tougher choice. The 43" Asus 4K 120hz display in the Xtreme Premium is damn nice though. If there's an issue with the Ultra VP it seems easier to get support here in the US versus overseas.

#3027 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Xtreme Premium is using an MDF cabinet as with the Ultra 5.0 and earlier models. The new 6.0 Ultra VP is using 3/4" laminated plywood which at these prices seem like it should be a given.

From what I've read on VPforums, the plywood is better for the SSF transducers as it's less dense than MDF and transfers the vibration better. And I agree at these prices, MDF is B.S. You ever see what water does to MDF?

#3028 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

From what I've read on VPforums, the plywood is better for the SSF transducers as it's less dense than MDF and transfers the vibration better. And I agree at these prices, MDF is B.S. You ever see what water does to MDF?

Interesting, that's good to know, thank you. Lol yeah not good, water + MDF = grated mushed cabinet.

#3029 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I have Ghostbusters. but won't share it with people that buy Ultra Vp. or any other commercial VP sellers. just don't like the idea of the company selling their product with HardDrives installed with people's blood,Sweat and Tears. without that harddrive and 1,000+ tables on it. Rec room world would not be getting the business they are . not for a price tag of $10,000. . thanks to A-Holes like Ultra Vp and others.

I've heard this accusation many times on this thread? The Ultra VP does not come with free games. The ROM with games is purchased seperatly, I assume that money gets back to the designers who did the work. Do you have proof that it isn't? If you are unsure or think it is, just don't buy the rom, but don't blame the company? Its a personal choice.

SmartSelect_20220418-000538_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220418-000538_Chrome (resized).jpg

#3030 2 years ago

I call BS on RecRoomWorld. he doesn't give money to designers. I don't need to proof. he's covering his ass by having third party overseas selling the drive. so no legal issues involve him. I remember awhile back he didn't have that disclaimer. iam assuming he did it after getting alot of flak from the community complaining. Ultra vp is a piece of overpriced junk. go ahead waste your money on it. a virtual has no value once you buy it . if you try selling it a few years later . you won't get close what you paid for it. of course anyone that buys the machine is gonna go for the hardrive with 1000+ tables installed ready to play. without that incentive he wouldn't be getting 9,000+ a pop for them. would like know who the third party is? is this true that Ultra Vp are assembled in CHINA and then dropped shipped to the buyer? maybe that's a reason he teamed up VpCabs..

#3031 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I call BS on RecRoomWorld. he doesn't give money to designers. I don't need to proof. he's covering his ass by having third party overseas selling the drive. so no legal issues involve him. I remember awhile back he didn't have that disclaimer. iam assuming he did it after getting alot of flak from the community complaining. Ultra vp is a piece of overpriced junk. go ahead waste your money on it. a virtual has no value once you buy it . if you try selling it a few years later . you won't get close what you paid for it. of course anyone that buys the machine is gonna go for the hardrive with 1000+ tables installed ready to play. without that incentive he wouldn't be getting 9,000+ a pop for them. would like know who the third party is? is this true that Ultra Vp are assembled in CHINA and then dropped shipped to the buyer? maybe that's a reason he teamed up VpCabs..

I don't think anyone building or buying a virtual pinball machine expects to get their money back, it's not an investment. If I had the money and space I would own 300+ pins but that's not a reality. Something like the Ultra VP, Xtreme Premium, etc offers people a way to play fairly realistic simulations of 100's of pinball machines that they may otherwise never buy. I've owned TZ, ACDC, XMEN, Family Guy, Stern Pirates, Shadow, LOTR, Getaway, F14 Tomcat, Stern Star Trek, and other DMD and prior era games, all I've since sold. While I enjoy playing those games I likely won't buy them again due to limited space and money for pinball. To have a chance to "play" all those again plus dozens of other tables I'm interested in on something like the Ultra VP or an Xtreme Premium sounds awesome.

The people building their own loaded virtual pinball machines are very talented and are creating some amazing looking games. For others that don't have the time or desire to build their own virtual pinball machine the Ultra VP, and cabinets from Xtreme Gaming Cabinets offer a great alternative. You can say all day long "Ultra vp is a piece of overpriced junk" but the feedback I've read, and discussed with fellow owners (including through PM's on here), say otherwise.

#3032 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I've heard this accusation many times on this thread? The Ultra VP does not come with free games. The ROM with games is purchased seperatly, I assume that money gets back to the designers who did the work. Do you have proof that it isn't? If you are unsure or think it is, just don't buy the rom, but don't blame the company? Its a personal choice.
    [quoted image]

In other words ...

"We know it's illegal and unethical, so we send you to 'our guy' in a third world country to do it for us."

Yeah, not shady at all.

#3033 2 years ago

Re-installing my SSF speakers in my new cab tonight. Trying to keep things/wires much cleaner the second time around!

Richard

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3034 2 years ago

I have a refurbished Oculus Quest 2 hooked up to this gaming laptop from CyberPowerPC: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Tracer-V-GAMING-I17G-220 (Your GeForce 1660 super is easily twice as powerful as the GeForce RTX 3050 Ti in this laptop.)

My controller is a ~$10 USB encoder with some buttons/microswitches from DIYRetroArcade, studded into an assemblage of cardboard boxes (half of which are from USPS.) Using PinUp Popper, with VPX and VR Launcher 4.26, it's just amazing.

Don't be intimidated by a perceived need for bleeding edge graphics and processing. While I can only imagine the brilliant clarity of using a state-of-the-art setup, you can still have one hell of an experience using a far cheaper setup as a starting point. I'll try to post some video later this week...

#3035 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I have a refurbished Oculus Quest 2 hooked up to this gaming laptop from CyberPowerPC: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Tracer-V-GAMING-I17G-220 (Your GeForce 1660 super is easily twice as powerful as the GeForce RTX 3050 Ti in this laptop.)
    My controller is a ~$10 USB encoder with some buttons/microswitches from DIYRetroArcade, studded into an assemblage of cardboard boxes (half of which are from USPS.) Using PinUp Popper, with VPX and VR Launcher 4.26, it's just amazing.
    Don't be intimidated by a perceived need for bleeding edge graphics and processing. While I can only imagine the brilliant clarity of using a state-of-the-art setup, you can still have one hell of an experience using a far cheaper setup as a starting point. I'll try to post some video later this week...

Ok! That is great to know!

I will most likely add it to my set up at some point then. So, if I have my cab set up with SSF and VPX it should be easy enough to add VR? Just need the head set?

Thanks for your input!

Richard

#3036 2 years ago

Ok! That is great to know!
    I will most likely add it to my set up at some point then. So, if I have my cab set up with SSF and VPX it should be easy enough to add VR? Just need the head set?
    Thanks for your input!
    Richard

You will need a VR version of vpx as well, there is a fairly easy to follow guide showing step by step on setting it up. If you're on Facebook join the Vr visual pinball group, it's for sure there plus many guys that can help you out. Too me VR is worth it, as I play VP by myself, when people come over it's best to play on the normal screens

#3037 2 years ago

I am doing a bit of work on my virtual setup as well. I got new PC parts. Need to put it all together now. 5600x cpu, 16gb ddr4, nvme2 drive, b550m motherboard. I am re-using the GTX 1080 that was already in there. The mobo has usb-c so i should be able to hook up an oculus at some point once I get things sorted out and playing in normal cab mode.

The pc this came with was a 4th gen i7, with a spinning disk drive. So I wanted to go nvme for the snappiness upgrade for sure. The cab also has all the fancy solenoids, exciters, shaker, etc. That stuff hadn't been hooked up though, so I wasn't worried about starting fresh with a new pc and sorting it all out. I have the whole zebs kit in here. It will be a bit of a long process to get all set up, but worth it.

#3038 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am doing a bit of work on my virtual setup as well. I got new PC parts. Need to put it all together now. 5600x cpu, 16gb ddr4, nvme2 drive, b550m motherboard. I am re-using the GTX 1080 that was already in there. The mobo has usb-c so i should be able to hook up an oculus at some point once I get things sorted out and playing in normal cab mode.
    The pc this came with was a 4th gen i7, with a spinning disk drive. So I wanted to go nvme for the snappiness upgrade for sure. The cab also has all the fancy solenoids, exciters, shaker, etc. That stuff hadn't been hooked up though, so I wasn't worried about starting fresh with a new pc and sorting it all out. I have the whole zebs kit in here. It will be a bit of a long process to get all set up, but worth it.

Sounds great!
    What is the advantage of a zebs kit?
    I am not interested in a plunger. What else does it offer?
    I have a standard “zero delay board” and that’s all.

Got my SSF hooked up tonight. Sounding good!
    Thanks!

796B1517-1BB2-4AFC-B12F-709F6FB824F5 (resized).jpeg796B1517-1BB2-4AFC-B12F-709F6FB824F5 (resized).jpeg
    #3039 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Well I purchased my Ultra in August of last year and they now sell for 2k more so I would say it was a good investment. I picked my up from Roland himself and watched them with my own eyes installing some hardware. The cabinets are made over seas and no the entire game is not sent directly to the buyer from china? They print the cabinet graphics and apply it themselves. All in Columbus Ohio.
    The reason Vpinball shutdown is because of people like you who are not interested in promoting Virtual as the new future in pinball like I am. Not sharing your tables etc. Your all the same, if you don't build it yourself then its crap and you have to earn your stripes. Dude, no one cares and all the home made ones at shows that I have seen have problems or is stuck on an update the entire weekend of a show. Talk about junk. Stop spreading lies and start talking up the virtual community which is why we are all here. You and the "club" are the reason its not getting more attention. I've had it with this thread and don't ever call me or anyone else wanting to buy a machine a newbie just because we don't have the time, resources, space, or even care about making one. I like how you all down vote any post discussing a manufacturers table. Have fun in your shrinking club. Bye

#3040 2 years ago

the issue isn’t about if you buy a pre-manufactured table or not. The issue is regarding buying hardware which contains Visual Pinball and/or Future Pinball and/or any of the tables which run on this software. This includes VP cabs, storage media, etc. Don’t buy them.

#3041 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Well I purchased my Ultra in August of last year and they now sell for 2k more so I would say it was a good investment. I picked my up from Roland himself and watched them with my own eyes installing some hardware. The cabinets are made over seas and no the entire game is not sent directly to the buyer from china? They print the cabinet graphics and apply it themselves. All in Columbus Ohio.
    The reason Vpinball shutdown is because of people like you who are not interested in promoting Virtual as the new future in pinball like I am. Not sharing your tables etc. Your all the same, if you don't build it yourself then its crap and you have to earn your stripes. Dude, no one cares and all the home made ones at shows that I have seen have problems or is stuck on an update the entire weekend of a show. Talk about junk. Stop spreading lies and start talking up the virtual community which is why we are all here. You and the "club" are the reason its not getting more attention. I've had it with this thread and don't ever call me or anyone else wanting to buy a machine a newbie just because we don't have the time, resources, space, or even care about making one. I like how you all down vote any post discussing a manufacturers table. Have fun in your shrinking club. Bye

Cabinet Made in China, got it. That's all I really need to know. Lol

At VirtuaPin, we build from the ground up using only topnotch materials and genuine parts. We then educate our clients on how to install the software, how to add tables, etc. Folks should know how to operate their expensive toys, after all.

There is a right way to do things in this hobby. Even the art we offer is fully licensed.

What really blows my mind is the $3500 more than a VirtuaPin Extreme spent for a Chinese-built cabinet and lesser components, and solenoid system? Lol

SAM_8245_1644177938215.jpegSAM_8245_1644177938215.jpeg
    #3042 2 years ago

From a customer point of view I'm leaning towards the Ultra VP 6.0 for a few reasons. Feedback from owners, including owners I've talked with on here through PM's, have been great. I wasn't a fan of the MFD cabinets offered by Xtreme Gaming Cabinets or Rec Room World. Thankfully Rec Room World made a switch to 3/4" laminated plywood cabinets with the 6.0 units. The switch to 120hz displays and updated hardware are also a welcome change.

I don't really see how the Ultra VP is using lesser components? If its the cabinet of the Ultra VP versus the cabinet from VirtualPin I agree, the VirtualPins are made using proper Bally Williams restoration cabinets of very high quality, plus all of the trimming on them is Bally / Williams. There's no debate there which product is using the better cabinet. The Ultra VP 6.0 cabinet is using 3/4" laminated plywood and while there's not a Bally Williams lockdown bar, coin door and other Bally Williams hardware what is there still seems pretty good.

The biggest difference between both units IMO, and why as of now I would go with an Ultra VP 6.0 over a VirtuaPin, is the mechanical, SSF, and DOF features. The Ultra VP 6.0 has an impressive force feedback, DOF, and SSF setup. There's a crap ton of wiring, other boards, and amplifiers in the thing that routes all of that together and it all works out of the box. There's 4 transducers, 2 bass exciters, a shaker motor, gear motor, real tilt bob, 8 solenoids, and 2 contactors. As a customer I want those items in a virtual pinball machine and don't want to have to install them and or configure them myself. Then there's the panels to turn off individual mechanical items as the player see's fit, cabinet LED lightning, and the video topper with beacon lights that works out of the box. When I consider all of that plus the 120hz display, i7 10th gen processor, etc the $2k - $3k price difference (not sure how taxes, options, and shipping differ between both) doesn't seem that bad.

Personally I would like to see a VirtualPin Super Extreme or something that offers all of the mechanical + sound related items above. Add the SSF, DOF, and mechanical options above plus toss in a 43" Asus 4K 120hz monitor, charge another $2k more for it and bam that easily sounds like the best consumer virtual pinball machine on the market.

#3043 2 years ago

Sounds great!
    What is the advantage of a zebs kit?
    I am not interested in a plunger. What else does it offer?
    I have a standard “zero delay board” and that’s all.
    Got my SSF hooked up tonight. Sounding good!
    Thanks![quoted image]

Looking good man. The zebs kits have the plunger, solenoids, shaker motor, power supply, i/o boards, led controls, etc. Pretty nice way to get a bunch of toys/effects installed in a solid package.

#3044 2 years ago

A VirtuaPin Extreme, swap the screen to a 43" Asus 120HZ 4K display (VirtuaPin offers the service), and the DOF kit below sounds like it would be pretty amazing. Now I'm reconsidering the Ultra VP again lol.

ebay.com link: itm

#3045 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From a customer point of view I'm leaning towards the Ultra VP 6.0 for a few reasons. One, the features and build quality. Feedback from owners, including owners I've talked with on here through PM's, have been great. I wasn't a fan of the MFD cabinets offered by Xtreme Gaming Cabinets or Rec Room World. Thankfully Rec Room World made a switch to 3/4" laminated plywood cabinets with the 6.0 units. The switch to 120hz displays and updated hardware are also a welcome change.
    I don't really see how the Ultra VP is using lesser components? If its the cabinet of the Ultra VP versus the cabinet from VirtualPin I agree, the VirtualPins are made using proper Bally Williams restoration cabinets of very high quality, plus all of the trimming on them is Bally / Williams. There's no debate there which product is using the better cabinet. The Ultra VP 6.0 cabinet is using 3/4" laminated plywood and while there's not a Bally Williams lockdown bar, coin door and other Bally Williams hardware what is there still seems pretty good.
    The biggest difference between both units IMO, and why as of now I would go with an Ultra VP 6.0 over a VirtuaPin, is the mechanical, SSF, and DOF features. The Ultra VP 6.0 has an impressive force feedback, DOF, and SSF setup. There's a crap ton of wiring, other boards, and amplifiers in the thing that routes all of that together and it all works out of the box. There's 4 transducers, 2 bass exciters, a shaker motor, gear motor, real tilt bob, 8 solenoids, and 2 contactors. As a customer I want those items in a virtual pinball machine and don't want to have to install them and or configure them myself. Then there's the panels to turn off individual mechanical items as the player see's fit, cabinet LED lightning, and the video topper with beacon lights that work out of the box. When I consider all of that plus the 120hz display, i7 10th gen processor, etc the $2k - $3k price difference (not sure how taxes, options, and shipping differ between both) doesn't seem that bad.
    Personally I would like to see a VirtualPin Extreme+ or something that offers all of the mechanical + sound related items above. Add the SSF, DOF, and mechanical options above plus toss in a 43" Asus 4K 120hz monitor, charge another $2k more it and bam that easily sounds like the best consumer virtual pinball machine on the market.

First of all, just to be clear, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything. I have plenty of work on my plate.

Honestly, though, after 12 years of doing what we do, solenoids are the worst idea for consumer virtual pinball machines, for several reasons.

1. They're NOT UL/CE certified, so impossible to insure. They're a potential danger.
    2. They're not easy to config for beginners, which is likely why these sellers feel they have to offer them fully loaded.
    3. They simply don't feel real.

SSF solves all those problems and is MUCH less expensive, dangerous, and difficult to set up. If someone wants to add solenoids, have at it. At least by then, they have a fighting chance after learning the software.

For what it's worth, I received two phone calls and several emails thanking me and explaining how fortunate they feel for going with VirtuaPin after seeing the Ultra VP at TPF this year. We just build that kind of quality that you can't find anywhere else.

#3046 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A VirtuaPin Extreme, swap the screen to a 43" Asus 120HZ 4K display (VirtuaPin offers the service), and the DOF kit below sounds like it would be pretty amazing. Now I'm reconsidering the Ultra VP again lol.
    ebay.com link: itm

If someone asks for the Asus 120HZ, we do that, no problem.

Want a 15.6" monitor instead of DMD? No problem.

We custom build every unit.

BTW, 49" is WAY too big. The ball looks like a golf ball, which is why I pulled our Ultrawide machine from our listings.

#3047 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoahFentz:

If someone asks for the Asus 120HZ, we do that, no problem.
    Want a 15.6" monitor instead of DMD? No problem.
    We custom build every unit.
    BTW, 49" is WAY too big. The ball looks like a golf ball, which is why I pulled our Ultrawide machine from our listings.

Hi Noah, previously you had mentioned working on a pinsim style device. Any update you can share on that? I still really like the idea of something in that style and footprint for VR purposes. If it had a real lockdown bar, legs, and a bit of heft to it for "nudge-ability", that would rock.

#3048 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wasn't a fan of the MFD cabinets offered by Xtreme Gaming Cabinets or Rec Room World.

Xtreme Gaming Cabinets also offers laminated plywood option($150 upgrade) but their cabinets are made in house not assembled in China.

#3049 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hi Noah, previously you had mentioned working on a pinsim style device. Any update you can share on that? I still really like the idea of something in that style and footprint for VR purposes. If it had a real lockdown bar, legs, and a bit of heft to it for "nudge-ability", that would rock.

It's coming.

I take new product design very seriously, plus we're going to have three very different designs. These things take time.

I'll keep everyone posted once I have some pics of them finished. It may be a while. We're very backed up from the great covid shutdown here in Michigan.

#3050 2 years ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

Xtreme Gaming Cabinets also offers laminated plywood option($150 upgrade) but their cabinets are made in house not assembled in China.

Good to know, thank you.

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.