6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,278 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mazzaneo
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 418 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200312_204737 (resized).jpg
    20200312_203302 (resized).jpg
    20200312_203250 (resized).jpg
    20200312_203241 (resized).jpg
    20200312_203226 (resized).jpg
    20200312_205326 (resized).jpg
    CD5FC500-A781-48CB-AD55-9EE7FC8D15E4 (resized).jpeg
    87E54320-DCB4-4747-A266-93888A4C0BB2 (resized).jpeg
    6FB22734-B9D3-4769-809C-5E8B96BA08FF (resized).jpeg
    EFECE382-549F-442A-9C4B-E4C6E84D66BC (resized).jpeg
    935CEC1B-70EA-4819-B5FA-FE005DB40C0C (resized).jpeg
    88AEF41F-FD36-45B2-9F4E-6999C8C1F64C (resized).jpeg
    E68C80F7-928F-4B30-9A7D-6B42DC72847D (resized).jpeg
    4E444AC0-87D4-46D9-A8D1-5A3B495A4EA8 (resized).jpeg
    D240EC98-FE88-4F56-8717-ECAC74E7778C (resized).jpeg
    BA43674C-3C33-4D51-814A-1B95A64E9442 (resized).jpeg

There are 2278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 46.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I really enjoy the pinball fx table Epic Quest, give it a try, it's worth playing for a bit

This is one of my favorite tables as well. There are only a few I just can't stand (some of the Star Wars tables are terrible). Still trying to convince myself to just buy them all right now at 50% off, but I'm hoping they go on flash sale and hit 75% at some point...

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

This is one of my favorite tables as well. There are only a few I just can't stand (some of the Star Wars tables are terrible). Still trying to convince myself to just buy them all right now at 50% off, but I'm hoping they go on flash sale and hit 75% at some point...

I like the newest batch of SW tables like droids & etc but gotta agree half of the total SW collection = turds.

Man I enjoyed the shit out of the Rome table. LOVE it! Maybe that's just because I watch a lot of documentaries

I'm just gonna buy all the tables while they're 50% off. Prolly today. I'm sure my daughter & nieces/nephews will enjoy the ones I don't. So buy the tables nicoga, make it rain

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I really enjoy the pinball fx table Epic Quest, give it a try, it's worth playing for a bit

Will do mang

------

Edit: bought em all. Only picked one of the soccer tables tho as they're all the same but with a different color scheme. I went with the black/white accented one that starts with a "J" or something because it matched the black/white of the soccer ball in play. I'm not into sports so I don't know who the F those teams are.

I played some VP last night & the physics cannot compare to PinballFX. However I still have a soft spot for VP & love what people have created so I will prolly load both when I get around to it. Problem is it's just such a long drawn out PITA to get VP going so I'm in no rush for that endless shit... First world problems

#253 5 years ago

The new Deadpool table is pretty cool. Sorcerer's Lair is still one of my favorites.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I like the newest batch of SW tables like droids & etc but gotta agree half of the total SW collection = turds.
    Man I enjoyed the shit out of the Rome table. LOVE it! Maybe that's just because I watch a lot of documentaries
    I'm just gonna buy all the tables while they're 50% off. Prolly today. I'm sure my daughter & nieces/nephews will enjoy the ones I don't. So buy the tables nicoga, make it rain

Will do mang

Yeah, I haven't played the 2nd set of Star Wars tables.

Also, as soon as I take the dog out, I'll be buying some mad Pinball FX2 tables. Might as well just dive in and do it...

E: Bought all the tables. Smart decision. Got a lot of virtual pinball to play!

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I played some VP last night & the physics cannot compare to PinballFX. However I still have a soft spot for VP & love what people have created so I will prolly load both when I get around to it. Problem is it's just such a long drawn out PITA to get VP going so I'm in no rush for that endless shit... First world problems

Try the executable and some of the tables here and see what your physics opinion is.

http://pinballbulbs.com/files/physmod.html

#256 5 years ago

Tesla is my current favorite, and for whatever reason, I'm drawn to the Blade table, it's pretty fun. Every time I play Iron Man the vibration motors in my controller get locked on, so I haven't played that much(XBOX). I don't have the PC version yet.

In the TV's setting, you'll likely want to disable anything that says Dynamic or Automatic. Sometimes using the VGA port or component inputs can reduce lag, depends on the TV. When you install it in your cab, be mindful of the viewing angle, I see some people setting the head end lower and this makes the problem worse. I'll be mounting mine parallel to the glass, if you set the in game camera properly, it will look perfect. too many times I see where people zoom into the table and you can't see the sidewalls in the virtual game. This is what helps it look more real, but everyone has an opinion on it. It's like LED's vs Incandescent bulbs argument.

#257 5 years ago

This database of input lag for various displays is awesome: http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ The guy that started it is a competitive Street Fighter player.

And yeah just buy all the PBFX2 tables. Even the ones that aren't my favorites are still worth playing (ok...maybe not V12 ) and they're so cheap compared to any real life pinball it's such a good deal.

#258 5 years ago

Thank you for that Roo. Good info!

#259 5 years ago

I was at Marvin's and thought I would play fh and thought is was fun and said to myself maybe I will look for one.then
    I went home and fired up my vp with force feedback and played funhouse and was more than satisfied and lost interest in looking for a real one, I find that to be true with most of the classic b/w game that and pinball fx2 is why ii will never sell my vp,I know I am in the minority but lucky I am happy with the play

#260 5 years ago

Agreed rockrand. I don't care for a lot of the older pins either, but a play or 2 is fun....and when you don't have to worry about the maintenance of a 20+ year old machine http makes it extra good. As a gamer and pinballer I can respect both sides, but agree that it scratches the itch more than enough for most things......except the new ones you can't get yet.

#261 5 years ago

Has anyone built a virtual pin using Changhong LED displays?

#262 5 years ago

About the Real DMD display which one is preferred
    Led or Plasma? or is using just a computer
    monitor just as good? for sound system
    anyone know whats the best speakers and sub
    and amp to get?

#263 5 years ago

I think an LCD for DMD is best, I imagine in the future colour DMD will come to virtual pins. So it's future proofing you machine.

#264 5 years ago

Audio, theirs many great choices. I bought a 2.1 plate amp (for a DIY subwoofer kit). Some use car audio. Some use flipper fidelity kits.

My choice boiled down to power supply (mines 110v) I don't need an extra power supply to run it. I'd also stay away from a small amp that runs off your pc's power.

#265 5 years ago

We have 1 Zombie Madness demo machine available for sale. It's in perfect shape and was only used for 2 trade shows. Full size machine loaded with Pinball FX2 and ready for all the VP tables you want. $3995 + shipping.

image-753.jpg
    #266 5 years ago

How does the backglass work with Pinball FX (ZEN)?

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

How does the backglass work with Pinball FX (ZEN)?

It's static and you can set it to whatever image you want. Here's the default backglass and dmd images i put together for my mini.

prime.png
    #268 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

It's static and you can set it to whatever image you want. Here's the default backglass and dmd images i put together for my mini.

prime.png 471 KB

Unless you're running the backglass changer app I wrote for pinball fx2. Also why so you have a DMD image? Doesn't the dmd go here?

#269 5 years ago

DMD image just shows up between loading games.

#270 5 years ago

some very wonderfull pincabs here !
    between piece of art & entertainement build, well done guys

3 weeks later
    #271 5 years ago

Just ordered a Vpcabs mini so i guess that finally qualifies me to be a part of this exclusive community!! Counting the days until it arrives in Norway Will post pictures when it gets here

#272 5 years ago

has anyone used PinballX for their front end?
    just looking for opinions on which is better
    the HyperPin or PinballX thanks for any help
    offered.

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

offered.

I dislike both. I use steam big picture as a front end. And I wrote my own thing for listing and launching VP tables from it.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

offered.

I haven't used HyperPin in a while but PinballX is very easy to configure, loads fast, and is stable. From my understanding, Hyperpin is picky about file names, everything has to be exact, Once you configure PinballX, you just pick the table from a list.

Try both, they are free and can co-exist.

#275 5 years ago

Thanks for the info NextoPin. I messed around
    with hyperpin but seems kinda a pain trying
    to set up a table. I get errors. so what your saying
    is pinballx is user friendly? iam trying to figure out
    the software for VP till my virtual is ready to go. how
    about Future pinball tables are those in 3D?

#276 5 years ago

Yes, FP is 3D, Get BAM if you are using FP, it makes it so easy and if supports head tracking and 3D displays.

BAM - http://www.ravarcade.pl/

#277 5 years ago

Hyperpin is good but can take quite a while to configure correctly. The only reason I switched to PinballX was because I kept having focus issues that I couldn't solve. No problems, at all since switching.

#278 5 years ago

thanks for all the info. the future pinball
    looks great

1 week later
    #279 5 years ago
    Quoted from RNunez187:

Hyperpin is good but can take quite a while to configure correctly. The only reason I switched to PinballX was because I kept having focus issues that I couldn't solve. No problems, at all since switching.

I was having those too until I switched to using only B2S backglass tables.

5 months later
    #280 5 years ago

Hey all anything new in the virtual club? I have my virtual now.
    just trying to decide which front end to use. hyperpin or pinball x?
    does anyone if hyperpin will run great on a I7 with windows 7 64 bit
    thanks for any info on this

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

That is the setup I have and I love Hyperpin.

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Hey all anything new in the virtual club? I have my virtual now.
    just trying to decide which front end to use. hyperpin or pinball x?
    thanks for any info on this

I have Windows 7 64bit running on an AMD and Hyperpin runs great.

#283 5 years ago

Thanks!! ill go with Hyperpin. now just need
    to figure out setting up the tables. been told
    its a #$@%& pain.

#284 5 years ago

You guys (that currently own) really enjoy these as a addition to the line up?
    I ask, because I can buy a really nice pin for that price. I'm thinking as a "Addition" but, full size along w/force feed back and all the bells and whistles..equals a very nice pin..you guys happy with them after awhile? Or, does it tend to fall into that "never gets played" thing after awhile.
    Lastability??

#285 5 years ago

I wish somebody would setup a virtual machine or something with everything pre-configured and tables loaded. Then run that on your hardware and switch whatever due to your custom virtual pin.

(this coming from someone who does not own or has built a virtual pin)

#286 5 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

I ask, because I can buy a really nice pin for that price. I'm thinking as a "Addition" but, full size along w/force feed back and all the bells and whistles..equals a very nice pin..you guys happy with them after awhile? Or, does it tend to fall into that "never gets played" thing after awhile.

Took the time and built my own, so it was very economical and very worth it.
    Now If I had to shell out for a professional one I would double think it.
    But I and my family play in a lot of tournaments and VP is a perfect way to learn all the rules for every pin. Don't buy one for the realism or physics or you will be disappointed. However the ability to play whatever pin you want any time you want is fantastic.

#287 5 years ago

Thanks,
    It is NOT intend to replace a real pin at my house..it is hopefully, to add to game room fun.
    If I do this it will be through VPCABS.
    I like what I see and read about them, and they have responded to every one of my questions, in a timely manor.
    I'm not against building my own. I just don't have the time. Looks like these guys have what I would build in the LE.
    I just know that the cost represents a really nice one "real" pin. So, it has to be worth it it the long run.

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

I wish somebody would setup a virtual machine or something with everything pre-configured and tables loaded. Then run that on your hardware and switch whatever due to your custom virtual pin.
    (this coming from someone who does not own or has built a virtual pin)

There are legal reason behind this due to the simulator licenses and the copyrights on the tables. If you found someone who builds them or owns one, you may be able to get a copy of the hard drive from them, but they shouldn't be sold with them loaded.

As far as building your own, you can start with a smaller one. I'm making a tabletop one right now with a 24 inch playfield screen and a old 17 inch square monitor for the backbox. Get the software working, wire up some flipper buttons and start button to and old game pad and you got something to play. After that it's just making it bigger and adding force feedback and more input options.

Another idea for an easy first VPin is don't try to house the computer inside, just run a USB hub, Video and a audio cable out to your normal PC and use it as a "controller" with screens.

I wish there was a Virtual Pinball or Pinball Simulator section here on the forums, it would be nice to see some build threads.

#289 5 years ago

Well I was thinking of an image with the setup for Steam or other Pinball Platforms ready and configured other than say your username. That way when you enter your credentials you have all your tables but not much of the first time setup.

#290 5 years ago

I am using PinballX and have been very happy with it. Honestly, building it is half the fun and if you have spare part laying around, can be very economical. As mentioned previously, don't build one to replace pinball, but to supplement it. It is, at the end of a day, a video game of pinball and is a whole lot of fun. You can play tables you don't have or may never have, learn some rules and try some shots, or try some other people's creations. And if you don't feel like building or buying professional, I would always be willing to sell mine for a cheap price - much cheaper than "professionally built!!

#291 5 years ago

Thanks for your input. I like the hyperpin menu
    but heard that pinball X is user friendly compared to
    hyperpin for setting up tables. i tried messing around
    with trying to learn the sortware to run tables
    but just seems like alot of work. iam so so at computers
    anyknow know any forums that give you step by step
    to get tables to run for dummys like myself. I had my
    VP Professionally built so i invested a lot into
    it. it doesnt have force feedback or the extra
    whistles. has real dmd. digital plunger working
    coin door. has custom decals i had made for it. i collect pinballs but dont
    have the room but every time i wanna play one
    of my machines i have to haul them from storage
    back and fourth. so having a simulator will be nice
    to play the pinballs i own or the expensive ones
    i couldnt afford . heres some pics of my custom decals i had madesecuredownload-39.jpegsecuredownload-42.jpegsecuredownload-30.jpeg

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

There are legal reason behind this due to the simulator licenses and the copyrights on the tables. If you found someone who builds them or owns one, you may be able to get a copy of the hard drive from them, but they shouldn't be sold with them loaded.
    As far as building your own, you can start with a smaller one. I'm making a tabletop one right now with a 24 inch playfield screen and a old 17 inch square monitor for the backbox. Get the software working, wire up some flipper buttons and start button to and old game pad and you got something to play. After that it's just making it bigger and adding force feedback and more input options.
    Another idea for an easy first VPin is don't try to house the computer inside, just run a USB hub, Video and a audio cable out to your normal PC and use it as a "controller" with screens.
    I wish there was a Virtual Pinball or Pinball Simulator section here on the forums, it would be nice to see some build threads.

I have a section on my site about my virtual pinball machine. I plan on doing a video with the process of installing all the software that controls the machine.

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/virtual%20pinball%20personal%20machine.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

I will tell you that owing one of these alone is great! So many tables that I once owned at my fingertips, decent gameplay, no errors to chase down and fix, etc. However, I added a pin back into the lineup and ever since, I don't touch the thing. I have it listed for sale right now, But I am actually on the fence about keeping the virtual and selling my BBH Pro. Being limited on how many pins I can own makes it more appealing to keep the virtual and "play" more tables. If you have a few pins already, I think just playing those and trading for something new once in a while would be much better than owning a Virtual. When I was at 5 to 10 machines all the time, I would definitely ignored a Virtual table in the lineup. But that's just me.

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks for your input. I like the hyperpin menu
    but heard that pinball X is user friendly compared to
    hyperpin for setting up tables. i tried messing around
    with trying to learn the sortware to run tables
    but just seems like alot of work.

You can import your hyperpin config directly into PinballX
    http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13736-pinballx-documentation/

Quoted from dapperdan24:

I have it listed for sale right now, But I am actually on the fence about keeping the virtual and selling my BBH Pro.

Hold off until the next release of Unity Pinball (Unit3D Pinball) before you decide. It looks like it's going to be amazing.

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Hold off until the next release of Unity Pinball (Unit3D Pinball) before you decide. It looks like it's going to be amazing.

I just got this email. Can't view the video's at work, but I expect it to be awesome.

"2 more tables to come with the BETA version"

#296 5 years ago

Thanks Dapperdan. i checked out some videos from their
    site. pretty impressive.

#297 5 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I just got this email. Can't view the video's at work, but I expect it to be awesome.
    "2 more tables to come with the BETA version"
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

So will this be cabinet friendly?

Looks very promising.

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

So will this be cabinet friendly?
    Looks very promising.

Very.

You literally grab the screen and drag it to your backglass and resize.

You can do that now with the alpha version, give it a try.

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Very.
    You literally grab the screen and drag it to your backglass to resize.

Yeah I saw a video of it. Looked cool. Still wonder about the physics of it but would have to test it out.

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah I saw a video of it. Looked cool. Still wonder about the physics of it but would have to test it out.

The physics looked pretty rough in those videos. The ball shoots like a rocket off the flippers. It also comes to a stop super quick on the flipper with the flipper up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 2278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside