Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,980 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 80.
    #2851 2 years ago

I use this one. The free edition allows a full hard drive image backup/restore while the commercial version offers other features that I didn't need.

https://www.aomeitech.com/ab/standard.html

Quoted from TomN:

Anyone offer any advice on cloning the HDD in a Virtual Pin? It's a VPcabs model. My 10 year old nephew worked his magic on it Christmas night. Totally fubar after he was done with it. Didn't even want to boot. I suspect he figured out how to turn it on and off, and did so several times and probably corrupted it. Lucky for me I had a cloned WD HDD and replaced the SSD that was in it. I'd like to get the SSD drive back. My plan was to make a new clone now that I have it all setup again. I bought a Samsung SSD 1TB drive. I would like to clone the WD HDD to the Samsung SSD so I am booting with the faster SSD drive instead of the platter drive. I would install the Samsung Data Migration software and create the clone on the Samsung SSD. Does anyone see a problem with this? My system is older, so it's running Windows 7 if it matters.

#2852 2 years ago

Appreciate the links. I read about Acronis. Seems to get great reviews. I reached out via
    Email to tech support. The dude mentioned that he uses a stand alone device to do 1 for 1 copies, they don’t use software in the actual pc. He didn’t have a lot to offer

#2853 2 years ago

I’m sure it will be fine. Just a little hesitant for some reason.

#2854 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Anyone offer any advice on cloning the HDD in a Virtual Pin? It's a VPcabs model. My 10 year old nephew worked his magic on it Christmas night. Totally fubar after he was done with it. Didn't even want to boot. I suspect he figured out how to turn it on and off, and did so several times and probably corrupted it. Lucky for me I had a cloned WD HDD and replaced the SSD that was in it. I'd like to get the SSD drive back. My plan was to make a new clone now that I have it all setup again. I bought a Samsung SSD 1TB drive. I would like to clone the WD HDD to the Samsung SSD so I am booting with the faster SSD drive instead of the platter drive. I would install the Samsung Data Migration software and create the clone on the Samsung SSD. Does anyone see a problem with this? My system is older, so it's running Windows 7 if it matters.

Hdd raw copy is a great tool for hard drives of all type. https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

#2855 2 years ago

If anyone in the pa/md/dc/northern va area has a nice virtual pin for sale, please let me know. I may be interested.

#2856 2 years ago

I was able to clone to a new SSD. Bought a Samsung 1TB and used the software from Samsungs Website. "Data Migration" tool, part of Samsung Magician suite. Anyway, super easy and only around 25 minutes to copy from start to finish. Boot up is super fast and everything works as it should. Man did I over think this. Lol

#2857 2 years ago

anyone in the north dakota area with a nice virtual machine for sale or assist in building one. please let me know.

#2858 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

While there are original virtual machines, the vast majority are recreations of real machines. The authors have no more right to make any money from those than the cab builders.

Correct, and table authors don't profit monetarily from their own efforts.

#2859 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Correct, and table authors don't profit monetarily from their own efforts.

Agreed, and the movie companies and musicians don't make money from the authors ripping off their license and clips to create tables so everyone is even.

#2860 2 years ago

Anyone check out the friday the 13th beta game based on Godzilla? Hopefully by Halloween it will be ready!

#2861 2 years ago

Hi all, specially you people that know stuff about Virtual Pinball. I’ve just started to look for a machine. Hade few normal pinballs before. But got no space, or just little space. So I thought, maybe a virtual pinball machine would be great. I’ve been looking arround the internet and YouTube. And found two machines that got me interested, one is from Australia. Company called Retro Play. And they have a awesome machine called Adrenalin. And then I’ve seen a machine from the Us. From a company called Recroomworld.com and have a nice looking machine Called Ultra VP. Anyone here know anything about these machines? Tested them? Which one you think is the better? Or maybe you guys know a even better machine? And for the record, I don’t have the time, or skill to build my own machine, I had a VP 4 years ago, from China, it sucked, no real feel at all.I have owned a few real pinballs to. But Maybe the VP machines are better now? Or still big difference from the real pinball machines? Any help is great full. Thanks from Sweden.

#2862 2 years ago

I'm thinking about getting the Adrenaline machine from RetroPlay if I don't find any builders in the US . another plus ordering Austrailian is cheaper with the currency exchange. US dollar is worth more . plus RetroPlay is building his machines with real pinball flipper,Bumpers, slingshots assembly parts . for a real pinball experience. plus the Adrenaline has 4k 120 hz tv screen. the Ultra Vp has a 60hz Monitor. Ultra Vp isn't bad but would be nice with a 120hz .. plus 49" screen is kinda big..

#2864 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chimmen:

Hi all, specially you people that know stuff about Virtual Pinball. I’ve just started to look for a machine. Hade few normal pinballs before. But got no space, or just little space. So I thought, maybe a virtual pinball machine would be great. I’ve been looking arround the internet and YouTube. And found two machines that got me interested, one is from Australia. Company called Retro Play. And they have a awesome machine called Adrenalin. And then I’ve seen a machine from the Us. From a company called Recroomworld.com and have a nice looking machine Called Ultra VP. Anyone here know anything about these machines? Tested them? Which one you think is the better? Or maybe you guys know a even better machine? And for the record, I don’t have the time, or skill to build my own machine, I had a VP 4 years ago, from China, it sucked, no real feel at all.I have owned a few real pinballs to. But Maybe the VP machines are better now? Or still big difference from the real pinball machines? Any help is great full. Thanks from Sweden.

The feature list is really going to dictate which is best.
    4k and greater than 60hz go along way to making the screen look better and the ball seem less laggy. Real solenoids also tend to make a good difference in giving you the feeling you're playing a real table.
    Surround Sound feedback is huge for immersion.

Based on what gregh43 is saying it sounds like the Adrenaline one has what you're looking for. My only concern is that the computer they include can handle 4k @120hz. If you're playing VPX that takes a pretty beefy computer.

#2865 2 years ago

this is the PC specs on the Adrenaline seems like a powerhouse to support 4K.

. This machine features A Ryzen 7 CPU with 32GB DDR4 Ram and the Nvidia 6GB GPU (typically the 3060) with a 2 terrabyte SSD

#2866 2 years ago

I just got my first virtual pin from recroomworld. Roland is a really great guy and super responsive/helpful. The turnaround from ordering to receiving my machine was around 4 months or so. They have an awesome designer that helps with the artwork if you want a custom wrap. I've been playing it nonstop since I got it, way more than my zeppelin and R&M. I went with a green a yellow beach boys pet sounds theme and it's a super sharp looking machine. The gameplay is really fun, albeit not the same as a mechanical pin. You have to go into it with the mindset that it will be different but the variety and features of the machine really make up for it. Hope this helps and happy to answer any other questions.

Quoted from Chimmen:

image_50439937 (resized).JPGimage_50439937 (resized).JPGimage_6483441 (resized).JPGimage_6483441 (resized).JPGimage_67179777 (resized).JPGimage_67179777 (resized).JPG
    #2867 2 years ago

Thanks Sf2Pinhead for the Review. I have a question to ask you. I would like to know since the machine comes with a hardDrive with the software and pinball tables installed. are you able to do updates to the drive? since there is new tables coming out or updates to tables which seems to be on a daily basis. also did you buy the machine with all the extra lighting and the Topper?

#2868 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Sf2Pinhead for the Review. I have a question to ask you. I would like to know since the machine comes with a hardDrive with the software and pinball tables installed. are you able to do updates to the drive? since there is new tables coming out or updates to tables which seems to be on a daily basis. also did you buy the machine with all the extra lighting and the Topper?

For 8295.00 plus tax you could have all those lights too. Looks like it needs shorter legs,, Wonder why the shooter rod was placed there

#2869 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

For 8295.00 plus tax you could have all those lights too. Looks like it needs shorter legs,, Wonder why the shooter rod was placed there

I'm 6'9" so I wish it was even taller!

#2870 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I believe they have an online update system. Honestly, it's at my weekend place so I've only gotten to mess with it for a few days. I'll be getting into all the bells and whistles this weekend. I got all the options (lights, topper, etc.). It's an extremely well built machine.

#2871 2 years ago

perhaps the online update is for pinballfx or commercial packages, there is no online update for VPX tables.

Quoted from Sf2pinhead:

I believe they have an online update system. Honestly, it's at my weekend place so I've only gotten to mess with it for a few days. I'll be getting into all the bells and whistles this weekend. I got all the options (lights, topper, etc.). It's an extremely well built machine.

#2872 2 years ago

he must have dropped the price down on the machine. I remember it was at $9k or more. it's another $300 if u want the topper and police beacon and strobes. still way too I would wanna spend on a virtual. you could buy a nice used car for that price. plus the pinball games look 2D .

#2873 2 years ago

Reading this thread and seeing the prices being charged for these "ultra" VP machines is borderline sickening. The upcharge for these machines is ridiculous since the games being played on them are free and not a product of their own (nor should they be sold as such). It's bad enough what is happening with the NIB prices of real games but at least they're creating the experience themselves. These guys are just building a template cab and then using the work of others to actually make it desirable.

Do yourself a favor and ask around the community to find someone to pay to build this. I'm sure the charge would be much cheaper vs. these ripoffs online. Majority of these guys use displays and GPUs that are subpar on top of it. Or get into the VR scene and play it that way. Just know that if you go with these website guys, you're absolutely being ripped off big time.

Rant over -

#2874 2 years ago

Recroomworld provides support and updates etc...The price is obv high but you get what you pay for. The entire build is top quality from the cpu and components to screens/buttons/legs. If you don't want to buy one you def don't have to. For me to spend 7.5k for some random dude to build one and take a year to do it, vs spending 9k and getting tech support and full customization I'll take that any day. I don't post much and was literally just trying to help someone who was making a decision on what model to get. I'm having a great time with mine and somehow I can still pay all my bills! go figure?!

anti-troll rant over -

Quoted from delt31:

Reading this thread and seeing the prices being charged for these "ultra" VP machines is borderline sickening. The upcharge for these machines is ridiculous since the games being played on them are free and not a product of their own (nor should they be sold as such). It's bad enough what is happening with the NIB prices of real games but at least they're creating the experience themselves. These guys are just building a template cab and then using the work of others to actually make it desirable.
    Do yourself a favor and ask around the community to find someone to pay to build this. I'm sure the charge would be much cheaper vs. these ripoffs online. Majority of these guys use displays and GPUs that are subpar on top of it.
    Rant over -

#2875 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Do yourself a favor and ask around the community to find someone to pay to build this. I'm sure the charge would be much cheaper vs. these ripoffs online. Majority of these guys use displays and GPUs that are subpar on top of it. Or get into the VR scene and play it that way. Just know that if you go with these website guys, you're absolutely being ripped off big time.
    Rant over -

The ones I've seen that are very expensive tend to have pretty strong PCs in them, and remember the GPU alone can easily be >$1500 these days. When you price it out with a dozen real solenoids and all of the other DOF bells and whistles, a 4k 120hz screen and more it actually isn't as bad as it seems.

I thought the same when I first got into this and after building my own realized they aren't actually that overpriced.
    A guy near me builds them with every bell and whistle you can imagine and dual 3080's (Almost $5000 in video cards alone) and sells them for around $10k Canadian.

It can definitely be done cheaper but it's not exactly an easy build and setup and I can see why a lot of people who aren't DIY or computer people would pay the premium to just have it ready to go.

#2876 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sf2pinhead:

Recroomworld provides support and updates etc...The price is obv high but you get what you pay for. The entire build is top quality from the cpu and components to screens/buttons/legs. If you don't want to buy one you def don't have to. For me to spend 7.5k for some random dude to build one and take a year to do it, vs spending 9k and getting tech support and full customization I'll take that any day. I don't post much and was literally just trying to help someone who was making a decision on what model to get. I'm having a great time with mine and somehow I can still pay all my bills! go figure?!
    anti-troll rant over -

but you def don't get what you pay for. Look - I get having to convince someone that spending 9k is cool. I get it. I'm just trying to alert others who don't know any better.

#2877 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

The ones I've seen that are very expensive tend to have pretty strong PCs in them, and remember the GPU alone can easily be >$1500 these days. When you price it out with a dozen real solenoids and all of the other DOF bells and whistles, a 4k 120hz screen and more it actually isn't as bad as it seems.
    I thought the same when I first got into this and after building my own realized they aren't actually that overpriced.
    A guy near me builds them with every bell and whistle you can imagine and dual 3080's (Almost $5000 in video cards alone) and sells them for around $10k Canadian.
    It can definitely be done cheaper but it's not exactly an easy build and setup and I can see why a lot of people who aren't DIY or computer people would pay the premium to just have it ready to go.

I've built these things - it is as bad as it seems. Price is so ridiculous - they are feeding on the folks who clearly have no idea.

Dual 3080's are not 5k. That is my point. Even with the market crazy, they are not 5k for two. See below - and there are a ton more. 1500 max for new? 3k at most and that's just blindly on ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

Not here to go back and forth - I know I'm right. I just feel bad for the folks who have no idea about virtual (likely 80% of the people buying them) and they spend 9k. Complete BS and trying to help them avoid being scammed.

#2878 2 years ago

“Not here to go back and forth” right…

I built my first mame cabinet over 20 years ago and it’s no easy feat. What’s this “scam” you speak of for us naive folks? That they are overpriced? I think a lot of people on these boards assume no one has a life outside of message boards and pinball machines. The time cost and headaches to make one myself would be astronomical. So the scam is what exactly? You want people to source virtual pins from independent producers who can make them a little cheaper? I don’t get it.

Bottom line, the thing is super fun and lights up the room. If you have the disposable income and want one, buy it! If not, don’t! Super easy decision folks.

Quoted from delt31:

I've built these things - it is as bad as it seems. Price is so ridiculous - they are feeding on the folks who clearly have no idea.
    Dual 3080's are not 5k. That is my point. Even with the market crazy, they are not 5k for two. See below - and there are a ton more. 1500 max for new? 3k at most and that's just blindly on ebay.
    Not here to go back and forth - I know I'm right. I just feel bad for the folks who have no idea about virtual (likely 80% of the people buying them) and they spend 9k. Complete BS and trying to help them avoid being scammed.

#2879 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sf2pinhead:

I just got my first virtual pin from recroomworld.

I imagine the prices are high because the volumes are low. Probably not a lot of mass production here. People should pay what they want to. Of course you can build a virtual machine yourself - the instructions available in the internet are mindbogglingly good, pricepoint a third to half of the prices mentioned here (I’m assuming a 43 inch 4k monitor and a pc powerful enough to run it properly) and building one is a ton of fun.

I do wonder, however, where this company gets their software - are they just taking it from the open source virtual pinball community (visual pinball, future pinball) and installing it in their commercial products? Or are they using the “commercial” vp software - pinball arcade, zen, fx, etc (admittedly, I am not sure how these commercial systems work - I had pinball arcade on my ipad a while). If I understood the discussions of the virtual pinball community correctly, if a commercial virtual pinball cab builder is not using (and paying for) the commercial stuff, but instead including visual or future pinball, this is repugnant and clearly against the wishes of the vp communities. We should be avoiding these companies. If the open source vp systems are to be used, the commercial vendor should be selling his wares without vp software - then the hobbyist has the option of installing what he wants - how would this affect the price of the virtual machine ?

#2880 2 years ago

yeah you are correct Ultra Vp sells the machine with a harddrive with 1,000 plus VP tables on it. if you read the description on the site it says you can purchase the hard drive from 3rd party. or download the software and tables yourself. of course consumers are not going do that since if their spending $9k on machine they are expecting the tables on it and ready to play. the company thats selling these machines is protecting their Ass by
    having a 3rd party selling the drives.from differnt country. I been watching this site. they recently updated the site saying they cannot have any software installed on the machines. heres the disclaimer.

*DISCLAIMER
    Due to legal constraints here in the United States we cannot include any pinball table ROMS with our Virtual Pinball Machines. However, a 100% fully compatible plug & play SSD hard drive is available from an international third party for $150. It only takes a minute to install. We will provide those details after purchase.

doesn't matter about their disclaimer they are still not abiding with the community rules. when I purchased my virtual pinball machine I had it customed built from a builder. he would not provide any tables etc.. on it.. I had to set up everything my self. I recently sold my machine and when I sold it. I swapped out hard drives on mine and sold it with out tables installed.. iam curious on their machine it has a 49" screen on it. wonder how game play on a 49 is? isn't that kinda too big. thought most use 43"

#2881 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

iam curious on their machine it has a 49" screen on it. wonder how game play on a 49 is? isn't that kinda too big. thought most use 43"

I bought a 43 inch screen with a very narrow frame and it is pretty exactly 56 cm “high”, so pretty much exactly the width of a standard pin. This meant I had to build my cab around it so the screen sits on top of the cab in order to have the flipper buttons the correct distance from each other. Advantage is there is no screen frame visible inside the cab. If you want to use an existing cab and put the screen inside it, 43 inch will be too big. 49 inch is crazy big, maybe it would work nicely for a widebody pin. Ideally one would have two cabs - one for standard games and one for widebody games (and one for hercules, lol).

#2882 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I should have been more clear, I was talking Canadian. $1500 for each card + tax is pretty close to $5k Canadian.,

And like I said, I've built them myself and yeah they are overpriced but not nearly by as much as you're saying. Talking US prices $1500+ taxes for both video cards is already over $3k on the cards alone. The rest of the computer is another grand at least, then a dozen solenoids etc. It's really not that overpriced when you take into account the labor that goes into it.

I'm a computer guy and setting it up still took me several days of trial and error to get everything right. For someone who doesn't know computers and doesn't do DIY that's pretty much not an option. They would be tearing their hair out trying to get all of the software to work right together, get the DOF setup etc. The people buying these machines are typically not capable of doing what you and I did in building their own.

Price it out and not including labor you might be saving a grand or two? For the amount of hours it takes to put one of these together and set up the software I think that's reasonable for a lot of people. Even little things like mounting the screen and getting a bezel that looks nice can be a huge pain in the ass. To have it just done for you already is worth it for a lot of people.

I think the best thing about doing it yourself is you can choose exactly what options you want. I would probably never spend 9k on a vpin because I don't think things like flashers are worth it. One criticism I have of a lot of these pre built ones is they throw every bell and whistle in there and most are not really necessary.

#2883 2 years ago

I actually think both sides of this discussion are RIGHT - totally dependent upon personal preference

Unfortunately VPins are labor and knowledge intensive to build. I’m a Home Depot DIY person and a cheap scape on top- so this is more my path. Also once I dig into something I want to optimize it and wind up doing a trade study on almost all the parts to get the best for my objective

However I have plenty of friends that choose convenience over price. They quickly choose to pay others a higher price to get things done so they can do what they really enjoy - many consider working with their hands and hardware a giant hassle. When someone else does it - it’s not uncommon that material and labor get a markup - comes with the territory

Peace Out

#2884 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

I actually think both sides of this discussion are RIGHT - totally dependent upon personal preference
    Unfortunately VPins are labor and knowledge intensive to build. I’m a Home Depot DIY person and a cheap scape on top- so this is more my path. Also once I dig into something I want to optimize it and wind up doing a trade study on almost all the parts to get the best for my objective
    However I have plenty of friends that choose convenience over price. They quickly choose to pay others a higher price to get things done so they can do what they really enjoy - many consider working with their hands and hardware a giant hassle. When someone else does it - it’s not uncommon that material and labor get a markup - comes with the territory
    Peace Out

Bro... This is the internet. If you don't agree with someone you are totally 100% wrong and basically are a garbage person.

#2885 2 years ago

Greetings, does anyone know if there's anyone here on Pinside I can contact for help re: activating a new account at VPForums? I'm not getting the Account Validation email, and I even tried making an account using a completely different email address (in case the server on the first was filtering before it ever reached my account) and I'm not getting the validation email there either...

(And I can't message the administrators on VPF to find out what email address I should add to a whitelist to get a validation email, because I can't use the messaging or chatroom functions until the account is validated.)

Thanks kindly!

#2886 2 years ago

Is anyone here an admin at vpforums? I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to get my account validated. The validating email is not coming through; I even tried a different email address on a completely different mail server, and I'm still not getting anything...

For that matter, does anyone know from what email address the validation email would be coming? I'd like to try to add it to my mail accounts' whitelists to see if that's the issue...

#2887 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Is anyone here an admin at vpforums? I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to get my account validated. The validating email is not coming through; I even tried a different email address on a completely different mail server, and I'm still not getting anything...
    For that matter, does anyone know from what email address the validation email would be coming? I'd like to try to add it to my mail accounts' whitelists to see if that's the issue...

You're on the wrong site, This is the one you want https://vpuniverse.com/

#2888 2 years ago

Both sites have good content but vpforums has been around for over a decade. This is the vpforums link
    https://www.vpforums.org/

Quoted from Brtlkat:

You're on the wrong site, This is the one you want https://vpuniverse.com/

#2889 2 years ago

Thanks all, sorry for the trouble! Had no problems getting into VPUniverse, because I just linked it to my Discord... right after I posted this latest cry for help, one validation email from VPForums finally came through, and I'm now on both (hence the drain). Thanks kindly, and apologies again!

#2890 2 years ago

JonnyQTrek maybe goto virtuapin.com and email paul there . He Runs VPForums. good luck! hope it works out

#2891 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

JonnyQTrek maybe goto virtuapin.com and email paul there . He Runs VPForums. good luck! hope it works out

all good! It did come through, thanks kindly!

#2892 2 years ago

I made this fairly recently, and rather hastily….but I think the point comes across just fine. The best answer to pretty much anything virtual pinball is do it yourself….anything else you have a high chance of getting ripped off, not knowing how to do simple updates later, how to do very basic problem solving etc. Everyone that wants to have a Vpin should!!…on the other hand I think a very realistic answer is “for some, this might not be for you”. Keep in mind, for the most part the community is very kind and helpful. We tend to take care of each other, listen, and work together.

Obviously I was purpose over fashion. The irony is most people are curious about the Vpin more than any other machine I own.

If you like to watch gameplay, I’m just starting Youtube from Twitch finding my own way and a format that fits “me”. I’ll most likely respond to comments there swiftly.

#2893 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darkstar1234:

I made this fairly recently, and rather hastily….but I think the point comes across just fine. The best answer to pretty much anything virtual pinball is do it yourself….anything else you have a high chance of getting ripped off, not knowing how to do simple updates later, how to do very basic problem solving etc. Everyone that wants to have a Vpin should!!…on the other hand I think a very realistic answer is “for some, this might not be for you”. Keep in mind, for the most part the community is very kind and helpful. We tend to take care of each other, listen, and work together.
    Obviously I was purpose over fashion. The irony is most people are curious about the Vpin more than any other machine I own.
    If you like to watch gameplay, I’m just starting Youtube from Twitch finding my own way and a format that fits “me”. I’ll most likely respond to comments there swiftly.

Subscribed

#2894 2 years ago

why are you picking only on the aussie guy? he's not the only one selling machines with tables on it. there's others as well Ultra VP,
    VpCabs, Pinball King,. there's Ads out there to people selling plug and play Hard Drives with tables and software installed. The Aussie guy selling his Vp machines are well built with high end computer components. you showing Arcade 1 ups machine is correct. its JUNK . those machines are not suitable for Visual Pinball. sure you can modify it and hook up a pc . but it's junk to run the top quality tables. Not everyone can build a machine or have the time to learn to build a machine. I plan on getting a machine from the Austrailian guy you trashed. I don't need any tables installed on the machine. just want a top quality machine . plus his machine comes with a warranty.

#2895 2 years ago

Some more info about the small virtual pinball machine I have developed and still work on. For those of us who have less room And not willing to pay quite a lot for a regular cabinet these days. Or maybe a partner who thinks differently about that VPIN cabinet in the dining room. Not a replacement for a full sized cab but real fun to play on. And the glossy highres screen of an iPad look really really nice. If they only made them in 40 inch...
    I will be doing a Kickstarter crowdfunding coming spring. Let me know what you think so I can make it even better! I will do update post with new artwork and info.

#2896 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

why are you picking only on the aussie guy? he's not the only one selling machines with tables on it. there's others as well Ultra VP,
    VpCabs, Pinball King,. there's Ads out there to people selling plug and play Hard Drives with tables and software installed. The Aussie guy selling his Vp machines are well built with high end computer components. you showing Arcade 1 ups machine is correct. its JUNK . those machines are not suitable for Visual Pinball. sure you can modify it and hook up a pc . but it's junk to run the top quality tables. Not everyone can build a machine or have the time to learn to build a machine. I plan on getting a machine from the Austrailian guy you trashed. I don't need any tables installed on the machine. just want a top quality machine . plus his machine comes with a warranty.

You obviously have your mind made up. When you get it, I suggest you show off your machine and where you got it to VPUniverse, so the home base of table creators can give a response instead of just myself. Hopefully you’ll be coding some tables that take hundreds of hours to produce and uploading them for free also, so you can feel what it’s like to see people make profit off your work you unselfishly give. Thats really the ONLY thing people ask is not to redistribute the tables…other than that for the most part everything is all good and 100 percent FREE for just not transferring the files anywhere else, OR DEAL WITH THE PEOPLE THAT DO….and here you are saying “I don’t care, I’m giving him funds”.

David is by FAR the worst offender and is supported and sponsors the vile VPD. Your post was a nice middle finger to everyone in the virtual creative community, that’s OK though, as long as you make out with your “way cool machine”, fook the rest.

Looking forward to your creations. Something like GOT would be nice….let us know when your done

PS, my response is more at new folks overall, with the same mind set as the guy buying from people like David, making excuses….not just directed at whom I responded to directly, so please don’t take it personal in the most literal sense. Everyone is new at some time, there’s just no easy way to say “your doing it wrong”

#2897 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darkstar1234:

You obviously have your mind made up. When you get it, I suggest you show off your machine and where you got it to VPUniverse, so the home base of table creators can give a response instead of just myself. Hopefully you’ll be coding some tables that take hundreds of hours to produce and uploading them for free also, so you can feel what it’s like to see people make profit off your work you unselfishly give. Thats really the ONLY thing people ask is not to redistribute the tables…other than that for the most part everything is all good and 100 percent FREE for just not transferring the files anywhere else, OR DEAL WITH THE PEOPLE THAT DO….and here you are saying “I don’t care, I’m giving him funds”.
    David is by FAR the worst offender and is supported and sponsors the vile VPD. Your post was a nice middle finger to everyone in the virtual creative community, that’s OK though, as long as you make out with your “way cool machine”, fook the rest.
    Looking forward to your creations. Something like GOT would be nice….let us know when your done
    PS, my response is more at new folks overall, with the same mind set as the guy buying from people like David, making excuses….not just directed at whom I responded to directly, so please don’t take it personal in the most literal sense. Everyone is new at some time, there’s just no easy way to say “your doing it wrong”

You're obviously pretty new, too. VPU is a cash cow for the admin, took whatever he wanted from VPF to amass content, and advertises stolen goods, so if you're going to get all righteous, you may want to know what you're talking about. VPU is no better than VPD. Worse, actually. I've been talking with the 'VPD guy'. He's shutting it down. It just takes some patience and class in the approach.

As for buying a cabinet overseas, be vigilant. Once it gets here, you will have virtually no recourse if something goes wrong.

#2898 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoahFentz:

You're obviously pretty new, too. VPU is a cash cow for the admin, took whatever he wanted from VPF to amass content, and advertises stolen goods, so if you're going to get all righteous, you may want to know what you're talking about. VPU is no better than VPD. Worse, actually. I've been talking with the 'VPD guy'. He's shutting it down. It just takes some patience and class in the approach.
    As for buying a cabinet overseas, be vigilant. Once it gets here, you will have virtually no recourse if something goes wrong.

Noah,
    Appreciate the insight.

Any updates on a pinsim style product? You mentioned one a while back, but I hadn't heard anything. Thanks

#2899 2 years ago

how about you build machines and sell them then if you wanna control people like Dave. how do you stop people from selling tables? what about the next person selling their Virtual machine with pinball games already on it. it's the same thing. I don't like people selling machines or harddrives either with tables on them. if you wanna help with the solution then build machines and sell them or direct people to where to buy machines. without games installed. instead of attacking.
    I dont know how to build a virtual. iam shopping around. whoever sells a nice machine what iam looking for at a reasonable price . iam not set on buying from. David. if you know anyone building nice stern machine let me know.

#2900 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

how about you build machines and sell them then if you wanna control people like Dave. how do you stop people from selling tables? what about the next person selling their Virtual machine with pinball games already on it. it's the same thing. I don't like people selling machines or harddrives either with tables on them. if you wanna help with the solution then build machines and sell them or direct people to where to buy machines. without games installed. instead of attacking.
    I dont know how to build a virtual. iam shopping around. whoever sells a nice machine what iam looking for at a reasonable price . iam not set on buying from. David. if you know anyone building nice stern machine let me know.

If by Stern you mean full screen LCD DMD, VirtuaPin does that. We do custom work, too.

We've never sold machines with tables installed, though. With your purchase, you get me, personally, walking you through the installation process, showing you how to add tables, and getting a frontend setup, remotely.

Right now, we're not quick, thanks COVID, but you'll be hard-pressed to find a higher quality machine anywhere. Also, no Vizios will ever be used in the making of our products. Only top notch components, always new, never used or refurbed.

DudeRegular - They're in the queue! I never rush a new product. Always striving for perfection.

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.